Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Opinion on Lifespans Since Toddlers?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited February 2017
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I use McC so that I can set each life stage length

Please share with me how that's done. I am new to MCCC and have yet to figure it out, on the whole.

To answer the OP : Right now, I play on Long, and simply age each Sim up in the family when I'm ready to do so. You might say, I dance to my own tune. LOL But, I do miss the sliders from Sims3, where I used to play on Epic, but adjusted each life stage to suit me.

Click on a sim's computer. Go to MCCsettings>Set Age Span Duration
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited February 2017

Please share with me how that's done. I am new to MCCC and have yet to figure it out, on the whole.

To answer the OP : Right now, I play on Long, and simply age each Sim up in the family when I'm ready to do so. You might say, I dance to my own tune. LOL But, I do miss the sliders from Sims3, where I used to play on Epic, but adjusted each life stage to suit me.

Age-length settings in MCCC require only the base files, not any of the named modules. To get to them, open the cheat line and type:
    mc_settings
    Then select from the menu:
    Set Age Span
    From there, you can pick an age to set the length of. The mod will tell you when you make a change if it needs you to restart the game to make it effective. You don't have to save before you do that, but you can.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited February 2017
    I mess with aging a lot by going into the gameplay options or cas.fulleditmode while I play. I agree that I would like some kind of generations and I would be interested in some sort of midlife crisis era or more active late middle age.

I agree and have noticed that toddlers - cute as they are - have thrown off the lifespan balance. I sometimes pause aging and sometimes I'll age a sim down a life stage to postpone the elder years. I plan to age them all up eventually but I'm in charge of the pace.

I would definitely use an aging slider. I like to play all the life stages including when they are elders. Pretty much all of my sims have at least one child and it's annoying that it ends up taking up basically their whole lifespan. With City Living, I've addressed this by turning aging off for inactive households and moving the new YA offspring into an apartment. I continue to play the elders too. In one case, I had the YA move back in with his elderly mother when his father died. He then inherited her large, remodeled house when she later died. It felt realistic.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member

@GalacticGal Click on a computer, it can be in your Sims household or on a public lot. Then, select the "MC Master Controller" option. Then MC Settings>MC age span (I think that's what it's called, I'm sure you'll be able to find it). From there, you can individually select how many days each lifestage should last. You'll then have to close and reopen the game for the settings to take place.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,607 Member

@GalacticGal Click on a computer, it can be in your Sims household or on a public lot. Then, select the "MC Master Controller" option. Then MC Settings>MC age span (I think that's what it's called, I'm sure you'll be able to find it). From there, you can individually select how many days each lifestage should last. You'll then have to close and reopen the game for the settings to take place.

Thank you! I just learned how to use the active relationship (managed on my own, no less). This is a big help. :smiley:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I mess with aging a lot by going into the gameplay options or cas.fulleditmode while I play. I agree that I would like some kind of generations and I would be interested in some sort of midlife crisis era or more active late middle age.

I agree and have noticed that toddlers - cute as they are - have thrown off the lifespan balance. I sometimes pause aging and sometimes I'll age a sim down a life stage to postpone the elder years. I plan to age them all up eventually but I'm in charge of the pace.

I would definitely use an aging slider. I like to play all the life stages including when they are elders. Pretty much all of my sims have at least one child and it's annoying that it ends up taking up basically their whole lifespan. With City Living, I've addressed this by turning aging off for inactive households and moving the new YA offspring into an apartment. I continue to play the elders too. In one case, I had the YA move back in with his elderly mother when his father died. He then inherited her large, remodeled house when she later died. It felt realistic.

Though the midlife crisis got kinda annoying in TS3 imho. But it was a good idea. It made me pick carefully between young adult and adult, depending on what I wanted that sim to be. I loved the slider in TS3, but it doesn't have to be an aging slider, just as long as it does the same thing. If we got Seasons, I'd like the same thing.

And a midlife crisis makes adults diferent from young adults, bar the university thing. Otherwise, they weren't that much different in game from my experience. So I'd definitely like to see it, just not for all sims. It should be random because not everyone gets one.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I play on long setting, and then age them up when I need to. I also use Mccc.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2017
    I turn it off for a while, then I age my toddler up when I am ready and after that I turn aging on again. So simple. I want my grandparents sims enjoy their grandchildren since I always enjoy the time spent with them <3
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've always played with ageing on and long lifespan. If sims don't live long enough to see their grandchildren then so be it. My parents had me young yet both my grandfathers were deceased. So it does happen.
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    I miss the TS3 aging sliders as well - so much so I made my own aging mod using the age lengths I had in TS3.
  • Options
    AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    For when I'm playing with aging on (which is in just one save), I'm now using MCCC to lengthen the young adult and adult life stages. IIRC I set it up to add 10 days overall to those lifestages for now -- it had already felt a bit off balance before toddlers. I mean, I'm not an Elder yet IRL—still a good ways to go—but two of my three kids are YA already and I didn't have my kids early!

Exactly! Me and my two brothers are young adults and my parents definitely aren't elders nor did they have us at an unreasonable time. To be an elder IRL when your kid became 20 (young adult if you are literal with the term teen. I personally see an 18 year old as a young adult tho) you would have to be 45 when you had them which rarely happens because biological clock reasons. ( I am counting 65 for elder because that is generally when people retire)

Lifespans as they are just really don't reflect real life in a realistic way.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I had no idea you could fix this with MCCC! Woohoo! My rotational legacy file has gotten so large that I had to switch from normal to long lifespans so that people would still age without me missing all of their milestones, but for me the Teen stage is WAY too long, as is the long-Toddler stage (even 7 days on normal pushes it for me). And I always want to have a longer YA stage for the same reasons stated above - I like to play my Sims for a long time as YAs before they have kids, but they end up often dying when their kids are still teens, which I don't want very often in my game. I hope they fix this so we can do it without MCCC - it seems like such a no-brainer since it was an option in TS3.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I had no idea you could fix this with MCCC! Woohoo! My rotational legacy file has gotten so large that I had to switch from normal to long lifespans so that people would still age without me missing all of their milestones, but for me the Teen stage is WAY too long, as is the long-Toddler stage (even 7 days on normal pushes it for me). And I always want to have a longer YA stage for the same reasons stated above - I like to play my Sims for a long time as YAs before they have kids, but they end up often dying when their kids are still teens, which I don't want very often in my game. I hope they fix this so we can do it without MCCC - it seems like such a no-brainer since it was an option in TS3.
  • Options
    SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    I use command center aging. Everyone who wasn't a toddler, (childs and above when the update happened), seemed to have grown way too fast), I cut the toddler and baby age by at least half.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I agree the gap is too big between normal and long. I've modded it so I'm playing on half-long at the moment.

For the "can't meet your grandchildren" issue, I think a new lifestage between adults and elders (so the age where you no longer have children, but still aren't retired, greying hair) that would be basically around 50-65 would balance out the toddler lifestage.

So like a senior type life stage? I second this, and also life stage sliders as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top