Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Vampires Patch Issues

Comments

• Options
    Suffice123Suffice123 Posts: 214 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    My fully transformed vampire constantly has human sleep needs. Her needs bar looks like a vampires, and her vampire energy will be completely full, and yet she often has a "tired" emotion, making her uncomfortable most of the time. She is CONSTANTLY autonomously trying to sleep in bed, nap on benches, etc.
    She is also now having regular energy failures.
    It's hard to do anything about this because, as a vampire, she has no bar showing me when she would need to sleep.
    I can only explain this as still responding like she has human sleep needs without them being visible. I've found about 5 others through Reddit who are currently also experiencing this problem.

Please someone look at this, the energy failures are making the game really unplayable.

Same here. It is kind of tiresome as I end up having to take care of human and Vampire needs (she often needs to use the bathroom, eat regular food in addition to drinking plasma and sleep a lot. I am pretty sure it might be a bug as most of my mods won't conflict with that (that majority of mods are clothing, hair, etc....) and I have some other problems when it comes to the dark form. So far she hadn't have a problem with plasma or that salad; but she has different weaknesses and traits though.

It could definitely be a mod problem. My vampire sims rarely need to sleep at all. A quick Dark meditation here and there and I can keep them up for days. There's a weakness for Vampires that makes them sleep poorly and doesn't replenish their energy as much. Did you happen to pick that? That could be it.

Origin ID: cherrylush
    srLMvZf.gif

• Options
    Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    Hi @Master_Steerpike

We will look into the charges for ingredients you already own.

On the Mikaelson issue one or two follow up questions.

How often is this occurring? Does this happen more more frequently the longer the game is played?

@SimQAMadacat Thanks. Hopefully they can then make recipes with or without ingredients and be charged appropriately.

Actually, I have made a brother and sister (that were turned by Kol Mikaelson) that I am currently playing and have run into the issue of a vampire not feeding on the sim to whom I direct them. Here is something I noticed (hopefully it helps). The male vampire was back from work and standing outside the house socializing with a sim passerby. Since he was thirsty, I queued him to drink from a sim in the household. He ran into the house and then back out to the sim he was socializing with and compelled the drink. So it may be related to them having a drinkable sim already in the queue and not recognizing that a different sim is being targeted. I have noticed (in general) that player commands don't always stick.

• Options
    MoxieAndShadowMoxieAndShadow Posts: 45 Member
    edited February 2017
    🐸🐸🐸🐸!!! I had this problem a while back, and removing my mods folder and getting rid of mods and from scratch getting cc clothing, though thankfully when I downloaded MC Command center it worked and wasn't what was causing the problem, the problem being my vampire sim having both vampire and human sim needs. Anyway, when I had this problem a while back, removing mods etc had worked!! BUT NOW, AFTER TODAY'S FREAKIN' PATCH (Yes I am 🐸🐸🐸🐸!) IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN!!! Except to make it even odder, it is not happening to BOTH VAMPIRES.

Okay .. calming down. (trying to.) My male vampire (he's the one that now has both human sim and vampire needs) has EA vampire skin, but CC sim skin, he has EA hair, but CC eyes, but I know it is NOT any of this because before today's freakin' patch everything was perfect. The ONLY mod I have in my game is MC Command Center and it too was working perfectly for weeks BEFORE TODAY'S DAMM PATCH!!!

(Deep breath.) I noticed it went 'screwy' after I aged him up. BTW I did NOT use a cheat to age him up. I had him cook a cake, add birthday candles and then blow out the candles. (he was a teenager and I wanted him to become a young adult.) His girlfriend I attempted to age up, but after the candles were removed there wasn't an option for her to add birthday candles. So I had her bake her own cake, but still no option to add birthday candles!! SOOOO I had to use a cheat to age her up to a young adult.

What the beep am I suppose to do now??!!! I'm thinking that it has to be because I aged him up. Does this mean that teen vampires are supposed to remain, teenagers unless I use a cheat??!!! I have the game on freakin' pause. I'm going to go freakin' back to it and see if the female teenager that I had used a cheat to age up to young adult also has vampire and human needs. If she doesn't then I know it's because I used a cake to age the male vampire up, and next time I'll use a cheat to age him up instead, 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

You could have freakin' warned us that we'd need a cheat to age up our vampire sims or their needs would go insane!!!

BTW don't be afraid to comment to this, I'm not going to bite anyone's head off, I just needed to blow off some steam. Thanks in advance for your help and I'll let you know if my female vampire has the same problem or not. (she's the one I aged up by cheating.) The male vampire that I aged up by having blowing out birthday candles, he's the one that now has both vampire and sim motives/needs.

The worst part was I was recording this for a Sims 4 story I want to upload to YouTube. I had already saved OVER him blowing out his candles because I didn't know it ruined everything. Which means I'd have to start recording all over again. Don't ya just love patches? I don't!!

UPDATE: I'm not sure, but I just thought of something else it could be. I forgot that I had used the MC Command Center to 'no age up', BUT I thought I had done it on her, not him, but maybe I had done it on both of them. Um, never mind, if that's the problem then her needs would be messed up too and she seems fine. I'll play her for a few minutes to make sure, and if she's still fine then I'm obviously going to have to delete my videos and start over again. From scratch. Which actually might not be a bad thing, because the sound was a little off in some of the video's I edited. Not sure why, but it seems that the shorter the video the better the sound and animation match then I can edit together using bandicam. I don't know why I'm telling you this. Talk about calming down lol
  • Options
    MoxieAndShadowMoxieAndShadow Posts: 45 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @MoxieAndShadow
    Other simmers are having the same issue. There is a workaround for the issue in the second post of this AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-V-Vampires-still-have-human-needs/td-p/5842823

ROSEMOW I LOVE YOU!! The work-around mentioned in the thread you left the link to worked perfectly!! THANK YOU!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello @MoxieAndShadow
    Other simmers are having the same issue. There is a workaround for the issue in the second post of this AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-V-Vampires-still-have-human-needs/td-p/5842823

ROSEMOW I LOVE YOU!! The work-around mentioned in the thread you left the link to worked perfectly!! THANK YOU!!

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    The fact the Vampires won't get out of the sun is the most pressing issue. My main Vamp Sim came home from work and almost burned to death before I noticed. Just barely caught it in time. This is an ongoing and widespread issue. They don't react to sunlight at all, even though it is killing them.

Plama packs/fruit/recipes could use some tuning, because they restore so little thirst that they aren't really worth using at this point. I don't need them to be as effective as drinking form a sim, but at least make them viable as a quick-fix substitute.

BUG: when vampires age up to teen, they are still getting negative moodlets from human needs(that vampires don't have). The bars all show as vampire needs, but htey still have bladder/hunger moodlets in addition. Basically they are getting all of the downsides to being a vamp, with none of the advantages. I haven't aged a teen to YA yet to see if this issue persists.
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    This is just a suggestion, but I think that "Rally the Troops" club perk should restore some thirst, because it is supposed to be a powerful perk, and currently it does nothing at all for vampires.
  • Options
    meubanks wrote: »
    The fact the Vampires won't get out of the sun is the most pressing issue. My main Vamp Sim came home from work and almost burned to death before I noticed. Just barely caught it in time. This is an ongoing and widespread issue. They don't react to sunlight at all, even though it is killing them.

Plama packs/fruit/recipes could use some tuning, because they restore so little thirst that they aren't really worth using at this point. I don't need them to be as effective as drinking form a sim, but at least make them viable as a quick-fix substitute.

BUG: when vampires age up to teen, they are still getting negative moodlets from human needs(that vampires don't have). The bars all show as vampire needs, but htey still have bladder/hunger moodlets in addition. Basically they are getting all of the downsides to being a vamp, with none of the advantages. I haven't aged a teen to YA yet to see if this issue persists.

Hello
    There is a workaround for the third issue on this AHQ EA site thread
  • Options
    BELLABOO96BELLABOO96 Posts: 4 New Member
    Is anyone having a clash with vampires and city living? My food stalls seem to hire vampires during daylight hours and the game lets them burn to death in the communal area.
  • Options
    BELLABOO96 wrote: »
    Is anyone having a clash with vampires and city living? My food stalls seem to hire vampires during daylight hours and the game lets them burn to death in the communal area.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-NPC-Vampires-stay-out-in-the-sun-too-long/m-p/5851121#U5851121
  • Options
    mlrlts1967mlrlts1967 Posts: 19 New Member
    I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, so I apologize ahead of time. I can't seem to figure out how to start a new discussion on my phone.

I have a young adult human male and a young adult vampire female in a relationship, moved in together, and I do not see the "propose" option for marriage. Their relationship is maxed out both in friendly and romantic. Anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    Also, they don't work together and they did exchange promise rings as teens.
    I've tried having both of them initiate the proposal but the button isn't there at all.

Yes, I have cc, but haven't added anything new. And I know it was working with another relationship I had with other sims the other day. So it must be something with these two particular sims.
  • Options
    After reading other posts about the issue, I should have clarified, my sims are not even engaged yet. The button doesn't show up.
  • Options
    mlrlts1967 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, so I apologize ahead of time. I can't seem to figure out how to start a new discussion on my phone.

I have a young adult human male and a young adult vampire female in a relationship, moved in together, and I do not see the "propose" option for marriage. Their relationship is maxed out both in friendly and romantic. Anyone else having this issue?

Hello @mlrlts
    Try having your sims use the " just be friends " interaction, then build up their relationships again until the option to propose appears.

There is also an issue with vampires getting married after they are engaged. There is a workaround in this AHQ EA thread if you have issues then
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-V-Vampires-Can-t-get-Married-through-wedding-arch/m-p/5843849#M33493
  • Options

Hello @mlrlts
    Try having your sims use the " just be friends " interaction, then build up their relationships again until the option to propose appears.

The first solution worked! Thank you!

• Options

Hello @mlrlts

The first solution worked! Thank you!

• Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited February 2017
    I am having a problem on community lots for some reason vlad keeps trying to break in to the lot , and it says i can't travel while there a break in. this was in the Karaoke bar in the fashion district he was using the creepy walk i took a picture but don't know how to post on here.
  • Options
    I am having a problem on community lots for some reason vlad keeps trying to break in to the lot , and it says i can't travel while there a break in. this was in the Karaoke bar in the fashion district he was using the creepy walk i took a picture but don't know how to post on here.

Hello
    This thread on the AHQ EA site refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Vampire-breaking-in-on-community-lots/m-p/5843293#M33431
    Try talking to him, and then you may be able to travel home.
    Some simmers have found that if you use the option to invite him to your home then that will allow your sim to travel.
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    Anyone else have some sort of block while trying to max out Vampire Lore? I've rebooted, repaired, etc.. it doesn't seem to work for me. I can get the first tome and a few levels but then it tells me the computer can't give me more info and to buy the second tome.. which I can't.. Ideas?
  • Options
    Anyone else have some sort of block while trying to max out Vampire Lore? I've rebooted, repaired, etc.. it doesn't seem to work for me. I can get the first tome and a few levels but then it tells me the computer can't give me more info and to buy the second tome.. which I can't.. Ideas?

Hello @sixdeadqueens
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    If you still have issues, try selling the computer and buying a new one and see if that helps.
  • Options
    No mods or CC! I did try getting a new computer to no avail.. I may just have to hunt down a cheat code to get past the rest of the levels.. LOL..
  • Options
    No mods or CC! I did try getting a new computer to no avail.. I may just have to hunt down a cheat code to get past the rest of the levels.. LOL..

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Try having your sim travel to another lot and back, then test and see if the issue remains.

Try seeing if using a computer at the library may help.

If the issue remains, this is a list of vampire pack cheats.
    http://sims-online.com/sims-4-vampires-cheats-powers-skills/
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I'll try these suggestions first! I like the struggle/slow gains, so don't do cheats unless it's something like this. Lemme see if these take care of it!
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I'll try these suggestions first! I like the struggle/slow gains, so don't do cheats unless it's something like this. Lemme see if these take care of it!