Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rant against Vampires

Comments

• Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    @Cinebar i would like an option to put a limit on the vampire townie generation. I don't mind vampire breaking into my sims house to drink, it's just that my game create way too much of them, so if it's possible, a way to define a limit for each species would be great.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    The spawning is definitely crazy it seems. I'm trying to use MC Command to get some control over it. My sims have at least one vampire visitor per night, sometimes two. I keep deleting them but more spawn.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    @Cinebar i would like an option to put a limit on the vampire townie generation. I don't mind vampire breaking into my sims house to drink, it's just that my game create way too much of them, so if it's possible, a way to define a limit for each species would be great.

JUst NO - they tried that for the aliens and now I can't get a single Legacy Sim abducted. They need to leave the packs as they come and if you don't want something - don't get the pack.

It is like buying a a car fully loaded then you get it home and some car dealer comes by and changes the seat covers the amount of time the radio can play - the amount of time you can start it in a day - etc - etc and it is no longer the car you paid for. I paid for the Vamps and I expect them to be in the game. If you want the devs to do something then have them make it easier for you to remove the pack from your game but not to nerf the packs. That is wrong. I want my aliens back to what they were when the game came out not nerfed like they are by the change in the programming. Had it not been for the aliens I would not have bought GTW and now the reason I bought that pack no longer exists but I am stuck with nerfed aliens and a pack that no longer interests me because people wanted the aliens visits turned down.

My sims is a level 8 scientist has a telescope and rocket in his yard is 10th level on the stupid telescope - has the rocket built and still not abducted even once. How is that fair to me who bought the pack for the aliens? I paid 40 bucks for it too as I got it when it came out - not on sale and before they nerfed it. To me their turning them down broke my pack. They need to not turn down Vamps seeing the Vamps is just a Vamps pack - it is not meant for other uses unlike GTW - so to me it is nuts to ask for toggles for a pack solely about the vamps.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd want them, I'd just want the ability to have separate saves with and without them. I have no interest in limiting anyone else's gameplay at all nor would I want them to be "weaker" for anyone else. I am saving a few copies of households in case I do decide to deal with this in my main save for the sake of spinning off a vampire story. Since I now have specific sims that I'd use in that game, my interest in this GP has gone up but the lack of a toggle for different saves is a factor putting me off.

Hearing that they are spawning massively into the game for someone makes me nervous because other people complain that they never see aliens anymore. Every born-in-game male sim I have has had an attempt at abduction including recently (now I just reset the sim to stop that). Anyway, I've gotten more comfortable with heavily editing/managing my population so maybe I will go for it at some point.

I'm only replying to point out that wanting to have the ability to manage them is not the same as wanting to ruin them for someone else. I realize that if I get this pack, I may have to do a lot of deleting in my main save. I'd like to have them in specific games. I also understand what is being said about the reasons why it hasn't played out to have a toggle.

If there were a toggle and I had it on for vampires, I would want vampires. Lol.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    I'd want them, I'd just want the ability to have separate saves with and without them. I have no interest in limiting anyone else's gameplay at all nor would I want them to be "weaker" for anyone else. I am saving a few copies of households in case I do decide to deal with this in my main save for the sake of spinning off a vampire story. Since I now have specific sims that I'd use in that game, my interest in this GP has gone up but the lack of a toggle for different saves is a factor putting me off.

Hearing that they are spawning massively into the game for someone makes me nervous because other people complain that they never see aliens anymore. Every born-in-game male sim I have has had an attempt at abduction including recently (now I just reset the sim to stop that). Anyway, I've gotten more comfortable with heavily editing/managing my population so maybe I will go for it at some point.

I'm only replying to point out that wanting to have the ability to manage them is not the same as wanting to ruin them for someone else. I realize that if I get this pack, I may have to do a lot of deleting in my main save. I'd like to have them in specific games. I also understand what is being said about the reasons why it hasn't played out to have a toggle.

If there were a toggle and I had it on for vampires, I would want vampires. Lol.

But there won't be a toggle - the Guru's said there wouldn't be and why we ended up with Aliens nerfed. This is not Sims 3 - the design apparently does not allow it to pick and choose. Even in Sims 3, the toggle did not shut off any of those life states - it was used just to lessen the numbers of those things - so even that game which had a game engine that allowed toggles, even it did not totally eliminat them in the game. Like if you toggled horses - instead of getting 3 starting wild packs of 3-4, you got one pack of 4 - same with all the toggles they lessened the group - not eliminated any of the numbers - yet you want this game that does not even support toggles to make it so you can pick and choose when to have them when you want them?

Seems to me what you really need is a mod - not a Maxis toggle as you cannot pick and choose even with toggles to have vamps just when you want.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

JUst NO - they tried that for the aliens and now I can't get a single Legacy Sim abducted. They need to leave the packs as they come and if you don't want something - don't get the pack.

It is like buying a a car fully loaded then you get it home and some car dealer comes by and changes the seat covers the amount of time the radio can play - the amount of time you can start it in a day - etc - etc and it is no longer the car you paid for. I paid for the Vamps and I expect them to be in the game. If you want the devs to do something then have them make it easier for you to remove the pack from your game but not to nerf the packs. That is wrong. I want my aliens back to what they were when the game came out not nerfed like they are by the change in the programming. Had it not been for the aliens I would not have bought GTW and now the reason I bought that pack no longer exists but I am stuck with nerfed aliens and a pack that no longer interests me because people wanted the aliens visits turned down.

My sims is a level 8 scientist has a telescope and rocket in his yard is 10th level on the plum telescope - has the rocket built and still not abducted even once. How is that fair to me who bought the pack for the aliens? I paid 40 bucks for it too as I got it when it came out - not on sale and before they nerfed it. To me their turning them down broke my pack. They need to not turn down Vamps seeing the Vamps is just a Vamps pack - it is not meant for other uses unlike GTW - so to me it is nuts to ask for toggles for a pack solely about the vamps.

Rah i feel like we don't understand each other. I don't want them to be nerfed, i had never wanted that. I want to know if they can give us a tool in manage household to give us the opportunity to give limit to generated sims (and only generated ones, not the one we create, the one the game generate without any regards), a tool that we can fully personalize to suits everyone playstyle where i can write that i don't want more than 3/5/10 or else vampires/alien/witch and everything else that will came spawning in the world, they forbid vampire to autonomously turn other to prevent spreading, but the game do spread vampire by generating new one, and they do not autonomously get deleted. They are create, and they stay. It's the only problem i see in this GP.
    Right now this kind off tool might not be possible, but i don't want it now i can wait 2/3 years or even until the end of sims 4, they say that its create too much bug right now, but if they manage to create on later it will be great.

And for the alien i'm as much unhappy as you are, i tried to get my sims abducted, but he died of old age before i managed to have an alien pregnancy, he was in the scientist career, had everything related to scientist and alien in his house but nothing.

Or even a way to classify the "not in world townie" by species then a delete all button, it will take less time than checking each townie and then deleted them.

For the mod, i have checked, there is no mod that do that kind of stuff now. Of course if i find one like i will download it, but it don't hurt to ask. If a guru come and say that they can't do a townie management tool, i'll give up. But the only post i've see are about a toggle about turning on/off vampire, but i don't want to turn them off, just a way to limit the townie generation.

Btw, someone has mentioned this kind of "townie management tool" idea, SimsGuruNinja quote him and he never say that this was impossible.
    Post edited by lulubadwolf on
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited March 2017
    Triplis wrote: »
    Yes I get they looked into it but it comes to the sacrifice of the people who wanted vampires and have the people who don't get what they want water down versions of vampires because you seem to not be smart enough to stay away from something called Vampires if you don't want vampires and those mods don't solve the problem if someone doesn't want to resort to mod to not have vampires. So I will say it again if you don't want vampires don't buy the pack if that is the way you want to play your game. They can't show up if you don't buy the pack.
    Leave the insults at the door. It serves no purpose other than being incendiary.

And that argument is old and meaningless anyway. The point has been made ad nauseum. I don't understand how it's even still considered an argument. No one is plum enough to miss the fact that a pack called Vampires has Vampires in it. The point is, there are people who want things from the pack, but also want more control over how it appears in their game.
    It wasn't an insult it was looking from my point of view because you want a toggle ok will do you care what others want because of the toggle the vampires not be as they are right now. So you are basically insulting the people who do want vampires by asking for a toggle.The best way not to have them is don't buy the pack that simple. The world clothes and furniture aren't even worth 20 dollars you could get stuff free on like TSR if you are looking for that stuff and save your money and I don't even like EA hair its ugly.
    But that ain't yo business! If they wanna spend their 20 dollars from their wallet, than just let them! I do see your point on how absurd is to buy a (unreasonably imo) pricy GP, but I don't care honestly and I don't tell me whenever they should buy that rip-off/overexpensive based on the given content. To us it may seem silly, but to them the cost might appear to be at a reasonable price. I know you wanna encourage others to stop buying just for minor things like CAS asset, but..... ehhh.

Also, not everyone is ok with using CC, for numerious or just for personal reasons.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I don't have any interest in vampires either, but at least they've been better implimented in their own pack than aliens were in GTW. I got that pack for everything but the aliens. At least you're not missing big chunks of gameplay like retails stores and some new careers by skipping out on the pack if you choose to. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    I don't have any interest in vampires either, but at least they've been better implimented in their own pack than aliens were in GTW. I got that pack for everything but the aliens. At least you're not missing big chunks of gameplay like retails stores and some new careers by skipping out on the pack if you choose to. :)

What i love with the fact they come in a GP is that they really well done, they really focus of them and they are awesome :)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Yes I get they looked into it but it comes to the sacrifice of the people who wanted vampires and have the people who don't get what they want water down versions of vampires because you seem to not be smart enough to stay away from something called Vampires if you don't want vampires and those mods don't solve the problem if someone doesn't want to resort to mod to not have vampires. So I will say it again if you don't want vampires don't buy the pack if that is the way you want to play your game. They can't show up if you don't buy the pack.
    Leave the insults at the door. It serves no purpose other than being incendiary.

And that argument is old and meaningless anyway. The point has been made ad nauseum. I don't understand how it's even still considered an argument. No one is plum enough to miss the fact that a pack called Vampires has Vampires in it. The point is, there are people who want things from the pack, but also want more control over how it appears in their game.
    It wasn't an insult it was looking from my point of view because you want a toggle ok will do you care what others want because of the toggle the vampires not be as they are right now. So you are basically insulting the people who do want vampires by asking for a toggle.The best way not to have them is don't buy the pack that simple. The world clothes and furniture aren't even worth 20 dollars you could get stuff free on like TSR if you are looking for that stuff and save your money and I don't even like EA hair its ugly.
    But that ain't yo business! If they wanna spend their 20 dollars from their wallet, than just let them! I do see your point on how absurd is to buy a (unreasonably imo) pricy GP, but I don't care honestly and I don't tell me whenever they should buy that rip-off/overexpensive based on the given content. To us it may seem silly, but to them the cost might appear to be at a reasonable price. I know you wanna encourage others to stop buying just for minor things like CAS asset, but..... ehhh.

Also, not everyone is ok with using CC, for numerious or just for personal reasons.
    I never said that you shouldn't buy it but you are getting a world that has 5 lots that you basically can't use if you don't want vampires to spawn. Asking for a toggle makes you seem like you don't really care what other that wanted vampires want to get what you want they will be less then they are. The furniture is ok the hair I can't stand and the clothes I can't stand. I bought the pack for the vampires.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member

But there won't be a toggle - the Guru's said there wouldn't be and why we ended up with Aliens nerfed. This is not Sims 3 - the design apparently does not allow it to pick and choose. Even in Sims 3, the toggle did not shut off any of those life states - it was used just to lessen the numbers of those things - so even that game which had a game engine that allowed toggles, even it did not totally eliminat them in the game. Like if you toggled horses - instead of getting 3 starting wild packs of 3-4, you got one pack of 4 - same with all the toggles they lessened the group - not eliminated any of the numbers - yet you want this game that does not even support toggles to make it so you can pick and choose when to have them when you want them?

Seems to me what you really need is a mod - not a Maxis toggle as you cannot pick and choose even with toggles to have vamps just when you want.

I understand that. I didn't chime in to represent "everyone who wants a toggle". I was just saying that it would be great if there were the ability to have saves with them and saves without them without compromising gameplay. Sure, perhaps that's not possible but it doesn't mean that someone cannot express a preference for that. It's a bit like saying, "You can have chocolate sims or you can have vanilla sims but you can't have swirl. Definitely no swirl." I'm just saying that yes, I'd rather have the ability to have swirl while not ruining the chocolate flavor for others. I understand that it is not the case. It's not really a big deal for me. Maybe at some point, I'll decide to add the vampires, maybe not. I'd be more likely to buy this pack if I could have that swirl though.

I wouldn't buy this GP specifically for fashion reasons. I'd want to play with the vampires but not all the time and not in my main game.

I agree with the suggestion of being able to manage the townies who are not in the world by species. I would definitely use that. I also agree that vampires have been handled a lot better than the aliens were.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Vampires never even visit my house. I had one call from Vlad and they never visit. Is there something wrong with my game? Or should I make more Vampire families?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Loanet wrote: »
    Vampires never even visit my house. I had one call from Vlad and they never visit. Is there something wrong with my game? Or should I make more Vampire families?

Yours play just like mine and I have 3 households with 8 Vamps in each in the Forgotten Hollow. It is the way the devs said it works and exactly like it works in my game too. The game does not make Vamps in mine either. The fifth house my Sim who is not a vamp lives and he never gets visited by any vamps either. He visits the vamps and is in fact friends with several - best friends with one of the females even - and no one ever bothers him or asks for a drink. So I fail to see the issue. I also have all of New Crest filled with families - with toddlers - no Vamps and when I play their households I see no vamps at all.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    RoseBud05RoseBud05 Posts: 14 New Member
    I am glad people loved the pack that brought it. For me, I am waiting for the same joy in the packs I am waiting to buy. I thought about buying this pack, but I realized it is not what I really wanted. This SIMS game they are making a lot of packs and splitting things up, so I am not trying to buy everything. I got over it by looking for cc also.
  • Options
    RoseBud05RoseBud05 Posts: 14 New Member
    I want to add that aliens are highly visible in my game. A SIM of mines got abducted in the science track last weekend. I think he is on level six in the career track. The aliens work with him on the job too. I was not excited about abduction a first because of my created storyline. I tried to stop it, but now I am somewhat cool with it. LOL
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017

There is already a limit on it. Built into how you play. As Sims die out the game may generate some townie vampires who take townie jobs like waitress etc. You have control to go in delete them, and replace with 'humans'. Or to keep an eye on Households and delete any Sim you don't want in game.

ETA: Gurus have said townie generated vampires do not generate over other types of Sims, and they are low on list and will be the first to be culled, too. So, it's how you are playing as I haven't seen any other than the ones I created. Two waitresses may have been generated last time I played because I deleted a bucket of old Sims in the homeless list.

ETA: What I would rather see is giving me control of townie generator to be more friendly to players, instead of generating fifteen elderly, two single chicks with an unrelated ethnic child, (mom, daughter, son) and things like that. That annoys me a heck more than a single vampire working as a waitress at one of my many hardly visited ice cream shops. lol And or giving me control over the name generator since CL there aren't any English names in the entire name lists anymore. AKA, blond hair, blue eyed, clearly European with the name Abdul...c'mon let's get real.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
  • Options
    Jestina wrote: »
    The spawning is definitely crazy it seems. I'm trying to use MC Command to get some control over it. My sims have at least one vampire visitor per night, sometimes two. I keep deleting them but more spawn.

If you don't talk to one in public they don't visit. And if you never open the door when Vlad shows up your Sim will never be bitten. It's simple actually.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Toggles in Sims 3 did not shut anything off just made less of them appear and made the ones that did appear less intrusive whether or not you had the toggle on; and not something players who wanted the vampires in this game want any part of.

Like in Sims 3 I shut off pets, horses, and the constant troupes of Paparazzi - I still get horses, pets, and papparazzi - just not as many - but in the games I wanted these things left the toggles untouched and found out the paparazzi no longer worked as well as they did for my celeb sims where I wanted them to be over run instead and report on them - take pictures and such and instead found them hanging around my sims house using their pools and hottubs and acting like an invited guest. They were now free loaders - instead of paparazzi.

The pets before toggles I had strays my sim could befriend and adopt - but once toggles - I still had a few stray - but things like deer and raccoons stop appearing and the few strays that came around suddenly would not befriend well at all even with the toggles off.

So even if they were possible to have toggles many of us know they don't work well and seem to mess up the game even if they are never used. This is why we don't want them in Sims 4 even though it is pretty clear they won't put them in Sims 4 because it is not made for toggles anyway and why vamps are in a gp and not an ep to start with.

From the Guru himself that worked on this on toggles.....

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15506637#Comment_15506637

"It's not that it isn't possible. It's more that it wasn't at all a simple or trivial addition. We looked into this feature at depth. I know folks wanted this option. I did too. In the end, it was going to be quite lengthy to implement and very likely to inteoduce many (deep) bugs. The magnitude of additional testing required would have really stretched our QA folks thin. We knew some players would be upset by not including this option.

So we tried to design a set of rules to allow for players not necessarily interested in the vampire gameplay to still find this pack approachable and satisfying (while not watering down or otherwise compromising really cool Vampire gameplay for those that do want it). "
    I don't know about pets, but I've got supernaturals disabled in my Sims 3 game from the very moment I could (because they were a plague and I hated that), and from that moment on I haven't seen one spontaneous supernatural ever again. The only supernaturals are te ones I created and put in that world myself. It works perfectly and it doesn't mess up my game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited March 2017

I never said that you shouldn't buy it but you are getting a world that has 5 lots that you basically can't use if you don't want vampires to spawn. Asking for a toggle makes you seem like you don't really care what other that wanted vampires want to get what you want they will be less then they are. The furniture is ok the hair I can't stand and the clothes I can't stand. I bought the pack for the vampires.
    Don't know what yours definition of "toggle", but cleary from your comment it isn't the same as mine. Toggle - a check box, which you can toggle on and off by check marking it to allow either vampires spawn in on or off.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

There is already a limit on it. Built into how you play. As Sims die out the game may generate some townie vampires who take townie jobs like waitress etc. You have control to go in delete them, and replace with 'humans'. Or to keep an eye on Households and delete any Sim you don't want in game.

ETA: Gurus have said townie generated vampires do not generate over other types of Sims, and they are low on list and will be the first to be culled, too. So, it's how you are playing as I haven't seen any other than the ones I created. Two waitresses may have been generated last time I played because I deleted a bucket of old Sims in the homeless list.

ETA: What I would rather see is giving me control of townie generator to be more friendly to players, instead of generating fifteen elderly, two single chicks with an unrelated ethnic child, (mom, daughter, son) and things like that. That annoys me a heck more than a single vampire working as a waitress at one of my many hardly visited ice cream shops. lol And or giving me control over the name generator since CL there aren't any English names in the entire name lists anymore. AKA, blond hair, blue eyed, clearly European with the name Abdul...c'mon let's get real.

I do agree about the fact that it's built how i play, in a save were i don't touch anything related to vampire i don't see many of them (2 or 3 maybe, even less), and my sims never get bitten only if they study vampire lore (and i find this funny, i think about it as a warning "don't try to understand our secrets or we will drain your blood", btw i would love a "fake sleep interaction" when a vampire is breaking into our house if you have a vampire cure in your inventory so if the vampire come closer the sims will throw the cure at him with a 50 % chances of success, because i've notice they leave if the sims in the household are awake )
    So i don't complain about vampire in this save, the system do work perfectly in the case of avoiding vampire.

I know it's because i play them that they are massively created but it's like there is no balance, in my game at least which seems to forget that he can also spawn human and alien. When i switch to a "normal" household the townie generator seems to calm down (the spawning rate seem to be like 3/4 at this moment), and i can delete them ( and this take times, really a way to class townie by species and a delete all button would do the job ) The thing is that this problem don't seems to happened to everyone make me feel like its a bug ( might also be because of the culling system, in my old save (created way before CL) the vampires who are created never gets culled, while in a new save with vampire they get culled when i switch on other households)

And yes, like you say the townie generator being more friendly to players is a must have.
    Your ice cream shops is empty ? Weird, in my game it's not empty, the place i go are often full of sims (hm might be why my game generate vampire massively, FH is always full of venue when i play my vampire sims who lives here :D )
    I've also notice the weird name spawning because of CL.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Don't know what yours definition of "toggle", but cleary from your comment it isn't the same as mine. Toggle - a check box, which you can toggle on and off by check marking it to allow either vampires spawn in on or off.
    This isn't TS3 they don't have those check boxes and if they had them in TS4 getting them will make the vampires less then they are but apparently you don't care about the people who bought the gp for vampires.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    There is a difference between Sims2 style vampires which are under player control on how many and where, and Sims4 style where they (at least in my game) proliferate like rats even in non Hollow neighborhoods and invade homes 2 nights of 3. The Devs. included weaknesses in vampires to provide balance, yet the proliferation destroys balance at the neighborhood level. The issue isn't the presence of vampires as such, but who controls the size and levels of the vampire population. The players, or some hidden coding we can't see let alone touch? If they are unable or unwilling to provide a means of population control, then balance demands a working means of protection, preferably one that does not require high levels of vampire knowledge/skill (which reports indicate increases the problem) and finding less than plentiful ingredients.

There are actually several toggles.

As @ZeldaBoy180 pointed out, the best toggle is buying or not buying the pack.

Another toggle is using these mods http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589172 and/or http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589546

Finally, in-game, outside of the initial scripted scenario, if you don't interact with Vampires, they will leave you alone. I have been playing with vampires so I do get the occasional vampire interaction but it's nothing like 2 nights out of 3. More like once every 2-3 sim weeks, if that. And that's with fully embracing vampires in my game.

Those mods do nothing so if you don't want vampires you shouldn't buy the pack.

Actually the mods work quite well. I use them and have no vampire unless I allow my sims to study them on the computer. Even then I only see one come at night and he can't break in.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    Personally i find it odd with sims 4 how many people, myself included, need to buy every pack/EP and SP for the game. With both sims 2 and 3 I only bought packs that appealed to me. I didn't care if it had hair/clothes/stuff that I liked if the feature didn't appeal to me. Not dissing anyone here like I said myself included, I always want every new thing they come out with. I took a long break and didn't get city life until recently, but as soon as I came back to the game I got it.

Maybe it's because there was a store to buy certain things. I don't know it's weird, but it's like everyone wants whatever they add even if they don't like the city, or vamps or whatever,

i feel like maybe the game itself is lacking somehow so we all need new content constantly or it gets old. I know I was so pumped about vamps and toddlers and now I'm already ready for something new. I haven't even played in over a week. I get bored after awhile and then really excited when we get an update and then bored again.

Sorry for my rambling thoughts. It just seems like I'm not the only one.

If the game in general appealed to more people, maybe everyone wouldn't care if they missed one DLC??

I don't quite know why people seem to feel the need to make their point by dissing the game or others for wanting some things and not others. I wanted the items in the vampire pack so I bought it. I wanted the extra neighborhood. I have always used mods so I have no issue with using them here. And no, I don't find the game lacking, or empty. And if something doesn't appeal to me I will pass on in (Sweet treats anyone).

• Options
    Mendota wrote: »
    Personally i find it odd with sims 4 how many people, myself included, need to buy every pack/EP and SP for the game. With both sims 2 and 3 I only bought packs that appealed to me. I didn't care if it had hair/clothes/stuff that I liked if the feature didn't appeal to me. Not dissing anyone here like I said myself included, I always want every new thing they come out with. I took a long break and didn't get city life until recently, but as soon as I came back to the game I got it.

Maybe it's because there was a store to buy certain things. I don't know it's weird, but it's like everyone wants whatever they add even if they don't like the city, or vamps or whatever,

i feel like maybe the game itself is lacking somehow so we all need new content constantly or it gets old. I know I was so pumped about vamps and toddlers and now I'm already ready for something new. I haven't even played in over a week. I get bored after awhile and then really excited when we get an update and then bored again.

If the game in general appealed to more people, maybe everyone wouldn't care if they missed one DLC??

I don't quite know why people seem to feel the need to make their point by dissing the game or others for wanting some things and not others. I wanted the items in the vampire pack so I bought it. I wanted the extra neighborhood. I have always used mods so I have no issue with using them here. And no, I don't find the game lacking, or empty. And if something doesn't appeal to me I will pass on in (Sweet treats anyone).

I think the point and or well it's mine, if you don't want a new 'feature' such as vampires in your game, then for heavens' sake don't buy a pack strictly about them then cry to tone it down....I think that attitude really does take the cake. If you choose to buy a pack with a very focused feature such as vampires and you don't want vampires then it should be up to the player and not EA to figure out how to mod them out. EA shouldn't have to bend to those who knew what they were getting then demand it be toned down since it's a very focused pack. That's on the player and their own responsibility. And always will be.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »

I think the point and or well it's mine, if you don't want a new 'feature' such as vampires in your game, then for heavens' sake don't buy a pack strictly about them then cry to tone it down....I think that attitude really does take the cake. If you choose to buy a pack with a very focused feature such as vampires and you don't want vampires then it should be up to the player and not EA to figure out how to mod them out. EA shouldn't have to bend to those who knew what they were getting then demand it be toned down since it's a very focused pack. That's on the player and their own responsibility. And always will be.
    In fact this is also important for people who do basically want that new feature. EA is great in overdoing features, making basically good ideas a nuisance. And they can do it right, even without a toggle. Genies in Sims 3 prove it. It takes some effort to get them in your game and even when you do they will never become a plague. No toggle needed.
    5JZ57S6.png