Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share challenge announcement: CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE!!!! In honor of the WA release :)

Comments

• Options
    cuddlesomeQteecuddlesomeQtee Posts: 112 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Yay, I get to build a Country Side Retreat. Can't wait to get my hands on my copy of WA which should hopefully be today. Whoop! Whoop! :lol:

Let the adventure begin.

Keep Siming!
  • Options
    Aragona09Aragona09 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Great job Addict :)

I ended up in a french café on a romantic trip. It turned up to be love at first site when he fixed my computer, hahaha :lol:

Just need to get WA now and try to se what I can make of it.

Aragona

• Options
    ogopherogopher Posts: 69 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I don't have WA yet either, but I wanted to read the story. I'm a little confused.

I went: 8-23-17-19-25-28 not sure if I missed something. I didn't die, but I didn't get a build challenge either. :?

Waiting for my awesome family to ship me an English version of WA since I can't get it here :evil:
    Will probably disappear from the forums until I get it and have played around with it a little. But will pop back to check out the builds later this week!
  • Options
    racncone123racncone123 Posts: 1,138 New Member
    edited November 2009
    It's so awesome that this got featured! I loved the choose your own adventure books when I was a child; Addict what a great idea this was!

So I died twice (a taxi ran me over and I got electrocuted) and met Captian Fearless (mummies!! LOL), and finally I get to build a park. Landscaping and park building in general are not my strongest areas, which is good 'cause this'll be even more of a challenge!
  • Options
    poulpophonepoulpophone Posts: 118 New Member
    edited November 2009
    My challenge will be to build .... A PARK...
    Last week was my first BnS challenge but I think I'm going to become an addict!! :D
    I'm just waiting for WA before starting!!
    I propably have just enough time to learn how to make arched bridges!
    Thanks for the creator(s) of these challenges, they are really great!
  • Options
    BlueZimBlueZim Posts: 259
    edited November 2009
    Yay! Thank you for creative idea of a challenge
    It's time for me to learn the skills of ponds, bridges, gazebos and the such a little better, as it looks like I have an Asian Park to build :)
  • Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I only died like three times, that's an improvement for me! I gave up on these books as a child, because I would always die. I just don't have the capability to survive by myself, haha.

French Cafe, here I come!

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    Kit10Kit10 Posts: 303 Member
    edited November 2009
    Official Entry

Name: Kit10

Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1566770

Additional link to pictures: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=129532

Experience level: beginner intermediate

Assignment Lot: French Cafe

Lot Name: Charming Net Cafe

Lot address, size and final cost: France. 20X30. 12 Orchid Rd. Commercial/Nectary. Cost: $54,097

Details and Rational: I was inspired by this picture I found on google, lol. http://img2.boundlessgallery.com/images/products/large/product-101952-1201791091.jpg I also know that my little cafe doesn't really qualify as a "net cafe" as it's only got 2 computers but I don't know...I just put it in the title and don't want to go back and change it now. I really love the colors I used. I did try to stick to the red, white and blue but also tried to put more yellows in there to keep the old world feel and keep it cute. I'm very happy to present what i've done and hope you all like it too. ^_^

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: Just a door and a couple of lights and plants from the EA store.

Optional Challenges entered?: None.

Additional link to pictures (optional Challenges): N/A.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I wanted to bring this up because I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue. Building in France, I could not save but I could only save my build to the library. It kept giving me a message that "This option is not supported" whenever I tried to save the build or save the town with the new build. I ended up putting it in the library and then uploading it from there, so it's not in my game except for the library...so i'm not sure that it's usable? It sucks if it's not. Anyone else having the same problem?
  • Options
    addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi, Ogopher.
    Page 28 is an ending, even though it doesn't result in death. (Cough) You "missed your flight." :oops:

Kit10,
    Submitting here is OK. I'm sorry for not having a form up. Incredibly, I have been diagnosed with SWINE FLU!!! :( Yesterday things went downhill; I was up now submitting plans for my sub (as it's the first time I've felt up to sitting at the computer) so I took a quick peek in. I'm hoping Friday will go better, so I'll try to add some more details to the post. It looks like you submitted what you need; the only different thing I was going to add this week is to make sure to tell us which lot you were building.

To everyone else,
    I had this idea back in the summer, and I'm really happy I was able to launch it with WA. I wish I had time/energy to have pics, but I'm glad everyone got a "kick" out of it anyway. Thanks so much for your support! It's been a nice boost this week. :-)

Addict
  • Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited November 2009
    addict1220 wrote:
    Hi, Ogopher.
    Page 28 is an ending, even though it doesn't result in death. (Cough) You "missed your flight." :oops:

Kit10,
    Submitting here is OK. I'm sorry for not having a form up. Incredibly, I have been diagnosed with SWINE FLU!!! :( Yesterday things went downhill; I was up now submitting plans for my sub (as it's the first time I've felt up to sitting at the computer) so I took a quick peek in. I'm hoping Friday will go better, so I'll try to add some more details to the post. It looks like you submitted what you need; the only different thing I was going to add this week is to make sure to tell us which lot you were building.

To everyone else,
    I had this idea back in the summer, and I'm really happy I was able to launch it with WA. I wish I had time/energy to have pics, but I'm glad everyone got a "kick" out of it anyway. Thanks so much for your support! It's been a nice boost this week. :-)

Addict

That's terrible Addict! Swine Flu? I hope you get better soon and rest up. Take plenty of those Vitamin C tablets. Just don't overdose like I did... *hugs* Wishing you all the best. Great story this week, btw.
  • Options
    ciaracaffciaracaff Posts: 815 Member
    edited November 2009
    I haven't got WA and probably won't be getting it until Christmas.
    Do you have to have WA to take part in this challenge.
  • Options
    MamaPaulo0f5MamaPaulo0f5 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Oh no Addict! I'd say I hope you feel better soon, but I've had the flu before (the regular kind) and I know it will be a while.

I got the Egyptian Inn. Google, here I come!

edit: stupid HTML tags.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MamaPaulo0f5MamaPaulo0f5 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited November 2009
    ciaracaff wrote:
    I haven't got WA and probably won't be getting it until Christmas.
    Do you have to have WA to take part in this challenge.

Ciaracaff, I don't think so! I think you just have to build in the style of whatever assignment you end up with.
  • Options
    DaeneliaDaenelia Posts: 757 Member
    edited November 2009
    Wow, I was just looking for this week's challenge ... and it was a challenge to find it :) You took so much time making it! And tbh, I just did not feel like flicking through all the possibilities so I just skipped to an end page as quickly as I could... Only to discover I still had no clue what the assignment or challenge was :( Sorry I couldn't be more patient, because it's fun to see that someone makes that much of an effort.

So I'll just skip this week again. Hopefully next week I'll have an equal amount of free time to take part in the challenge again!

Good luck to all who participate!
    Dae's Sims 4 Houses -see what I've been building.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for that MamaPaulo Better get started so...
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Definitely not, ciaracaff. I want to leave our challenges open to all, EP or not (especially since I don't have it!) :oops: But really, I don't want the ability to purchase or run the new game to influence our members' ability to participate. I tried to create enough options this week so that everyone could find something that might work. I would focus on color schemes and the CAS tool, which I think makes most all of the assignments doable without the new EP. The streetmarket wouldn't play the same without WA, but I'm always one for pretending about community lots anyway. :D So glad you'll stick with us.

As for the flu...I'm on tamiflu, and I'm waiting for the miracle. lol. I'll keep you posted on that one!

Dae, if you are feeling a bit rushed, just look for the words highlighted in blue. They reveal the six options for building.

Addict
  • Options
    racncone123racncone123 Posts: 1,138 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Addict, I hope you get to feeling better really soon!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Can we make sims for the house?
  • Options
    BlueZimBlueZim Posts: 259
    edited November 2009
    Kit10 wrote:
    I wanted to bring this up because I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue. Building in France, I could not save but I could only save my build to the library. It kept giving me a message that "This option is not supported" whenever I tried to save the build or save the town with the new build. I ended up putting it in the library and then uploading it from there, so it's not in my game except for the library...so i'm not sure that it's usable? It sucks if it's not. Anyone else having the same problem?

The same thing was happening to me when I was building in China, I guess they just want you to go to 'home' to save, not be in some foreign place :XD:
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Oh no, swine flu! I really hope you feel better soon, at least this flu is supposedly shorter than the regular flu, still sucks though. Follow doctors orders and get plenty of rest/fluids etc. ***hugs***
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    BlueZim:

I guess they do only want us to save at "home". It really sucks because I know you're supposed to be able to have a "vacation home" and all and it's not so fun when you can't build onto your vacation home either. Oh well, guess next time i'll just stick to building in Sunset Valley like I normally do that way the judges are sure to get a lot size that is usable. Glad to know i'm not alone though LOL!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ciara, sure thing!

Hearts for all the well wishes. :-)
  • Options
    ehostetler0323ehostetler0323 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I love the idea of this challenge and I think the Choose Your Own Adventure story was done brilliantly. However, I have been so busy actually playing the game that I haven't even thought about building anything yet. :) I might skip this week but maybe I will get bored with exploring tombs and get to work building. My first go through with the story was the cafe so time will tell whether I get to it or not. Addict, I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited November 2009
    Check this out, guys!