Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share challenge announcement: CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE!!!! In honor of the WA release :)

addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
Here is this week's challenge one day early, in honor of the release of WA. I followed a new format this week, and I hope you all will enjoy it. Unfortunately, I was unable to take pics for this story, but you'll find this week's "story" there just the same. :D

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=128220

I tried to keep track of all the paths; please let me know if I missed any details...it was a little difficult to keep everything straight! :D I'll fix any errors before the "official" announcement tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    SunsetValley01SunsetValley01 Posts: 1,193 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Haha, that's great Addict! I got "The End" probably four or five times.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hooray! I'm glad you liked it. Hopefully you went back and had a successful "adventure." I had to end a lot of the paths, otherwise the book would have gotten WAAAAY out-of-hand on length!

Addict
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited November 2009
    Awesome challenge, addict! I LOVE IT!

I guess I am building a French Cafe! Hehe!
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited November 2009
    That was a lot of fun! It looks like I'll be building an Egyptian Inn. Fun, fun, fun. :D

To be clear... this would be the Egyptian Inn Adventure? lol And we are to build it as well as do a story? Is the story to include the parts in your story as well as the rest of the adventure? Also, since I ended up with a friend going along, I assume I am to make him?

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to make sure I do this right.
  • Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited November 2009
    We must have taken the same path, amchristian! (Mind you, I got electrocuted along the way before making it to the inn with gorgeous sim in tow :P)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I took a few wrong turns as well. LOL

I think I greeted Death at the door a few times. I know I was electrocuted. I also was way too reserved and was told to get back to it and be more adventurous (in love). LOL

Addict, you really did a fantastic job with that story. I always loved those kinds of books as a kid. I suppose I still like them as an adult. LOL
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited November 2009
    That was awesome, Addict! I have to go back and discover all the different paths, seems like I still love those stories! And yeah, I died a couple of times before I actually got a nice french cafe!

EDIT: Typos...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BTFotoBTFoto Posts: 436 New Member
    edited November 2009
    That was awesome Addict!!! I ended up with a zen retreat. I will surely be building that once I get my hands on WA. :D I can't wait to see what people turn out for the challenge, especially with WA!
  • Options
    KayllistiKayllisti Posts: 399 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I like this challenge! I think everybody read some choose your own adventure novels as kids. :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm so glad people are enjoying this. I really wanted to add pics, but I was limited on time and I've been sick, too. I went to bed last night at 9, got up at 9 this morning, fell asleep again, and just woke up at about 1:30. :( I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the official post tonight, so please just post here with any questions and I'll try to pop in at some point. It sounds like the new EP is awesome, and I'm expecting to see some gorgeous builds.

Addict

Amchristian, the story is optional...if you have WA, though, I would be sure to include some pics because your judge may or may not have the EP. That way, he/she can still give you feedback. :D
  • Options
    Kit10Kit10 Posts: 303 Member
    edited November 2009
    Addict you never cease to amaze me with how talented you are! I absolutely loved that story and how my preferences picked for me what i'd do this week. First, I got fried and died, then I got caught up in romance and missed my flight and finally I made it to a French Cafe. I'm so excited to do this, couple of questions though first.

1. Can I create this in France? or do I need to use one of the home towns?

2. What do you mean by create the second building if we finish early? As in go through the story again and pick another one using different choices? Hope I understood correctly.

I'm happy to be able to participate this week finally. ^_^
  • Options
    FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Ahahhhaah!! This is awesome! I never had this kind of books :cry: Love it!!!! Addict you may want to take a look at the page 33. I went to this path pages: 7, 13, 10, 9, 21 and 33 and end up with nothing and the page 33 is the same as 35. I need to try again and see if I can have a romantic vacation. :D
  • Options
    Robodl95Robodl95 Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited November 2009
    :( I died
    I suppose I should try again

Creative idea though!
  • Options
    BTFotoBTFoto Posts: 436 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Aw, feel better Addict! Drink some tea and pretend you're in Shang Sim-La. :P
  • Options
    SunsetValley01SunsetValley01 Posts: 1,193 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Aw, feel better Addict! It's going around I think.
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited November 2009
    addict1220 wrote:
    Here is this week's challenge one day early, in honor of the release of WA. I followed a new format this week, and I hope you all will enjoy it. Unfortunately, I was unable to take pics for this story, but you'll find this week's "story" there just the same. :D

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=128220

I tried to keep track of all the paths; please let me know if I missed any details...it was a little difficult to keep everything straight! :D I'll fix any errors before the "official" announcement tomorrow.

Awesome to see a World Adventures challenge! Hope you don't mind, we featured the story so it gets more views and hopefully new participants :D. We can't wait to see lots created with the new EP objects and tools!

We hope you feel better soon :).
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hooray!!! Wow, thanks Hydra. :D Nope, I definitely don't mind! Though I will certainly have to go back and photos if I can this weekend.

Freynas, I'm not sure what happened with 33, but I just fixed it. You might want to make a different selection on page 21....33 was another "ending."

To those who die, I'm sorry. lol. For multiple reasons. Please be sure to do what all readers of Choose your Owns end up doing...try again!

For the builds, you can build in any 'hood you would like, whether it's a new one or not. I don't think that will affect things? I don't have the new EP, so I'm not really sure.

Also, for the second build, you can go through and select another ending, or just flip through and look for blue writing. The blue is each of the assignments.

So excited!!! I should probably add a cover pic at least. :oops:
    Addict
  • Options
    TerentiaTerentia Posts: 353 New Member
    edited November 2009
    So after many deaths (man I seem to always have that luck when it came to the choose your adventure books) I went and did the old fashion way. Flip through and look for blue things :D.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    lol. Which did you end up with, Terentia? Or should I say choose....hee hee. I had pretty bad luck with them as well.

Addict

• Options
    edited November 2009
    I didn't think about this, but I resaved the story with a cover pic at least...that doesn't get rid of the feature, does it? It's not showing up as featured for me...

Addict
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I am loving that we can put in actual cash registers to sell the things our lots will need! That is so awesome! There are just so many wonderful tools in this expansion. I haven't even scratched the surface on how many ways I can use them all.
  • Options
    Kitkat7145Kitkat7145 Posts: 1,018 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Ah! Died the first time, but now I'll be building a Zen retreat. Cool - my first WA building project. Lucky for me that Fall Break starts Friday at 4:00 pm :D I'll finally have some building time!
  • Options
    Kitkat7145Kitkat7145 Posts: 1,018 New Member
    edited November 2009
    stupid double post!
  • Options
    lego30051lego30051 Posts: 49 New Member
    edited November 2009
    oh gosh darn it :(
    my game has not arrived yet because im cheap and i chose free shipping on amazon :o
    hopefully it will get here quickly!! From what im hearing, it appears to be very fun and interesting! cant wait x_x
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited November 2009
    I am liking this challenge