Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling the Phandom

Comments

• Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    @mintycupcake My Phan introduction was really random! xD

Basically, my sister has watched Dan since the beginning (and Phil since he started appearing in Dan's videos) and, when Let's Get Physical was released, she thought it was hilarious so showed it to me! And the rest was history! ;)

So, yeah, I've been a fan since about 2011; I was around 10 at the time, so I was a bit young, but he was hilarious! I mainly learned about the internet from him! xD As I got older, I started enjoying Phil's videos more, so I started watching him too! :D

It's so weird that everybody I know watches Dan and Phil now; I still remember when they were pretty unknown, and I introduced so many of my friends to them in the past!

Ah, I'm jealous that you've been a fan that long though! I had another YouTube channel before they were purchased by Google and I don't remember who I was subscribed to, but I like to pretend I was subscribed to Phil before (even though I'm pretty sure I wasn't).

The story of how I found out about YouTube is kind of funny, too. It was October 2006 and I had just moved to Canada for my post secondary schooling and I was in class and overheard my teacher saying to another student "I love U2" and I went "Ugh, I hate U2, they're so overrated." I looked at me like had threatened to murder his mom xD And then he was like no, this video sharing website, YouTube. Then he and the girl he'd been talking to started having an intense discussion about whether or not LonelyGirl13 was real or not (I think the video about Daniel being kidnapped had just been posted) and I was like "Wow, that sounds incredibly fake." And we all know how that ended up...

@mintycupcake I didn't even know YouTube EXISTED until around 2010 (my sister showed me a charlieisocoollike video)! :P
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Hey Phamily, I was just thinking about how I was first introduced to Dan and Phil and so now I'm wondering how did all of you get introduced to Dan and Phil?

I had just recently subscribed to the Fine Bros and was watching YouTuber's React to Mass Text. My interest was immediately piqued because they are both my type, physically, but I didn't usually actually go out of my way to view the reactors channels because I was just getting back into Youtube, which I had abandoned previously because I would waste vast quantities of time getting plum down the YouTube hole. But then just I was thinking "Why does she keep on making the universal hand signal for being on the phone when she's talking about texting?" at pretty much the exact same moment, Dan went "Why does she keep doing that?" and my brain screamed "OMG SOULAMTES!" (because I'm completely reasonable like that). So, after the video was over, I went to check out Dan's channel and somehow managed to confuse him with Phil (??? - I'm not proud of that) and I spent the rest of the afternoon watching their videos. And yeah, my life has been going down hill ever since lol :D<3

Let's see... It was... 5 years ago. My friend insisted on me watching a video called "How to Procrastinate Like a Pro". If I'm being fully honest, I had no interest in watching it. Seriously, I hate it when people force me to watch videos they like or listen to music they like. But, hey, it turned out being a lot funnier than I expected. We also watched "I will go down with this ship" (at the time my life wasn't ruined by shipping so I didn't understand it). Then, the photobooth challenge was uploaded! My friend and I watched it, and we laughed our butts off. We quoted it forever. At this point, I actually thought Dan and Phil were brothers. (oh lord). I then bought the llama hat, back when Dan had is own little DL shop. I wasn't a full on fan at this point. Then, a few years ago, on Thanksgiving, I was really bored since we had family over, and I saw that Phil had happened to have a liveshow - I thought "hey, I watched a few of their videos, let's watch this!" then after the liveshow was over, I caught up on all the videos I hadn't seen. I'm pretty sure that was the day my life was ruined. Then, I joined the dark side and got introduced to shipping... My life has been going downhill ever since. But hey, they've brought me happiness I never imagined possible! I bawled at TATINOF because I was so excited.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »
    Hey Phamily, I was just thinking about how I was first introduced to Dan and Phil and so now I'm wondering how did all of you get introduced to Dan and Phil?

I had just recently subscribed to the Fine Bros and was watching YouTuber's React to Mass Text. My interest was immediately piqued because they are both my type, physically, but I didn't usually actually go out of my way to view the reactors channels because I was just getting back into Youtube, which I had abandoned previously because I would waste vast quantities of time getting plum down the YouTube hole. But then just I was thinking "Why does she keep on making the universal hand signal for being on the phone when she's talking about texting?" at pretty much the exact same moment, Dan went "Why does she keep doing that?" and my brain screamed "OMG SOULAMTES!" (because I'm completely reasonable like that). So, after the video was over, I went to check out Dan's channel and somehow managed to confuse him with Phil (??? - I'm not proud of that) and I spent the rest of the afternoon watching their videos. And yeah, my life has been going down hill ever since lol :D<3

Let's see... It was... 5 years ago. My friend insisted on me watching a video called "How to Procrastinate Like a Pro". If I'm being fully honest, I had no interest in watching it. Seriously, I hate it when people force me to watch videos they like or listen to music they like. But, hey, it turned out being a lot funnier than I expected. We also watched "I will go down with this ship" (at the time my life wasn't ruined by shipping so I didn't understand it). Then, the photobooth challenge was uploaded! My friend and I watched it, and we laughed our butts off. We quoted it forever. At this point, I actually thought Dan and Phil were brothers. (oh lord). I then bought the llama hat, back when Dan had is own little DL shop. I wasn't a full on fan at this point. Then, a few years ago, on Thanksgiving, I was really bored since we had family over, and I saw that Phil had happened to have a liveshow - I thought "hey, I watched a few of their videos, let's watch this!" then after the liveshow was over, I caught up on all the videos I hadn't seen. I'm pretty sure that was the day my life was ruined. Then, I joined the dark side and got introduced to shipping... My life has been going downhill ever since. But hey, they've brought me happiness I never imagined possible! I bawled at TATINOF because I was so excited.

"I'm pretty sure that was the day my life was ruined." :lol: story of my life
  • Options
    Kandy wrote: »

My life was ruined that day. My life was also ruined again not too long after that when I first read fanfictions.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

My life was ruined that day. My life was also ruined again not too long after that when I first read fanfictions.

I think the day I first discovered fanfic, I just looked down that awful abyss, shrugged my shoulders, and jumped in. :lol:
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    At this point, I actually thought Dan and Phil were brothers. (oh lord).

@Summerjase Every time my mom saw them, we would have the exact same conversation...

"Are they brothers?"
    "What? Dan and Phil? No, why?"
    "They look like brothers. They remind me of the Olsen Twins."
    "Whaaaaat?"

🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    At this point, I actually thought Dan and Phil were brothers. (oh lord).

@Summerjase Every time my mom saw them, we would have the exact same conversation...

"Are they brothers?"
    "What? Dan and Phil? No, why?"
    "They look like brothers. They remind me of the Olsen Twins."
    "Whaaaaat?"

Really? I had convinced everyone I talked to that they were brothers, because, well, I thought they were. Now I just convince everyone they're married.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I'm starting to miss gamingmas. I miss having a new DnP video to watch every day :(
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    @summerjase Same! I miss watching Dan and Phil everyday! :(
  • Options
    I'm going to confess something, and will probably subsequently be banned from here: As much as I love them and they're tasty little snack cake-ness, I'm glad Vlogmas is over. I think part of the appeal of them for me is they post sporadically and it's a special treat when they do. Knowing they were posting every day, I just wasn't excited like I usually am. I haven't even watched all of them yet D: And I don't know that I will DDD:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    I'm going to confess something, and will probably subsequently be banned from here: As much as I love them and they're tasty little snack cake-ness, I'm glad Vlogmas is over. I think part of the appeal of them for me is they post sporadically and it's a special treat when they do. Knowing they were posting every day, I just wasn't excited like I usually am. I haven't even watched all of them yet D: And I don't know that I will DDD:

@mintycupcake There's nothing wrong with that! xD Everyone has their own reasons for enjoying Dan and Phil's videos! :) At least you have Phan fuel for the next 3 months now with all the videos you haven't seen yet! :P
  • Options
    @mintycupcake There's nothing wrong with that! xD Everyone has their own reasons for enjoying Dan and Phil's videos! :) At least you have Phan fuel for the next 3 months now with all the videos you haven't seen yet! :P

@DarkSuperNinja That's true. Although now that you say it, I wish that they had done it last year so I could have survived those long stretches of not posting while they were touring. I wonder what they're going to do now...
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Hey, I totally agree with you! Although I did appreciate gaming-mas and there were a few really funny videos, I felt that some of those videos were just rushed. Like, I feel like they didn't put in as much effort as they usually did for their videos -- but I can't really get mad, they had to get videos out every day. But I really do appreciate that they did that for us. And yea, I agree with you about the excitement.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Oh my gosh! You guys, I just realized Dan and Phil are now going to have to raise Baby Dab through the toddler stage of life! Oml, of they don't get him taken away, it's going to be a miracle! :D
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Oh my gosh! You guys, I just realized Dan and Phil are now going to have to raise Baby Dab through the toddler stage of life! Oml, of they don't get him taken away, it's going to be a miracle! :D

oh my god

this is going to go horribly
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Misread the title as "calling the philodendron"

philodendron:
    Flori005.jpg
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »

philodendron:
    Flori005.jpg

petition to rename the phantom "the philodendron"?
  • Options
    I feel like Phil would approve.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

oh my god

this is going to go horribly

Omg.. Maybe this is what they've been waiting for...
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I feel like Phil would approve.

Phil would definitely approve.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

philodendron:
    Flori005.jpg

That's such a kawaii plant, I want it in my life! xD
  • Options

philodendron:
    Flori005.jpg

That's such a kawaii plant, I want it in my life! xD

Samee. Though I don't think I'd trust myself with a houseplant... id kill it in a day.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    https://youtu.be/wEoivYzSr-c?t=8m50s

Toddler Dab confirmed :D

He starts talking about it at 8:50, but for some reason it's just adjusting the minute start and not the seconds :/
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    The video of Toddler Dab is so cute! Dan and Phil are both going to be great dads some day :kissing_heart:

What did you guys think of all the Sims new clothes? Lots of people didn't like Dab's hair, but I feel like they're just being gender normative :/ And his sea otter shirt is so cute!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    omgomg I haven't seen it yet? and im kinda dying?? im making myself wait until after I finish biology stuff but I'll be here screaming in like an hour :lol: just one question:

how soon is dab going to get taken away by simcial services? :lol: