Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    In regards to Project Vie, this video is a good piece - https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ex2cb_project-vie-is-a-hoax_videogames

Ha ha ha! Quality.

--T
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    Ha ha ha wow did the Sims devs put that out there to make fun of us that said we should make our own game? So the guy tried to make a game and it didn't work at least he tried. Making a game has to be hard though. I was in schooling for game design myself but had to quit well my life changed quite a bit and I was stressed out to the point of having bad Migraines that made me hurl but yeah that would happen after you spill water on a $1000 laptop that had all your schooling stuff, your life and sims 3 game, you had more family obligations to take care of than before with aging parents and dealing with crazy tenants who don't know how to mind their own business. I might pick it up again eventually but meanwhile I appreciate how hard creating a game can be.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited March 2017
    I believed in project Vie and I fell down from the stairs yesterday. Now I am in pain.
    In youtube there are plenty of videos that claims is a hoax, like la Vida for Unix some years ago.
    Anyways I would like to see my sims waiting for the bus for instance to see hot-headed sims swearing when the wrong bus is passing in front of them , the absent-minded sims take the wrong bus they are lead in a "x" place etc.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I'm not sure that the hoaxer even really worked on producing a game. The link that @Pary gave, no longer works, the site says it was removed because it breached the Terms of Use. I can't say much because everything I've read is second hand, but there is thread that I think is fairly accurate about what went down: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913220/project-vie-is-a-hoax-and-a-challenge-for-you-dear-reader

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Just thought I'd pop in. Say hi. *waves*

My personal life is good, but I'm feeling rather annoyed about TS4... again. This whole Project Vie thing has really dampened my spirits as it's just made me see how much is still wrong with TS4. Then you've got SGGraham up there on his perch mocking us all with his snidey tweets like he has the best game evah. Pfft.

Toddlers are grand, vampires are even better but the rest of the game is just loose and all over the place; like get this, my vampire sim got promoted and I didn't check the new time she finished as she'd just had a baby and I was fussing around sorting him out with the father. But rather than come inside the house on her arrival home, she must've just stood there in the sun because the next thing I know my screen is swooping over to her falling dead on the floor. Ok, fine, plum happens. So her husband pleads for her life, is successful and all is well. NOT. I'm *still* getting 'sorry for your loss' calls from every plum sim in town. Errrr SHES NOT DEAD! Maybe if they had proper memories, they'd know this!?

It just makes me want to throw my computer through my window and crave competition even more than I already did. I'm really considering just giving up on TS altogether. I spend more time talking about it than I do playing so obviously, there's a problem and it's definitely not me.

--T
    I missed the whole Project Vie thing (probably a good thing).

I know what you mean about ts4 though. I sometimes feel like I have a split personality with it - enjoying it, annoyed with it, enjoying it, bored with it and so on... it would be a sad day to give up on the games altogether though. Do you not still love one of the previous versions?

I am currently having a whale of a time with my sims 3 game, there is so much to do and I love having the freedom to flit around the town whenever I want. Of course, there are also sad moments too, like the other day when I remembered that my toddler could not climb down the stairs... and when my sim was pregnant and she was suddenly given some ridiculous random pregnancy outfit to wear... if only I could put some aspects of ts4 into my sims 3 game I would have reached near perfection and would never need another game to play.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

My personal life is good, but I'm feeling rather annoyed about TS4... again. This whole Project Vie thing has really dampened my spirits as it's just made me see how much is still wrong with TS4. Then you've got SGGraham up there on his perch mocking us all with his snidey tweets like he has the best game evah. Pfft.

Toddlers are grand, vampires are even better but the rest of the game is just loose and all over the place; like get this, my vampire sim got promoted and I didn't check the new time she finished as she'd just had a baby and I was fussing around sorting him out with the father. But rather than come inside the house on her arrival home, she must've just stood there in the sun because the next thing I know my screen is swooping over to her falling dead on the floor. Ok, fine, plum happens. So her husband pleads for her life, is successful and all is well. NOT. I'm *still* getting 'sorry for your loss' calls from every plum sim in town. Errrr SHES NOT DEAD! Maybe if they had proper memories, they'd know this!?

It just makes me want to throw my computer through my window and crave competition even more than I already did. I'm really considering just giving up on TS altogether. I spend more time talking about it than I do playing so obviously, there's a problem and it's definitely not me.

--T

I know what you mean about ts4 though. I sometimes feel like I have a split personality with it - enjoying it, annoyed with it, enjoying it, bored with it and so on... it would be a sad day to give up on the games altogether though. Do you not still love one of the previous versions?

I am currently having a whale of a time with my sims 3 game, there is so much to do and I love having the freedom to flit around the town whenever I want. Of course, there are also sad moments too, like the other day when I remembered that my toddler could not climb down the stairs... and when my sim was pregnant and she was suddenly given some ridiculous random pregnancy outfit to wear... if only I could put some aspects of ts4 into my sims 3 game I would have reached near perfection and would never need another game to play.

Not really, not anymore. I LOVE TS2 but I've done everything a million times. It's boring. I need something more. No sims game currently offers me that. It's all just the same old, same old.

I think I'm just tired of this whole thing, to be honest. I find myself just doing other things, I open a sims game and close it within minutes. I think I just held on wanting to like TS4 so much that now I'm over it. I don't know how else to explain it.

--T
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I've given up, am not even looking at anything they do being for me. Too much is wrong with the base that cannot be fixed for me :cry: I know there are folks out there who are very happy with the content. I don't understand it as obviously their play style is very different from mine as well as my not liking the art style of the game. Too cartoony and too childish for me. I gave up dollhouse style furniture many, many years ago. It could be so much better in my eyes and it is not.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm totally feeling you on that dollhouse feel, don't get me wrong I don't hate the graphics I think they are cute in a Sims Urbz kind of way which is fine by me, but as I was looking at the house I had created I did notice how dollhouse everything looked. I loved how in 3 you could decorate your house step back and admire it and it could look pretty realisitc not so much with the finishes we have in 4.

Yeah I'm not unhappy with the game but oh those load screens are putting me in an angry mood and I want to do angry interactions! You know I might not even mind them soooo much if the load screen had been a map of the town with the different sections showing a little indicator of where my sim was at and the progress they were making to get to their destination, but no the loading screen is decorated with plumbob wallpaper. I think a map loading screen would have been more helpful than having all those stats of how many times my sim did certain actions which I don't care about. So, here I am already to play and then I run smack dab into the fourth wall and I'm pulled out of imersion of my Sims world and the story I had going on by a wall of plumbobs, it actually makes me not want to travel that much.

I also don't like when I'm on a lot and my screen won't stay on the action of where my sims are if there is a second story it like slips off and goes down to the first story very not helpful if I'm trying to get my sims to use something on the second floor.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    If they needed to dumb down the graphics to speed up gameplay I'd rather they had done it by going back to the 4-corner views and billboard object graphics from Sims 1, because at least you could get those really nice and realistically detailed, and it was all just a flat image done from 4 different angles.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I did not play Sims1 or 2 (well, I did finally do the Sims2 UC) but, did not like the load screens in sims2 after not having them in Sims3. I know I am not a puter expert, but, I see so many other games on puter with such awesome graphics and gameplay so why can't EA make a better engine instead of making a game that leaves much to be desired and sacrificed for. The dev's have admitted that in order to do one particular thing...they had to sacrifice something else. We want more out of our games these days, not less. Oh well, happy simming, no matter what you play. I'm playing with ghosts, and ghost babies in sims 3 :)
  • Options
    OMG yes the TS2 loading times were out of this world :o
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I hope this is not considered off-topic. I don't know how many of you use mods, but I figured some of you who follow this thread might be interested in this, given your interest in family play. :smile:

https://triplissims.tumblr.com/post/158591155403/ts4-mod-for-child-sims-guidance-need

Enjoy your day!
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    @Triplis thank you for sharing that with us, I would say it is not off topic as it is family related ;) It's not the kind of thing I would be interested in but I'm sure others may be.

@IngeJones I have to say that would be my worst nightmare! I could not imagine the sims going back to being 2 dimensional. No, thank you. I do feel that, instead of ditching the open world because of the problems it caused many people to have, I feel that EA should have worked on bringing us a better open world system with lovely graphics and some definite wow factors (maybe such as gradual aging). In this day of gaming, as @bekkasan said, we should be getting better and more advanced games - not going backwards.

But at least they did improve certain aspects of the game with the latest version. We now have some awesome little toddlers (albeit with a few glitches), so at least they did that right. I hope that they include toddler aspects in future packs though, and do not just leave them as is.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I had to go and look up the "Fake Cry" mod in @Triplis signature. It made me laugh, especially when I read that it builds fun and creativity :D
    Cute!
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    I wish modders would go back to using the paypal button or even JustGiving for their voluntary donations. The Patreon way really encourages creators to think in terms of rewarding patrons with something non-patrons cannot have - whether it be special mods just for donors, or special preview privileges. With just-giving or paypal the money is always just a pure donation which can be picked up immediately with no implications.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    @Triplis thank you for sharing that with us, I would say it is not off topic as it is family related ;) It's not the kind of thing I would be interested in but I'm sure others may be.
    You're welcome. And thanks for chiming in on it. :smile:
    Pary wrote: »
    I had to go and look up the "Fake Cry" mod in @Triplis signature. It made me laugh, especially when I read that it builds fun and creativity :D
    Cute!
    Glad you like it. :smile:
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I wish modders would go back to using the paypal button or even JustGiving for their voluntary donations. The Patreon way really encourages creators to think in terms of rewarding patrons with something non-patrons cannot have - whether it be special mods just for donors, or special preview privileges. With just-giving or paypal the money is always just a pure donation which can be picked up immediately with no implications.
    I don't like it either, even though I just set up a Patreon yesterday. :neutral: The reason I set one up is because it's a more streamlined way to connect those who want to donate to those who could use the donations to support their work. The rewards part, in the case of modding, is something I really went back and forth on in my mind and only put in a thing about "early access" (to "beta" builds) because I wanted to have something in there that's considered a reward and Patreon's automated "advice" really pushes this idea on you that you'll do better if you have real "rewards."

I'd rather just not have rewards at all. Not because I don't want to reward people, but because in this case, I don't feel there's suitable rewards I can offer, without, as you put it, "thinking in terms of rewarding patrons with something non-patrons cannot have."

In my case, I would happily remove the special access thing if it made people feel better about the whole thing. If I'm being honest, I didn't even want to make a Patreon in the first place and I feel weird asking for donations at all; I just want to make cool things and release them when I feel they're ready to be released. But the creative life is never that simple. I'm in a place in my life where I feel like I can contribute cool stuff to this game, but it's very time-consuming to do and I can't just spend months of my life on it, with nothing monetary to show for it in the long-term.

Anyway, sorry if that's a bit tangential to the point. I just wanted to explain my situation and explain the why. Ultimately, I have to choose how to spend my time going forward and that's no one's responsibility but my own.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Off topic but...

I am in two minds about going to this 'social club' tomorrow. I only want to go because on the Facebook group there is this girl that I have my eye on but I don't know her enough to add her on Facebook to make my move on her and I don't want her to reject the friend request and waste my chance.

So I have to go to the social group but there is no saying that she will even be there and even if she is who says she would be interested in me or even want to talk to me?

To be honest I cannot be bothered to go there, I have other things to do in the evening rather than sit for two hours at a meeting aimed at adults who 'struggle with social situations' when the only thing I struggle with is going to the said meetings.

So what shall I do? Shall I go to the meeting a potentially waste my time?

Add her on Facebook anyway and hope for the best

Or not bother with either?

But keeping it Sims related she looks like one of my Sims on Facebook hence the attraction :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Off topic but...

I am in two minds about going to this 'social club' tomorrow. I only want to go because on the Facebook group there is this girl that I have my eye on but I don't know her enough to add her on Facebook to make my move on her and I don't want her to reject the friend request and waste my chance.

So I have to go to the social group but there is no saying that she will even be there and even if she is who says she would be interested in me or even want to talk to me?

To be honest I cannot be bothered to go there, I have other things to do in the evening rather than sit for two hours at a meeting aimed at adults who 'struggle with social situations' when the only thing I struggle with is going to the said meetings.

So what shall I do? Shall I go to the meeting a potentially waste my time?

Add her on Facebook anyway and hope for the best

Or not bother with either?

But keeping it Sims related she looks like one of my Sims on Facebook hence the attraction :smile:

One never knows what will happen if you don't take the chance. I'd say go. If she's there, great! Talk to her, get to know her and have a good time. If she's not there, then there's always the option to add her as a Facebook friend. You never know what may happen and it may be good. :)<3

It's the same with our Sims. Sometimes we let them do what they wish to do and it gives us unexpected and wonderful results. I hope you have a wonderful day today. <3
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    @Tremayne4260 Thanks for the comment :smile: At the moment I am pushing myself to going :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Well some updates, the meeting I went to yesterday turned out ok so that is one less thing on my mind :smile:

Also working on a new film and have a few screenshots, here I actually have two Sims holding hands! :smiley:

17390547_1903872193228797_9179148845043251363_o.jpg?oh=4573b3295be3451ed85f480d606b0870&oe=59655B9F

17390545_1903872186562131_1901569443927480552_o.jpg?oh=0822aa599fae6e87663e333bf0aa03b6&oe=596CE973
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

--T

Not really, not anymore. I LOVE TS2 but I've done everything a million times. It's boring. I need something more. No sims game currently offers me that. It's all just the same old, same old.

I think I'm just tired of this whole thing, to be honest. I find myself just doing other things, I open a sims game and close it within minutes. I think I just held on wanting to like TS4 so much that now I'm over it. I don't know how else to explain it.

--T

That's how I feel. I want to go back because I love ts2 but its hard to play ts2 because I've been spoiled with all npcs aging around my sim without me interfering. Its like I want 4 to have all of the things from previous iterations. So I cannot play it for too long... I'm still fighting with myself. And the bugs with 4 are killing me.... I'm constantly fighting with this game.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    @TheGoodOldGamer I thought the kids bowling was quite cute and I love that they put the bumpers-up in there for them. Awesome addition.
    @MzPigglyPooh that is one major point that stops me playing ts2, the non-aging of all other sims. I know there is an option to age a few other sims when a sim has a birthday, but that isn't good enough for me.

I am still enjoying my sims 3 family at the moment, so here are a few cute shots from their lives.
    Jesse and his 1st born, Leah.
    149.jpg?dl=0

Leah can walk!
    153.jpg?dl=0

Grandma with Leah's new baby sister.
    156.jpg?dl=0
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top