Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Think About Vampires?

I thought it would be interesting to get everyone's opinion on vampires? I have a couple questions to start the discussion:

1. What kind of pack will they come in? (ex: Supernatural, Game Pack, Expansion Pack)
2. Will you be able to create them in CAS?
3. When will they come?
4. Are you excited or not? Why?

Comments

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I want to be excited about having Edward Cullen shine on me with his sparkling ways but as always EA gives as at least one disappointment per pack and in City Living's case...several....my worry is will they half bake vampires with no sharp teeth....no plasma sucking but instead need to go to a blood bank at night if they want to live cause vampires don't go to blood banks during the day. They would be forced to pay taxes if they did that lol. My concern is how they will half bake it but the thought of vampires coming back might bring me back into The Sims 4 series despite the glitch issues!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    you went my toughs on vampires op vampires in sims4 = big mistake would much rather see more important content like laundry in the sims4 pets seasons toddlers cars.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited December 2016
    Based on all the game-file evidence:
    1. A Game Pack which is dedicated to them (See the SimsVIP post from yesterday or it might have been the day before - I'm losing track of days during the holidays!)
    2. Yes. I think this is part of why there was a patch so we can create Alien disguises in CAS (I am soooo happy about that!). I think it was prep for a Vampire pack
    3. Very, very soon, based on the SimsVIP article from the other day: the text to promote the pack in-game is already in place. I'm just going to go ahead with "next month" on this.
    4. Not yet. I've never been big on the vampires in Sims. On the other hand, in the last few years I finally binged Buffy (and just started a re-binge yesterday afternoon, as comfort TV while I couldn't do anything but lie on the sofa for most of a day) and the whole Shadowhunters book series, and maybe I could get into vampires. So we'll see. It could happen.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    goldsimmeergoldsimmeer Posts: 274 Member
    1. A Game Pack which is dedicated to them (See the SimsVIP post from yesterday or it might have been the day before - I'm losing track of days during the holidays!)
    2. Yes. I think this is part of why there was a patch so we can create Alien disguises in CAS (I am soooo happy about that!). I think it was prep for a Vampire pack
    3. Very, very soon, based on the SimsVIP article from the other day: the text to promote the pack in-game is already in place. I'm just going to go ahead with "next month" on this.
    4. Not yet. I've never been big on the vampires in Sims. On the other hand, in the last few years I finally binged Buffy (and just started a re-binge yesterday afternoon, as comfort TV while I couldn't do anything but lie on the sofa for most of a day) and the whole Shadowhunters book series, and maybe I could get into vampires. So we'll see. It could happen.

I agree with all you said... I'm skeptical but I believe they can bring us great things!
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited December 2016
    you went my toughs on vampires op vampires in sims4 = big mistake would much rather see more important content like laundry in the sims4 pets seasons toddlers cars.

"Important content" is kind of subjective, though? What's important for one player might not be important for another.

BUFFY
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

As usual @luthienrising well said. I'm with you on all but #4. I'm so excited I'm weeing a little as I type.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Since @luthienrising addressed Q1,2, and 3 I can only say my opinion on Q4: Are you excited or not? Why?

Not overly excited because I have rarely played them in past series. I will likely buy it eventually though because I like a full sims game. And just in case I want to try playing them at some point.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

What is important to you might not be important to some . To me laundry , is not necessary . (And I thought it was time consuming in 3). While others enjoy that feature . Like vampires are not important to you , but to supernatural players like me . The are very important to families in my game.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited December 2016
    Generally this iteration has been full of missed opportunities for me and so no I am not excited even though supernaturals has been on my wish-list since day 1. I have come to expect a minimum of content with no deeper game play features so tbh I don't really see anything else materializing. Prove me wrong EA, prove me wrong.

The fact that there will not be a new world with the Game Pack is one disappointment already. The game files seem to indicate a destination location perhaps the size of Magnolia Promenade. I also seriously hope the walking animation that was found is not the way the vampires will walk as it has to be the worst walking animation in the game so far and I actually quite like a few of them.

It was pretty obvious that the update to aliens is what to expect with vampires in CAS. Just goes to show that aliens should have had that functionality from the get-go. Least we have it now and it has allowed me to play with aliens once again now I can finally customize them exactly how I want to.

I'd imagine Feb will be the release month as I think Jan may be too soon as the team have all been on holiday etc. But this is just a guess.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I've liked everything I've heard about vampires so far: the option for classic Bela Lugosi walks, retractable teeth, Club-style perks, death by sunlight (but NPC vamps only spawn at night), the "spooky" world... I'm a fan. Really hoping that the "no reflection" thing actually works out. Fingers crossed!

But my biggest fears are:
    * Unnecessarily-spawned vampire townies (Seriously, give us one Grand Vampire, and let us create/sire the rest)
    * Underwhelming gameplay (such as requiring friendship before we can bite people), or few (if any) real advantages.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I didn't really play around much with vampires in previous iterations, though I did enjoy them a little bit in Sims 3, but I am excited to see how Sims 4 approaches this theme this time around.

I am a bit anxious that the vamps may end up being underwhelming and have even less gameplay than past sims games....
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    1. What kind of pack will they come in? (ex: Supernatural, Game Pack, Expansion Pack)
    There's been talk of a destination world associated with vampires, so maybe simsilvania? Maybe a chance to go on an exotic european vacation?
    Will you be able to create them in CAS?
    Probably, like aliens.
    When will they come?
    Not as soon as I want them to.
    Are you excited or not? Why?
    Yea verily!
    Been a vampire fan since I was a kid.

Like a lot of people, I'm hoping that the vampire population will be low, and will have to be actively activated (sort of like it was in ts2). I get the feeling that this may be how it will work, and to access the original in game vampire, you'll have to visit the destination world, and gain the curse of immortality, which you can then bring home, and spread to whatever sims you want. Or just make more in cas.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Great questions!

As of right now, I do not know what to think or how I really feel about vampires. I enjoyed them in TS2 because the concept had never been done in the Sims series, but I am just not as excited as I use to be with the Sims. :neutral: GTW was the only expansion so far that I actually had a WOW type of reaction to it. Everything else has been like... okay...nice, but I'm still left with the question of "what else?"
  • Options
    I didn't really play around much with vampires in previous iterations, though I did enjoy them a little bit in Sims 3, but I am excited to see how Sims 4 approaches this theme this time around.

I am a bit anxious that the vamps may end up being underwhelming and have even less gameplay than past sims games....

Why would you think that vampires will have less gameplay than before? What is this based on? Vampires have been given their own GP just for them and their gameplay. That's more than ever before.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Why would you think that vampires will have less gameplay than before? What is this based on? Vampires have been given their own GP just for them and their gameplay. That's more than ever before.

Just an irrational anxiety based on being somewhat disappointed with a couple of things in the past (like not having home businesses, not being able to cook in our own restaurants, not being able to have apartments outside of the EP world, non-animated elevators, festivals not having too much new stuff, etc, etc) so I am trying not to hype too, too much about the newer packs in order to avoid lots of disappointment on my part, lol.

Thinking about it some more, though, I have enjoyed the GPs and SPs much more than the EPs, so it may end up being packed with enough new content to satisfy me.

I am just worried about getting excited, and then getting severely disappointed when being told about things being cut, or hearing about lots of limitations, and so on. :worried:
    (She/her)
  • Options

Just an irrational anxiety based on being somewhat disappointed with a couple of things in the past (like not having home businesses, not being able to cook in our own restaurants, not being able to have apartments outside of the EP world, non-animated elevators, festivals not having too much new stuff, etc, etc) so I am trying not to hype too, too much about the newer packs in order to avoid lots of disappointment on my part, lol.

Thinking about it some more, though, I have enjoyed the GPs and SPs much more than the EPs, so it may end up being packed with enough new content to satisfy me.

I am just worried about getting excited, and then getting severely disappointed when being told about things being cut, or hearing about lots of limitations, and so on. :worried:

If we got a vampire GP on par with Spa Day GP, I'd be well pleased.
  • Options

OMG, yes, I would love that, too! :smiley: I loved that pack (besides the Kids Stuff Pack).

(She/her)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    1. Game Pack sadly
    2. Of coarse
    3. Late January early February its got to be coming soon they are already patching it in
    4. Not excited never used supernatural Sims don't see myself starting now
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

In my opinion the game packs have been better with animations, focused gameplay and made more sense than the EPs. It seems they took their time with animating many of the things in Spa Day I wished they would have spent that much time on correct animations for base and the EPs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimsInHogwartsSimsInHogwarts Posts: 57 Member

Even though I really like the idea of a supernatural game pack, I think there are other things that should be included in the game first (like mentioned before: toddlers,pets and etc.)
    I remember having vamps and witches on sims 2, though. It was cool to become friends with them or even become one but stopped being so interesting after a while.
    So, I would buy this pack but imo it would be much more worthy if it could give you more than vampires (Hairstyles, aspirations, clothes, careers, furniture)
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    GP.

3. Will you be able to create them in CAS?
    Yes.

5. When will they come?
    January/February

7. Are you excited or not? Why?
    No, I never ever played with vampires. But there are many players that are much into supernaturals, so never mind.
    I think there are other things that should be included in the game first (like mentioned before: toddlers,pets and etc.)
    This.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    The hard thing about vampires in ts4 is that they will not be able to drink people their blood all the time. It was easy to hunt in ts3 because it had an open world but however it will be more easy in cities like Windenburg and San Myshuno cause they are pretty close to being open (at least closer than the base game worlds :smile: )
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    edited January 2017
    I think vampires are a complete waste of dev time and while I will be buying the game pack, I will not be using them.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    simgame wrote: »
    The hard thing about vampires in ts4 is that they will not be able to drink people their blood all the time. It was easy to hunt in ts3 because it had an open world but however it will be more easy in cities like Windenburg and San Myshuno cause they are pretty close to being open (at least closer than the base game worlds :smile: )

I hope that TS4 vampires have a very slow thirst decay. Like, they need to hunt every 3 or 4 days, so they won't have to rely on junk food and fruits like in TS3.
  • Options
    ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    I love all manner of supernatural creatures, and Vampires are my second favorite right after Wizards.