Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers Excluded

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cafes irl are supposed to be a quiet place to read or get work done while having a drink or food. In a lot of places at least it's very rude to bring a small child.

Same with alot of fancy restaurants but we should have the ability to choose whether it's for adults or familys.

Edit: it's beyond me why they didn't add laptops IN get together seeing as how laptops and cafes go hand in hand.

I'd expect laptops to come with a University expansion if one is on the drawing board. As for the restaurants, maybe just the presence of high chairs could be the indication that the restaurant is toddler-friendly, and if no high chairs then send the little devil off to day care or call the nanny.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I've already tried to have a toddler use a tent, but there was no options to even interact with it. I have a feeling that someone will probably come out with a mod for this one. But I was thinking, about using a toddler bed, and build a "tent" like fixture, and pretend it's a tent.

Reminds me I need to go edit a couple of my family cabins to add toddler beds (and maybe some extra toys though I've already got a toybox for the older kids).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited January 2017
    Cafes irl are supposed to be a quiet place to read or get work done while having a drink or food. In a lot of places at least it's very rude to bring a small child.

Same with alot of fancy restaurants but we should have the ability to choose whether it's for adults or familys.

Edit: it's beyond me why they didn't add laptops IN get together seeing as how laptops and cafes go hand in hand.

Bringing small children inside a cafe is considered rude but men can freely enter the women's washroom.

What a strange society we've become.
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Strollers would be nice with the option to seat them next to you in it and feed them bites of food.

OR they could make them like a portable highchair where you could place food or toys on the tray area.

I think booster seats for existing chairs would be even better, that way you wouldn't have to worry about having tables with a multiple high chairs at them, it would simple "convert" the current chairs.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    wyn wrote: »
    Strollers would be nice with the option to seat them next to you in it and feed them bites of food.

OR they could make them like a portable highchair where you could place food or toys on the tray area.

I think booster seats for existing chairs would be even better, that way you wouldn't have to worry about having tables with a multiple high chairs at them, it would simple "convert" the current chairs.

I would love to see EA come out with a future pack, that would add a whole lot more toddler stuff; hair, clothing, booster seat, buggy (the stroller that a baby can lay down in) a stroller that holds one toddler, twins, triplets, and also up to 4 toddlers, I think that is called quads. Also not to forget that to add the option for a parent to use the stroller for when they go jogging. I would love to see some portable things added, such as playpen that the toddlers can sleep in, I'm not sure what it's called. This would be for those time a parent can take this item with them, and if their little one gets sleepy, they have a place to sleep, and the parents can still enjoy their time out where ever they are at. I know there is a ton more things I could add.
  • Options
    DeDeplus3DeDeplus3 Posts: 199 Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > Can a simguru please let us know if there will be an update in due course to allow toddlers to attend cafes and restaurants? @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruDrake
    >
    > It is very frustrating! It's not like I want to take my toddler out to a bar, I just want them to be able to sit in a highchair and share a meal out with the family.
    >
    > To those who have done the 'work around' - how are you managing to succeed with this? When I called my toddler to the restaurant from daycare, it would not allow me to put the toddler in the highchair without totally cancelling their meal and starting again and, even then, it was not without frustrating problems.

Totally Agreed
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    This thread was last active over a year ago. As a result I will be closing it off, as necroposting is against our forum rules and just something to be mindful of ^^ I'll pop the forum rule on necroing below but if you have questions surrounding necroposting please review this thread HERE and feel free to post in there.
    Don’ts
    Doing something on this list often can get you suspended, or sometimes even banned.
    Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old.

If there are new users reading this and find the workaround or suggestions aren't working, a super thoughtful forum member has started these two threads to help new members who may have issues with their game so that the much older threads don't need to be bumped back up. Please click on the Sims 3 or Sims 4 to be directed to the relevant thread for your gaming issues :)
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top