Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cross Dressing Sims

So I thought the Guru's said when clothing options were enabled that no Sim would ever auto spawn with clothes not in the traditional gender unless you opt in.

Which I have not done.

I created this Sim from scratch. He does not have feminine clothes enabled for him. So why does he have this swimwear? I did not choose it for him. And I really don't want him to have it.

No mods. No CC.

2nhzxhg.png

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited February 2017
    Is that San Myshuno? Sims are spawned there with bikinis to look weird.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Is that San Myshuno? Sims are spawned there with bikini's to look weird.

He said he created the sim from scratch.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited February 2017
    So I thought the Guru's said when clothing options were enabled that no Sim would ever auto spawn with clothes not in the traditional gender unless you opt in.

Which I have not done.

I created this Sim from scratch. He does not have feminine clothes enabled for him. So why does he have this swimwear? I did not choose it for him. And I really don't want him to have it.

No mods. No CC.

2nhzxhg.png

Did you choose the Sims's swimwear? If not, it would've been randomly generated.

I think this outfit is bugged and isn't tagged correctly so it can appear on male townies and randomly generated outfits. It happens to me too.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I don't know what swimwear I chose. I know it wasn't that.
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Do you have him marked as played, or did you just make him to be a townie? Because like Zeldaboy said, they do make sims walk around in bikinis or whacky clothes in San Myshuno (usually at night though).
  • Options
    He is very much played. He is my Legacy Founder.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I understand the issue, however, I do have to say he's pulling that swimsuit better off than I would :D

It's either the "wacky" sims that show up, or it's a bug. If it happens a lot i'd suggest to repair your game or maybe report it to the team.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    ShanShan Posts: 126 Member
    The past few weeks I've had male sims switch to female underwear randomly. This started happening after I made a m2f sim - I don't know if that's related in any way but it's like the game went ''Oh, you like to have your male sims in female clothing? I got this!'' and the end result is male sims in female clothing (usually swimsuits or high heels) and with female voices.
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Why not simply select a new bathing suit in CAS?
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I've been finding this everytime I make a new sim or take played sims into cas, I find the males have a female swim suit. I think its a bug because its been happening since we got toddlers, best to check his outfits in cas. and change it.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I have a male alien that insists on wearing womens heels for every outfit.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    I've been having the same problem. Sims that I make are automatically assigned women's swimsuits. This is unacceptable and needs to be fixed ASAP.
  • Options
    Bronwin2 wrote: »

Because the Devs said it WOULD NOT HAPPEN. How do I keep it from happening again since I didn't give him that item in the first place.

As important as it is for Simmers who want to mix it up with their Sims, it is just as important for those who don't. I am happy that the choice was added. But if it is decided for ME, then I don't have a choice.

Do you get it now?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I had this problem for a short time, only. Now, what I'm facing is when I outfit my toddlers in CAS for bed, suddenly glasses are slapped upon their little faces. No one I know, wears their specs to bed. My hubby will wear his while he's actively watching TV, but when he decides to roll over and go to sleep, the glasses come off. Mine are washed and secured in my clam-shell hard case before I climb into bed. Weird. I do hope both glitches, bugs, or whatever word describes it, shall be fixed and pronto! Annoying, much.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I don't know if it's related, but it's definitely a clothes issue I've experienced: Sims who attend a festival and buy/wear a t-shirt on the spot, seem to delete their regular everyday outfits completely.
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    you must admit he looks quite fetching in that though
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I've had three sims do this. They were new sims in CAS and I hadn't messed with the toggles. Twice with bathing suits, once with a women's party top.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    fabulous.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I've never had my played sims have their outfits changed randomly by the game into something I didn't select for them. Weird.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited February 2017
    Can't say I've noticed it so far, and I pay close attention to as many sims as possible in the current area.
    (But I use mods that fixes a plethora of annoyances, this may be one of those annoyances that got addressed in one of my mods.)
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Hmm. It may be a glitch with the random function. It's ignoring tags, perhaps. I tried going into CAS and hitting full random over and over on a male sim, with swimwear outfit on focus. Most of the swimsuits it gave him were male, but the occasional female appeared. When I went and checked the tags after, they were intact.

So I think the tags are fine, it's just the random function is not discriminating for tags properly. Or maybe there is supposed to be a rare chance of it happening, but the percentage is off?

Pinging @SimGuruNick Is this on the list as a known issue with randomization of outfits? Or is this intended?
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »

That doesn't solve the underlying problem.
  • Options
    fabulous.
    But I don't want him to be fabulous.

• Options
    This is a known issue, not intended.

So then the statement that it won't happen can't be relied on? Please fix this.