Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share challenge announcement: CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE!!!! In honor of the WA release :)

Comments

• Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited November 2009
    My entry for this week is just terrible, lol. It's like French Cafe/Pyramid/Zen Garden, baha! I really need to get back into the Build 'n' Share, I miss it, ha-ha.

So good luck to everyone this week!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Aragona09Aragona09 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi friends :)

Get well Addict and take care. Lot of green tea and naps. :)

My french café had to be hold on this time, I have been playing WA and my sims went to China instead. Sorry for that, hopefully I will be on next challenge.
    Need to get my temple redy too.
    But I will not forgett to rec everyone :)
    Ah maybe I will do it then when it went one week more :)

Aragona
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited November 2009
    Addict will have to confirm, but we both agreed that the deadline for this should be extended by another week due to everyone being busy playing and then there's Thanksgiving coming up this week, leaving not a lot of time for people to build. So hold on to your builds and keep on going, guys!
  • Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Anjubee wrote:
    Addict will have to confirm, but we both agreed that the deadline for this should be extended by another week due to everyone being busy playing and then there's Thanksgiving coming up this week, leaving not a lot of time for people to build. So hold on to your builds and keep on going, guys!

Sweet!
  • Options
    queeniehannahqueeniehannah Posts: 1,238 New Member
    edited November 2009
    yay! i can participate then :D
  • Options
    poulpophonepoulpophone Posts: 118 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi
    Just to tell that I put in my entry post a link for pictures.
    Since Addict talked about holidays, I was wondering what kind of holidays you could have at this time... And I didn't think at Thanksgiving (not very clever of me). Anyway enjoy your holidays and thanksgiving, hope Addict will feel better for Thanksgiving.
    As the deadline has been extended, maybe I will put some underground surprises in my lot. I'll let you know if I decide to.
  • Options
    TerentiaTerentia Posts: 353 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Official Entry

Name: Terentia

Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1589358

Additional link to pictures: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/131722.page#1601481

Experience level: Beg/int

Assignment Lot: Countryside Retreat

Lot Name: Country Bed and Breakfast

Lot address, size and final cost: 415 Skyborough Blvd. 40x40; Furnished: $366, 737

Details and Rational: After many deaths and finally going through the adventure the old fashion way, ;), I decided on a French Retreat. I do not have WA and felt that for what I have in game that this would be the most doable for my level of experience. I believe there are wine racks in the x-pac, so if you download this home, bed and breakfast, you can add that later.

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: I have custom patterns which can be found through my favorites and who they belong to. I may not have them all listed in the fav's but the people are there. These are the people I usually download patterns from. There is also so CC in here that I got from doing the Haunted Town build with Freynas and KitKat. I am not sure where they are all from but I remember the site being ModtheSims and TheSimsResource.

Optional Challenges entered?:N/A

Additional link to pictures (optional Challenges): N/A
  • Options
    FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited November 2009
  • Options
    BlueZimBlueZim Posts: 259
    edited November 2009
    An extra week would definitely help, my weird movie problems are still going on (tried to make it a 3rd time) would be much appreciated!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited November 2009
    Yay for more time. Like everyone else I've been busy playing (and crashing and losing all my progress /cry)... I was going to build today because I didn't feel like redoing all my game again but if I have more time I don't have to force it :)
  • Options
    PurpleAmharicBunaPurpleAmharicBuna Posts: 624 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Thanks, I will hopefully have some pictures up tonight.
    (I don't have the EP yet, Christmas is plundering my wallet)
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited November 2009
    Nice :-) I haven't started my French Cafe. I wanted to do it... but I am currently reinstalling all my Sims 3 and WA... getting errors here and I'm patiently fixing it.

Thanx for the 1 week extension :D
  • Options
    addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I was debating running a new challenge, but with all the "thanks" and comments of struggles, I think I'll stick with the plan of the extra week.

Which brings me to the question:
    Should we move to a 2-week format on a regular basis? We talked about doing this at least for the holiday season, but maybe it's best overall? Feel free to chime in here. I may eventually create a poll on Yahoo! or Builders' about this, too, but let's get the pulse here first. :-)
  • Options
    PurpleAmharicBunaPurpleAmharicBuna Posts: 624 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Picture slideshow for Meng-Kuan park here, led by my Sim Keiko Nagisaku. All my Chinese sims were busy. All grammar mistakes in the story are Keiko's own.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=131869

I realized that Mat 2 glitched and there is no photo. Don't fret, it is the same as Mat 1 but in the other end of the building.
  • Options
    actwrightbecactwrightbec Posts: 191 New Member
    edited November 2009
    addict1220 wrote:
    I was debating running a new challenge, but with all the "thanks" and comments of struggles, I think I'll stick with the plan of the extra week.

Should we move to a 2-week format on a regular basis? We talked about doing this at least for the holiday season, but maybe it's best overall? Feel free to chime in here. I may eventually create a poll on Yahoo! or Builders' about this, too, but let's get the pulse here first. :-)

Thanks for the extension! My game lasts all of 5 minutes before crashing... still waiting on EA to do something... since I bought the original The Sims game the day it came out I never had a glitch problem. Guess I can feel the pain of others now...

As far as the 2 weeks thing goes... Simfishwick and I had to do that with our Sims2 building challenges when it got to be too much, especially during school season. I'd be able to participate more since I'm crazy busy, but I remember a time I wasn't and I'd be dying for the next challenge. 8)

Bex

PS.. anyone else having game issues? I'd really like to play it but it keeps crashing.
  • Options
    lkadaslkadas Posts: 453 New Member
    edited November 2009
    addict1220 wrote:

I really look forward to the weekly challenges, but I understand if other people don't want a weekly challenge. I am getting busier and busier as the year goes on, so maybe a bi-monthly challenge would be a nice break :)
  • Options
    cuddlesomeQteecuddlesomeQtee Posts: 112 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Bex, the only game issues I have is that my laptop crashes when I try to create a sim so I do all my sim creations on my desktop as the graphics are better. I'm sorry you are having issues as I know how irritating and frustrating that can be. My Hubby gets uptight when the The Sims doesn't run as he knows it will affect his wallet. The only time I ever upgrade my PC is when a newer version of The Sims comes out and needs more graphics etc. LOL

Thanks Addict and Anjubee for extending this challenge, now I can add a story line to my entry (which will be fun)

I like the idea of a 2 week format. I only went to bed at 12:45 this morning and haven't been to bed before midnight in about 4 or so days as I am building and playing and still trying to fit in everyday life over and above going to work everyday so that would make life alot easier.

Thanks again guys for the extension. Phew!
  • Options
    lego30051lego30051 Posts: 49 New Member
    edited November 2009
    addict1220 wrote:
    \

Even though I sometimes don't have the time to do all the challenges, I do like it at a weekly basis... but there should be some that could be two weeks (like the Holloween town). but I do like extensions!
  • Options
    AlexKnrAlexKnr Posts: 315
    edited November 2009
    Hi,
    this is my first time on Build-n-Share
    Anyone can join join, right? :)
    If so I would love the extension for this week. My computer's acting up a bit as usual haha.
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited November 2009
    BEX! Lol I wasn't expecting to see you here! You've been dormant on the site from what I can tell. I am having issues with my PC too. WA, even after I uninstalled it, makes my computer laggy and slow and I can't actually play without it crashing in like 2 minutes.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi, Alex! You are most certainly welcome here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks to those who have already commented on the 2-week format. Hope more will share your thoughts. I'm torn. I like weekly because it's fun to see the new challenges and it's easier to remember than biweekly (I think), but we have had fewer participants lately and I'm wondering if it's partially the time issue. I was thinking 2 weeks might be easier on judges, too, who would have the contests to judge this way.

Addict
  • Options
    TerentiaTerentia Posts: 353 New Member
    edited November 2009
    addict1220 wrote:

I look forward to seeing a weekly challenge, but I am struggling to keep up with the one week deadline, even though somehow I manage. (This one was easy to make since I am on Thanksgiving break.) Having a two week deadline may be helpful so that people are not rushing to finish (and can deal with game issues and crashes), but you may have some that even with a 2-week window will not make it do to procrastination (That is the teacher in me there.) Just my thoughts, but I can say, I am fine either way ;)
  • Options
    poulpophonepoulpophone Posts: 118 New Member
    edited November 2009
    About the two-week format, it's difficult for me to say, because I have only participated to the last two challenges. But I know that actually i'm not too busy so I have enough time for a weekly challenge, but in winter when I will be busier it will be difficult. So maybe I would prefer a two week format in order to let more people be able to participate.

Bye
  • Options
    dolphinz2121dolphinz2121 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi! I joined back in BnS 12 and finally got around to joining again. In case you don't remember, I'm in mid-beginner.
    I got a "countryside retreat," and I already had a good house for it! It can be converted easily into a hotel!

Tell me if I'm doing this wrong, I forgot how to do the form.

Name-dolphinz2121
    Build-Traditional Country Cottage
    Link-
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1212093
    Extras-
    A tour
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=100796

Thanks!
  • Options
    ciaracaffciaracaff Posts: 815 Member
    edited November 2009
    The weekly challenges can be a bit rushed at times but waiting two weeks can be too long as well. I will be busy with exams over the next few weeks so i will probably miss a few challenges! After that though I won't have any problem with the weekly challenges.

I will have this weeks house uploads tomorrow hopefully. Its all finished but I just need to get pictures and things.