March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Rhodes Legacy

JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
Hi fellow simmers...

I tend to share my legacies on my Tumblr Page; however, I decided to share my newest story here as well. I hope you enjoy it! :)
Post edited by Jase on

Comments

• JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited November 2019
    eBbN4Zc.jpg
    7tdY5B5.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Hi! My name is Cliff and I’m the founder of the Rhodes Legacy. It appears that Avarice Acres in Newcrest is my new “Home Sweet Home” or lack of to be exact. Looks like it’s time to build a house.

Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    TlP5HuR.jpg
    RcJJKmi.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Well, that’s a lot better!! Small, but livable.

Now…
    Time to get a job! Looks like I just got hired as a Medical Intern. Woohoo!!

Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    seuBwKs.jpg
    A1Teavn.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Since, I don’t have to start work until Monday… I think it’s time to explore and see what Newcrest has to offer.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    U7X8HUg.jpg
    RT9j5Rn.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Oh wow!! The local gym must be a popular local hangout because this place is crazy busy.

Guess, I’ll just keep to myself and work on my legs. I’m going to need to be in top notch shape working at the hospital.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    7tI4kIg.jpg
    MgXZMnY.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Not only does this gym have state-of-the-art workout equipment, it has some great views. Check out the cutie in the red short shorts over there!

“Uh… Hi! My name is Cliff and I’m new to town!”

“Hey! I’m Jaylen. Yep, I recognize you. We actually in the same neighborhood and I watched your house get built. Although I have plans with my sister tonight, we really should hangout together sometime. That is, if you want to?”

“Sure, that would be awesome!” *Smiles*
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    oFBlcFp.jpg
    10pSaP4.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

I can’t believe how cute and sweet Jaylen is. Too bad, he had plans tonight. It would’ve been nice to have a dinner guest. But this restaurant looks like it’ll have some great food.

“How many tonight, sir?”
    “Uh… just one.”
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    qLTRT31.jpg
    GIp67vE.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

“Hmmm… what should I order? It all sounds so yummy. Maybe tacos?”

“Yes!! This fish taco is freaking awesome! Waiter, may I please have another order of tacos to go?"
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    OcqC273.jpg
    m7u6jom.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

I decided to take the scenic way home after dinner and took a late night stroll through Newcrest Park. When I saw the fountain, I decided to toss in a coin for good luck and make a wish…

“Please let my sim life in Newcrest be a great one!”
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    QTeSGP4.jpg
    gUGrLSw.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Today marked my first day as an Orderly at Willow Creek Hospital. I was super excited about helping the doctors and nurses save sim lives!

Too bad that I spent most of my day making beds and preforming document research for the doctor on duty… however, I did get to swab a patient once!
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    qpltBMR.jpg
    P7nJ1MG.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

I must’ve been pretty good at taking a swab sample yesterday, because that’s all Dr. Shimizu had me do on my second day of work. It was a bit exhausting, but very rewarding!

*Text Alert*

“Hey… Are you free? If so, meet me at Movers & Shakers gym in Willow Creek… Jaylen~”

My heart skipped a beat as I read the text. Luckily, I didn’t have to go home to change since I already had my gym bag in the trunk of my car.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    zmWdrgo.jpg
    3S9BvAN.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

While at the gym, I helped Jaylen with his workout. He wanted to develop his upper body a bit more. Especially, his biceps.

Afterwards, I didn’t want our “date” to end just yet and asked if would like to go out to dinner with me. When he said yes again, my heart skipped another beat.

If this keeps up much more, I might just have myself a sim heart attack!
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    5B2SmZy.jpg
    78vF2s5.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

During dinner, I had a very hard time focusing on anything that was said because all I could do was marvel in the beautiful shade of blue that Jaylen’s eyes were twinkling in the restaurant’s lighting.

After a great meal, Jaylen walked me home and I decided to end the night with a couple’s selfie. I figured it was too soon to try to seal the deal with a kiss... So, I just held myself back off a bit longer.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    crFJ4xJ.jpg
    JpDXW5t.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

The next morning, I decided to plant a small vegetable and herb garden before work. I really hope that it turns out ok!
    Post edited by Jase on
  • soccer_emmysoccer_emmy Posts: 114 Member
    I like your story!
    @soccer_emmy
    Thank you!! I'm glad to hear that and will be posting a few more updates today. :)
    edited November 2019
    ZFGRn2S.jpg
    zGqUy2a.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Work has continued going well and my performance has been improving daily as well.

It was getting much easier putting worried patients at ease and quickly disinfecting rooms afterwards for the next patient.

Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    Sfu3IxB.jpg
    KSqYKyt.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Additionally, Dr. Shimizu says that no one can analyze patient samples as quickly or efficiently as I can!

Great news!! Right before going home for the day, the Doctor called me into his office to give me a promotion. You’re looking at Willow Creek Hospital's’ new Orderly!
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    8PTDFng.jpg
    45gOe8Q.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

To celebrate my new promotion, I invited Jaylen over for a relaxed barbeque. However, I need to learn out to use the grill quickly!

Whew!! That was close and dinner went great. Jaylen loved the hamburgers and we had great time discussing our different interests and really got to know each other better… something tells me that “he’s the one” for me.
    Post edited by Jase on
  • kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Jase - I love the story, Cliff is a very handsome guy, love his little freckles! I hope him and Jaylen get together, they both look cute as a couple. Good news on his promotion, always love the Doctor career so much fun :) Awesome'd!
    May we all chill like wizards
    @kitoraem
    Thanks so much!! I'm super excited that my story has been well received. :)
  • thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    I love this! I just caught up and I'll continue to keep an eye out for more posts. Cliff and Jaylen make such a cute couple!
    @thejennifer
    Thanks, I'm so happy to hear that! It took me a long time to get Newcrest built and populated just right for this story. I'm hoping to have another few updates posted tomorrow too! :)
    edited November 2019
    st0IJHG.jpg
    Rc62y4g.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

After work, Jaylen called me asking if I wanted to hangout at a local lounge club, Halvsies.

“Ummm… definitely!”

When I saw him standing outside waiting for me, he looks so cute. I just couldn’t hold back and had to hug him.

Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    go7TwRS.jpg
    IFxy7Jn.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

We decided to hangout in the upstairs portion of the club. It’s more of a casual bar and buffet place without all the live entertainment like downstairs has. So, it was a much easier environment for us to talk and get to know each other better.

Although, the bartender at Halvsies sure doesn’t skimp on the nectar drinks. They certainly were a bit strong!

Post edited by Jase on
  • CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    This is great! I like how short the chapters are actually. It's simple and easily-digestible. I don't have a ton of time to read sims stories cause of my job, so I'm hoping this one will be easier for me to find time to read.

I'm looking forward to reading a legacy from the perspective of a gay character. As a straight woman, I always worry when writing gay characters that I will write them in a way that people will mistake as stereotypical or offensive. I have several friends who are LGTBQ+, but I find it hard to write stories with too many LGBTQ+ characters because I don't feel I can accurately represent them. Maybe reading this will help me learn how to represent them better in my stories! Keep up the good work!
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg