Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Various City Living Bugs

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited December 2016
    I saw only one bug, and it explains why I didn't see more...

The game freezes when loading screen appears.

This is what I did:

I tried opening three times. I played the expansion and a couple of item packs for the first time. First try: got to the lobby (with create new family, play, etc.). I got couple of little windows that were basically just showing info about those packs. When I got to the last one, it froze. I mean, the screen froze, but I could still move my in-game mouse. The music was still playing. I was unable to do any interactions. Second and third time I got to the part before the "lobby". You know, that green thingy spinning around... The game froze... Again... As in the first case, the music was still playing. My mouse dissapeared so I don't know if I could move it.

I really want to play it, but the whole game doesn't even work! Please answer, I can't make a thread (I'm a new member *clap clap*).

Thank you in advance!

Hello @KarlaTheSimmer
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, launch the game and see if that helps.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate,

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game.

If after doing all the above things the issue still continues, could you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.

• Options
    xxniamhxx0xxniamhxx0 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey!
    So I just installed City Living last night and I've noticed a lot of issues with the new jobs that I haven't seen anyone else talk about. The writing that should be there on actions aren't and sometimes the descriptions of promotion tasks aren't there, and the thing that comes up to ask whether they'll work at home or at work is also blank. (tried to insert images as examples but it said I can't post links yet?)

I tried disabling my mods and restarting the game but this hasn't fixed it.

• Options
    xxniamhxx0 wrote: »
    Hey!
    So I just installed City Living last night and I've noticed a lot of issues with the new jobs that I haven't seen anyone else talk about. The writing that should be there on actions aren't and sometimes the descriptions of promotion tasks aren't there, and the thing that comes up to ask whether they'll work at home or at work is also blank. (tried to insert images as examples but it said I can't post links yet?)

I tried disabling my mods and restarting the game but this hasn't fixed it.

Hello @xxniamhxx0
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If you still have issues, try doing the solution that is in this linked article
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/
  • Options
    xxniamhxx0xxniamhxx0 Posts: 3 New Member
    @rosemow thank you! That worked perfectly :)
  • Options
    KarlaTheSimmerKarlaTheSimmer Posts: 52 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

This is what I did:

I tried opening three times. I played the expansion and a couple of item packs for the first time. First try: got to the lobby (with create new family, play, etc.). I got couple of little windows that were basically just showing info about those packs. When I got to the last one, it froze. I mean, the screen froze, but I could still move my in-game mouse. The music was still playing. I was unable to do any interactions. Second and third time I got to the part before the "lobby". You know, that green thingy spinning around... The game froze... Again... As in the first case, the music was still playing. My mouse dissapeared so I don't know if I could move it.

I really want to play it, but the whole game doesn't even work! Please answer, I can't make a thread (I'm a new member *clap clap*).

Thank you in advance!

Hello @KarlaTheSimmer
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, launch the game and see if that helps.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game.

If after doing all the above things the issue still continues, could you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    Click OK
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.

This is what I did:

Thank you in advance!

Hello @KarlaTheSimmer

Click OK

I don't have any mods installed and I tried restarting the computer. I will try this solution, thank you very much! As I saw in this thread (and I believe in many others) you are a real problem solver!

o:)
  • Options
    KarlaTheSimmerKarlaTheSimmer Posts: 52 Member
    Sorry for quoting you twice. :blush:
  • Options

This is what I did:

Thank you in advance!

Hello @KarlaTheSimmer

Click OK

This is what I did:

Thank you in advance!

Hello @KarlaTheSimmer

Click OK

I don't have any mods installed and I tried restarting the computer. I will try this solution, thank you very much! As I saw in this thread (and I believe in many others) you are a real problem solver!

o:)

I hope that it helps your game issues :)
  • Options
    flavouredsimflavouredsim Posts: 12 New Member
    Hi!
    I've had most of the bugs mentioned in the first post come and go.
    The game is kind of unplayable atm. Sims cancelling current tasks and revert to standing, neighbors randomly barging into Sims apartments uninvited and the time reversal being the most bugging in my game.

But now it's even worse. I live in the Medina apartments, and I randomly play all three families in the three apartments.
    As one of the neighbors barged into my Sims apartment uninvited I couldn't make him leave. I asked him to leave, and my sim became more and more rude and they finally started fighting and became enemies. I tried the Go Away command and even resetsim cheats, but nothing. I finally lured him outside and locked my door and now he just stands there and wont go home to his apartment. I tried traveling with him but he'd "rather not". I don't want him to die because my other family needs him.

What can I do?

(I have no mods activated and I've tried to repair my game.)
  • Options
    Hi!
    I've had most of the bugs mentioned in the first post come and go.
    The game is kind of unplayable atm. Sims cancelling current tasks and revert to standing, neighbors randomly barging into Sims apartments uninvited and the time reversal being the most bugging in my game.

But now it's even worse. I live in the Medina apartments, and I randomly play all three families in the three apartments.
    As one of the neighbors barged into my Sims apartment uninvited I couldn't make him leave. I asked him to leave, and my sim became more and more rude and they finally started fighting and became enemies. I tried the Go Away command and even resetsim cheats, but nothing. I finally lured him outside and locked my door and now he just stands there and wont go home to his apartment. I tried traveling with him but he'd "rather not". I don't want him to die because my other family needs him.

What can I do?

(I have no mods activated and I've tried to repair my game.)

Hello
    Could you try playing the family that he is a member of the household, and bring him back into their apartment? Play as the sim and direct him to go home.
  • Options
    flavouredsimflavouredsim Posts: 12 New Member
    Just did and the results were strange:

The first problem was a neighbor that wouldn't go home. Changing the active family and making him go home made the other neighbor, that had become his enemy, appear in the hallway in his own, otherwise empty, unplayable, apartment. He was just standing there, inside his own door, angry after the fight. Only him and no other of the family members.

Saved and changed back tho the first family and the same thing happens. Angry neighbor stands in his own hallway in an empty apartment, fuming.

I gave up and evicted the first family and moved them back in. It seems to have fixed it, for now.
    Thanks for the support!
  • Options
    Just did and the results were strange:

The first problem was a neighbor that wouldn't go home. Changing the active family and making him go home made the other neighbor, that had become his enemy, appear in the hallway in his own, otherwise empty, unplayable, apartment. He was just standing there, inside his own door, angry after the fight. Only him and no other of the family members.

Saved and changed back tho the first family and the same thing happens. Angry neighbor stands in his own hallway in an empty apartment, fuming.

I gave up and evicted the first family and moved them back in. It seems to have fixed it, for now.
    Thanks for the support!

It is good that evicting the first family has helped with the issues. I hope that the issue doesn't return.
  • Options
    catmemecreatorcatmemecreator Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys. For whatever reason, whenever someone invites my sim to go to the opera, the underground concert (and I think there's another one I'm forgetting..), and I agree to go, my sim NEVER goes! I never get another call. My sim never even walks out the door. Doesn't even change clothes! The entire game acts like it never happened. I've restarted my game a million times. Everything else works (though, like previously said, the time speed is a little wonky) except these easter eggs. Anyone experiencing the same problem or know how to stop it?
  • Options
    Hey guys. For whatever reason, whenever someone invites my sim to go to the opera, the underground concert (and I think there's another one I'm forgetting..), and I agree to go, my sim NEVER goes! I never get another call. My sim never even walks out the door. Doesn't even change clothes! The entire game acts like it never happened. I've restarted my game a million times. Everything else works (though, like previously said, the time speed is a little wonky) except these easter eggs. Anyone experiencing the same problem or know how to stop it?

Hello
    Other simmers are also having the same issue
    It would be good to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Phone-events-Opera-Circus-Concert-etc-not-working/m-p/5668681#M29246
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    I've given City Living a try, and I think I've found a glitch that may be contributing to things like laggy gameplay and long loading times: It appears that my game is creating a lot of musical instruments in Sims' inventories when they appear to play for tips at the new San Myshuno venues.

I play rotationally, so I'll often see one of my musically-inclined Sims from a different household out playing when I go to a festival or just end up in the open areas of the town. I recently switched to one of those Sims (it was Sofia Bjergsen, so you may be able to see this if you have her in your game and she likes to play for tips) and . . . well, when I looked in her Sim inventory, she had not one guitar, but a whole bunch of them. (I believe there were over 20, though I don't recall the exact count now. Some of a couple different types.)

After playing different households, I loaded up another Sim of my own making who plays the violin and whom I'd spotted out playing for tips in San Myshuno too. Yep -- she had an inventory full of violins! (FWIW, it was quite a neat little money cheat -- she had some of those top-end violins that go for 15k Simoleons, so I sold them off . . . nice little investment.)

While it seems fairly innocuous, I expect that creating bunches of items in multiple Sims' inventories is likely contributing to slowing the game down and could have some bad repercussions in the long run if allowed to continue.

I did file a bug report for this in the EA Answers HQ here.

I'd be very interested to see if others who have played Sims with high music skills see them out playing for tips, and if so, if they later end up with duplicate/multiple instruments in their personal inventories.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    Hello
    Other simmers are also having this issue .
    It has been posted on the AHQ EA Sims 4 Bugs page
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Multiple-Guitars-added-to-NPC-inventories/m-p/5680337#M29648
    It is good that you posted about it on the Sims 4 AHQ EA page. Crinrict may merge your thread with the one in the Bugs report section.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Hello
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Multiple-Guitars-added-to-NPC-inventories/m-p/5680337#M29648
    It is good that you posted about it on the Sims 4 AHQ EA page. Crinrict may merge your thread with the one in the Bugs report section.

Thank you @Rosemow! I didn't find the other post as I had been searching for 'instruments' or 'musical instruments' and that one uses 'guitars.' (I just hadn't thought to limit my search to a specific one. I know that it does it for violins too -- likely any portable instrument.)

I'll see about putting a note on my post (or the one you pointed out, or both) indicating that it's the same issue.

Thanks again for your help!
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    Hello

Thank you @Rosemow! I didn't find the other post as I had been searching for 'instruments' or 'musical instruments' and that one uses 'guitars.' (I just hadn't thought to limit my search to a specific one. I know that it does it for violins too -- likely any portable instrument.)

I'll see about putting a note on my post (or the one you pointed out, or both) indicating that it's the same issue.

Thanks again for your help!

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    The_S34L1onThe_S34L1on Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having trouble where sims will randomly walk into the apartment and there's no option to ask them to leave. The only way to keep them out is if i lock the door but then that wouldnt allow other sims into the apartment that i gave the key. (The sims dont know each other, and dont have an apartment key) anyway to fix it? No i'm not running any mods
  • Options
    I'm having trouble where sims will randomly walk into the apartment and there's no option to ask them to leave. The only way to keep them out is if i lock the door but then that wouldnt allow other sims into the apartment that i gave the key. (The sims dont know each other, and dont have an apartment key) anyway to fix it? No i'm not running any mods

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. When it occurs, could you try having your sim go out of the apartment, have the sim call the other sim over so as to bring them out of the apartment, then have your sim travel to another lot. Then have them travel back to the apartment, and the resetting of the lot may help with the issue.
    With your issue of uninvited sims entering the apartment, it would be good to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue. If the NPCs have the goofball or insane traits it is by design though.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-NPCs-coming-into-apartment-uninvited/m-p/5690729#M29989
  • Options
    The_S34L1onThe_S34L1on Posts: 2 New Member

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. When it occurs, could you try having your sim go out of the apartment, have the sim call the other sim over so as to bring them out of the apartment, then have your sim travel to another lot. Then have them travel back to the apartment, and the resetting of the lot may help with the issue.
    With your issue of uninvited sims entering the apartment, it would be good to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue. If the NPCs have the goofball or insane traits it is by design though.

so far i've just been resetting the game into the main menu without losing any major progress except for some skill levels but thats it, the first time it happened with penny pizzazz so i just moved the sims out of that building into the one with salim, this time it happened with 2 sims that didn't live in the building but may have been in the neighborhood at the time. but i will try doing what you suggested next time it does happen. Also, this only happened once, i started playing one day and loaded in a family in 920 medina studios, and one of my sims was standing on the outside balcony of the building without anyway of getting them back into the apartment, reloading the game did fix that issue though.
  • Options
    janstujanstu Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm unable to hire people for a wedding. They just won't show up to cook, bar tend, or entertain. Not fun.
  • Options
    Detective does not work for me since installing the city expansion. The criminal just doesn't show up most of the time. Not fun.
  • Options

Hello

so far i've just been resetting the game into the main menu without losing any major progress except for some skill levels but thats it, the first time it happened with penny pizzazz so i just moved the sims out of that building into the one with salim, this time it happened with 2 sims that didn't live in the building but may have been in the neighborhood at the time. but i will try doing what you suggested next time it does happen. Also, this only happened once, i started playing one day and loaded in a family in 920 medina studios, and one of my sims was standing on the outside balcony of the building without anyway of getting them back into the apartment, reloading the game did fix that issue though.

Hello
    I am sorry that you had the issues. Traveling to another lot and back, or reloading the game can often help when issues occur.
  • Options
    Disappointed that the parks in the city expansion don't have fruits & veggies or gems all around.