Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    You know what? This was the reason I left The Sims official forums. Everyone is so cutthroat and rude and hurtful and just take a disgusting amount of pleasure in being mean to each other. Obviously, I did not realise posting my own rules here would cause this much chaos. I tried to make the best of it and just have our challenges alongside each other but if there really is no room for both and everyone is going to be so angry with me for coming back, it's not worth it.

Keep the thread @Erica87. I really did just want to come back and make some friends here again. I've felt pretty isolated from all the Simming friends I used to have since my boyfriend left me (he's a Sims YTer and I got cut off from a lot of the people we knew when he left. It's been a little lonely, that's really all it was about. Not any kind of grudge or vendetta over something as silly as a Sims challenge).

Like I said, I love your challenge additions and really appreciate what you did and all the work you put into it. I'll keep updating my challenge on SCS if anyone wants to use the rules there, it's fine.

I'll know better than to ever come here again. It's a truly vile place. I'm sorry I ever tried to give it a second chance.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Ashleigh825 - Take care. I wish you well.
  • Options
    SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    Please don't start acting like you're some kind of victim here. Nobody is being "cuthroat" to you or taking pleasure in being mean (because nobody is being mean to you). The issue at hand has nothing to do with you wanting to come back or with you getting back into updating your original thread. The issue is with you coming into THIS thread the way you did, which has been explained to you. Your purpose here has come off to at least several people as trying to bully your way back into being the only version of this thread so that nobody else is getting credit. If your intention was actually to thank Erica for taking up the reigns while you were away and if you were truly okay with two versions of the challenge coexisting you could have done all of this via private messaging and left this thread alone (or at least drama free by only posting about actual game play), but you didn't do that. Instead, you chose the overly-sweet, passive-aggressive method of trying to establish dominance and ownership. People called you on it and now you're upset about that.

Please by all means, stay, update your original thread, join the discussion, reconnect with your old friends, everyone should be able to enjoy these forums, it's what they're here for. However, don't think you can behave the way you have with this situation and not have others here call you out on it.

Now, seriously, back to the original point of this thread!
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Oh for all that is good in this world... Stop pretending like you're some sort of victim. You've been emotionally manipulating me the whole time! This thread was a happy, fun place where everyone was nice to each other and accepting and just sharing their stories. Then you came in and had to come ruin it. The only rude and hurtful person in this whole thread are you. I'm sorry that your boyfriend left you and that you have anxiety issues but that's not a reason to gaslight someone and trying to ruin the fun for everyone else certainly isn't a good way to make friends either. I think the only reason you're giving up now is because Suzie offered to take over and as opposed to me she's a strong person who wouldn't take what you throw at her.

Keep updating your thread in the other community. You know what, if you want I can even link to it in my first post, that's ok for me. I'll keep your credit in here as well and we don't ever have to have any issue again. Hey, I don't even mind if you post in here but if you do that, do it nicely. Don't dare to treat me or anyone else like that ever again.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Apologies, Suzie. I only saw your post once I sent mine, should've refreshed the thread first. I agree, let's get back to the challenge. Since so many are having glitches and bugs because of the toddler patch I thought I'd add a small section in the first post where I'd write down glitches and their possible solutions. Like, feeding the stalker husbands to our cowplants, for example. I really hope locking Paolo in with it will kill him, otherwise I'm going to have to add him to the family :smiley:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    You could also start a dungeon in a dark and gloomy cellar for those unwanted lurkers. :lol:
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you @Erica87 for considering staying. I do enjoy your thread over the other one. I didn't appreciate how Ashleigh825 came in and posted the way she did either.

EDIT: btw.. I am not sure if it was said... it isn't the bassinet by itself that causes the hygiene glitch.. because when it was empty, I was able to bathe the toddlers. It's only when there's a baby in it that has a problem. Also, I put the bassinet outside with the baby inside and tried to bathe the toddler and it didn't help.
  • Options
    Rawla wrote: »
    You could also start a dungeon in a dark and gloomy cellar for those unwanted lurkers. :lol:

I though that was where we keep the vampires?

Didn't I note somewhere that someone said that Daddy goes away when the toddler becomes a child? So it's literally a toddler only glitch? If so, has anyone tried aging a toddler up to child, getting the dad to go away and then aging them back down to see what happens?
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    SuzieSocks wrote: »

I though that was where we keep the vampires?

Didn't I note somewhere that someone said that Daddy goes away when the toddler becomes a child? So it's literally a toddler only glitch? If so, has anyone tried aging a toddler up to child, getting the dad to go away and then aging them back down to see what happens?

That is an interesting idea.
  • Options
    CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    @SuzieSocks if you think that'll make the glitch go away i'll try that right now in a different save file (i don't wanna mess around with my current 100 baby file). Everyone give me like 20-30 min and i'll be back with the results!
  • Options
    @SuzieSocks if you think that'll make the glitch go away i'll try that right now in a different save file (i don't wanna mess around with my current 100 baby file). Everyone give me like 20-30 min and i'll be back with the results!

Thanks! I'm very interested in seeing if this works, as I've known it to be so annoying to several players.
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    Thank you @Erica87 for considering staying. I do enjoy your thread over the other one. I didn't appreciate how Ashleigh825 came in and posted the way she did either.

EDIT: btw.. I am not sure if it was said... it isn't the bassinet by itself that causes the hygiene glitch.. because when it was empty, I was able to bathe the toddlers. It's only when there's a baby in it that has a problem. Also, I put the bassinet outside with the baby inside and tried to bathe the toddler and it didn't help.

OH oh oh!!! I found a spot IN the house that I can put the bassinet that worked though! just on the other side of the double bed was far enough away from the tub.
  • Options
    HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    HeyBails wrote: »
    Does anyone have any house recommendations from the gallery with toddler accommodations? I'd like something big and with kid-specific rooms, but I can't build to save my life.

I have a mini-mansion that sets up nicely for kids. Its in my gallery. The lot name is Pern Hall I think.

I'll have to check it out, thanks!!
  • Options

OH oh oh!!! I found a spot IN the house that I can put the bassinet that worked though! just on the other side of the double bed was far enough away from the tub.

Awesome!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Does anyone have any house recommendations from the gallery with toddler accommodations? I'd like something big and with kid-specific rooms, but I can't build to save my life.

I have a mini-mansion that sets up nicely for kids. Its in my gallery. The lot name is Pern Hall I think.

I'll have to check it out, thanks!!

My pleasure. :)

• Options
    HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    Oooh ooh, I think I was the one that mentioned the dad left when the toddler aged up! Although I did not try aging back down to see if he would come back because a) that hadn't crossed my mind and b) I didn't even know that was a thing that could be done.

Is it only certain baby daddies for you guys, or all of them? Because I had that problem for my first two toddlers, but I have yet to have it for the third.
  • Options

I honestly don't know, it just sort of occurred to me and I don't actually know how to do the deaging thing, so it's awesome of you to go try it! Can't wait to hear what happens. XD
  • Options

This glitch is by far the weirdest I've heard of for any update I think and thankfully not one I've encounters yet *knock wood*
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I have not yet encountered it either. I hope it stays that way. Then again, I haven't played by the rules exactly. I had my Sim get married to her 1st man.

Edit to add: An alien no less. They had twin boys. Purple boys, who are still babies. I think I'll take the good advice and move them to the country before they become toddlers. Raising them in an apartment just sounds like insanity. :tongue:
  • Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    Same here. No glitches yet, thankfully. Wish I could help figure out fixes for you all!
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    It is midnight for me now. Good night everyone. Have fun! :smile:
  • Options
    Oooh ooh, I think I was the one that mentioned the dad left when the toddler aged up! Although I did not try aging back down to see if he would come back because a) that hadn't crossed my mind and b) I didn't even know that was a thing that could be done.

Is it only certain baby daddies for you guys, or all of them? Because I had that problem for my first two toddlers, but I have yet to have it for the third.

I'm only 1 toddler in so I can't answer that yet, but it's interesting that you've only had it with the first two so far.
  • Options
    CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    hello everyone it's me reporting back. So when my testing sim gave birth the father came over after the child was born in the pre-parental panic mood and i was like?? the kid's already out in the world?? and then he wouldn't leave until i aged the toddler up into a child and then i was able to ask him to leave. I de-aged the child back into a toddler and it took the father less than a day to show up again! so this didn't work for me. the toddler's wishes/whims whatever they're called again were kind of bugging out after the aging and de-aging, she was getting emotional whims based on a childhood trait she had received.
  • Options
    Thanks for being the tester on that one. Sounds like it's definitely something the Devs are going to have address before it can be fixed. I sure do hope they do it soon.
  • Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    @VanillaChai I don't like how plum tree displays the fathers either. The person / team who made the plum tree app has a thread here in the forum, you should post your criticism in there and I will do so too a bit later. I don't like to use places like family echo because they are for real families and thus assume that the sims are real people and show recommendations and such based on that. I also think the look of the plum tree app is nicer. I added your link nonetheless.

@Erica87 Okay, so, back to this quote from before the storm happened. Lol. I never had any issues with Family Echo showing recommendations or anything, but I totally agree that it doesn't look as pretty as Plum Tree. I also like that Plum Tree is made specifically for our Sims. If you happen to know the creator or find their thread, do you mind to tag me in it so I can suggest the father thing? I'll look for it as well. :smile:

Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy