Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires: Did you know...?

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2017
    Fiever7 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    I dunno if mentioned before but my human sim that got turned does not have a days lived but the age bar is full bubbly green.
    370d48f1512a497b994efb39ec7df590.png

I have the same problem but @SimGuruNinja is looking into it. I've asked him to update us when he knows :)

--T

I thought it was just something that was part of it... Guess I was wrong.

HAHA Perfect living space even though totally not vampiric style.. Apartments. home from work indoors when they spawn, quick access to meals, ect.
    The Modern Vampire

So did I, it looks like vampire venom, right? But when I asked @SimGuruNinja he didn't know, so maybe it *is* normal, at least for in game turned vampires, maybe?

Hopefully we will find out soon.

--T

Actually, the age bar looks the same when sims are pregnant. I think it looks like this whenever sims can't age (they can't age while they're pregnant either, but the bar will go back to normal after the birth). So I think it's normal, but who knows :D

This happened right after they turned before getting pregnant

Yeah that's my point. It doesn't happen because they're pregnant, but because they've turned although it would've also happened if they'd only been pregnant. And that's because the underlying reason seems to be the same: they can't age. Just check your non-vamp pregnant sims, the bar will look exactly the same :)
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    I dunno if mentioned before but my human sim that got turned does not have a days lived but the age bar is full bubbly green.

I have the same problem but @SimGuruNinja is looking into it. I've asked him to update us when he knows :)

--T

HAHA Perfect living space even though totally not vampiric style.. Apartments. home from work indoors when they spawn, quick access to meals, ect.
    The Modern Vampire

So did I, it looks like vampire venom, right? But when I asked @SimGuruNinja he didn't know, so maybe it *is* normal, at least for in game turned vampires, maybe?

--T

Actually, the age bar looks the same when sims are pregnant. I think it looks like this whenever sims can't age (they can't age while they're pregnant either, but the bar will go back to normal after the birth). So I think it's normal, but who knows :D

Yeah that's my point. It doesn't happen because they're pregnant, but because they've turned although it would've also happened if they'd only been pregnant. And that's because the underlying reason seems to be the same: they can't age. Just check your non-vamp pregnant sims, the bar will look exactly the same :)

In my game, I had my sim turn Bella Goth. Her age bar looked exactly like that, green and bubbly. I am remodeling the Vatore house, and I had my Sim play test a spot. While I was doing that, Bella aged up! She had been bitten the day before. I just exited the game and didn't save so it didn't ruin anything, but they can age after they've been bitten. At least while they are in the "turning" stage.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Did you know.. that if your sim has the good trait, they won't coffin woohoo?! My sim just said, "Who would want to do THAT in THERE?!" Hahahaha! So I tried clicking on the coffin and the woohoo option was greyed out for him and it said "good sims don't want to coffin woohoo." Interesting!
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I just had my first vampire duel. Looks like the spar but relationships are negatively affected. I also just got "pretend to bite", The other sim looked really glad it was a joke.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited February 2017

--T

The Modern Vampire

--T

You've lost me.

None of my sims are pregnant, some of them are even human, they all have this green bar, the human ones don't age with it. And I've noticed it happens after an in game vampire is turned - take them straight to the mirror and change sim - bam! Geeen bar.

@SimGuruNinja any news on this please?

--T

ETA: just checked a pregnant sim and her age bar is fine, although she's not aging? Is this a thing? Since when do sims not age while pregnant? Can you fix this too? It throws all my ages out of whack! @SimGuruNinja
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member

--T

The Modern Vampire

--T

You've lost me.

None of my sims are pregnant, some of them are even human, they all have this green bar, the human ones don't age with it. And I've noticed it happens after an in game vampire is turned - take them straight to the mirror and change sim - bam! Geeen bar.

--T

ETA: just checked a pregnant sim and her age bar is fine, although she's not aging? Is this a thing? Since when do sims not age while pregnant? Can you fix this too? It throws all my ages out of whack! @SimGuruNinja

Yes it is, pregnant sims not aging has always been that way. Some one correct if I'm wrong, but it has been this way in all TS games.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

--T

The Modern Vampire

--T

You've lost me.

--T

Yes it is, pregnant sims not aging has always been that way. Some one correct if I'm wrong, but it has been this way in all TS games.

No, my pregnant sims age in TS2, I'm certain, which is why this baffles me, I don't remember this ever being a thing, even in TS3, although I haven't played that for a while so honestly don't remember. But even then, I'm sure it doesn't, because it would've annoyed me. I'm very strict about ages in my game. They *all* have to be in sync if they are in my rotation.

--T

ETA: its manageable. I'll just turn off aging completely while I have pregnant sims, until the baby is born. But still, I'd rather not. @JoAnne65 you're the TS3 expert, do you know? I do know in TS2 a female sim cannot even get pregnant 3-4 days before aging to elder but they definitely *do* age while pregnant. I'm just not sure about TS3.
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    @To7m In the Sims 2 and 3, pregnant sims did age. If their bar reached the end they just couldn't age up from YA to Adult or Adult to Elder while pregnant. I thought it was the same way in TS4.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited February 2017

--T

The Modern Vampire

--T

You've lost me.

--T

No, my pregnant sims age in TS2, I'm certain, which is why this baffles me, I don't remember this ever being a thing, even in TS3, although I haven't played that for a while so honestly don't remember. But even then, I'm sure it doesn't, because it would've annoyed me. I'm very strict about ages in my game. They *all* have to be in sync if they are in my rotation.

--T

ETA: its manageable. I'll just turn off aging completely while I have pregnant sims, until the baby is born. But still, I'd rather not. @JoAnne65 you're the TS3 expert, do you know? I do know in TS2 a female sim cannot even get pregnant 3-4 days before aging to elder but they definitely *do* age while pregnant. I'm just not sure about TS3.

I'm not sure about TS3 either because I didn't get to play it. And I'll admit it's been ages since I played 2. So no surprise I was wrong. And I'll also admit it is kinda annoying that they don't age in 4. With the 100 baby challenge the mother stays young while her children all grow up and die. She only ages until you get her pregnant again, so it can go on for a long time before you need to pass the torch or so to speak.

Edit: @SimMommy05 I may have been wrong about 2 & 3 but I am positive pregnant sims do not age in 4.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Pregnant sims do not age in ts4. Unless my game's broken lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2017

--T

The Modern Vampire

--T

You've lost me.

--T

Hm yes that's weird. What I was trying to say is that this green bubbly bar vamps have is the same as the green bubbly bar sims get while they're pregnant. It looks exactly like it does when they're ready to age up, except that they have it because they can't age. I personally don't really get why pregnant sims can't age either though, it's an odd design choice :) Maybe it's to avoid any issues that may arise from ageing to elder or something while pregnant? I have no idea :)

But if you've got sims with this bar who are neither vampires nor pregnant, nor have they lived long enough to age up, then yes it's definitely a bug. Haven't experience it myself though so I didn't know this was an issue. Sorry! :/
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

--T

The Modern Vampire

--T

You've lost me.

--T

--T

A sim in 3 can get pregnant an hour before aging and then won't age untill the baby is born. Which means she can end up younger than let's say her husband who was two days older than her before she got pregnant :grimace:
    *goes back to see what the discussion is about :blush: *
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    SimMommy05 wrote: »
    @To7m In the Sims 2 and 3, pregnant sims did age. If their bar reached the end they just couldn't age up from YA to Adult or Adult to Elder while pregnant. I thought it was the same way in TS4.
    Confused... I'm pretty sure they won't age in 3 while pregnant :o
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I don't know about past versions, but in S4, pregnant sims don't age. It's only three days anyway, isn't it? So what's the deal?
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't know about past versions, but in S4, pregnant sims don't age. It's only three days anyway, isn't it? So what's the deal?

The deal is 3 kids later and my other sims are 9 days older then their partners/mum.

If I have a sim 2 days older than the other, I expect it to stay that way, that's the deal.

--T
  • Options

The deal is 3 kids later and my other sims are 9 days older then their partners/mum.

If I have a sim 2 days older than the other, I expect it to stay that way, that's the deal.

--T

Then get them both pregnant or deal with it.
  • Options
    avocatoavocato Posts: 11 New Member
    . ...my sim's master is an ancient dude..he turned her when she was still a teen....:( ....poop...
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    @Simanite your vamp is gorgeous o:)
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Did you know that if you have the UI mode you can satisfy any of the only vampire things on the life time want list and make a vampire Slayer. The Scooby team moved in to my sim town. My Buffy gang can finally be more then just regular sims..lol
  • Options
    jonggwapo wrote: »
    Hmm... I don't have Vampires (yet) but are Alien Vampires possible? :smiley:

My next save is going to be a Vamp Alien family and going to have them make babies and see what I get..lol
  • Options
    Remember when the SimGurus said something about the grave on the little island in the water being an Easter egg?

This is probably going to sound totally ridiculous, and I'm sorry if someone else already mentioned it, but have you noticed that it's as if there's a statue for every supernatural (or at least for a couple of the most wanted ones)?

There's obviously Vlad, a werewolf & a fairy. So what if the other two are a witch and what's supposed to be a mermaid (because water, even if it's technically the same statue as the "witch"?) :) And what if that's the Easter egg?

Am I crazy?

02-02-17_10-20-09nbspPM_zps2yvd47wp.png
    02-02-17_10-17-13nbspPM_zpsh1um7auj.png
    02-02-17_10-16-25nbspPM_zps2aga0bp5.png
    02-02-17_10-14-36nbspPM_zps6uj3dsca.png
    02-02-17_10-16-52nbspPM_zpsf6bguidr.png

I don't think they meant it was an Easter egg. He just said there was something hidden in the reeds and he would leave it for the players to find out what it was. I went back and watched that part of the live stream because I couldn't remember exactly what it was about the island we were supposed to "discover". It's just a cool decoration

Eta typo

The last one in the water could be Mermaid?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

--T

Are you ok? Please re read what you just said and tell me if it makes sense. Children can't even get pregnant mr smarty pants. Why would I want my sims mums 9 days younger than everyone else, if she were to have 3 children? And no, I won't deal with it, I'll moan about it until they fix it or tell me no. So deal with that.

On topic: Did you know that if your sim* gets caught flirting with a human sim by their vampire partner, the one witnessing the flirting will attack the human sim aka drink from them, until they pass out?

Trust me, don't have a flirty butler around a very angry Caleb and his wife.

--T

*typo
  • Options

--T

Are you ok? Please re read what you just said and tell me if it makes sense. Children can't even get pregnant mr smarty pants. Why would I want my sims mums 9 days younger than everyone else, if she were to have 3 children? And no, I won't deal with it, I'll moan about it until they fix it or tell me no. So deal with that.

On topic: Did you know that if your sim* gets caught flirting with a human sim by their vampire partner, the one witnessing the flirting will attack the human sim aka drink from them, until they pass out?

Trust me, don't have a flirty butler around a very angry Caleb and his wife.

--T

*typo

Sorry, I was having a bad day. You're right, this should be attended to.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    In my game, I had my sim turn Bella Goth. Her age bar looked exactly like that, green and bubbly. I am remodeling the Vatore house, and I had my Sim play test a spot. While I was doing that, Bella aged up! She had been bitten the day before. I just exited the game and didn't save so it didn't ruin anything, but they can age after they've been bitten. At least while they are in the "turning" stage.

I had a similar experience. My Sim "turned" the elder Moira Fyres so she would always stay in the game. A couple days later I checked her friends list, and Moira is now a ghost. Guess my Sim was a day or two too late to save her.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Did you know there is now rings around the plum bob that tells you what life state a sim is? Also so far aliens cannot become Vamps. I am playing a family one Alien and a vamp going to have them have children and see what the children look like and what they are born as.