Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will sims ever use couches again?

My sims never seem to sit on the couch when they are playing video games or watching tv. Is this a bug or something?

Comments

• Options
    LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    edited February 2017
    I think it just has to do with a routing issue, or if there are other seats the game prefers...

You can command them to sit on the couch and they'll multitask it.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Mine sit on couch all the time.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I was having this issue, but my game seems to be fixed now. I've noticed since the last patch that I'm not having the problem quite as often.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Just tell them to sit down.

My sims on the other hand have the annoying habit of insteading of going to the table to eat, they sit on the eletric-keyboard bench to eat, WHO DOES THAT ? **looks at sandwich plate besides laptop** THAT PROOVES NOTHING.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Mine are standing to watch tv and eating right in front of the fridge. When they do that no one else can get food unless I tell them to move! :/
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Same thing. They never sit to watch tv any more.
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Mine sit on couch all the time.

What couch are you using ?

• Options
    jessienebulousjessienebulous Posts: 108 Member
    It seems to help if you tell them to sit first and then direct them to use the tv. The more sims imvolved in the activity, though, the buggier it seems to get.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have this same issue. I usually direct them to sit down but it is a bit annoying. I'd also like them to be able to consistently watch TV together more easily.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I'm also having this problem. It's very annoying and seems like it started with the toddlers patch and vampires. Also the npc's aren't doing their jobs as good as before either.
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,267 Member
    I clicked on the "Me Too" button, that link leads to, thank you for sharing it, @cameronw209 . And it's got to have been the toddlers patch, as I don't have the Vampires Game Pack (Yet), and this all started for me as well (The MOST annoying being the eating standing right in front of the fridge, yes definitely!), after the toddler patch.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    edited February 2017
    My sims have been wishy washy on where and if they'll sit to watch tv or eat. It's not has if they can't, because like most have said, you can direct them to. That's really beside the point, though, because it used to be an autonomous action for everyone, but like my sims, the bug is varied among players.

Another pet peeve of mine that I was hoping they'll fix: the chef/sim preparing the meal will grab a serving and place it in their inventory. Another autonomous action they used to do just fine.

I don't know what the patch schedule is like, but there's a ton of annoying little "habits" they've developed that I wish would cease and desist.

Edit: fudged a word. my b.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    This is one of the bugs I want fixed the most in the next patch. It's so irritating.
  • Options
    NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    My Sims sit only once I tell them to sit. However, when I have a group gathering and choose "Sit together", they sit for a brief moment and the group members start getting up and doing other things. It is very irritating.
  • Options
    tredeptationtredeptation Posts: 37 Member
    megiare wrote: »
    Another pet peeve of mine that I was hoping they'll fix: the chef/sim preparing the meal will grab a serving and place it in their inventory. Another autonomous action they used to do just fine.

^This. And I've also been experienced Sims being flaky with sitting on the couch. They just stand there watching TV.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    If they refuse to sit to watch tv it is possible that the couch is too far away.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Every time when I've tried to do family film night they all stood to watch the film... I've just stopped trying. My sims do sit to play video games though.

Maxis needs to realise this bug defeats the entire purpose of that $10 SP. This isn't a bug that they should be allowed to get away with not fixing unless they want to issue a refund or discount for the SP which they advertised with Sims sitting and watching the films together. At this time for me it's not a major annoyance... and I'm assuming they'll fix the issue.

Meh. Smarter sims. :unamused:
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    I have this too. My trendy sims know that couches are sooo last season.
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    I've found that my sims only stand to watch TV if it's wall-mounted. If it has a base, or is on a table, they sit down to watch just fine... could be just me though.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I've noticed mine will sit down if I action them to get a plate of food followed by watching TV. Other than that, they never sit. All my bugs haven't been fixed. Plus the mouth opening reaction when a sim annouces pregnancy is also broken again :(
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited February 2017
    Mine eat right in front of the fridge unless I specifically tell them to sit in a chair. Or the stand watching TV unless I tell them to sit.
    Post edited by pepperjax1230 on
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    aldavor wrote: »
    I've found that my sims only stand to watch TV if it's wall-mounted. If it has a base, or is on a table, they sit down to watch just fine... could be just me though.

Mine sits on a tv stand, but they still stand in front of it like a door. Now, if my kitchen has a table in it the sims will gravitate towards it…most of the time.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    leahbeeleahbee Posts: 50 Member
    Wyrren wrote: »
    Mine are standing to watch tv and eating right in front of the fridge. When they do that no one else can get food unless I tell them to move! :/

Exact same thing with me.

I haven't played with the new patch yet so I'm not sure if my games improved by it but I'm hoping and praying it has because it's so tedious having to click on the sofa or a chair each time.
  • Options
    leahbee wrote: »
    Wyrren wrote: »

Exact same thing with me.

I haven't played with the new patch yet so I'm not sure if my games improved by it but I'm hoping and praying it has because it's so tedious having to click on the sofa or a chair each time.

It didn’t for me. Neither did repairing. :/
    aD9wyNW.jpg