Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Vampires Patch Issues

Comments

• Options
    ValandraValandra Posts: 3 New Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    The problem with the plasma fruit salad I find, is if you have the sloppy drinker weakness (Before anyone says I won't change it - I'm not willing to accept the alternative weaknesses to the ones I've got) it barely adds to the thirst replenishment, and as they take so long to eat food in this game it's going down as it goes back up - not worth it.

I tested this and saw the same behavior. Then I had one of my newly-turned vampires eat a serving and the result was as expected--reduced thirst need and because the quality of the salad was excellent, she got a positive moodlet from it. Next I gave the other teen vamp the Withered Stomach weakness and had her try a serving. She vomited. So it appears that only vampires who don't have the Withered Stomach weakness can eat the plasma fruit salad.

If the plasma fruit salad is a vampire dish, I think that all vampires should be able to eat it.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Valandra wrote: »
    The problem with the plasma fruit salad I find, is if you have the sloppy drinker weakness (Before anyone says I won't change it - I'm not willing to accept the alternative weaknesses to the ones I've got) it barely adds to the thirst replenishment, and as they take so long to eat food in this game it's going down as it goes back up - not worth it.

I tested this and saw the same behavior. Then I had one of my newly-turned vampires eat a serving and the result was as expected--reduced thirst need and because the quality of the salad was excellent, she got a positive moodlet from it. Next I gave the other teen vamp the Withered Stomach weakness and had her try a serving. She vomited. So it appears that only vampires who don't have the Withered Stomach weakness can eat the plasma fruit salad.

If the plasma fruit salad is a vampire dish, I think that all vampires should be able to eat it.

Hello
    SimGuruNinja has talked about the plasma fruit salad in this link post
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15525464/#Comment_15525464
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    @sixdeadqueens Make sure your vampire Sim re-reads the first tome and keeps researching lore on the computer even if they have exhausted it (ignore that message). Ask a more advanced vampire for training, and also spar with them whenever possible. Use every option available, including Dark Meditation. Before you know it, the second, and then the third tome will open. Don't forget the use the powers you give them.
  • Options
    ValandraValandra Posts: 3 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Valandra wrote: »

Hello
    SimGuruNinja has talked about the plasma fruit salad in this link post
    <link removed: I'm too new to the forum to post links>#Comment_15525464

I see that, thanks. But, if plasma salad is still considered a "human food", why does it make regular non-Occult sims vomit from eating food that contains plasma fruit? I tested and this happens in my game too. I don't have Dine Out installed, so it's not specific to that game pack. If it's by design, the design appears to be that plasma salad is not a human food, but for vampires with the Withered Stomach trait, it might as well be. I'm OK with that, but the confusion and thinking that it is a bug are understandable.
  • Options
    CíalaCíala Posts: 5 New Member
    I didn't know where to post this problem but I'll just post it here lol

So I started playing sims on my moms laptop and i made a household that i really liked and uploaded onto the gallery. But now i have to play sims on my dads laptop and I wanted to download my household from my moms laptop from the gallery and its not there. Its also on the same origin account.

Plz plz help if you know what to do.
    Thank you x
  • Options
    Cíala wrote: »
    I didn't know where to post this problem but I'll just post it here lol

So I started playing sims on my moms laptop and i made a household that i really liked and uploaded onto the gallery. But now i have to play sims on my dads laptop and I wanted to download my household from my moms laptop from the gallery and its not there. Its also on the same origin account.

Plz plz help if you know what to do.
    Thank you x

Hello @Ciala
    Did you upload it just to your library, but not to the community section of the gallery? The files of the sims that you just upload to the library are kept in the tray folder in the Sims 4 folder on the particular computer. It would be best to upload the household to the community section of the gallery, then you can download it onto the other computer.
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Revenwyn wrote: »
    Revenwyn wrote: »
    @rosemow That didn't seem to help. I'm going to save and completely exit the game. Gotta go to bed anyway, it's 2:30 AM here. I'll see if that worked when I go back into the game.

Good night :) If you continue to find that they are not producing harvest, try going into build mode and move the planter boxes to another position. Then wait a few sims days and see if the fruit appears.

I had to actually take them out of the planter boxes and wait a couple of days.

Just as I said in my answer. Glad it helped you too.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    kraziefox wrote: »

100% Failure for 'Drain Life Spirit' & 'Compel ...'

Two different save games, two completely seperate sims yet same issue ... both Vampires are Grand Masters, have ALL skills maxed (every skill in game, including 'Vampire Lore' to 15) - all Vampire skills maxed (except 'Dampened Emotions'), does NOT have 'Day Phobia' or 'Undead Aura', they are both 'Garlic Immune' and have all the Aspirations maxed (including the 3 new Vampire Aspirations) - they are úber powerful vampires, yet the ONLY way to get plasma from Sims is to ASK nicely ... 0_0

Either that or stick to a Plasma Pack/fruit diet ... ALL sims, even zero - skilled townies, Resist my Sims attempts. I even try to 'Deprive Needs' to 'weaken' them, but 100% failure in any attempt to drink from a Sim, unless I befriend them & ask (which isn't a huge issue, as I have maxed Charisma) but ... they are SUPPOSED to be Vampires ... can you imagine vampires in any movie having to ask permission?

"Excuse me, dear chap, would you mind awfully if I were to drink your blood - I'm terribly famished"

I paid for Vampires, can I have Vampires please?

Additionally I have the Vampire Skill 'Control Emotion' 3/3 ... yet still do not have the option to control emotions ...

Any chance of FIXING Vampires, please?

I'm having same issue and my sister ....
    I think it's glitch because I could drink from them just yesterday and I bought another small stuff pack today, when I started play I couldn't "compel" or "Drain their life spirit". Everyone in the Town is resisted.

tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Alira wrote: »
    kraziefox wrote: »

100% Failure for 'Drain Life Spirit' & 'Compel ...'

Two different save games, two completely seperate sims yet same issue ... both Vampires are Grand Masters, have ALL skills maxed (every skill in game, including 'Vampire Lore' to 15) - all Vampire skills maxed (except 'Dampened Emotions'), does NOT have 'Day Phobia' or 'Undead Aura', they are both 'Garlic Immune' and have all the Aspirations maxed (including the 3 new Vampire Aspirations) - they are úber powerful vampires, yet the ONLY way to get plasma from Sims is to ASK nicely ... 0_0

Either that or stick to a Plasma Pack/fruit diet ... ALL sims, even zero - skilled townies, Resist my Sims attempts. I even try to 'Deprive Needs' to 'weaken' them, but 100% failure in any attempt to drink from a Sim, unless I befriend them & ask (which isn't a huge issue, as I have maxed Charisma) but ... they are SUPPOSED to be Vampires ... can you imagine vampires in any movie having to ask permission?

"Excuse me, dear chap, would you mind awfully if I were to drink your blood - I'm terribly famished"

I paid for Vampires, can I have Vampires please?

Additionally I have the Vampire Skill 'Control Emotion' 3/3 ... yet still do not have the option to control emotions ...

Any chance of FIXING Vampires, please?

I'm having same issue and my sister ....
    I think it's glitch because I could drink from them just yesterday and I bought another small stuff pack today, when I started play I couldn't "compel" or "Drain their life spirit". Everyone in the Town is resisted.

Hello @Alira

You may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Grand-Master-Vampires-can-no-longer-compel-Sims-for-a/m-p/5857062#U5857062
  • Options
    Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    Another issue which comes up is that when a regular sim makes a group meal and calls the household to the meal, vampires in the household also grab a plate - which then makes them sick. I suggest the various foods in the game be flagged as being vampire or non-vampire and only the appropriate sim takes from such a meal.

@SimQAMadacat
  • Options
    SimQAMadacatSimQAMadacat Posts: 51 SimQA
    @Master_Steerpike Thanks for the Report. We will look into it.
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    Just recently i started playing with vampires. One sim was a vampire and one wasn't. I got them to have kids. 3 in total. The first and second ons here vampires but the last one wasn't. Anyways when the vampires where toddler they had white eyes and when they aged up they had white eyes for the first few days. Then they turned for one green and the other one brown. I went into cas to change them and i did but when i clicked play they where still that colour. So now i can't change them into any vampire colours. Is this a bug or not? I don't think it could be my mods but i never checked. But before it was and it literally just happened. Also it doesn't seem to be happening to the adult. Is this a bug or not? Has this happened to anyone else? If it's a bug where should i report it? Anything i can do about it?
    I checked and its definitely not of my mods.
    @rosemow @SimQAMadacat @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruNick Can you help?
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    Just recently i started playing with vampires. One sim was a vampire and one wasn't. I got them to have kids. 3 in total. The first and second ons here vampires but the last one wasn't. Anyways when the vampires where toddler they had white eyes and when they aged up they had white eyes for the first few days. Then they turned for one green and the other one brown. I went into cas to change them and i did but when i clicked play they where still that colour. So now i can't change them into any vampire colours. Is this a bug or not? I don't think it could be my mods but i never checked. But before it was and it literally just happened. Also it doesn't seem to be happening to the adult. Is this a bug or not? Has this happened to anyone else? If it's a bug where should i report it? Anything i can do about it?
    I checked and its definitely not of my mods.
    @rosemow @SimQAMadacat @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruNick Can you help?

Hello
    If you havent already done this, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game, and see if the issue remains.

If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    LacedMetalLacedMetal Posts: 75 Member
    Has anyone else had issues placing the Ornate Victorian Roof Line (spandrel) onto curved sections? I have tried this both with, and without mods and it happens both ways. I use these a lot in my builds, so long as it doesn't curve. It'd be nice to be able to fully utilize this beautiful item.

glitch_by_lace_and_metal-dazs3ay.png?1
  • Options
    @rosemow Alas, to no avail.
  • Options
    LacedMetal wrote: »
    @rosemow Alas, to no avail.

BryonyRae is very helpful with building issues. It would be good to post on the build feedback thread that she runs, and she may be able to help you with using the spandrel. The link to the thread is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787346/build-mode-feedback-for-ea-updated-12-2-16#latest
  • Options
    @rosemow Ever a gem. Thank you for being your awesome self. :heart:
  • Options
    CptJayneCptJayne Posts: 11 New Member
    Something I've noticed in regard to Plasma Packs is that if I have game generated ones (from mail, Vlad, or computer order) they are used when I 'click to Auto-solve' for caring for my Sim's thirst. Which is fine and how they should work. However, the ones I create from frogs and fish will not activate on the auto-solve. My vampire waves her hands above her head, calls me a Plum, and insists she has nothing to slake her thirst. Same with the stacks of plasma fruit she carries. They only work when I manually select "Drink." My thoughts are that if one type of pack is working in a certain way, they all should?
  • Options
    HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    All except for one of my employees at my restaurant became vampires with the new vampire pack. When I "Open" my restaurant, only the non-vampire employee shows up and the other ones are nowhere to be found. Anyone know a solution?

Hello
    The other employees may have been culled. To prevent this occurring, hire some new employees, then go to manage households, and find the sims you have employed. Move them into a home in the game. Don't play the household.
    If the sims though are still in the game and haven't been culled, fire the sims through the phone and hire new employees .

This way, the employees will be gone from the list of employees. I've tried it once and my employee is gone from my list. She was a great employee :(. There must be a better solution, right? Perhaps to fix the bug where we can't hire specific sims for our business?
  • Options
    Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    edited February 2017
    @SimQAMadacat

Couple of other issues:

"Share Vampire Knowledge" should not be autonomous as it can affect things in ways the player doesn't want. So if you guys can turn off autonomy on that interaction, then it would help players to control the way vampires are circulating in their game.

Please get rid of psychic sim abilities. What do I mean by that? You have a sim in a room all alone and the player queues a vampire to compel a drink and it is not uncommon for other sims in the house to "See What's Happening." If they aren't in the room when it happens, then they should be clueless that it happens.
  • Options
    StarWhispersStarWhispers Posts: 45 Member
    My girl in the sims 4 was abducted. She has been gone for 4 in game sims days now. I did not know she had been abducted at first and thought she was at work because it happened before she had work that morning. Since I was busy with the father and toddler I did not notice and I saved over the game... Because of that I can not just reload that saved game. I tried to teleport her to her home but that did nothing. I contacted support and they said I should post here again as a bug...
  • Options
    My girl in the sims 4 was abducted. She has been gone for 4 in game sims days now. I did not know she had been abducted at first and thought she was at work because it happened before she had work that morning. Since I was busy with the father and toddler I did not notice and I saved over the game... Because of that I can not just reload that saved game. I tried to teleport her to her home but that did nothing. I contacted support and they said I should post here again as a bug...

Hello @StarWhispers
    I am sorry that you have this issue.
    Try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version. These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • Options
    StarWhispersStarWhispers Posts: 45 Member

Hello @StarWhispers
    I am sorry that you have this issue.
    Try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version. These links explain how to do that.

I can not roll my game back. That is the point :) I already contacted EA support and this is considered an unsolvable bug. If there was a way to actually fix this then one of those awesome customer support technicians who deal with these issues on a regular basis would have figured it out. But they said it was escalated and to post here again :) Also please stop posting links in replies to me. I do not like it as external links can be used as click bait. Thank you very much :)