Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Question for today's Q & A: Do you write strictly chronologicaly following your outline chapter by chapter, or do you sometimes write scenes that are far ahead and even have your last chapter written?
    I don't actually make an outline, however I do have some main plot points in mind when playing/screenshotting, but most the the plot just comes to me very spontaneously.
    That said, I have written scenes that take place farther ahead than I've played, however the details will most likely change depending on how much my sims want to cooperate with what's in my head. For most of my stories, I know what the ending is already (or at least the "conditions" that must be met in my playing to "trigger" the ending), but I haven't written any of the endings yet.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Question for today's Q & A: Do you write strictly chronologicaly following your outline chapter by chapter, or do you sometimes write scenes that are far ahead and even have your last chapter written?

I do and I don't.. Since in the Gen 2 I originally planned for either Molly or Carly to be the next heiress but I then decided to make Hannah the heiress instead.. Looking at poses has help me planned my story as well.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi guys! Do you like slice-of-life chapters that set up future events? If you do, then do I have a treat for you! And if you don't... uh, do you happen to like my Chrysanthemum Tango -story in general? If you do, then here we go:

Chapter 33: The Month of Death
    PvrYM4t.jpg

It's the time when nature starts falling asleep, and Riverview is getting sleepy as well. But encounters are still encountered, and plans are still planned.

I hope you guys enjoy and have a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited March 2017

Good question @Maladi777 ! I try not to if I can avoid it, but sometimes if I'm feeling really inspired about a certain scene, I'll go ahead and write it early. Usually when that happens, I go back and edit it later on if some details have changed :)

The furthest ahead I ever wrote a chapter was the infamous ToCo shower chapter :joy: I actually wrote that BEFORE they even had any marriage problems :joy: The reason is because I had really been wanting to push myself into writing a love scene (to get myself out of my comfort zone), but I didn't want it to be gratuitous -- I wanted it to feel right/fit the story. When I had the inspiration for that chapter, I actually sat down and wrote it right away, because I had this feeling I'd chicken out and not write it the way I truly wanted to if I sat on the idea for too long :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    I usually write chronologically, but if I have a very clear idea on a scene or a dialogue etc. that'll come later I will usually write it. But sometimes I keep a future scene just in my head and maybe write down some notes on it. Right now I don't have future scenes really written in my stories, aside from the very next chapters that I'm about to finish soon.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Hi everyone,

I hope you all are doing well and that the start of your week is going nicely. I've been rather busy lately, so I apologize that I've not come on here to say "Hi," in a while. When I've been on, I've been hanging out in the Pen Pal Project thread, as I'd had quite a lot to catch up on over there

As much as I kinda don't like to just drop and run, that is what I'm doing this time out. I wanted to drop off my latest chapter for "Another World" for anyone interested in reading it. Thank you to @BLAMSART for making me some special poses I'd requested. :)

Robin%2BHolding%2BAlina%2BUnconscious%2B2.jpg
    Chapter 17, Kiss Me While I Sleep
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

i don't use a outline i do try and makemy post have a beging and a conclussion. in my last attempt my story was being told in the present and then some friends wanted to know about how it happed so i had to write the past.
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope you all are doing well and that the start of your week is going nicely. I've been rather busy lately, so I apologize that I've not come on here to say "Hi," in a while. When I've been on, I've been hanging out in the Pen Pal Project thread, as I'd had quite a lot to catch up on over there

As much as I kinda don't like to just drop and run, that is what I'm doing this time out. I wanted to drop off my latest chapter for "Another World" for anyone interested in reading it. Thank you to @BLAMSART for making me some special poses I'd requested. :)

Robin%2BHolding%2BAlina%2BUnconscious%2B2.jpg
    Chapter 17, Kiss Me While I Sleep

you got poses froom someone and i got a update idea from you .
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

I write scenes in advance for Colours of my Heart, I have one labeled as Chapter 99, which is a placeholder number, because all I know is it is very late in the story that this chapter will happen.

I plan to start writing some future chapters for Ironbound soon, maybe after I've finished Horizon Zero Dawn, hopefully I can get some inspiration to start that story again :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Another murky update .. will Lisabee's trip to GF cause trouble in "paradise" with Ridge?? Will Lisabee catch herself on fire during her trip and who the heck is Jose?

[img][/img]02-28-17_10-54-31nbspAM_zpsmgmljqqo.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/03/06/the-post-apocalyptic-murkland-starter-challenge-3-in-the-deep-forest/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Will Lisabee catch herself on fire during her trip [/url]

Holy plum, that escalated quickly lmao!

• Options
    UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    I've posted another update for the Wallingsford Historical Legacy

David is finally making his move against the Klan, while Virginia fulfills a plan of her own to get David to change. And in the middle of the roller coaster of their life, is Delilah, trying to keep their marriage on the tracks.
  • Options
    ack no not jo related. wordpress ate everything but my title.now i have to write the post again.
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @friendsfan367 you need to stop feeding wordpress all your words. :( Sounds like it's always hungry, perhaps your words taste really good? lol.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 you need to stop feeding wordpress all your words. :( Sounds like it's always hungry, perhaps your words taste really good? lol.

maybe the god f the sun scars wp .i got it back.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi @Everybody,

Just stopping by to say 'Hello' and to let you all know I'm still alive and kicking. Am feeling much better now and no longer have environmental or milk allergies. My former family doctor who now does allergy clinics said that while I'm not allergic to these things there are items that can irritate my system at a certain point. I can now have cheese again without it bothering me.

In the past 10 months I have lost some more weight and am down to 180 lbs and hope to lose more as I start walking and mowing the lawn again in the spring.

Anyways I won't bore you with all the details except that one of our cats, Buffy went missing a week ago, Sunday and my hubby and I believe that he went off to die as he has had some health issues with an over-active thyroid and was getting old. Although he will be missed, I find that went any of my cats have gone off to die or just disappeared, it's easier to deal with as to me, they are never really gone but now live in my heart and memories minus the memory of them dying at home or the vet.

Hope you all are doing well and as always a special hello goes out to @CathyTea , @ra3rei , @Derubelle , @KitDragonFlight, @eXoNinjaPig, @sabreene, and @CitizenErased14

Unfortunately I won't be returning to the game as it would be detrimental to my health since many of the issues that plagued me in the previous 4 years were caused by excessive playing and the addictive nature of the game. Will stop by from time to time to say 'hello' though. Feel free to use any of my Sims or Simself in any of your games.

Take care,

Silver
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @SilverDaybreak ! Hi! I was thinking about you yesterday and today! So great to hear from you. Sounds like you're doing really well. Congratulations on all the healthy choices and healthy changes! Wishing you a great spring!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    I'm happy to see the activity in this thread! :heart:

Also, if anyone here still follows my story, here's the newest update.

Chapter 3.14: Realization
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    For Generation 6-what do you think it would mean if "step-mom" character on Christmas gives her daughters lots, and lots of presents. Her actually step-child, one present, and the "street-rat/orphan" character none?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    For Generation 6-what do you think it would mean if "step-mom" character on Christmas gives her daughters lots, and lots of presents. Her actually step-child, one present, and the "street-rat/orphan" character none?
    I think it would mean I need to send Meatball to talk to the lady.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I think it would mean I need to send Meatball to talk to the lady.

LOL well Meatball is in my story already..had two appearances already. Once as the kid's great-grandmother semi-saviour along with the kid's great-grandfather. In my story..he's immortal but not a vampire (don't have that pack yet)..so he and my Sim-self who is the Queen of Heaven in the Anneorine religion are kind of semi- fairy Godparents for the Swansons.
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top