Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Vampires Patch Issues

Comments

• Options
    MasterPoacher1MasterPoacher1 Posts: 2 New Member

I have an issue with my Vampire Sim a problem about the Energy, I have the 3/3 of the Energy Optimization upgrade but my energy drains so fast that I can only wake up drink someone's blood and get to bed. (As long as I don't use any power, The energy will be fine.)

Then an Issue with Vampires: I invite a Vampire Sim to my house at night, and it appears they are sleeping. (Even though they should be awake at night.)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    I have an issue with my Vampire Sim a problem about the Energy, I have the 3/3 of the Energy Optimization upgrade but my energy drains so fast that I can only wake up drink someone's blood and get to bed. (As long as I don't use any power, The energy will be fine.)

Then an Issue with Vampires: I invite a Vampire Sim to my house at night, and it appears they are sleeping. (Even though they should be awake at night.)

Hello
    Is the energy bar levels remaining high but your sim is getting tired? Or is the energy bar level draining /dropping very rapidly?
  • Options

Hello
    Is the energy bar levels remaining high but your sim is getting tired? Or is the energy bar level draining /dropping very rapidly?
  • Options
    MasterPoacher1MasterPoacher1 Posts: 2 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

Is Draining very Rapidly...
  • Options

Hello

Is Draining very Rapidly...

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there.
    If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    JuylyenneJuylyenne Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a problem where my vampire sim turned her two siblings into vampires but they don't have the Offspring relation. Possibly because they have the brother/sister relation? I can't be sure because I swear when I first turned them I checked the rleation and it immediately had the Offspring relation tag. It seems to have gone away, but I can't say when. All I know is they are vampires now and they don't show her as their master.
  • Options
    Juylyenne wrote: »
    I have a problem where my vampire sim turned her two siblings into vampires but they don't have the Offspring relation. Possibly because they have the brother/sister relation? I can't be sure because I swear when I first turned them I checked the rleation and it immediately had the Offspring relation tag. It seems to have gone away, but I can't say when. All I know is they are vampires now and they don't show her as their master.

Hello
    I am not sure if they still have offspring relation if they are siblings or not. There may be other simmers whose vampire sims have turned their siblings and will post if they have the offspring relation.
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    edited February 2017
    Child vampire eyes keep reverting to regular colors even using fulleditmode to change them back they revert to some old color.
    She had them glowing as a toddler but as a kid she randomly lost them

Also teeth sometimes randomly change out of nowhere. One minute they have fangs, the next frankenteeth (This seems to sometimes happen with adults as well.)

List of bugs editing your sim if they have a darkform is HUGE!
    Long list short
    Can't change a plumed thing and have it keep the changes.
    And even without a darkform she shall forever be stuck with purple lips
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    Fiever7 wrote: »
    Child vampire eyes keep reverting to regular colors even using fulleditmode to change them back they revert to some old color.

Also teeth sometimes randomly change out of nowhere. One minute they have fangs, the next frankenteeth (This seems to sometimes happen with adults as well.)

Long list short

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Long list short

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

See this is the interesting part. I was able to add a darkform to another sim with 0 issues and able to edit another sim's dark and non dark form with 0 issues. go on the the child and the parent of that one and NOPE once you delete darkform she got stuck... heck her darkform got stuck period.

Only mod I use is the no fatness mod mainly so eating a bag of doritos doesn't turn to +50lbs magically.

EDIT: Annnnd it wasn't the mod. still nothing changed.
    I have even repaired and all that fine jazz
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options

Long list short

Hello

See this is the interesting part. I was able to add a darkform to another sim with 0 issues and able to edit another sim's dark and non dark form with 0 issues. go on the the child and the parent of that one and NOPE once you delete darkform she got stuck... heck her darkform got stuck period.

Only mod I use is the no fatness mod mainly so eating a bag of doritos doesn't turn to +50lbs magically.

Try resetting the sims and see if that may help. Try testing by having the sims travel to another lot and back and then see if that helps in cas.
  • Options

Long list short

Hello

Try resetting the sims and see if that may help. Try testing by having the sims travel to another lot and back and then see if that helps in cas.

nothing
    In fact it highlighted another issue. she cannot change clothing either.
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options

Long list short

Hello

nothing

There sounds like there is an issue with that particular sim :( I am sorry.
  • Options

Long list short

Hello

nothing

It's alright. you tried.
    -_- I might need a break from this game though since in the past week I had to restart 3-4 times already.
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options

Long list short

Hello

nothing

It's alright. you tried.
    -_- I might need a break from this game though since in the past week I had to restart 3-4 times already.

Perhaps repairing the game and resetting the sims 4 folder may help with your game issues.
    To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    To reset the sims 4 folder , move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    chiastallonchiastallon Posts: 5 New Member
    I was having an issue with my vampire always wanting to sleep when there energy bar was full, that has seem to disappear and now he's constantly drinking his plasma packs one after an other and doesn't stop. I had removed my mods and cc played the game for 4 day mods and cc free and still the same thing. I started a new game mods and cc free and my vampire all day long just keeps on drinking his plasma packs been playing this new game for 2 days now....Also after the new patch in February the puppet theater and the writing book doesn't work, sims have no interactions with it, has to be a bug.....
  • Options
    I was having an issue with my vampire always wanting to sleep when there energy bar was full, that has seem to disappear and now he's constantly drinking his plasma packs one after an other and doesn't stop. I had removed my mods and cc played the game for 4 day mods and cc free and still the same thing. I started a new game mods and cc free and my vampire all day long just keeps on drinking his plasma packs been playing this new game for 2 days now....Also after the new patch in February the puppet theater and the writing book doesn't work, sims have no interactions with it, has to be a bug.....

Hello
    With the puppet theatre and writing books issues, try selling the theatre and the computer and buying a new ones and see if that helps.
    With him having the plasma packs, is his thirst level bar also low?
  • Options
    LisCatLisCat Posts: 21 New Member
    Not sure if this is where to post, I've never posted on the forums before. I'm having problems with one of my vampire sims. I currently have two games running with vampires. The first, both sims in the household are grand master vamps, have no problems at all. The second one that I just started has one sim, she's my first klepto, which itself leads to another bug issue, but she just reached grand master and is now unable to compel to drink. Any fixes on the horizon? Thanks.
  • Options
    LisCat wrote: »
    Not sure if this is where to post, I've never posted on the forums before. I'm having problems with one of my vampire sims. I currently have two games running with vampires. The first, both sims in the household are grand master vamps, have no problems at all. The second one that I just started has one sim, she's my first klepto, which itself leads to another bug issue, but she just reached grand master and is now unable to compel to drink. Any fixes on the horizon? Thanks.

Hello @LisCat
    Other simmers have had this issue
    You may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Grand-Master-Vampires-can-no-longer-compel-Sims-for-a/td-p/5857062
  • Options
    InfinityCosmoInfinityCosmo Posts: 2 New Member
    I came across a couple of issues. My vampire sims do not autonomically drink from other sims. Never seen it happen. I need to do it myself everytime if they are really thirsty (Idk why) because there is that option to pick that your vampire when they are thirsty won't automatically drink from other sims which IMO is useless because they don't do it. As another one is that when I put the powers to have energy not going down it goes down as fast as normally. There is no difference. Caleb vampire that is already in game does not lose ANY energy but all of the vampires I use lose it fast and I need to make them to sleep often.
  • Options
    I came across a couple of issues. My vampire sims do not autonomically drink from other sims. Never seen it happen. I need to do it myself everytime if they are really thirsty (Idk why) because there is that option to pick that your vampire when they are thirsty won't automatically drink from other sims which IMO is useless because they don't do it. As another one is that when I put the powers to have energy not going down it goes down as fast as normally. There is no difference. Caleb vampire that is already in game does not lose ANY energy but all of the vampires I use lose it fast and I need to make them to sleep often.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you @Master_Steerpike The information is helpful. We will look into the issues. You should be able to upload the Michelson's even if their powers are developed.

Do I have to edit them in CAS to be able to save them to gallery completed and then share them or is there another way?

@SimQAMadacat I have uploaded my save file. Hopefully you can use it to track down the problems. Let me know if you got it.

Thanks for the Save @Master_Steerpike. Editing them in CAS, then uploading the Sim is the way I do it as well.

@SimQAMadacat You are welcome for the save and I have uploaded the Mikaelson's to the gallery. Feel free to Maxi's curate them. :)

I have noticed a design inconsistency which you can bring to the attention of whoever is making the patch.

When Sims want to either make a meal (from the refrigerator) or a drink (at the bar) they normally only have to pay the simoleans, but with the plasma fruit recipes (and the other vampire recipes) they have to pay the simoleans and have the ingredients in their inventory. If they have the ingredients, then they shouldn't have to pay simoleans since they have what they need.

Proposed solution: If the sim has the ingredients, then they don't get charged. If they don't have the ingredients, then they get charged but should then still be able to make the recipe. This should be consistently applied to vampire and non-vampire sims.

• Options
    SimQAMadacatSimQAMadacat Posts: 51 SimQA

Hi @Master_Steerpike

We will look into the charges for ingredients you already own.

On the Mikaelson issue one or two follow up questions.

How often is this occurring? Does this happen more more frequently the longer the game is played?
  • Options
    Suffice123Suffice123 Posts: 214 Member
    This thread is for communicating with the developers regarding issues in The Sims 4 Vampires that you think can/should be addressed in a patch. Where possible it is advisable to give examples from your gameplay to make it easier for QA to figure out how to address the issues from a coding standpoint.

@SimGuruDrake Would you be kind enough to pin this thread so the developers can keep an eye on it?

@SimGuruNinja As you are actually part of the team that developed this product, your feedback participation would also be appreciated by customers posting here.
    @SimGuruNick
    @SimQAMadacat

I will start with some things I noticed in gameplay:

While it is true that vampires go to a day job fine, they do not handle returning fine. I have two vampires in my current household (Elijah and Rebekah Mikaelson) in the business career path. They get home at 5:00 PM and just stand outside in the sun. The AI should have them get inside as soon as possible not have them standing out there getting their Vampire Energy motive drained.

Proposed Fix: Have vampires enter their home when getting back from work.

One of my vampire's (Kol Mikaelson) unlocked plasma fruit salad and I thought this would be a good way to help them keep their thirst motive in good shape. I had Kol prepare a group meal of plasma fruit salad and when Rebekah was directed to eat it she started acting like she was eating normal sim food (Withered Stomach weakness). Since it is a plasma fruit product, it is supposed to be vampire friendly - it wasn't. Another sim in household (standard sim - human) also tried eating the plasma fruit salad and had a similar reaction. According to the game, plasma fruit salad is not for vampires or human sims. This needs to be fixed.

Speaking of the thirst motive, short of them having plasma packs in their inventory - they don't take care of this need themselves (at home). This household has four vampires (Niklaus, Elijah, Rebekah and Kol Mikaelson) and four humans for them to drink from and they do not do it autonomously. This is a basic sim need and sims are supposed to take care of themselves in such areas.

Possible proposed fixes: Have them autonomously drink from available sims and/or bring back plasma juice as a quick meal in the refrigerator as The Sims 3.

How about this hierarchy? If there is a sim available to drink from, then the vampire autonomously drinks. If there is no available sim to drink from and they know how to make plasma fruit salad (vampire friendly), then they make themselves that autonomously. If they do not know how to make plasma fruit salad, then have some form of plasma juice available in the refrigerator.

How about adding thirst replenishment when the vampire is at work?

It also turns out that vampires do not autonomously use the homemade plasma packs - this should be changed so they use them as they do the ordered version of the plasma packs.

Our vampires also lack the ability to show hospitality to visiting vampires. Caleb drops in from time to time and it would be nice to be able to offer him something to tend his thirst need.

Another thing I noticed was that this game pack did not add to the in-game help files - there is nothing in "Live Mode" regarding vampires.

Fellow simmers, if you have other things to add to this, by all means do so. Let's make this thread a one stop place for the developers to check to see what needs to be addressed in The Sims 4 Vampires game pack.

I personally do not want my vampires to walk inside after work. That's my job to do. And how will that affect other times when they are in the sun? I make my vampires if they're hungry enough Vampire run to a human to drink their blood then hurry and make them run back inside. I actually saw one of my vampires die after she walked outside after invading someones privacy (I didn't know at the time she'd walked outside) but next thing I know she's roasting and the Reaper showed up My other vampire walked outside into the sun to plead for her and what do you know he gave my dead vampire her life back. First time he'd ever did that for me. There's a very simple solution for that which is after your vampire goes to work just click inside the house and click go here and they'll walk right inside after they get home. Takes away the fun of making the potions if they just walk inside all the time. And there is a potion with the right Mixology skill you can make so they can stand in the sun.

I haven't had the chance of making plasma fruit salad but it is a salad. Maybe it has some human food in it but it affects the Withered Stomach vampires. Mine seem to drink the Plasma Janes from the bar just fine.

I also don't think drinking from Sims autonomously would be fun at all. I like to feed my vampires. And unless you have autonomously on I don't think vampires should do anything the human sims don't do. We're supposed to take care of them. I mean that is the whole point of the game. Now if they did make them drink on their own Irresistible Thirst would be taken away. Got to kind of remember this is Sims and everything can't be done for us in game. It'd be boring.

Origin ID: cherrylush
    srLMvZf.gif

• Options
    Suffice123Suffice123 Posts: 214 Member
    To everyone with vampires requiring sleep, bladder, etc. Are you using mods? I see some of you are but others didn't mention. I haven't had this problem yet so might possibly be mod related. (or i'm lucky so far)

I use mods but my vampires don't require sleep. Just energy and mine don't have to use the restroom. I just make them do it out of habit :D

Origin ID: cherrylush
    srLMvZf.gif