Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will sims ever use couches again?

Comments

• Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I was having this issue, but my game seems to be fixed now. I've noticed since the last patch that I'm not having the problem quite as often.

For me too, it seems to be fixed for those Sims that eat something. If you tell them to go watch TV while eating they will sit down. Otherwise they won't.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    My sims don't sit. I can live with my controlled sims not doing it as I can add an extra queue item. It's the non controlled sims that annoy me. Just another little irritating bug to add to the nest.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Did the gurus even acknowledge this bug at all? It's not exactly a subtle one that can wait months to be fixed, it's really annoying. That and the undo button on CAS resetting the camera every time.
    BabySquare wrote: »
    If they refuse to sit to watch tv it is possible that the couch is too far away.

Highly doubt that's the problem since my sims' couch is pretty close to the TV and they never sit down to watch it unless I tell them to. It's the same with sitting down at tables to eat. It's also not a coincidence that this started happening to a lot of people after the toddler patch, so it's most definitely a bug.
  • Options
    Did the gurus even acknowledge this bug at all? It's not exactly a subtle one that can wait months to be fixed, it's really annoying. That and the undo button on CAS resetting the camera every time.
    If they refuse to sit to watch tv it is possible that the couch is too far away.

Highly doubt that's the problem since my sims' couch is pretty close to the TV and they never sit down to watch it unless I tell them to. It's the same with sitting down at tables to eat. It's also not a coincidence that this started happening to a lot of people after the toddler patch, so it's most definitely a bug.

Snarl, hiss, growl.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    stolenunderstolenunder Posts: 2 New Member
    Agreed, searched on here to to see if this was common. Been playing on my same house for the past few weeks and they NEVER sit on either of my nice couches right in front of the TV, none of them do (playing multiplayer games, just watching TV, etc). I have to always command them, which isn't bad, but it really does break immersion and make it more tedious. It's just annoying watching them watch TV standing up every single time. In my own defense though, I've done that too (but nowhere near as often as them).

I also noticed this was around the last patch as well... I'm pretty sure, or the one before this last one.

Also... please fix the fridge thing. So tired of making a Sim eat and they ignore the many bar stools, dining chairs, couches... anything, just to STAND AND EAT IN FRONT OF THE FRIDGE, and block every other Sim for 30+ minutes.

:(

Still.... love this game.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it a bug. Sims can be dumb, you have to tell them everything sometimes. If you want them to watch a movie as a group, make them a group and tell them to sit and watch together.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it a bug. Sims can be dumb, you have to tell them everything sometimes. If you want them to watch a movie as a group, make them a group and tell them to sit and watch together.

But it did work before the toddler patch just fine (they sat down for every interaction with the TV), indicating that it is in fact a bug. Something that worked before but doesn't do so later.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member

This is a bug with the recent patch though.
  • Options
    SchnoodlezSchnoodlez Posts: 2 New Member
    I've noticed this as well. I usually just command them to sit once they're watching TV or playing a game and they'll multi-task.
  • Options

What about NPC sims not under your control? So all your friends stand up when you invite em round for a movie? :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,094 Member
    I've noticed this too and I have the base game no cc but I do have a lighting mod.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member

Making a group, just so sims will sit down and watch a movie together, would be tedious IMO. Sims were able to do this action perfectly well at one point, but is now off and on for players across the board. Besides, if a player doesn't have GT then they can't make a group anyways.

It is a bug, for some at the very least, that needs to be addressed in the next patch.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    megiare wrote: »

Making a group, just so sims will sit down and watch a movie together, would be tedious IMO. Sims were able to do this action perfectly well at one point, but is now off and on for players across the board. Besides, if a player doesn't have GT then they can't make a group anyways.

It is a bug, for some at the very least, that needs to be addressed in the next patch.

Agreed. Further, I use groups to separate selected sims from a crowd.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    v12creator wrote: »
    Just tell them to sit down.

My sims on the other hand have the annoying habit of insteading of going to the table to eat, they sit on the eletric-keyboard bench to eat, WHO DOES THAT ? **looks at sandwich plate besides laptop** THAT PROOVES NOTHING.

Same to me.
    Words are soul's image
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Indeed, they sit more often to watch TV when the couch is nearer. They never sit for the gaming console.

• Options
    DoubleSJosseDoubleSJosse Posts: 44 Member
    I notice after I had redecorated my livingroom that they stod up instead of sitting down on the sofa. But after I but the sofa a bit closer to the TV that would sit down again. So I bevbelive if the sofa is 3 or more squares away from the TV they somethime will stand up instead. But I do want this to be fixed, so you do not have to put the furnitures so close togeter.
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    It's such an annoying bug, which usually I cannot be bothered to fix by asking them to sit down. I gotta say, I love the title of this post though.
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    What if you order them to sit? That might work
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited February 2017
    pinkish wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Mine sit on couch all the time.

What couch are you using ?

14_zpss3gdprsm.png
    6_zpswmjn5xvm.png
    both work
    edit: also, one of the tv's is on a wall, the other on the table.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I have it too, since the toddler patch I think.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    @Orchid13 order them to sit you are talking about sims with no brains. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    They used to sit just fine. I haven't changed any decorations to any of my living rooms and the TVs and couches are all where they used to be. It is something new. I do everything suggested here, in groups, sit and chat, queue up sit. But it is annoying because it was not like that before.

They also seem to pick the stupidest places to eat now. And let's not forget how once upon a time Sims actually sat for weddings.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    If i am not mistaken, these are one of the bugs that have been introduced with toddlers patch. Well, guess nothing is perfect, geting major features for free is bound to break something other than EA's habit.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    edited February 2017

@Orchid13 They are supposed to sit down by themselves, without orders ^^
    Which worked before the toddler patch.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited February 2017

@Orchid13 They are supposed to sit down by themselves, without orders ^^
    Which worked before the toddler patch.
    I think they are joking and they know that we all don't live under rocks we know what bugs plague the game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641