Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rant against Vampires

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited March 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    In fact this is also important for people who do basically want that new feature. EA is great in overdoing features, making basically good ideas a nuisance. And they can do it right, even without a toggle. Genies in Sims 3 prove it. It takes some effort to get them in your game and even when you do they will never become a plague. No toggle needed.

I don't think vampires in TS4 are overdone or a nuisance. I think the way they are implemented is perfect.
  • Options
    mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    I've never really "played" a vampire before in the sims. I've been playing since 2002 or 2003. Except to get their powers, I saw no point. And notorious cheater that I am, I always knew I could go back and forth whenever I wanted. Like, literally. I didn't bite or feed off other sims and I rarely even used the more nefarious abilities previous iterations of vampires possessed. o:)

This time, though. This time? Oh, my gosh. Great Cats! Vampires are over the top! Their abilities actually have a purpose (gaining more abilities!) and the interactions end up being ... maybe not beneficial... but at the least not as destructive as they were in past versions. Everyone I've fed from is still my friend, everyone I've turned (except the one that must have died from it) is still willing to hang out and party with me. B)

The one that I think I accidentally caused to die actually showed up at my house as a furious ghost. She started an argument, kicked over my trash can and eventually became part of the household. It was just too good a joke to waste. ;)

I primarily play her as vindictive and really, really mad. Which is no stretch. She's a handful. But I also like to purposefully use her to possess things or break things that I knew my vampire wants or constantly uses. >:)

Just because I feel like that's what my vampire gets for turning half the town in her power mad state. :D
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I honestly don't know why people complain about vampires being a plague; no vampire has ever visited my lot.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    op vampires will only visit your lot if you have 1 living with you right now i do not have any vampires living in my household so there are none showing up if you do not have vampires living with your sims or made 1 in create a sim you will not see them spawn in your game.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 2017
    Of course - if Maxis are working on a Pets expansion they could expand the "no dogs on lot sign" used in an earlier iteration to a "no vampires on lot" sign. One could put them all the lots to be visited if wanted. (or would this be regarded as speciesism)?

I would have loved a "Van Hellsing" Sim with the power to hunt and kill them off! >:)
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I bought the pack and explored vampires for a while. It's not really for me though -- for the most part. I do have one sim that's a vampire that I play though. He was born a vampire. My only small rant is that he was at birthday party for his little sister (I wasn't controlling him since he lived in another household) and he died in the front yard. I was horrified. Luckily his Mom plead for him with Grim and he was brought back to life. I immediately moved him into my active household to keep eyes on him at all time.

Anywho he's pretty much the only vampire I see around now. I haven't had a vampire visit my lot since he was a child.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    I bought the pack and explored vampires for a while. It's not really for me though -- for the most part. I do have one sim that's a vampire that I play though. He was born a vampire. My only small rant is that he was at birthday party for his little sister (I wasn't controlling him since he lived in another household) and he died in the front yard. I was horrified. Luckily his Mom plead for him with Grim and he was brought back to life. I immediately moved him into my active household to keep eyes on him at all time.

Anywho he's pretty much the only vampire I see around now. I haven't had a vampire visit my lot since he was a child.

Taking care of your guests was your responsibility. Don't go toning down death by sunlight in this game, either. You have a responsibility to yourself and if you like your vampire, to give him the ability to stay outdoors in the sunlight. That's why it is there, in case you don't want him to keel over somewhere out of your control. Also, you could have easily invited him into the building for a chat to get him out of the sun when he first arrived, or under a canopy as long as his head is covered by a roof. Etc. Etc. Why do players in 2017 not take responsibility for their Sims? lol In TS2 there were many times vampires were out and it getting late and sun rising it was up to player to try to rush those Sims home or shew them so they would go home if you don't want to see one burn. A toggle and watered down gameplay has never been necessary. It's about using that gray matter. ;) ETA: Why did you have a party and invite him knowing the sun was shining, anyway? See, it was all player triggered because you knew he couldn't survive the sun.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I dont get some people. Buying some expansions for new decos, places to build and visit and styles is acceptable. But one expansion suddenly is different?
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Mayhaps, if some people think vampires really do exist or are uncertain if they do, they feel they will be inviting unknown evil into themselves by playing a game containing them. Same thing with aliens and maybe even ghosts. Games do tend to ignore the boundaries of what is normally considered plausible. I reckon it might scare some people. It's okay in my book and fortunately game and stuff packs are optional :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited March 2017
    Now that I have the pack, I have a feeling the first time any vamp breaks into my Sim's home, I'm gonna end up a 'deviant' player by going out of my way to make sure they all burn in the brightest sunlight, on a lot with the sunlight-named trait too just for extra measure. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited March 2017
    Now that I have the pack, I have a feeling the first time any vamp breaks into my Sim's home, I'm gonna end up a 'deviant' player by going out of my way to make sure they all burn in the brightest sunlight, on a lot with the sunlight-named trait too just for extra measure. :p

I tried that with Vlad. He ended up in my science career as a co-worker. I put everyone to sleep and then destroyed the building so everyone was out in the sun. No luck at all. I just had the hassle of trying to replace the building.

I really don't understand how it works. I started a new game and played Vlad. I left him in the sun in front of his house and he burnt up fairly fast.
  • Options
    ShanEnriShanEnri Posts: 61 Member
    I see aliens and vampires. After being attacked in my house I learned to lock the door. Otherwise they have never bothered my sim. But to each his own!
  • Options
    sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    If you don't want the vampire pack but want the Victorian type items go download some maxis match gothic cc. If you're not against custom content of course.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I like the idea of the vampires, witches etc being sold in individual game packs that way if it is something that interests a person then buy it if not then don't. At first, I did not think that way but as Sims 4 advances, I begin to feel more so towards individual packs.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I really have to ask this question. Why bother ranting? Seems a complete waste of time and energy to me. Vampires are popular in the Sims and they are expected. They have been in every Sims game since the first and people practically campaign to get them in from the base pack on. What exactly did you seek to accomplish by ranting? There must have been an objective to it. If it was to express your displeasure, then duly noted. Nobody really cares though. If they make a Sims 5 there will Vampires in it too. Just forewarning you.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    @redrogue60 the rant was more of a way to find out if others felt the same way, or what they did about it....I would like some content but I don't do vampires, etc. I used to have nightmares about them when I was little and can't even be in the same room when my husband watches Walking Dead...that said I'll just pass on this one. Thanks for the input.