Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    I also got the daddy glitch, but eventually the daddy just wandered off. He didn't even say he had to leave. Just up and left. I didn't worry about him hanging about. I was lucky, or unlucky, depending on how you want to look at it since toddlers can be a little hectic, to get twins on my first try, without the lot trait or any other game helpers.

It hasn't been too bad. Mom has been a little tired, but not too terrible. She is due soon with baby number 3. Number 2 was a single and this one is as well.

My main problem will be finding enough room for all the beds without spending a bunch of money expanding the toddlers bedroom.
  • MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »

My main problem will be finding enough room for all the beds without spending a bunch of money expanding the toddlers bedroom.

I had a similar problem 'cause my 3rd child just became a toddler and my 1st was supposed to age up (I didn't bake a cake my matriarch didn't have the time), but it took a really long time and so I had 3 toddlers and only two beds! And obviously with my luck all of them were tired at the same time!
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    SuzieSocks wrote: »
    I've decided I'm just killing off all of the dads from now on via cowplant. Not for the milk or anything, just to get rid of them! They always want to come over or go on a date, and I'm just like no, you don't matter to me at all :D

Ha! So you're doing the 100 Babies Preying Mantis Challenge. XD

Yup :D
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    @CactiSimmer Sorry, I missed your post. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same glitch because moving the bathtub to a different story fixed it but repairing the game did nothing. I just put the names of the fathers into the bio of the kids so I know not to use them, I prefer not to even add them to the tree because then I'd have a whole bunch of people without pictures. Please also post your opinion on the fathers in the plum tree app thread. There's a person from the team active here, if we all complain about it they might change it :smile:
    @VanillaChai I don't like how plum tree displays the fathers either. The person / team who made the plum tree app has a thread here in the forum, you should post your criticism in there and I will do so too a bit later. I don't like to use places like family echo because they are for real families and thus assume that the sims are real people and show recommendations and such based on that. I also think the look of the plum tree app is nicer. I added your link nonetheless.
    @Mareviola Sims don't age up when they're pregnant, that's absolutely normal in this game. If you want to change that, MC command center has an option for it. I personally like that they don't age so I left that option alone. Congrats on Lilian's fourth child!
    @Rawla Love your new avatar!
    @OneAdorkableGirl I've fixed the issue by moving the bathtub on the top floor. The problem arose when I had the baby crib and bathtub on the second floor. I'm not yet sure if I have the glitch again, it might just be random chance, but if I do have it I'll just randomize gender and count with mc command center because I really don't feel like restarting a fifth time. As for vampires, you yourself can still choose to make your matriarch one, you just have to realize that then you're going to be stuck with her for a really long time if you don't age her up via cake. The sibling rivalry seems like a great story idea!
    @RubeySim So apparently recessive and dominant don't matter... That's a bit disappointing. Apparently sims just randomly get one of their parent's traits. I wish they'd made the genetics a bit more complicated than that.
    @marildm I'm glad the next matriarch is around already :smile:
    @Broncos4life I thought about doing a similar thing as well, unfortunately I tend to feel sorry for them and it's really hard to kill off sims so I didn't do it. I do however plan on killing Jacques for how rude he was to Rose v2.
    @SuzieSocks Fixed your thread link! If you want the old thread closed or have a similar problem a second time you could probably ping SimStaffBethelle, she seems to be responsible for the forums here.
    @Fizzstix Place the bathtub on a different floor than the baby crib.

I'm heading back to play my save again now.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
    About the bath glitch:
    I remember I read here somewhere someone saying it was the bassinet that would kinda caused it and that they move the bathtub upstairs or outside.
    I tried putting outside and it didn't work. but then I noticed that one my last baby became a toddler I could bath the others so I think it's not the bassinet the problem but the baby.
    So since I don't have enough space/money to create a second floor, I just took the baby/bassinet and moved it in the unreachable attic and I finally could bathe the toddlers! Obviously baby Debora started crying but it was worth it! Let's hope it wasn't just a coincidence 'cause I need to find a way to bath them until they fix the problem!

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »

@Rawla Love your new avatar!

I'm heading back to play my save again now.

Thanks! Have fun! <3

Guys... Paolo Rocca is back :disappointed: This is really annoying. Sorry but no Paolo, you do not get to see your children, especially not if you behaved like a deadbeat dad for the whole time before the patch. Just because they're toddlers now does not mean you are allowed to turn up here without me even having the option to send you away. Stalker!

I swear I'm going to get a cowplant and feed him to it, I swear! Starting to really loose my patience with that sim.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @Fizzstix and anyone else that has the toddler bathing issue. I had the problem, too, and here's how I fixed it.

Toddler_bath_issue.jpg

The Red circles are the bathtub where I bath toddlers, and the babies new locations. The red X's is where the babies would be and I couldn't bath the toddlers. As long as the babies were near the bathtub, I couldn't bath the toddler. The adult would put them in and take them right back out.

I moved the infants far from the tub and have no problems bathing toddlers now.

I have the uninvited daddy issue, too. I've yet to find a permanent way to rid myself of him as long as his child is a toddler. I've tried traveling with him, he'll stay gone a short time and come back. I've tried evicting the family and moving them back in. He always comes back. I've taken to just making him leave with MCCC, but he, of course, comes back.

My understanding it is an issue with a parent needing to take care of their toddler. Something the sims team will definitely have to tweak cause if a sim isn't living with the toddler, they should have no desire to care for the child UNLESS they are actually on the lot with the child. Not have the need to show up to the lot to do so. And we should certainly be able to ask them to leave.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Guys... Paolo Rocca is back :disappointed: This is really annoying. Sorry but no Paolo, you do not get to see your children, especially not if you behaved like a deadbeat dad for the whole time before the patch. Just because they're toddlers now does not mean you are allowed to turn up here without me even having the option to send you away. Stalker!

I swear I'm going to get a cowplant and feed him to it, I swear! Starting to really loose my patience with that sim.

:D:D:D I've killed two baby daddy's with MCCC just cause they were taking the stalker-daddy role too far. As soon as I'd send them away, they were right back at the house. It was driving me bonkers!
    p8L4V6v.png
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    @Fizzstix and anyone else that has the toddler bathing issue. I had the problem, too, and here's how I fixed it.

The Red circles are the bathtub where I bath toddlers, and the babies new locations. The red X's is where the babies would be and I couldn't bath the toddlers. As long as the babies were near the bathtub, I couldn't bath the toddler. The adult would put them in and take them right back out.

I moved the infants far from the tub and have no problems bathing toddlers now.

At this point it really seems like the solution is to have the bassinet with the baby inside as far away from the bathtub as possible! I'll try it!

• SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    The Daddy Won't Leave issue is REAALLLLLY starting to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off. First I had to put a bed into the fancy building in my park so that Poppy could go try to get pregnant again because he kept chasing her suitors off when she invited them over to the house. Now he's actively interfering in her ability to care for toddler Mal! In the middle of trying to feed her he'll come over and take her out of the high chair and walk away with her. Poppy will put her to bed and he'll go wake her up. I'll try to have Poppy teach her something only to have him get to her first, pick her up and take her to another room. I'm ready for Poppy to chop him up and use him as bait for fishing! It's infuriating!!

I did decide to cheat a new, bigger, fancier house for them to console myself for having to deal with all this nonsense. XD
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    I guess that explains why I don't have the hygiene issue... The only bathtub I have in my house is in the basement and the bassinets are on the first and second floor usually.
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

SuzieSocks wrote: »
    The Daddy Won't Leave issue is REAALLLLLY starting to plum me off. First I had to put a bed into the fancy building in my park so that Poppy could go try to get pregnant again because he kept chasing her suitors off when she invited them over to the house. Now he's actively interfering in her ability to care for toddler Mal! In the middle of trying to feed her he'll come over and take her out of the high chair and walk away with her. Poppy will put her to bed and he'll go wake her up. I'll try to have Poppy teach her something only to have him get to her first, pick her up and take her to another room. I'm ready for Poppy to chop him up and use him as bait for fishing! It's infuriating!!

I did decide to cheat a new, bigger, fancier house for them to console myself for having to deal with all this nonsense. XD

I know how you feel, I really do. This is why I've come from being indifferent to Paolo to completely hating him. So far the only solution I've found is to use the mc command center's cheat module to make him leave whenever he turns up at our doorstep. MC command center also would allow you to kill him, the only reason why I won't do that is because I feel like it's a tiny bit too cheaty. I'm thinking about killing him by locking him in with the cowplant but I kind of expect him to just teleport out of the fence because he left a locked room once... Apparently the game considers these dads part of the household.

This needs to be adressed in a patch and they better do it quick, before we all loose our minds.
    edited January 2017
    I think Juliet inherited Josh's eyes but she still got a shade of red hair and with that she's the fourth ginger. To me right now it's pretty clear that the genes are just randomly picked from their parents, which is unfortunate because I picked red so that the kids would preferably get their fathers hair and eye colors because that way I'd have a really diverse set of kids. Oh well, Juliet did roll freckles though and of the toddlers I have at the moment she's definitely the cutest. She also got the fussy trait... Not sure how much I like that! :smiley:

Well.. building a 2nd floor really isn't an option at this time. The house isn't big enough to have the bassinet far enough away from the bathtub. Not sure what else to do. I suppose I could go through the motions of giving them a bath, but then cheat the need with the mod I have. Below is the layout of the house. The bassinet is currently empty, but my matriarch is due to give birth in a day and half with baby #4.
    32306985221_bbbbe71b06_b.jpg
    edited January 2017
    Well.. building a 2nd floor really isn't an option at this time. The house isn't big enough to have the bassinet far enough away from the bathtub. Not sure what else to do. I suppose I could go through the motions of giving them a bath, but then cheat the need with the mod I have. Below is the layout of the house. The bassinet is currently empty, but my matriarch is due to give birth in a day and half with baby #4.

It also works if you place the bathtub outside if your house is on a fountain foundation. Since it seems like yours is, this would probably be a better solution instead of cheating.

It also works if you place the bathtub outside if your house is on a fountain foundation. Since it seems like yours is, this would probably be a better solution instead of cheating.

Ahh Okay.. I'll see how that work. Thank you.
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    So I posted this in my original thread but figured I would also post here about it as well. I'm terribly sorry @Erica87, it looks like you did a great job updating the rules when everyone here thought I had stopped updating the challenge, and it's completely my fault for not realising that people on the official forums had been left hanging, but I actually never stopped updating the challenge. I just moved it to a fan site.
    Hey guys!

Okay so this is completely my fault because I forgot to link to the updated rules in this thread but someone just brought it to my attention today that everyone here thought I stopped updating this challenge. I never stopped updating it. I just left the official forums because of all the negativity Sims 4 was getting at the time. I love The Sims 4. I come here to talk about a game I love, not read people bashing it for everything it doesn't have yet. (If you hate it that much, why do you pour so much energy into talking about how much you hate it on the forums? Why not just stop playing and find a game you like?)

I ended up finding a new home on Sims Community Social and staying there. I've been updating my challenges there the entire time I've been away from the official forums, but like I said, it was completely my own fault for failing to announce that here.

These are the updated rules in a handy Google Doc, complete with a Table of Contents so you can click a shortcut directly to the section you're looking for. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z7DJgxbyViBnE93PEnBHk6iGSjbWOfoit9xiYPMNM6Q/edit?usp=sharing

This is the thread on Sims Community Social where I've been posting my challenges: http://simscommunity.info/social/threads/official-100-baby-challenge.264/
    Oh great, you're back.

What am I supposed to do now?
    So I posted this in my original thread but figured I would also post here about it as well. I'm terribly sorry @Erica87, it looks like you did a great job updating the rules when everyone here thought I had stopped updating the challenge, and it's completely my fault for not realising that people on the official forums had been left hanging, but I actually never stopped updating the challenge. I just moved it to a fan site.

I am grateful that @Erica87 stepped up because you left. Thank you for giving the reason why. I'm sorry you had a frustrating experience here. *hugs*
    Oh great, you're back.

I felt so bad when I realised you had put so much work into updating the rules when it wasn't needed. :'( Your banners look incredible (and so does your avatar, like wow, major A++ for your graphic design! <3<3<3 ) I was only just made aware that there was a duplicate challenge yesterday by a friend who frequents these forums. I had no idea that people couldn't find my challenge where I had moved it. I thought I made an announcement about it but it turns out my memory was faulty and I didn't. I'm very sorry. :(
    You can't just silently move everything into a different forum and expect everyone to find that out by themselves. I've pinged you multiple times, you didn't even bother to come here for 2 years and you only updated the rules on the 17th, I updated mine two days before that. I'm not sure what kind of reaction you expect from me right now @Ashleigh825. Maybe you could've come forward before someone else did all the work, you know.
    edited January 2017
    You can't just silently move everything into a different forum and expect everyone to find that out by themselves. I've pinged you multiple times, you didn't even bother to come here for 2 years and you only updated the rules on the 17th, I updated mine two days before that. I'm not sure what kind of reaction you expect from me right now @Ashleigh825. Maybe you could've come forward before someone else did all the work, you know.

Like I said, I thought I had said I was moving the challenge, but my memory failed me, clearly. I wouldn't have received your pings if I wasn't on the forums. I also rushed here to try and correct the mistake as soon as I was made aware of it. I'm not sure how much more apologetic I can be. At first I felt absolutely awful for you so I came into the forums with nothing but kindness towards you and praise for what you did when you thought I stopped updating, but now that I've gotten such rude responses back, I really don't feel as bad now.

I guess people can choose to follow your rules or mine. It's not a contest, there's no laws saying only one version of a challenge is allowed, and I'm certainly not the challenge police, so I'm not sure why you think all the hostility is necessary.

And your comment about doing "all the work" is a bit of a stretch. You copy/pasted my words ver batim into this thread (which was fine, you credited me, but you still didn't write them). You just added some updates. I'm pretty sure I did most of the work on this challenge and have been doing so since I started it.
    Oh great, you're back.

I felt so bad when I realised you had put so much work into updating the rules when it wasn't needed. :'( Your banners look incredible (and so does your avatar, like wow, major A++ for your graphic design! <3<3<3 ) I was only just made aware that there was a duplicate challenge yesterday by a friend who frequents these forums. I had no idea that people couldn't find my challenge where I had moved it. I thought I made an announcement about it but it turns out my memory was faulty and I didn't. I'm very sorry. :(

Its very nice that you could come back and share with us where you ended up. But you did disappear and so this update that @Erica87 made on our behalf was, indeed, needed very much. We do treasure the time you did spend in bringing it to the Sims 4 from where the original challenge creator had posted it. Thank you for that. I prefer to follow the challenge that will be updated on these forums. It is sad that you left.
    Rawla wrote: »
    Oh great, you're back.

Its very nice that you could come back and share with us where you ended up. But you did disappear and so this update that @Erica87 made on our behalf was, indeed, needed very much. We do treasure the time you did spend in bringing it to the Sims 4 from where the original challenge creator had posted it. Thank you for that. I prefer to follow the challenge that will be updated on these forums. It is sad that you left.

The challenge is being updated on these forums in my original thread. :) I actually found a handy way to make sure nothing like this happens again by using Google Docs. I can just update the document once and everywhere I've posted that document will automatically be updated. I recently revamped it, too, to make it easier to follow and added a Table of Contents with links to the different sections and everything, so it should be much more organized than my original version that was posted here before. <3