Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bowling Night Reviews

Comments

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member

Okay this Video has made Me feel a little better bout the Bowling pack, thanks for the Review, much appreciated.

Luke is one of my favorite sim reviewers. I like seeing what's available and he lays out everything pretty mcuh, especially when it comes to the stuffpacks as I judge of what's in it is worth the money for me.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Not surprised by anything LGR said. But hey, ball jokes are always classy, right? :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Does anyone have any questions left ? Happy to answer if you do

(make sure to tag me if you do)

@crinrict
    Is there any other colored lighting for moonlight lighting other then blue?

There's a few color choices for the alley itself but when you change to moonlight lighting it seems to be the same for all of them.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Awesome, thanks for posting. I enjoyed LGR's review as usual and found a few more I didn't know about. :)

@TheSimer I personally enjoy his jokes and the fact that he gets straight to the point with his reviews. I also don't mind that he "complains" because at the end of the day the decision is my own whether he praises the pack or not. (which I will be getting) Some like it, some don't. Simgirl1010 posted several more reviews so go ahead and take your pick. :p
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,697 Member
    Don't mince words, LGR, tell us what you REALLY think. The others are just too long for me to invest in at this moment. Thank you for posting nonetheless.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,966 Member
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Does anyone have any questions left ? Happy to answer if you do

(make sure to tag me if you do)

@crinrict is there any mood that boost the bowling skill?
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    RubeeSims wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVIgSRVj_g

Please feel free to add any others you come across.

Another ten minutes of him complaining about a game he's made clear time and time a game he does not like. Woopee.

A game that's breaking his heart. :'( Meanwhile, I'll watch it later. I'm scared for Ralph.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    LGR confirmed for me that this stuff pack is a miss.
    I guessed that after a short time it would get boring.
    I'll pass & hope Seasons or Pets is coming soon, or at least a toddler/kids pack with more things for them to do.
  • Options
    RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    I would rather listen to him complain than having to go through a typical fan girl "Omg, this is cute! Oh and I love this. This is very very very sweet and nice looking *sqeeekes and pretty much praising everything POSITIVE without any cons*". And I do agree with LGR points. An bowling alley worth 10 bucks? IK, better than TS3Store, but stilll... It's kinda meaningless animation and nothing much else!

Don't buy it then? The Sims has been stuff and expansion heavy since the first game so you clearly had some idea what The Sims 4 releases would be like. And you're right, it's a hell of a lot better than TS3Store.
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    edited March 2017
    I would rather listen to him complain than having to go through a typical fan girl "Omg, this is cute! Oh and I love this. This is very very very sweet and nice looking *sqeeekes and pretty much praising everything POSITIVE without any cons*". And I do agree with LGR points. An bowling alley worth 10 bucks? IK, better than TS3Store, but stilll... It's kinda meaningless animation and nothing much else!
    Yeah, I was hoping for more gameplay and something more detailed. It seems like the only added gameplay is the animation of bowling. There's no depth to it other than a few moodlets and the skill. Would've liked to see arcade machines too. It just doesn't look like enough to spend $10 on, which stinks because I've been looking for a pack to buy.

Anyway, I quoted your post because I agree that some of the other YouTubers tend to get a little too positive and detailed. While I know it's for a certain audience who likes to see details, I prefer a short overview myself.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Spot on. As usual.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVIgSRVj_g

Please feel free to add any others you come across.

Another ten minutes of him complaining about a game he's made clear time and time a game he does not like. Woopee.

A game that's breaking his heart. :'( Meanwhile, I'll watch it later. I'm scared for Ralph.

A YouTuber who's got a bunch of "fans" who thrive off negativity and gets a bootload of ad revenue for the same video again and again.
    Tumblr
  • Options
    MissCherie wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I don't see the fun in LGR's review. All he did was complain, complain, complain and make ball jokes.

Dude do you know what criticism is? He says that he would have expected bowling to be flesh out since it have his own pack, and name a few points that for him make him incomplete like no scoreboard, no second turn for the sims playing, that's not complaining, that's call criticism, he says how it could have be better in his opinion, people here really need to learn the difference between criticism and just complaining.

Saying the same thing about a game over and over and over again in every video is complaining. We get it. He doesn't like it. And no, The Sims 4 isn't perfect, but he says the same thing in every single video and you know he goes in expecting to be disappointed so that's what he gets.
    Tumblr
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    It's a stuff pack, not a game pack. Not sure why LGR expected so much more. As far as I can see it offers as much or more than other stuff packs.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited March 2017

Don't buy it then? The Sims has been stuff and expansion heavy since the first game so you clearly had some idea what The Sims 4 releases would be like. And you're right, it's a plum of a lot better than TS3Store.

I won't buy it, but you buy it If you want that stuff pack. What are you trying to point out with the "Don't buy it" response? I'm giving my feedback! Don't like hearing, then don't response to it If you don't want t give anything insightful lol lmao. Couldn't you give a better remark than that? Don't buy it doesn't hinder or solve my issue that I find with that product. Not buying it is a workaround and those who strong (negatively) feel about this won't get any (useful in our opinions) improvements from the game that would enhance the game greatly, back on their track If we let EA slip on track.

Did ETAS^
    NNpYlHF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top