Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires: Did you know...?

Comments

• Options
    HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    Can your vampire die of "old age?." Mine is a Young Adult, recently turned vampire. His life state bar says 122 days lived like an Elder about to croak. The bar is getting closer to the end. I wonder what will happen when it fills up. I read that vampires don't age passed by Young Adulthood so what will happen to him once the bar is full? Will he die or idk level up or something? XD The whole reason of making him a vampire is to keep him young and alive for as long as I want without using MC Command to cheat his age.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Did you know ny human sims your turn into vampires . Get the name offspring in your relationship p?

Yep as that is part of the Vampire Family aspiration. :) To train 3 of your 'offspring'.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Did you know that with the 3rd tier of Vampiric might you can crush metals and crystals into elements with your hands.

My vampires are at level 15 vampire lore. They haven't got any option to crush metals or crystals. How do you do that?
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Did you know that with the 3rd tier of Vampiric might you can crush metals and crystals into elements with your hands.

My vampires are at level 15 vampire lore. They haven't got any option to crush metals or crystals. How do you do that?

It's the 3rd choice of the strength power I believe

--T
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Did you know ny human sims your turn into vampires . Get the name offspring in your relationship p?

Yep as that is part of the Vampire Family aspiration. :) To train 3 of your 'offspring'.

Although adults can't spar with teens :(

Bit of a downer

--T
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited January 2017
    JadedJane wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Did you know the moodlet solver doesn't work on vampires?

Hmmmm.... It did on mine. I had a very plum vampire stand outside doing nothing. I had a costume party and invited a good mix of both vamp and regular sims. She stood outside in a corner burning to death. I was tempted to have them plead for her life, but it's her own fault for not joining the party. So the party was ruined because she wouldn't come in. My whole family of sims were crying and depressed because she died. So I got them all the moodlet solver to get them to go about their daily routine. Now, in this emotional state you can't train or be trained s as vampire. But the moodlet solver is only temporary. A short time later the moodlets will show back up. And now I have a ghost sims wandering around in a very silly costume. She had a hotdog on her head and a bear suit on her body. And it really doesn't sound the same when you say hotbear......

Did it make all the needs turn green (cuz that's what the moodlet solver does)? My vampire sim's needs didn't move after he drank it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member

Hmmmm.... It did on mine. I had a very plum vampire stand outside doing nothing. I had a costume party and invited a good mix of both vamp and regular sims. She stood outside in a corner burning to death. I was tempted to have them plead for her life, but it's her own fault for not joining the party. So the party was ruined because she wouldn't come in. My whole family of sims were crying and depressed because she died. So I got them all the moodlet solver to get them to go about their daily routine. Now, in this emotional state you can't train or be trained s as vampire. But the moodlet solver is only temporary. A short time later the moodlets will show back up. And now I have a ghost sims wandering around in a very silly costume. She had a hotdog on her head and a bear suit on her body. And it really doesn't sound the same when you say hotbear......

Did it make all the needs turn green (cuz that's what the moodlet solver does)? My vampire sim's needs didn't move after he drank it.

Yes, they did. Like I said it's only temporary. But I think some of the bugs in this game are different for everyone. I had my sims drink two of them.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member

The moodlet solver removes all negative moodlets. Like... Uncomfortable, tense, angry, etc. It's different than your motives/needs.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Did you know making vamp Sims happy with testing cheats on would also fill up the vampire energy bar aswell so your vamp Sims don't have to die from sunlight

Also don't know why this happened (not complaining btw) but the grim ripper autonomously revived my vamp sim who was dying from sunlight without ny pleading to do so
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    To7m wrote: »

Bit of a downer

--T

That mke s sense , there ot fully grown .They would wni every time. Its like a 29 year old fighting a sixteen ear old ?
  • Options
    cejaceja Posts: 33 Member
    Did you know some sims taste better then others which gives a divine drink of +2 happy that stacks with the +1 happy from feeding.
  • Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Apologies if this was already mentioned but apparently if you are not home you don't have the option to go home if a 'vampire is breaking into your home". I had to bring the whole family to the sim that was hanging out in order for them to go back home. Has anyone experienced a vampire breaking into your home and what goes on when this happens?
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »

The moodlet solver removes all negative moodlets. Like... Uncomfortable, tense, angry, etc. It's different than your motives/needs.

Whoa whoa hold up. You mean to tell me I've been using the moodlet solver wrongly this whole time?? No wonder I've always questioned why it's called moodlet solver and not mood solver. Cuz it does fill up sim's needs. And that's what I use it for. XD Here's proof:
    3wKSBR7W.gif

So I learned something new today, and you do too. :D

Also, I just want to point out that the moodlet solver only fills up the other needs for vampires except for their energy and thirst needs. I'm assuming it would remove negative moodlets that have nothing to do with energy or thirst.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Did you know, that unless you reset his powers with the reconfiguration drink after he's reached the rank of grand master, Caleb Vatore only needs 4 weaknesses instead of 5.

Update: it actually doesn't matter what rank he is, Caleb only has 4 weaknesses! even if you reset his powers.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Did you know; If a vampire sim has a very negative relationship with a sim nearby, they will reveal their dark form around that sim.
    My vampire sim made another vampire super mad at her (by accident) and had nearly half a negative relationship bar with him, and he changed into his dark form. It was kinda spooky lol
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    drjmoowdrjmoow Posts: 52 Member
    Can I bring a Vampire back to life if one of my Sims have Level 10 writing skill? I would like to have my vampire that accidently died be able to have there Master Level Lore skill when they are not in ghost form.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited January 2017
    Apologies if this was already mentioned but apparently if you are not home you don't have the option to go home if a 'vampire is breaking into your home". I had to bring the whole family to the sim that was hanging out in order for them to go back home. Has anyone experienced a vampire breaking into your home and what goes on when this happens?
    I had a vampire sneak in, but he got stuck because the bedroom door was locked... I unlocked it because I didn't want the game to bug. It's a spooky feature, way scarier than burglar. The husband and wife were both sleeping and he selected the wife as his victim, woke him up with a spell and cast another spell to compel a drink. Her needs were lowered quite a bit and at some point the husband woke up, but couldn't fight the vampire as he was already leaving.
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »

Bit of a downer

--T

That mke s sense , there ot fully grown .They would wni every time. Its like a 29 year old fighting a sixteen ear old ?

I know, but I wanted Vlad to teach his son how to spar :(

--T
  • Options
    MsLaJadeMsLaJade Posts: 4 New Member

Yes, that happened to me except, my Sim IS a Vampire! She tried to go home as the sun was coming up after scoping out her next meal in the Arts District but couldn't because a Vampire was breaking in. She had to take cover inside the Art Gallery so she wouldn't burn in the sun. Weird that a Vampire was breaking in to another Vampire's house. A waste of time for the other Vampire as there is no food for them there!
  • Options
    vampirekimvampirekim Posts: 190 Member
    Kolby wrote: »
    Did you know that in Forgotten Hollow, there is a mysterious statue of a woman in the reeds of the swamp, by the island that has a single grave on it. I don't understand what, if anything, is special about it but it's interesting.

In the live stream, didn't they say there was an easter egg or something here? Has anyone seen anything pop out or is it just the statues?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    vampirekim wrote: »
    Did you know that in Forgotten Hollow, there is a mysterious statue of a woman in the reeds of the swamp, by the island that has a single grave on it. I don't understand what, if anything, is special about it but it's interesting.

In the live stream, didn't they say there was an easter egg or something here? Has anyone seen anything pop out or is it just the statues?

I think it's just the statue. It actually took me a minute or two to notice it there.

--T
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Maybe the easter egg of the female statue in the water is pointing out to a possible come back of simming in lakes and oceans? I am not sure, but I had the idea that there may be more about this whole isle, as vampires can not fly over there either...

Also did you know that when a normal human sim drinks the Plasma Jane cocktail that afterwards they get very uncomfortable for a long period of time? They do not feel like doing anything afterwards. I ordered this drink yesterday because my sim was with Caleb Vatore but she did not enjoy it a lot LOL And I saw another NPC sim ordering the same drink :D
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    Can your vampire die of "old age?." Mine is a Young Adult, recently turned vampire. His life state bar says 122 days lived like an Elder about to croak. The bar is getting closer to the end. I wonder what will happen when it fills up. I read that vampires don't age passed by Young Adulthood so what will happen to him once the bar is full? Will he die or idk level up or something? XD The whole reason of making him a vampire is to keep him young and alive for as long as I want without using MC Command to cheat his age.

vampires cannot die of old age... their age is halted indefinitely which is why it says days lived rather than days remaining.

nothing will happen when the bar reaches the end vamps dont age past young adult... at least they are not supposed to... but who knows with all the bugs in this pack.

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    vampirekim wrote: »

Maybe she's a resemblance of the gray woman of SimCity? In TS2 there was a statue for her and the description of the statue was an explanation for why babies and toddlers were immune to fire in the game. Maybe this is a nod towards that statue since toddlers were just recently added.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    ceja wrote: »
    Did you know some sims taste better then others which gives a divine drink of +2 happy that stacks with the +1 happy from feeding.

True. I've witnessed this myself. You will get a notification saying something along the lines of "that sim was tasty".