Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cross Dressing Sims

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I have the base game, late night expansion, high end loft and island paradise.

IIRC it was patched in at some point.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I think body hair would be realistic. I don't understand why anyone would be against it. It's a natural part of life.

B-but, the children! :(

Lucky there is only one sim in this thread with body hair, I hope children don't see it. B)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member

Thay may be. But it existed.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I know body hair is a natural thing, but I'm just not a fan. Bleh. I'd personally rather that real people looked more like sims that way, lol. But I know many people want it in game, and it's probably better if we do get it. I would prefer having the options. I'll just save it for the werewolves and orcs. :p
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

I'm sure they will add it at some point :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    joleaco wrote: »
    I think body hair would be realistic. I don't understand why anyone would be against it. It's a natural part of life.

Lucky there is only one sim in this thread with body hair, I hope children don't see it. B)

As the mom of three boys I can attest they actually start getting body hair at the ages that play this game. Don't forget this game is for teens and the teens is when males come into their body hair. Many even have mustaches and semi beards - not my sons because they were fair haired and skinned but many of their friends did. Generally nationally in their dna has a lot to do with when males "sprout" LOL body hair. I do know by 16 even my fair haired sons had hairy-ish legs around the pool with some of their friends putting my hubby to shame even. LOL. So this is a game for teens and up - not for KIDS.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I know body hair is a natural thing, but I'm just not a fan. Bleh. I'd personally rather that real people looked more like sims that way, lol. But I know many people want it in game, and it's probably better if we do get it. I would prefer having the options. I'll just save it for the werewolves and orcs. :p

I don't like it when they look like gorillas, but a little hair doesn't bother me. I have to go through the painful experience of waxing so it makes me angry if im with a guy that grows less hair than me... urg genetics!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Am I the only one puzzled by how body hair is not appropriate for children to see? We are not talking about the pixelated areas.
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    Am I the only one puzzled by how body hair is not appropriate for children to see? We are not talking about the pixelated areas.

nah, you're not. I assumed they were joking.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited February 2017

You're not the only one. I cant see why hair that children are eventually going to grow themselves arent age-appropriate. I can understand the pixelated areas, but there's children with hairy legs in the real world.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

I don't get it either. It's hair! But God knows, I'm glad we DON'T have it. Given what my townies do with clothes, I really don't want a bunch of bushy legged ladies walking around in mini skirts.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options

I don't get it either. It's hair! But God knows, I'm glad we DON'T have it. Given what my townies do with clothes, I really don't want a bunch of bushy legged ladies walking around in mini skirts.

Killjoy
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

Killjoy

:D:D:D
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

As the mom of three boys I can attest they actually start getting body hair at the ages that play this game. Don't forget this game is for teens and the teens is when males come into their body hair. Many even have mustaches and semi beards - not my sons because they were fair haired and skinned but many of their friends did. Generally nationally in their dna has a lot to do with when males "sprout" LOL body hair. I do know by 16 even my fair haired sons had hairy-ish legs around the pool with some of their friends putting my hubby to shame even. LOL. So this is a game for teens and up - not for KIDS.

I was talking to a particularly hair guy i work with, he had to start shaving at 11... I mean i know thats an anomaly but it happens XD
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Really hoping they fix this soon. I don't want it in my game. :confused:
  • Options
    pri4321pri4321 Posts: 225 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I don't understand why body hair isn't a thing in TS4 since it was in TS3. Methinks the devs watch way to much "adult entertainment."

I think they added body hair in an EP though

Yeah, I don't know. I only have a few of TS3 and it is there in my game.

I think it was added in Generations
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited February 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

My kids are younger than teenage, but not too far off, but I don't care if they see body hair on sims. We live near the beach and go to public pools and there is no censorship there. :D I don't know what parents do to try and hide body hair from their kids, sounds like to much work for me, lol.

Most of us are joking :D there was another thread about body hair that we are referencing.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    My hubby is hairy on his chest, yet his legs are smoother than mine. and our kids grew up seeing him shirtless during the summer. It would be great as an option in the game like tattoos or jewellery.
    Now what was the original post??
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    So I thought the Guru's said when clothing options were enabled that no Sim would ever auto spawn with clothes not in the traditional gender unless you opt in.

Which I have not done.

I created this Sim from scratch. He does not have feminine clothes enabled for him. So why does he have this swimwear? I did not choose it for him. And I really don't want him to have it.

No mods. No CC.

2nhzxhg.png

In my current game, The male Hermit in Granit Falls is wearing a pink sweater (Spa Day, I think) heels, lipstick, earrings, etc. I also thought the patch notes clearly stated that it was optional and that random generated townies and NCP would not be altered. I hadn't played in Granite Falls in a long time, but I thought that the Hermit had a special "outdoor" outfit, but not in my current game.
    I know that City Living produces some "weird" clothing to represent strange people in the city, but I was surprised that the Gender Patch is now forced content. Players should not have to edit all the sims if they don't create them as cross gender or transgender, I thought it was optional for people to choose to use the gender options?

My current save has no mods or CC, so I know it is not a conflict by me adding non EA content to my game, but rather intentional or unintentional consequences with the gender patch and how it was implemented.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    The game should randomly generate cross-dressing sims. But equal numbers of cross-dressers to not, though. And a level of consistency, to some degree, for their closet per sim. Because if someone cross-dresses, they will more likely than not, do it for all/most outfits.

I think it's fair to all sims that way :) But simmers should be able to turn it off in the settings, which I fail to find. I see no issue, but this should be an option for those who do.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    My hubby is hairy on his chest, yet his legs are smoother than mine. and our kids grew up seeing him shirtless during the summer. It would be great as an option in the game like tattoos or jewellery.
    Now what was the original post??
    The Original topic, And apparent Devs answer..Were along these lines. :*
    skbZOWK.png
  • Options
    emmaning wrote: »
    The game should randomly generate cross-dressing sims. But equal numbers of cross-dressers to not, though. And a level of consistency, to some degree, for their closet per sim. Because if someone cross-dresses, they will more likely than not, do it for all/most outfits.

I think it's fair to all sims that way :) But simmers should be able to turn it off in the settings, which I fail to find. I see no issue, but this should be an option for those who do.

Cross-dressing sims is NOT fair to all. There are some people who do not approve of that behavior and will not accept it in their game.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Cross-dressing sims is NOT fair to all. There are some people who do not approve of that behavior and will not accept it in their game.

Cross dressing is not a 'behaviour' as such but more of a life choice.

I think this might be just a bug and nothing to get worked up over. If there had been no cross dressing patch then no one would make a big deal of it anyway.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I think this might be just a bug and nothing to get worked up over. If there had been no cross dressing patch then no one would make a big deal of it anyway.
    SimGuruNick confirmed it's a bug earlier in the thread (and is a known issue). :smile:

I do think it'd be interesting if it was one of those things that is supposed to happen, but is very rare. But I know that unless it was optional, it would be hated by some.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member

Triplis wrote: »
    SimGuruNick confirmed it's a bug earlier in the thread (and is a known issue). :smile:

I do think it'd be interesting if it was one of those things that is supposed to happen, but is very rare. But I know that unless it was optional, it would be hated by some.

Why would anyone hate cross-dressing? It happens irl and we should accept everybody :)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!