Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited March 2017
    @mastressalita, I've got some bad news regarding my Infantgeddon challenge: I cannot continue it due to save file corruption. I'm not sure how'd you label stories in that situation (probably discontinued?) but feel free to move it the Archives.

Amendment Form

Username: @Nyosim
    Website/Blog/Channel name (as listed in the index): Infantgeddon! (Yet Another 100 Baby Challenge)
    Reason for amendment: Challenge was cut short due to save corruption. Added to additional information section.
    Correct your entry by completing the original form below:

Username:@Nyosim
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Infantgeddon! (Yet Another 100 Baby Challenge)
    Current site URL: somanysimbabies.blogspot.com
    Sims games featured: The Sims 3
    Update schedule: Discontinued
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/761840/infantgeddon-yet-another-100-baby-challenge-rip-3-24-17/p1
    Disclaimer: It was so much fun documenting a 100 Baby Challenge! Sadly, it took a crashed computer and a corrupted save file to kill this challenge -- but that doesn't mean it should be taken offline! Enjoy reading! Minor swearing, but very rarely anything above PG-13. Play it safe if at school/work.
    Additional information: Ends abruptly in Generation 2: Sunlit Tides.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    900woh.png
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Thank you for the update @Nyosim , I appreciate it. I also appreciate an author that doesn't just nuke their hard work when that happens and leaves it online so it can still be enjoyed, it's so frustrating when I discover "This site has has been deleted by the author" out of nowhere when I do link verification scans, sometimes on legacies that were several generations in! Breaks my archival librarian heart when people do that. I've moved your entry into the Stories and Legacies Archive sister thread for proper preservation. ^_^
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Daily Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed

Returning Stories:

@Nancy01905 's Journey Watts Black Widow Challenge Let's Play series for Sims 4 has returned from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing under "@Nancy01905's YouTube Channel"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Line of the Last, an Amazon Challenge/Rebuilding Oasis Spring Challenge-hybrid for Sims 4 by @WagonFruit that updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out Maxwell's Bachelor Challenge, a Bachelor Challenge spin-off of the Sims 3 legacy story Light the Way to Heaven by @BLAMSART that updated yesterday! You can find it in the index listing!

Milestones:

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the One Lovely Blog Award!

The following Stories and Legacies Index-registered authors have received nominations for this award:

You can find all these works listed in the index, so please go give them a look!
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    edited March 2017
    Username: Wralai
    Website/Blog/Channel name: I didn't see a submission form for individual stories, but here's a link to my story. The Galvez Legacy
    Current site URL: The link above, I guess?
    Sims games featured Sims 4
    Update schedule: I try to update on Fridays, Saturdays, and sometimes Sundays.
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: I don't have one, but I'll make one soon, then link it.
    Disclaimer: There will be some themes related to depression, but it's definitely a PG story at the most.
    Additional information: None
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Of course!
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Sure!

EDIT: Fixed the link
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
  • Options
    Thank you @Wralai , your story has been added to the index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @Wralai , who is writing The Galvez Legacy for Sims 4! Make sure to check it out from the index listing!

New Stories:

@Darra84 has started a new Let's Play series, Seven Toddlers, a Seven Toddler Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Daalia YouTube Channel"!

@Thymeless has started a new story, Drifting With Nifflers, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Thymeless Challenges"!

Returning Stories:

@xoxJennxox 's Paint the Town, a 100 Baby Challenge/Rainbowacy for Sims 3, has returned from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The Dust Legacy for Sims 3 by @Waterdragon that updated yesterday! You can find it in the index listing under "Waterdragonsblog: A Kind of Sims 3 Legacy"!

Check out As Far As the World Goes for Sims 3 by @Noctie that updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Polls:

@sassytxbrat is holding an heir poll for Generation Six of Babbling Brooks for Sims 4! If you would like to participate, please check it out here!

Milestones:

Congrats @ginnymalfoy22 for reaching Generation 2 of the Dyer LEPacy Challenge for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing under "Anneliese MB's YouTube Channel"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Username: Jase
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Jase's Sims
    Current site URL: https://jasesims.tumblr.com/
    Sims games featured: The Sims 4
    Update schedule: Weekly
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/914537/the-rhodes-legacy/p1
    Disclaimer: Story focuses on a same-sex relationship
    Additional information: The Rhodes Legacy
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.
  • Options
    Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    edited March 2017
    New Entry Form: (to be posted on this thread!)
    * denotes a mandatory field

Username: Shizu9no1
    Website/Blog/Channel name: oshizu's asylum
    Current site URL: https://oshizublog.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: Usually every other day.
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum:
    Disclaimer: none
    Additional information: Makin' It in Murkland (ongoing), Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest (ongoing) plus 2-3 stories that are complete but not entirely updated on the blog site (The Mori Legacy and The Sanada Apocalypse Challenge).
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

Thank you for considering my simlit blog.
  • Options
    Thank you @Jase and @Shizu9no1 , your stories have been added to the index!

@Jase , I host Sims Pride in June (you can check out last year's event here) and I hope you'll submit an image of your Sims to this year's event in a few months!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors:
    • @Jase , who is writing The Rhodes Legacy, a legacy story focusing on a same-sex relationship for Sims 4!
    • @Shizu9no1, who is writing Makin' it in Murkland, a Post-Apocalyptic Murkland Challenge for Sims 4 and Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest, a Rival Dynasties Challenge for Sims 4 at "Oshizu's Asylum"! There is also a completed 7 Toddlers Challenge and Wonder Child Challenge story available and a few other completed stories in the process of being transferred to the site!

Please be sure to check them out in the index listing!

New Stories:

@xoxJennxox has started a new story, Trailer Park Challenge for Sims 2! You can check it out from the index listing under "Sims 2, 3, and 4 Challenges"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Clifford and Jordan 5x5 Challenge for Sims 3 by @Mikezumi that updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out The Landon Legacy for Sims 4 by @Arrowleaf that updated yesterday! You can find it in the index listing!

Features:

@RosemaryMariee has an interview with Em, the author of The Windsor Legacy for Sims 3! You can check it out here!

Milestones:

Congrats @AkramA for completing Generation One of The Castellon Legacy for Sims 4! Check it out from the index listing!

Congrats @xJojox for reaching one hundred chapters of Fine Lines, a story for Sims 4! Be sure to check it out from the index listing!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    mallmarrmallmarr Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2017
    Username: mallmarr
    Tumblr username: mallmarrdlc
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Disney Legacy Challenge
    Current site URL: mallmarrdlc.tumblr.com
    Update schedule: daily, unless stated otherwise in "update" post (currently on short hiatus but I'll start posting again soon)
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: -
    Disclaimer: -
    Additional information: -
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: YES
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: YES
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    gajb8dpzj3c5.png
  • Options
    Thanks @mallmarr , your story has been added to the index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @mallmarr , who is writing Disney Legacy Challenge, a Disney Princess Legacy Challenge for Sims 4 that is currently in Generation Three! Check it out in the index listing!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations @Mmdrgntobldrgn for completing Mama Dragon's S3 Apocalypse Challenge for Sims 3! Be sure to check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Immortal Dynasty Challenge for Sims 4 by @POLLYANNA2 that updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Pollyanna Sims"!

Want Ads / Polls:

@xoxJennxox is holding an heir poll for the Trailer Park Challenge for Sims 2! If you would like to participate, check it out here!

Milestones:

Congrats @Haids5987 for completing Generation One of Tribe Reina: An Amazon Legacy for Sims 4! Check it out from the index listing under "Emerald City Taurus: The Amazon Challenge"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Good afternoon! I have a new entry and an amendment to an existing listing in the index.

New Entry
    Username: cecerose0208
    Website/Blog/Channel name: CeCe Writes
    Current site URL:CeCe Writes
    Update schedule: Multiple stories each updated monthly
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: CeCe Writes Forum Thread
    Disclaimer: None
    Additional information: As of now, these stories will include the adventures of my Simself, the saga of an immortal vampire that only seems to fall in love with mortal Sims, my attempt at the Restaurant Challenge, and random short stories.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes!

Amendment Form
    Username:cecerose0208
    Website/Blog/Channel name (as listed in the index): Dreams & Drama Neighborhood Rotation
    Reason for amendment: update schedule changed from irregular to weekly.
    Current site URL:*Dreams & Drama Neighborhood Rotation
    Update schedule: I will have a post up every Monday. If the story gets too long for one post, I'll split it into multiple posts that publish throughout that week.
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

• Options
    Cade83Cade83 Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm honestly so terrible at being active on the forums, but I've been working on some stories for a while now, so I guess I'll just leave them here, hahaha

New Entry
    Username: Cade83
    Website/Blog/Channel name: A Collection of Sims Tales
    Current site URL: http : / / thesimsofstories * weebly * com
    Update schedule: Irregular
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: The website also doubles as a blog where I'll occasionally post updates.
    Disclaimer: Occasional profanity, nothing awful
    Additional information: This site contains multiple stories, as of now, two are being worked on but I have plans for future stories. Right now, one is a legacy challenge and the other has no set guidelines.
  • Options
    Thank you @cecerose0208 and @Cade83 , your sites have been added to the index!

@Cade83 , Weebly doesn't have an automatic notification system for story updates, which is what I use to keep track of the updates of all the stories that register with the Stories and Legacies Index (I use this data to give authors random shoutouts on days they update, notify when they complete generations or reach other milestones, etc.; you can get an idea by looking at my Daily Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeeds on this thread). Do you have a news thread for your stories on this forum where you post when you make an update that I can subscribe to so this forum will notify me and then I can stay in the loop that way? I find most Weebly authors do this as a work-around to not having a Reader like Wordpress and Blogger have built-in.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @Cade83 , who is writing The Mai Legacy and Dreams of Fame for Sims 4! You can check them out from the index listing under "The Sims of Stories: A Collection of Sim Tales"!

New Stories:

@cecerose0208 has started a new story site for Sims 4, "CeCe Writes"! You can check it out from the index listing!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations @GaiaHypothesis for completing Rowan's Bachelor Bash for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing under "Look What We Started"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Madness in San Myshuno for Sims 4 by @Simslover163 that updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Milestones:

Congrats @GeekMonkey34B21 for reaching Generation Three of The Peters Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Geek Monkey Games"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Cade83Cade83 Posts: 13 New Member
    @mastressalita Thank you so much for listing me! Would a tumblr work for you for notifications? I put one together at https: / / thesimsofstories * tumblr * com. If not, I'll try one of the other things you recommended. Thanks again!
  • Options
    @Cade83 : Yes, Tumbler works, many stories in the index are on Tumblr so I follow them through Tumblr Dashboard. As long as updates are posted as posts and not new "pages" on the Tumblr they will automatically go through my Dashboard every day. I am subscribed, thank you!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017

New Stories:

@Nancy01905 has started a new Let's Play series, Nancy Watts Solo Challenge! You can check it out from the index listing under "@Nancy01905's YouTube Channel"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Second Chances: The Ryder Legacy for Sims 4 by @orangeplumbob that updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Milestones:

Congrats @MadameLee for completing Generation Five of The Swanson Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing!

Congrats @sassytxbrat for completing Generation Five of Babbling Brooks for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Love My Sims"!
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member

New Stories:

@Nancy01905 has started a new Let's Play series, Nancy Watts Solo Challenge! You can check it out from the index listing under "@Nancy01905's YouTube Channel"!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations @M13Vulpecula for completing Season 2 of Jetset, an interactive reality show for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Second Chances: The Ryder Legacy for Sims 4 by @orangeplumbob that updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Milestones:

Congrats @MadameLee for completing Generation Five of The Swanson Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing!

Congrats @sassytxbrat for completing Generation Five of Babbling Brooks for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Love My Sims"!

Oh oh, it's not completed yet! D: It's just a part 1 out of 2. Sorry for not making that clearer... :/
    Banner.png
  • Options
    @M13Vulpecula : It was labeled as "finale" in my Reader, which gave me the distinct impression it was the final part. All I have to go off of as I parse through (quite literally) hundreds of updates every day is what people name their chapters as that information comes through my subscription feeds; to be honest, if an author doesn't even label their penultimate chapter as being the final chapter at all, I may not even know their story has completed, and not give them the proper accolades they deserve simply because I don't know any better. I can only go off of the little information I get from the titles that scroll through my subscription feed readers every night, because I don't have the time to click on and thoroughly examine each and every update for all 337 currently active registered Stories and Legacies authors.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Sorry again, it's okay and you're doing very hard work. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options

New Stories:

@swcheppes has started a new story, Super Dating for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "Sim-ply Awesome Stories"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Dr. Marlow's Home for the Sanity-Challenged, an Asylum Challenge for Sims 4 by @bookloverblue that updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Blue's Sims Stories"!

Milestones:

Congrats @felblossom for completing Generation Nine of The Ivey Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "felblossom"!

Congrats @purplestarz2006 for completing Round Fourteen of Tranquility Creek, a Prosperity Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Thanks for the shout out!!!
    suRdkSd.jpg