Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    @Rawla You might want to post in the 'official' thread. This one is still going to be closed, hopefully. I only edited the post because I realized that SimStaffBethelle isn't active any longer. I sent @SimGuruDrake a PM instead.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    @Rawla You might want to post in the 'official' thread. This one is still going to be closed, hopefully. I only edited the post because I realized that SimStaffBethelle isn't active any longer. I sent @SimGuruDrake a PM instead.

Understood. Thank you for giving me the heads up.
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Thanks for the heads up, Erica. I'm really sorry about all of this again. :(
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @Ashleigh825 I have to chime in here. You claim to have been "updating the rules all along" on the other forum, yet you went from mid June to just a couple days ago not even posting updates there. And the only reason you came back here is because Erica updated the rules. Otherwise, you wouldn't have come back then to update them.

And, yes, you are being very fake and overly friendly trying to gain dominance over what you see as someone encroaching on your rules. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm honestly not but I don't think Erica should be attacked for picking up the slack you had with what you consider your own challenge. If you was so worried about it, you wouldn't have completely abandoned it for, what, two years over here?

And you not once said anything about "happily allowing both sets of rules to be in play" until Erica wasn't buying into the overly nice act... you was, from the start, trying to get everyone back over to your thread. Now, see it from Erica's point of view. She was only trying to help players that hadn't abandoned the challenge, that wanted updated rules to follow. And she just did what she thought players wanted (which we did).

Like I said, I'm not being rude, I just don't think Erica getting attitude from you is fair, AT ALL. It could have been any one of us to have updated the rules. If it was truly that important to you, maybe you should have updated the rules here anyways. I understand the forums can be toxic and not wanting to visit with players here and read all the negitivity. But it takes all of 5 minutes, max, to update the rules for each new pack/ep (I'm talking actual typing time, not figuring out the rules). I think, if you was so worried about it, 5 minutes wouldn't have been that big a deal to update the rules and go back to your happy place. Just cause you are on these forums doesn't mean you have to participate in sections you are unhappy with.

@Erica87 Please don't close this thread down. Many of us like it here in the new thread and people can decide which they would rather do. It's not a competition. Options are always good to have. Maybe a different approach would be to alter these rules. Type out your own set and call it Option 2 or Version 2 or something. I'd help you, if that is something you'd like to do and would like help with.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Ashleigh825 - :) No problem. There are so many bigger problems in the world. It's best to just "agree to disagree". ^.^

Sadly, I will no longer (Well... more like just a hiatus until further notice) be updating my youtube baby challenge, or my new one with Gemma. My CPU fan went out on my pc yesterday; I had been monitoring it for days and it finally just said. "Nope, I'm done." :'( While a CPU fan is not expensive, I feel like it could be more than just a fan issue and possibly another fan/Power Supply issue. So, I shut my computer down yesterday and will not be able to use it again until the problem is fixed. Which will be awhile since I can't afford to go .. paying a repair guy to fix it. :'( I'm pretty bummed.

But - it's not all bad news because I can still use my sisters PC; it's just.. I had a lot of CC from creators that have since removed their content and also.. I had a lot. But I'm going to look at this in a positive way and say that it was time for a fresh new start anyways. This way I can organized my Mods folder better and also have a clean game from Sims and Saves. :)

*edit* - I would really hate to see this thread closed. I really don't see why there's an issue. I mean for it to be open. I wish you two could work something out. :( We're all really enjoying this thread.
  • Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    I hate that this has gotten so out of hand. I really liked what we had going here.

@Ashleigh825 - While I don't think you were necessarily rude in any way, I think this should've been handled better. Honestly, I feel that if you were okay with abandoning the thread for 2 years, and you came back to see that someone else was trying to help out (and that the thread was active), you should have simply left it as it was.
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    @OneAdorkableGirl - Oh dear. I'm sorry you are having computer troubles. And with all that CC it must be disappointing. I love your attitude about it though.
  • Options
    @Ashleigh825 - :) No problem. There are so many bigger problems in the world. It's best to just "agree to disagree". ^.^

Sadly, I will no longer (Well... more like just a hiatus until further notice) be updating my youtube baby challenge, or my new one with Gemma. My CPU fan went out on my pc yesterday; I had been monitoring it for days and it finally just said. "Nope, I'm done." :'( While a CPU fan is not expensive, I feel like it could be more than just a fan issue and possibly another fan/Power Supply issue. So, I shut my computer down yesterday and will not be able to use it again until the problem is fixed. Which will be awhile since I can't afford to go .. paying a repair guy to fix it. :'( I'm pretty bummed.

But - it's not all bad news because I can still use my sisters PC; it's just.. I had a lot of CC from creators that have since removed their content and also.. I had a lot. But I'm going to look at this in a positive way and say that it was time for a fresh new start anyways. This way I can organized my Mods folder better and also have a clean game from Sims and Saves. :)

Oh man I hate when I lose my games because of PC problems! :( That's one downside to PC gaming. So many things can go wrong with your hardware. Too bad The Sims 4 isn't on consoles, but if it was, it would probably be pretty stripped down, I guess. Sims games in the past have been pretty lackluster in comparison to the PC version.

I hope you can play your challenge again soon! I've been having a few problems myself, but I just did an Origin repair and reset my game to factory settings (without uninstalling) and I don't use mods or CC so I hope that's cleared it all up. *fingers crossed*

Like you, I'm just going to try to stay positive about everything. Too much sad, infuriating stuff in the world that's actually worth being upset about so I want The Sims to be my escape from all of that. I'll just focus on the positive and ignore the negative. It's just a game and it should be fun. :)
  • Options

*edit* - I would really hate to see this thread closed. I really don't see why there's an issue. I mean for it to be open. I wish you two could work something out. :( We're all really enjoying this thread.

Oh no! I'm glad you're looking at it positively, though. Fresh starts are good... and like you said, now you can organize things a bit better. Kinda makes me want to remove all of mine and organize them haha.

• Options
    Just a note to inform and remind, this new thread is something several of us asked for. And we are glad to have it. Thank you @Erica87 for taking this on, at our request.
  • Options
    And it is late, so I'm going to sneak into my game and see what mischief I can get into. :smiley:
  • Options
    @OneAdorkableGirl I'm sorry to hear about your CPU fan, however I think if there's one thing you should be careful with it's the power supply. If that breaks it might actually damage the rest of your computer. So it's a good idea to have someone else look at it. As for the custom content, I really wish we had a sims 4 graveyard... :smile:

Sorry about closing the thread and the mess. I'll still follow all of your challenges wherever you're updating them but personally I've decided to drop mine and start something new.

Thanks @ChelleJo for seeing through the gaslighting.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    It would be great if everyone would return to the official thread to post so that this one can die.
    Thank you all for being an awesome group of people to play this challenge with.
  • Options
    CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    Okay I'm not going to go back to the "official thread" i honestly hate it and find it super crowded and i like how it's just been the like seven of us here it's like a group chat but better <3<3<3 . @Erica87 i'm really sad to see this thread closing down, is it too late to ask for it to be stayed open? All of us being here and responding to one another so quickly honestly made me want to keep going. I don't know if I want to keep on with it now that this will be over
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Rawla - Aww, thank you. I'm trying, this PC is pretty much my world, lol. Just because it has my work on it, and of course... my addiction. (Sims). I was really sad last night when it happened, ended up curling up to a comedy show to help me laugh it off. I can't catch a break with this computer, though; it's the third time I will be fixing this CPU fan. :(

@Ashleigh825 - Yeah, it's not fun at all! On and off in the last year or so, I've been having PC issues; fix them and then it turns around and happens again. If I had the money, I would just buy me a brand new computer and just say bye to this one, but I'm poor, so, lol. Just gonna let it go, and try my best to fix it with time.

Yeah, I can't play Sims on Console. I have to have it on PC (You can't have CC on the console, or get expansion packs, etc..). That's just the pros and cons of my love for the game. Gonna have some bad, but it doesn't have to be, if I don't let it. :) It's just a new chapter until my PC is healthy again. Sorry to hear you were having issues. Fingers crossed for your game to be fixed with a reset. But I think a lot of the problems have came with the latest patch. So, hopefully EA will release a patch soon to fix the issues that have occured. :)

I hope you both can find a common ground. I hope you both enjoy your games and have a fantastic weekend. ^.^

@VanillaChai - Thank you, Vanilla. :) Fresh starts can be a lot of fun. I'm just glad that I didn't start fully working on recreating/making over townies; I was so inspired by @Erica87 's game that I wanted to fix some of the issues I had with townies. At least I can do that with more ease this time with a fresh start. ^.^

Lol! Yeah, I always want to redo my mods folder, but because I have over 10K files.. I start working on it and then I give up because I just want to play, but now I have no reason not to do it. D;

@Erica87 - Thanks, Erica, :) yeah, that's exactly why I turned it off.. I was like. *Pokes PC* why.. you gotta do this to me? 4 days away from Vampires game pack... and you just.. break on me. *flops over*. But it's okay, I definitely feel that a CPU fan is very easily fixable; and it's better to shut it off as to like you said not damage anything else. You have no idea how much I wish we had a Sims 4 Graveyard for CC, lol. I'm always losing CC, or trying to start over and this is one reason why I can't fully do that.

I'm sorry to see you go. Really hope you reconsider/come back. I absolutely loved hearing about your Baby Challenge and how well, or.. not so well it was going (with the little gender issues) and what not. You have such a beautiful little Sims family and it was nice getting to see how their genetics turned out.
  • Options
    I gave in and made a Tumblr - mostly so I could follow everyone's stories. :smile:
    Eventually I may add more photos as a glimpse of what's going on in my Wordpress 100 baby challenge blog - but I just wanted to get everyone into my feed so I could check it all out once I'm caught up... in case this thread goes away.

• Options
    HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    Does anyone have any house recommendations from the gallery with toddler accommodations? I'd like something big and with kid-specific rooms, but I can't build to save my life.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Oh man I hate when I lose my games because of PC problems! :( That's one downside to PC gaming. So many things can go wrong with your hardware. Too bad The Sims 4 isn't on consoles, but if it was, it would probably be pretty stripped down, I guess. Sims games in the past have been pretty lackluster in comparison to the PC version.

I hope you can play your challenge again soon! I've been having a few problems myself, but I just did an Origin repair and reset my game to factory settings (without uninstalling) and I don't use mods or CC so I hope that's cleared it all up. *fingers crossed*

Like you, I'm just going to try to stay positive about everything. Too much sad, infuriating stuff in the world that's actually worth being upset about so I want The Sims to be my escape from all of that. I'll just focus on the positive and ignore the negative. It's just a game and it should be fun. :)

A few issues have popped up with the toddler patch. A few big ones is the baby daddy issue. Where they show up uninvited and can't be asked to leave. Another is the bathing glitch. With a baby nearby, you can't bath a toddler. You have to move the baby or the tub further from one another. In some cases, it has to be pretty far away. I really hope the sims team gets us fixes soon. And I hope they tweak the need to care for the toddler. I understand toddlers need lots of care, love, and attention, but my sim will literally stop writing to go check on toddler when the toddler has all green needs. It's one thing if they need something, but when the toddler is fine... makes no sense.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    Ugh! As soon as I saw the creator of the original thread suddenly back and calling her version "Official" I absolutely knew this was going to happen.

Don't know why any of this was even remotely necessary. There was nothing to "resolve". While I think that Erica might have gotten defensive a little quickly I'm left feeling like the only reason Ashleigh ever bothered to come post in this thread was to make sure everyone knew that this was "her" challenge and that nobody else was getting credit for it. Again, it was completely unnecessary since there really is no such thing as an "official" challenge and people take challenge rules as a base and change them up for their own use all the time and the original thread and it's creator were credited.

I for one prefer this version and this thread won't go back to the original if this one is closed. Everyone just go back to their respective threads and chill please.

Whoever the drama llama is that "reported" on their being a new thread I hope you're happy with yourself, you knew what you were doing.

Now, can we go back to talking about annoying toddler daddy issues and pictures of our game please.
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    HeyBails wrote: »
    Does anyone have any house recommendations from the gallery with toddler accommodations? I'd like something big and with kid-specific rooms, but I can't build to save my life.

I have a mini-mansion that sets up nicely for kids. Its in my gallery. The lot name is Pern Hall I think.
  • Options
    SuzieSocks wrote: »
    Ugh! As soon as I saw the creator of the original thread suddenly back and calling her version "Official" I absolutely knew this was going to happen.

Don't know why any of this was even remotely necessary. There was nothing to "resolve". While I think that Erica might have gotten defensive a little quickly I'm left feeling like the only reason Ashleigh ever bothered to come post in this thread was to make sure everyone knew that this was "her" challenge and that nobody else was getting credit for it. Again, it was completely unnecessary since there really is no such thing as an "official" challenge and people take challenge rules as a base and change them up for their own use all the time and the original thread and it's creator were credited.

I for one prefer this version and this thread won't go back to the original if this one is closed. Everyone just go back to their respective threads and chill please.

Whoever the drama llama is that "reported" on their being a new thread I hope you're happy with yourself, you knew what you were doing.

Now, can we go back to talking about annoying toddler daddy issues and pictures of our game please.

hahaha Yes. And I hope I don't get that annoying issue happen to me. Someone had the right of it I think. Cowplant to the rescue! :lol:
  • Options
    Actually, @Erica87 if you really don't want to take care of this thread any longer because of all of this, I would ask if you wouldn't mind sending over the coded versions of the first posts because I will gladly take over and remake the thread.
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    @SuzieSocks I'll send you a message about this.
  • Options
    I agree that the two challenges can co-exist? I always said that. Although @SuzieSocks, if you make your own version, I do not give you permission to use anything from the challenge I wrote. You'll have to rewrite from scratch, which you're perfectly free to do. Also, my thread always had official in the title, I didn't change it just to irritate anyone.
  • Options
    I agree that the two challenges can co-exist? I always said that. Although @SuzieSocks, if you make your own version, I do not give you permission to use anything from the challenge I wrote. You'll have to rewrite from scratch, which you're perfectly free to do. Also, my thread always had official in the title, I didn't change it just to irritate anyone.

And this comment right here proves exactly why you really came back and why you really posted here. Gaslighting ain't cool lady.