Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forgotten Hollow

What do you plan to do with your 5 lots?

I, for sure, am going to make a bed and breakfast on one of them and set it as generic so that all of my sims living in other worlds can go there to stay for a few days if they want. And also so that vamps living in other worlds can go too.

I figure I will also make an exclusive vamp lounge on one of the lots as well.

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    That's what it's called. The Forgotten Hollow?

Probably forget about it. maybe just make the world one big Cemetery.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

But time works differently there and it is night longer than in the other worlds.
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I'm thinking of a restaurant with an unique menu and a park with tents so my sims can go and "camp out."
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I heard it's a forever night neighborhood. I'm just excited to just see how that will work.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I love the B&B idea! I think I'll probably build one too :) I wonder if ther is a hack that allows you to place rental lots in non-vacation worlds hmmm
  • Options
    SimMommy05 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of a restaurant with an unique menu and a park with tents so my sims can go and "camp out."

That's an idea too! A little campground.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    I'm thinking one lot will be a general gathering place for the local residents - something that's got everything it needs to be a Restaurant, Bar, Cafe, Nightclub, or Lounge depending on my mood and how it turns out the Vampires get on in those different options.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I love the B&B idea! I think I'll probably build one too :) I wonder if ther is a hack that allows you to place rental lots in non-vacation worlds hmmm

I don't know. I know that as generic, not many sims attend the lot aside from yours, but I think I recall the devs saying they fixed that so others go to it too.
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I want it to look like in the trailer, might redecorate some things inside tho. :)
    Hope the houses are all already included or will be uploaded in the gallery.
  • Options
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    I want it to look like in the trailer, might redecorate some things inside tho. :)
    Hope the houses are all already included or will be uploaded in the gallery.

They said that only one lot is empty for building. I went on the gallery last night looking for suitable houses for the world and saved them to my library. It will depend on whether I like the ones in game enough as to whether I replace them or not. And it will depend on which of their premades is living where as to whether I shuffle them around or not.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

But time works differently there and it is night longer than in the other worlds.

Great, the sims created their version of Realm of Darkness... next thing we know the world corrupts humans that visit, and there's this negative poison in the air that makes them depressed and gloomy.

Well it looks rather small... But bigger than The hidden lots we have... Maybe there's only 5 lots, but a lot of roaming room, to explore... I hope.
    the lots are probably small. like 40x30, 20x30, no room to build a castle.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I'm probably gonna treat as the typical vampires' getaway: Pub, couple houses, and the Registrar for my vampire sim Lady Amalthea to live where she keeps the records of all known vampires in my save starting from when she took up the job. Will probably have it that one of my AI sims had the placed sealed. Probably for good reason.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Planning on doing it as kind of a ruin- the whole neighborhood-very forgotten and in decay. Using the distressed stuff from Spooky Pack, CL and now this pack I think a fairly convincing build can be done. I'd love to see some broken windows in the future though to complete the look- OH, and a crumbling fireplace stack, ha!

Great, the sims created their version of Realm of Darkness... next thing we know the world corrupts humans that visit, and there's this negative poison in the air that makes them depressed and gloomy.

Well it looks rather small... But bigger than The hidden lots we have... Maybe there's only 5 lots, but a lot of roaming room, to explore... I hope.

Has anyone heard anything about lot size yet? I do think if you have a 30x40 lot you could build the entire neighborhood into a fairly convincing "castle estate" with a main manor house on the largest lot and then the other four lots set as dependencies around it- a servants/kitchen building, maybe a guest house and a dowager house and finally a stable building of some sort I'd think or a crafting/barn type building. I think it could be done, although you'd have loading screen to go from building to building :( but in the end I'd think it'd work.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I was thinking about a B&B for vampires but, since they don't sleep in beds or eat, I'm going to call it a Grave & Gorge.

The visiting vamps may have their own suite in the basement away from those morning sun rays. Can't have that can we!
  • Options
    Planning on doing it as kind of a ruin- the whole neighborhood-very forgotten and in decay. Using the distressed stuff from Spooky Pack, CL and now this pack I think a fairly convincing build can be done. I'd love to see some broken windows in the future though to complete the look- OH, and a crumbling fireplace stack, ha!

Has anyone heard anything about lot size yet? I do think if you have a 30x40 lot you could build the entire neighborhood into a fairly convincing "castle estate" with a main manor house on the largest lot and then the other four lots set as dependencies around it- a servants/kitchen building, maybe a guest house and a dowager house and finally a stable building of some sort I'd think or a crafting/barn type building. I think it could be done, although you'd have loading screen to go from building to building :( but in the end I'd think it'd work.

I am sure they will have at least one that's 50x50 or 64x64 because they know creators will want to build that castle.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I was thinking about a B&B for vampires but, since they don't sleep in beds or eat, I'm going to call it a Grave & Gorge.

The visiting vamps may have their own suite in the basement away from those morning sun rays. Can't have that can we!

Very true. I'm also thinking about some type of cathedral fallen into disrepair with underground catacombs where I will place several urns from dead sims from long ago (using the period clothing) for my vampires to visit dead relatives that were prey or refused the gift and died.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I'm planning to create a bar or a club like Fangtasia from True Blood where the basement is a hang out for a Vampires only club :)
  • Options
    CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    No, clue.

I have to get in there and take a look around first and wait for inspiration to hit.

Well, let me take that back. I will be deleting all the pre-mades and all the EA lots. It's just how I play, I like having a fully customized game.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited January 2017

Just eyeballing it, I'd say the 4 lots around the main square are 30x30/30x40 and the 5th lot (on the hill) is either a 50x50 or 64x64.

5xKQtnv.png
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

Just eyeballing it, I'd say the 4 lots around the main square are 30x30/30x40 and the 5th lot (on the hill) is either a 50x50 or 64x64.

That would be awesome, I think, especially having the larger lot on the hill. Perfect place for the manor house with a small village below it. Thinking along those lines I'd probably do the other four lots as quasi commercial with living space above for the owners and their families. I'm getting fairly excited about having this darker more menacing world to play around with.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited January 2017
    What do you plan to do with your 5 lots?

I, for sure, am going to make a bed and breakfast on one of them and set it as generic so that all of my sims living in other worlds can go there to stay for a few days if they want. And also so that vamps living in other worlds can go too.

I figure I will also make an exclusive vamp lounge on one of the lots as well.

OMG! that is what I was going to do, make a place there for My other creations to be able to stay a few days, to funny, Great minds think alike it seems , :)

P.S. I am also going to add in a creepy Lounge Diner type place, and also a night club for Vampires to go to, also a Cemetery, but I saw one in the Video, so I might keep that or change it, :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I haven't decided yet. This may be the first time I don't want to bulldoze an entire block built by Maxis. Just sayin' since I always want to put my own ideas in a world. I want to see those houses first, who lives in them, how different they are to each other etc. This may be the first time I leave premades alone and don't get rid of them for space for my own Sims. Some will probably already have some vampire powers so I might want to explore what they can do before I go bulldozing. That's a huge evolution for me since I always remove everything and everyone and add my own ideas.

In the end I think Vlad will come back. All the other vamps there thought he was long gone. And glad since they feared him and didn't want to revive him. He may come back with a venegance and destroy all his ungrateful, disloyal subjects. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I haven't decided yet. This may be the first time I don't want to bulldoze an entire block built by Maxis. Just sayin' since I always want to put my own ideas in a world. I want to see those houses first, who lives in them, how different they are to each other etc. This may be the first time I leave premades alone and don't get rid of them for space for my own Sims. Some will probably already have some vampire powers so I might want to explore what they can do before I go bulldozing. That's a huge evolution for me since I always remove everything and everyone and add my own ideas.

In the end I think Vlad will come back. All the other vamps there thought he was long gone. And glad since they feared him and didn't want to revive him. He may come back with a venegance and destroy all his ungrateful, disloyal subjects. :D

He will in My game, cause I have already made him, and no he does not have Blonde hair, he never did, so no clue why they made him with Blonde hair, :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I believe there already is a castle on one of the lots, so you could tear that down and build your own.

As for me, I'm moving the Goths and their house to Forgotten Hollow.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)