Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forgotten Hollow

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    BOY wrote: »
    @fullspiral awesome! :)

Thanks! :) I think it's going to be a fun story to play out.
  • Options
    sweetpink123sweetpink123 Posts: 33 Member
    All I'm waiting for is Werewolf Woods atm
    plumbobmorgan.tumblr.com
    iY4HSu3.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,505 Member
    I'll be turning the basement of one of the lots into a creepy, underground catacombs for sure. Or more. I have so many ideas, I definitely want some winding tunnel catacombs under a vampire manor. A throne room will be vacated in the catacombs for my more elegant vampires, with a fancy satin throne-esque chair(s) for my vamp royalty. But I don't know whether I want my catacombs in the style of the tunnel leading to Kilgarrah in Merlin, like the corridors of... Well, where the devil lives in supernatural (since the word gets censored), or like the tunnels in Buffy or some kind of tomb or a maze-like wine cellar but I'll decide on something... Hopefully.

Naturally, this will be the go to meet up place for vampires, and the talk of the town by any human sims unfortunate enough to be roaming the streets of Forgotten Hollow - because they are definitely not staying that way, no, not with all these hungry vampires around - helpless sims like them should know better than to enter the realm of the vampires!

Maybe I'll even throw in an underground, vampire only (ish) club where sims can prove their worth to vampire kind in their current form by busting out some of their (hopefully) best moves, thanks to get together. If they beat vampire royalty at a dance off? They get to continue their life as a sim, but become the entertainers of the vampire kingdom. After all, being undead does some funky stuff to your joints - it's not easy being a vampire, y'know?

But back to the point! If the sims lose... They're drained, and turned into creatures of the night, condemned to serve the fanged royalty for the rest of their immortal life. But never threat! As these unlucky now-turned-vampire sims have the chance to soar up the ranks - provided they can beat the current royalty at a vampire showdown, that is.

P.S Yes, I know the game doesn't have royalty, but it does in my imagination... c;

I hope these have basements. Remembers the Grim Reaper House from TS3 Store. It had a basement with fog and caskets.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member

Hm. I guess vampires can enter homes without being invited.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »

Hm. I guess vampires can enter homes without being invited.

If they are new vamps they can steal something expensive for cash with the klepto trait.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    Will there be premade vamps In the new hood and do we have to have vampires in our game if we don't want them?
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    Will there be premade vamps In the new hood and do we have to have vampires in our game if we don't want them?

There will be premade vamps there, yes. I imagine you can delete them. It's up to the player to get their sim bit.
  • Options
    SaccadonSaccadon Posts: 112 Member
    Forever Night huh? Is it secretly in Alaska?
    "It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is." - Big Boss, MGS4
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,505 Member

Yes and Vlad is one of them.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Saccadon wrote: »
    Forever Night huh? Is it secretly in Alaska?

I am so happy to have at least one world with less sun :smile: I live up north, the sun rises after work has begun and sets before it ends. Sun is for the weekends, lol. I hope hope hope that a future seasons GP or EP will let us set sun-hours as well. If I am not getting any sun my sims won't be getting any either. It is would also be a nice way to make the worlds feel different. You can play with lights and have the lamps and fires for different effects.

Setting my own sun-hours for each world would be my dream come true, but otherwise my main sims will just live in forgotten hollow during winter.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    @stilljustme2 I was also thinking I want to move the Goths to Forgotten Hollow! I think they would fit in perfectly there. :p
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    How do you make a B&B? Are we able to make hotels? That's basically what that is, right?

--T
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    How do you make a B&B? Are we able to make hotels? That's basically what that is, right?

--T

It's a pretend B&B. I'm setting it as generic so any sim can go to it and use it and stay there for a couple of days if they want.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

--T

It's a pretend B&B. I'm setting it as generic so any sim can go to it and use it and stay there for a couple of days if they want.

Oh dang. I was afraid you were going to say that.

Thanks anyway!

--T
  • Options

--T

Oh dang. I was afraid you were going to say that.

Thanks anyway!

--T

It's an option of not having to live there, but being able to have an extended visit. Or like another simmer said, you could use a lot as a campground and have a tent in your sims inventory ( if you have OR).
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    @stilljustme2 I was also thinking I want to move the Goths to Forgotten Hollow! I think they would fit in perfectly there. :p

You could move their house with them ^^

--T

Just so you know: The generic lot type doesn't seem to allow dates. That was quite a bummer when I realised this - at my romantic rainbow fountain that I've built for this one purpose :D
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've transferred the money to where it needs to be already - normally I'll do that the day before, that how fixated excited I am.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BruceSF55BruceSF55 Posts: 135 Member
    edited January 2017

--T

I usually just designate the lot as a bar. I build a bar venue downstairs (complete with restroom) and then upstairs I make a few bedrooms and a shared bathroom or two. It's usually pretty empty upstairs as far as other sims using the rooms so you can have your pick. Only once in a very long while have I had a sim come into a room and bother my sim when he is sleeping.

Here is an example of what I did for one of them. I love The Shrieking Llama so I decided to make the upstairs area usable.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/91759249A6C811E584245F58B9AD20A7?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=BruceSF55&max=50&maxis=false

Edit to add: I plan on doing something like this for Forgotten Hollow, only darker and more gothic looking.
    Post edited by BruceSF55 on
  • Options

Just so you know: The generic lot type doesn't seem to allow dates. That was quite a bummer when I realised this - at my romantic rainbow fountain that I've built for this one purpose :D

I'm okay with that. My sims rarely go on dates.
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    I plan on making a really classic haunted house. It's going to be this grand Victorian manor with tons of secret passageways and of course it's own series of catacombs! The above ground portion of the house is in my mind what the house was like originally before the owners were turned. It's used for hosting lovely parties with unsuspecting Sims who just might be the main course... The basement will feature a series of tunnels and secret rooms for sleeping, "interrogation and testing" of sims, and for secret meetings.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member
    I like the looks of it although I wish it was more than 5 lots, so I will probably leave it alone. I have thought about making an apartment building type and using the lock doors and bed selection to make it work and add in some new blood so to speak. >:)
  • Options
    WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    I don't know will have to think about and see. I have not decided to get it yet so time will tell.
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    Aine wrote: »

You could move their house with them ^^
    Yes, that's what I was thinking. ;)
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    BruceSF55 wrote: »

--T

I usually just designate the lot as a bar. I build a bar venue downstairs (complete with restroom) and then upstairs I make a few bedrooms and a shared bathroom or two. It's usually pretty empty upstairs as far as other sims using the rooms so you can have your pick. Only once in a very long while have I had a sim come into a room and bother my sim when he is sleeping.

Here is an example of what I did for one of them. I love The Shrieking Llama so I decided to make the upstairs area usable.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/91759249A6C811E584245F58B9AD20A7?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=BruceSF55&max=50&maxis=false

Edit to add: I plan on doing something like this for Forgotten Hollow, only darker and more gothic looking.

This is really cool, I love how you've given it a Leaky Cauldron type feel (at least that's what sprung to mind) I would love to see a gothic type version of you do one!?

Thank you for the link, I shall be using this in my game if that's ok!?

--T
  • Options
    MysteriousConcludeMysteriousConclude Posts: 352 Member
    I was thinking a spooky restraunt that serves primarily vampire foods, and maybe a few normal foods for toddlers and such. A side area that is kind of like a play pen area to put all the restless youngins who have decided food is not in their future.

Take another lot and build a full on graveyard with a masoleum in the middle, not too big, not too small. Under the mausoleum there will be an entrance to a nightclub/bar, then maybe below that some coffins, children toy items for those kids that can't be left alone.

As for the other lots, maybe some large gothic mansions, and one that is completely not gothic. I haven't completely decided on it, though I want to get to designing soon... Unfortunately, I am too excited to get on the game and start... Already tried. XD