Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @emorrill We did watch Serenity and my hubby loved it from the beginning. It took me a couple episodes to warm up to it. He did totally freak when it went off the air. He must be kin to your hubby! :) We have the dvd's, the movie. I love Nathan Fillion and enjoyed Castle with him when I still watched TV. I have the dvd's from that though except for the last couple years when I couldn't afford them. I need to put those on my birthday list for my boy though! :)

@OriginalMara Copper and Fortune look beautiful together. Lol at the pic of Conner.

@Karritz Cool entryway to the house. Interesting with the tractor in a basement. Never would have thought about that.

@plushtrap_107 Great pics. Love the thought bubble of the future poison assassin! :)

@lanlyn Tease! :)

@Mikezumi Enjoyed the update. The girls look very happy with their husbands. Meggy!! Yes, she is still cute. I'm gonna have to make a wing in my nursing home for your oldie goldies. :cry:

@Charlottesmom Your makeovers are terrific. Eliza sprite and Conner are so cute. Glad you are feeling better.

@wendyyi1 I love the changes you made to it. I love the kitchen changes and that big table is great! I adjusted that deck area too.
    I originally had 4 sims in it. An elder father, his ya daughter and her two twins (boy and girl) I had to make some adjustments to start with and after getting it set I moved to another family. (I was just learning to play rotationally and didn't have the caste set up properly) I saw some interesting notices from that family so went back to them. Dad got married to a widow who had adopted a loner boy. Daughter got pregnant by a townie and had a boy, and the twins aged to teens and could no longer share a room. I made more adjustments to the house on the backside so the front lines stayed pretty much as designed and made a very strict caste for my non active rotational families. :)

@mycami21 Enjoyed the update. Your sims are adorable. Love the peekaboo shot. I like the greenhouse with the tractor. Clever idea!

@friendsfan367 Good thing they decided to be a couple! :)

their my founding couple for my legacy i'vee been trying to finish for 2 years. this is the first time they were married at the beging though . my game broke so i had to start over.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @Mikezumi The girls have grown up beautiful. I think Jocosa might be my favourite, she looks so good with that hair and outfit.

@emorrill I really feel for Sam. It must be so hard being confronted by the reality of his situation. Al! I'm not sure how he's back but I eagerly look forward to reading it.
    @lanlyn I love your name choices for the sims in Rinn Fada. Cute update of the toddlers! Lol gotta love stalking sims.
    @Sunnyyesjams Your sims are so handsome and I love all the decoration around your outdoor bar. It looks like your computer has a good graphics card.
    @Simsophonique Thanks for the offer. It's all good though, I spend a lot of free time looking through blogs for good cc. I'm not looking for any at the moment.
    @CravenLestat I'm just having fun here so don't take me seriously but aren't your patterns actually your own custom content :wink: Since it's custom.. and content lol. I love that pinup picture on the half wall.

@MoonandStars83 The one bit of advice I can offer is to name everything individually as you put it back in. I got rid of a lot of cc last year but had to search up everything because I had no idea what it was.
    @OriginalMara I love Fortune's coat and I had to laugh at Connor's hair.
    @Karritz I'm interested to see what you do with your cat sims. It's such an interesting look. Is the skin just for adults?
    @plushtrap_107 Cool pics. I hope you can get Generations some time!
    @lanlyn I love sudden inspirations like that. I'm curious as how "out there" your story will get. Very enigmatic :wink:

@Mikezumi Nice choices of boyfriends for the twins, they are very handsome. I like the last pic of Jocosa and Ralph. They look like such a power couple to me :tongue:
    @Karritz I like the freezer bunny riding the llama as it's not something I usually catch in my game. Good luck discovering the rest of the hidden islands, I've never done it before. Wow such massive basements on that tiny island! :open_mouth:
    @Charlottesmom Liz looks a billion times better with just a change of hair. Such a cute vampire! I love the pattern on her blazer. All of your makeovers were awesome. I really like what you did to Skip.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    edited February 2017
    Pages 1137-1138. I need to stop there for now, but I've read everyone's updates so far. Great stuff! We have RL "chores" going on at the house today. :s So I'll post more later tonight.

@Mikezumi The girls' boyfriends were added to the household! I bet they were ecstatic!

@OriginalMara Copper and Fortune should make a great looking foal. ...I've had sims come out of the shower with different hair! Drives me nuts. But funny too.

@Simsophonique Thanks for offering to share more links for Sims 3 clothing. I still need to go through the other pages of All About Style. Is there another site which offers a nice selection of childrens/toddlers clothes?

@king_of_simcity @Karritz @bekkasan @emorrill @Mikezumi @mycami21 Thanks for your comments about my updates. I appreciate reading them all.

@Karritz I love your gardeners. I have a couple of lots in my library bin that have all the trees and plants available. I sometimes put one of those in a world if I need access to those trees. Trees are difficult to accommodate sometimes since they need a higher roof than plants. ...I have a lifeguard and I agree, it's not an easy LTW to earn. ...Will love to see inside Kitty's house when it's ready--and to see the guy.

@CravenLestat Love the Sunlit Tides Hotel room.
    @plushtrap_107 Sitting on the fence! Too funny.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    My current household will wait to have kids.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Mikezumi From the side she looks cute :( I was fooled.

Hey girl can I get your number... :smirk:

tumblr_lzyje2Z4Ff1qfy0f3o1_500_zpsmsc9ysrb.jpg

"SURE!!!"

large_zpsyvqe75zg.jpg

I just remembered I have to go kill myself..If you will excuse me

runnin13_zps6lncjb49.gif

LOL It reminds me of a recent walk to the local shops that I had. I was wearing my skinny jeans (I normally wear baggy granny jeans) and a guy leaned out of a bus window and gave me a wolf whistle. When the bus got in front of me and he could see that I was an old lady, he jumped back in the bus window so fast his head was spinning LOL

@Mikezumi You must have looked good in them to make him stop and whistle though! :wink::p
  • Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    @emorrill Thanks! They probably look that way because I always look at real people when making sims <3 And yeah uniforms are a thing... especially police and the doctor's white coat. :love:

@Coco Yeah, unfortunately GPUs are costly >_> all my money gone when I upgraded it.

@Karritz Lol the gnomes. Sometimes they end up in really funny spots, reminds me of this .

kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Yea am doing my challenge but isn't working way i plan then again sims3 is not quite for belle and beast can't kidnap a sims or held against there will so i think go my current game there warewolf and the witch i don't have master control yet so yea may go back my other one.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    @bekkasan, thanks :) He's actually a really good toddler, leading his parents into a false sense of security >:)

@Sunnyyesjams, what...is happening in that pic... XD

@coco, thanks :) I think I'll go for Generations next! I do want Sims 4 but I can't pass up the opportunity to get that chemistry set! I also want to see my kids play at dress up!

@lanlyn, I'm so glad I was able to get her out XD In my very first Sims game, I had a poor teen trapped in a hedge. I had to delete the hedge to free him!

@mycami21, Is Grant's hair CC? I love how it looks on him :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited February 2017
    @wendyyi1 thanks for the comment. I found the stairs a bit breath taking too. Especially when I saw a lot of sims climbing them simultaneously. At first I thought they'd be a disaster as it would take forever to get each one out of the house but it turned out to work quite well.

I was a bit surprised by Judy's choice of a place to bath - but I sort of expected it would happen when I put the bath there in the first place. So far she's the only one I've caught doing it. Her only other option was to go up to her bedroom and use her own private all in one bathroom.

@bekkasan thanks for the comment. I often put tractors indoors. You need to use MOO to get the track in there though.

@coco - your question about if the skin is for children made me wonder. Moonskins93 sometimes only does skins for some of the age groups. She makes them for her own games and sometimes shares them on her tumblr.

After I read your question I went into CAS and did a little experiment. The result is in the spoiler. BTW: This is NOT a sim I have in any game. I just went into CAS and applied the skin to the first sim that appeared.
    Elder
    Elder002.jpg

Elder001.jpg

YA/Adult
    YA_A.jpg

Teen
    Teen001.jpg

Child
    Child001.jpg

Toddler
    Toddler001.jpg

capture screen

I've never found all the islands before either and I've tried but this game seems to be making it easier than usual. For example I've tried dozens of times to get that adventure to find Refuge Island and in this game I got it on the first attempt. That has to give me hope. Now the only one the game could stymie me on is the one where the mermaid has to decide to show the mermaid's secret island.

I went onto Carl's Guide and there is a list of sizes of the lots on each island and they vary in size. The smallest is on Refuge Island. There are 2 that are 64x64 and the big lots are on small islands - thereby challenging you to do something unusual if you want to fully utilise the lot and keep the look of the original island.

@lanlyn I'll get to Kitty's house asap. Unfortunately I can't keep up with myself as it is. I've been out grocery shopping since I last posted. But I'm home now.

I'm sure those of us who are interested will enjoy the McFluff household.

My videos ought to start happening faster as I get more used to making them. I had trouble with the latest one when I thought I'd got the narration done but watched it through before loading it to YouTube and discovered a few issues that had to be fixed and that took about half the day. The narration is the hard part for me now. It isn't the speaking it is putting it all together. It jumps around on me and ends up in the wrong place and two lots try to play at once resulting in it stopping mid sentence and some other thought continues on cheerily making no sense at all. It is something I'm going to have to conquer before I start any new series. But I too am looking forward to the McFluff household. And to playing the witches village which also includes the fairy village and other interesting things.

I am starting to think I may need to start planting some of those unknown seeds they collect now - to try to get at least a few of each type of plant. I have lots of extra plants due to mods so I often do try to get them all in the same garden but haven't achieved that yet as far as I know - in otherwords it becomes a disorganised mess and I have no idea where anything is or what's happening but it's fun.

@Sunnyyesjams that gnome appears to be quite comfortable. They are all a lot of fun to have in the games.
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    @plushtrap_107 It's called Curly Tuft and it's from the Sims 3 store. You can find it here.
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    edited February 2017
    Silly EA caused me to double post last night.
    Post edited by mycami21 on
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Catching up...

@Mikezumi , You *don't* want quads??? :D can't imagine why... :o (I wouldn't even wish triplets on anyone unless they really wanted the challenge).
    **The Jensen bowling kick shot! <3 Glad he got in some bowling before the pregnancy.
    **Missed your SS!! Nice to see her again... :)
    **I've said it before but your Sims always get nice eyes!
    **I did spot Ludo and Jeffery at Uni....

Screenshot-326_zps2rptl78r.jpg

Screenshot-325_zpsyfpxojtr.jpg

**Jocosa and Amice aged up very nicely!! I like that outfit on Amice.
    **Is that Claire's house where Wilky and Reed are watching the stars?

@emorrill , You're like me, I notice the guys first then maybe will notice the females 20 minutes later... :D
    **Excellent update...I am really looking forward to the other installments to this update, I feel like there is something big on the horizon.
    **Poor Emma, Sam shutting down your lessones for ahile, hopefully not too long!
    **Yeah!! Al! Things are moving in the right direction I see, glad they were reunited! :)

@lisasc360 , Still on my "baby food" mashed potatoes again today then cottage cheese, yuck! I'm going to eat a tub of Cool Whip tonight I swear!!! :s

@Emo-usagi2187 , Are you still going to do the Beauty and the Beast challenge?

@lanlyn , YEAH!!!!!! Bunter!! *fangirl scream!*
    **I hate it when the dogs get fleas!
    **Awwww, Mulder!! <3
    **Caprice wore her hat...cute girl!
    **I have yet to banish anyone, wasn't sure what it would do...(gotta read up on it).

Stopping, starving.... ;)

@charlottesmom I think THIS is the appropriate *fan girl squeal* response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfJR6sAo0CU
    :lol:
    Thanks for your comments <3

OK, EVERYONE who thinks Bunter is the hott stuff, give me an Amen!! (I mean, Awesome! :p )
    I just gotta KNOW! :lol:

@lanlyn ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I'm getting to the pointy end of my story so it will probably be wrapped up soon. I took a lot of pictures last night so I'll have to split it up in a few parts. :smiley:

It had been a week since Sun had turned Elvira into a human. Everything had gone quiet. They had no idea where the vampires had gone or if they were plotting anything. Saville was more protective of Sun than ever. He was still upset over Sun sneaking out to the beach with the cure knowing full well it was dangerous. But he didn't let on that he was just scared.

Some good news lifted their spirits when Simon Markham, the owner of the elixir store, sent a message to Sun that he had acquired the potion she requested. As they entered the store, a little shop bell rang to announce their arrival.
    Sun: Simon, hi! Thank you for contacting me.
    Simon: No trouble at all. I have three vials of the elixir for you made by my dear friend Mariana Montoya here.
    He smiled over to the woman on his left. She bowed her head in greeting.
    Screenshot-606.jpg

He had wrapped it up in a red ribbon, how thoughtful Sun thought.
    Simon: I hope this is enough.
    Sun: I'll use it wisely. Y'know, you just might have saved Bridgeport with this.
    Simon: Oh believe me, there's more to this city than vampires. But your heart is in the right place. Be careful.
    Screenshot-607.jpg

They arrived home safely but something wasn't right. The front door had been left ajar which caused concern. Someone had been in their apartment. The clutter was starting to build up from so many weeks living there but Sun was immediately able to notice a scribble on a pad of paper. It read: Come Alone. Near the cemetery. Or your human dies. Charming. Clearly it was Brigit's writing. The messy scrawl was obviously written by someone who was crazy.
    Screenshot-610.jpg

Saville: You know I'm coming with you.
    Sun: They only want me. I'm strong enough to defend myself now. Besides, this is the perfect opportunity to use the elixirs, although I'm not sure how yet.
    Saville wrapped his arms around Sun and pulled her close. It was moments like this when he wanted to run away with Sun and escape this dreaded city. No. He would see this through with her.
    Screenshot-611.jpg

Sun: If anything happens... I don't regret coming here with you. We'll survive this I promise.
    Saville stared into her eyes. God, she was so beautiful.
    Saville: I love you.
    The note didn't specify a time to get there.. Saville pulled Sun to his lips.
    Screenshot-614.jpg

They took a taxi to the cemetery and started looking from there. One street over was a large abandoned warehouse of some sort. Junk piles, old scaffolding and overgrown weeds littered the property. Some small bamboo torches dotted the path to the door, so clearly someone had been there recently. All signs pointed to this being the place.
    Screenshot-604.png

As Sun and Saville started walking up the path they were approached by Brigit. She passively looked at Sun for a moment. A snarl erupted from her lips and a puff of cool air with it.
    Brigit: Traitor. I told you to come alone. Good girls play by the rules.
    Sun: Yeah, well it turns out I'm not the good girl you thought I was.
    Screenshot-616.png

Brigit flicked her eyes to Saville and swiftly kicked him in the gut. Saville doubled over and clutched his stomach in agony. He dug his nails into the dirt to distract himself from the pain. He dared not let out a sound to let Sun know how he was feeling.
    Screenshot-617.png

Sun: Don't you dare touch him. What do you want?
    Her fangs were grudgingly starting to show.
    Brigit only laughed but was completely serious the next moment.
    Brigit: Get in. You won't be coming out, I promise you that.
    Screenshot-619.png

Saville was lying sideways on the ground. It felt like some of his ribs were broken and his chest was wet. His eyes were on the distant city skyline ahead of him but he was desperately listening to what was going on behind him. Footsteps walking away.
    Saville: Sun... no.
    His voice was soft and raspy but it was too late. Sun was gone.
    Screenshot-622.png
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2017
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @mycami21' @Karritz, @coco and @Mikezumi Nice pictures :smile:

There will be another new video from me soon :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    tiny update i got noel and lauren married then she ran to work.
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom Thanks for the lovely comments :D I think one of the reasons you might like my sims' eyes is because I have a mod that makes the irises smaller - I think it makes the eyes look a little less cartoony.
    I always get a kick when I see my SS out and about and always get my sims to interact with her if she is nearby :)
    Ah, nice to see the baby daddies in your game :D
    It is Claire's house but Claire never was in this save. She was killed before I even started as I have an empty world which I use as a starter.

@wendyyi1 Thanks for the lovely comment :) I just wish there was more time in a sim day so my sims could actually spend more time with extended family! But I guess that is like real life too. I know I need to drop some stuff so that I can spend time with my own sister.
    Sorry you had problems with your game :( I know you said you bulldozed the lot, but did you try resetting it first?
    The Doubleday Lodge looks great! Love the big kitchen! :D

@mycami21 I always love seeing kids on the schoolbus :) Grant is adorable and I love the peek-a-boo pic :) Congrats on the tractor and new neighbours! I will have to think about the greenhouse if I ever install Seasons because I love my sims getting good quality produce for their meals.

@friendsfan367 Congrats on pregnancy number 6 and on your sims becoming a couple :)

@bekkasan Don't fret about my oldies - they will be forever young in previous saves as I do a save as for each and every sim day :) Thanks for the lovely comment :)

@coco Thanks :) Jocosa is my favourite out of the twins but not my favourite overall as she is a little too pretty. I prefer a sim with a little more character :)
    Great update! Enjoyed seeing Mariana working with Simon :D I hope Sun has got this under control! Poor Saville :( I will anxiously await your next update!

@lanlyn They were in the main household for less than a day LOL I only moved them in long enough to set them up for their future. I am sure they will do fine without my divine intervention on a daily basis ;) Thanks :D

@emorrill AMEN!

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks :)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I sent three of the Tribbiani's to France to complete opportunities. They did not stay very long as I really didn't want them doing tombs.
    32561587162_613567d1ea_c.jpg
    One of the opportunities was for the Jason to collect a relic to take back, but, he can't excavate. duh. Well, Dad was able to give him a relic, but, kinda not the point EA. :D
    32561928342_3364489896_c.jpg
    I'm not quite sure what Scooby is thinking, but I love the look on his face watching Jason ride the bee.
    32561592062_4f81d626d3_c.jpg
    Ashwyn got a new outfit with a special pattern. Thanks @Charlottesmom
    32561591282_ff52375799_c.jpg
    Amelia bonding with Amber.
    32561588932_bba34b5fc2_c.jpg
    Gave Alicia a few new patterns in her room.
    31871435984_4902192584_c.jpg
    32561586252_2dd955f8ae_c.jpg
    31871435664_2f57bd8fd1_c.jpg
    Another one of Ashwyn because I think she is so cute. I changed her hair to the pigtails as I didn't like the EA one on her any longer.
    32561591662_63d4e8cc7f_c.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Charlottesmom NICOLE LAWRY is the chikie you can't remember her name :smirk: .And Liz looks fantastic,I think Connor wants to have a creature of the night baby army with her and rule the campus.Why else would he be hanging out with a hot girl in lingerie at 3:15 AM,I callz em az I seez em.

EDIT See that girl coming out the comic store holding a black book in your "Maybe Not " screenie...

That is the model for Bekkasans pattern in my video.Ye Gangnam

Screenshot-6812_zpsmpvdzvgj.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @bekkasan Great update :) I always cancel any opportunities that involve travel! It is a little silly that a kid would get an opportunity for something they can't even do :/
    I love Scooby's expression :D
    Ashwyn is a cutie!
    Alicia looks lovely also :)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Gave you and awesome, but, AMEN too.

@coco Enjoyed the update. It was good to see Simon and Mariana. Poor Saville!

@Mikezumi Harmon and Jolene's boys are handsome. Just as Lucas and Meggy's girls are beautiful. Love Meggy's silly face. :)

@friendsfan367 Yea for marriage....um...no honeymoon....boo. :wink:
  • Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    @bekkasan Ashwyn is super cute. She's gonna be a beauty, my genetic smart eyes can already see it :wink:.
    Also, Scooby ... <3
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 -- Thanks. :)

@Mikezumi -- I know! I was like, who are you and what did you do with Connor? ahaha.

Also I have been wondering how you get your family portraits. Are you using a mod or is it just maneuvering them around?

@bekkasan -- Thanks. :)

@coco -- Thanks. Wish I could take credit for Fortune, though, haha. But it was a luck of the adoption by Javier. I was thinking of changing her tail, though. Not a fan of the braid.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Coco :flushed: This is such a great screenshot.I love it :love: So romantic

Screenshot-614.jpg

And Craven Content is different :rage:

<3

Why is Sun Young Kim so pretty,it is unfair to the other sims.They must get jealous alot around her.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top