Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Various City Living Bugs

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    edited December 2016
    Panda707 wrote: »
    Just got a new bug today. My neighbors seem to be stuck in my apartment. I can't kick them out and my door isn't locked either so I'm pretty sure they're just going to die in there. Also on the mailboxes is there supposed to be a plaque on everyone's or is it just mine?

Hello @Panda707
    There is just a plaque on the mailbox of your active sims household.
    Try asking the sims to leave your apartment.
    Try going outside your apartment door, then try calling them over, to bring them out of the apartment.
    If they are still remaining there, try having your sims travel to another lot and then back home again, and see if that will make them them leave.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    D3thw0lf wrote: »
    Today I've got removed from my appartment since the last patch and got thrown away into the "choose your place to stay"-mode like I've never visited the map before but my appartment shows the preview from the gameplay before so I guess this is a bug. Please fix that asap! It's very annoying that I've to change my place to get my appartment back without any items in it...or add that you can re-buy a plot/appartment/whatever with items in it! THANKS! -.-

Hello
    Is it only your apartment that your sims have been brought back to the world screen? Are they able to travel to and enter other lots?
    Try coming completely out of the game without saving. Then launch the game, reload the save game and see if the issue remains.
    You could also try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version, before this issue occured. These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1

If the home that you want to buy at any time can't be bought furnished, try going into build mode on the lot, add an item, and then see if that helps to bring back the option to buy it furnished , with the previous items in it.
  • Options
    D3thw0lfD3thw0lf Posts: 3 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Today I've got removed from my appartment since the last patch and got thrown away into the "choose your place to stay"-mode like I've never visited the map before but my appartment shows the preview from the gameplay before so I guess this is a bug. Please fix that asap! It's very annoying that I've to change my place to get my appartment back without any items in it...or add that you can re-buy a plot/appartment/whatever with items in it! THANKS! -.-

Hello
    Is it only your apartment that your sims have been brought back to the world screen? Are they able to travel to and enter other lots?
    Try coming completely out of the game without saving. Then launch the game, reload the save game and see if the issue remains.
    You could also try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version, before this issue occured. These links explain how to do that.
    removelinkhere
    removedtheotherlinkhere

If the home that you want to buy at any time can't be bought furnished, try going into build mode on the lot, add an item, and then see if that helps to bring back the option to buy it furnished , with the previous items in it.

Yes it's my only "family" in that appartment. No they aren't. I've to choose their new place before I can do anything else...I can't even say "no I don't want that" like in the "move family to new place"-mode if you do this over their Simphone or a computer. The savegame stuff did not worked for me either. All parts are too old (before and after that bug) ... old bc the parts that are too old are parts before they moved the first time so this has the same effect (no items, no finished appartment). I've already tried "repair", "re-installed the game" etc. nothing works. So any cheat that can help me that if I move my sims now the appartment does not get cleared so I can move back then? Or any mod that is doing this? ... (No I don't have any mods yet installed) ... hope you understand why this is a big problem for me. It's very annyoing. :/
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Hello
    removelinkhere
    removedtheotherlinkhere

Yes it's my only "family" in that appartment. No they aren't. I've to choose their new place before I can do anything else...I can't even say "no I don't want that" like in the "move family to new place"-mode if you do this over their Simphone or a computer. The savegame stuff did not worked for me either. All parts are too old (before and after that bug) ... old bc the parts that are too old are parts before they moved the first time so this has the same effect (no items, no finished appartment). I've already tried "repair", "re-installed the game" etc. nothing works. So any cheat that can help me that if I move my sims now the appartment does not get cleared so I can move back then? Or any mod that is doing this? ... (No I don't have any mods yet installed) ... hope you understand why this is a big problem for me. It's very annyoing. :/

Hello
    Has the game started you with a new save game ?

The autosave file may be causing issues. Go to your save folder in Documents -Electronic Arts-Sims 4 folder and move the slot_00000001.save file. to your desktop. That is the autosave file. Then launch the game. Go to the load button ( the one with the floppy disk image) in the main screen in the game, load your save game file,play the game and see if you can enter your apartment.
    Make sure that you have put back into the saves folder the save game version that you were using when the issue occurred.

Did you try going into build mode on the apartment lot and were the furnishings like how they were previously when your sims were living there?
  • Options
    D3thw0lfD3thw0lf Posts: 3 New Member
    Thanks a lot the "go into build mode" stuff fixed that for me. *phew* ... <3
  • Options
  • Options
    PaulaodomPaulaodom Posts: 22 Member
    Don't really know if this is a city living bug or even if its a bug at all, but my sim has the vegetarian trait but she keeps making non vegetarian safe food and leaving them all over the house.
  • Options
    Paulaodom wrote: »
    Don't really know if this is a city living bug or even if its a bug at all, but my sim has the vegetarian trait but she keeps making non vegetarian safe food and leaving them all over the house.

Hello
    Your vegetarian sim should be avoiding making non vegetarian safe food, Do you have any other sims with this trait, and are they doing the same thing?
    If you have any cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if she keeps making the non vegetarian meals.
  • Options
    PaulaodomPaulaodom Posts: 22 Member

Hello
    Your vegetarian sim should be avoiding making non vegetarian safe food, Do you have any other sims with this trait, and are they doing the same thing?
    If you have any cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if she keeps making the non vegetarian meals.

I do have the MC Command Center Mod, I will take it out and see if she stops. Thanks
  • Options

Hello

I do have the MC Command Center Mod, I will take it out and see if she stops. Thanks

Hello
    I don't think that MC Command Center mod will have caused this to occur.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issue remains, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    PeanutPeanut Posts: 9 New Member
    Hey Rose! I have a question. I couldn't find the right discussion so I chose this one because the replies were very fast. I believe this is a glitch about the holiday pack. I got the MC Command Center like you suggested. It worked perfectly, until I got the holiday pack. After I installed it I realized that when I click on my sim and click MC Command Center, it makes the clicking noise, but nothing pops up. I've tried resetting. But nothing works! Plz help!!!
  • Options
    Peanut wrote: »
    Hey Rose! I have a question. I couldn't find the right discussion so I chose this one because the replies were very fast. I believe this is a glitch about the holiday pack. I got the MC Command Center like you suggested. It worked perfectly, until I got the holiday pack. After I installed it I realized that when I click on my sim and click MC Command Center, it makes the clicking noise, but nothing pops up. I've tried resetting. But nothing works! Plz help!!!

Hello
    Make sure that you have the latest version of MC Command Center installed. The latest version is 3.0.3
    http://modthesims.info/d/551680
    It would be best to remove the old version, then download /install the latest version of the mod.
  • Options
    LongTimeSimmer0244LongTimeSimmer0244 Posts: 1 New Member
    Flea Market glitch in the Spice District? Anyone else having this issue? This is why it would have been SUPER HANDY to be able to edit the festival areas. I have very few complaints with the sims 4 and most of those are just my own personal preference... but the Flea Market glitch is really getting on my nerves. The Flea Market NEVER GOES AWAY and makes most of the Spice Festival non-functional because objects just overlap. I had been using moveobjects at first but even with all the cheats off the Flea Market never goes away. Anyone else having this problem? Do we know of any patches to fix it?
  • Options
    Flea Market glitch in the Spice District? Anyone else having this issue? This is why it would have been SUPER HANDY to be able to edit the festival areas. I have very few complaints with the sims 4 and most of those are just my own personal preference... but the Flea Market glitch is really getting on my nerves. The Flea Market NEVER GOES AWAY and makes most of the Spice Festival non-functional because objects just overlap. I had been using moveobjects at first but even with all the cheats off the Flea Market never goes away. Anyone else having this problem? Do we know of any patches to fix it?

Hello
    Other simmers are having this issue also.
    When there is next a festival spawned in the Spice market district, have your sim stay right to the end of the festival until all the objects disappear.
    It would be good also to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and/m-p/5674412#M29420
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited December 2016

Best way to fix it is for your sim to literally stay on that lot until the festivals spawn and clear up. It took my sims 3 nights until everything had spawned in, reset and disappeared. But although that was a complete pain to do all the vendors and festivals are now spawning in correctly.

This bug basically occurs if you leave a lot when a festival is in progress.

There's an open bug report about this:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and/m-p/5674412#U5674412
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    PeanutPeanut Posts: 9 New Member
    Hey Rose! I had a quick question. Recently I got the MC Command Center Mod & it worked perfectly fine. But it seemed that after I installed the Holiday Pack, it seemed to stop working. When I click on m sim & click the MC COMMAND CENTER button, it makes the sound effect, but nothing pops up. I've tried everything I know of, but the menu just won't pop up! Plz help!!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Peanut wrote: »
    Hey Rose! I had a quick question. Recently I got the MC Command Center Mod & it worked perfectly fine. But it seemed that after I installed the Holiday Pack, it seemed to stop working. When I click on m sim & click the MC COMMAND CENTER button, it makes the sound effect, but nothing pops up. I've tried everything I know of, but the menu just won't pop up! Plz help!!

Hello @Peanut
    Make sure that you have the latest version of MC Command Center installed. The latest version is 3.0.3
    http://modthesims.info/d/551680
    It would be best to remove the old version, then download /install the latest version of the mod.

Even if you find that you have latest version, it would be best to remove the current version, and download/install a new copy of the mod from the download page.
  • Options
    MediocreAbbyMediocreAbby Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I am currently having much trouble in the sense that I had clicked "Work From Home" and I can't manage to get my sim to actually go to work? Help pls!!
  • Options
    Hello! I am currently having much trouble in the sense that I had clicked "Work From Home" and I can't manage to get my sim to actually go to work? Help pls!!

Hello
    After you click " work from home" your sim is given tasks to complete for that day. They then can't go to work for all of that sim day . Then on the next career work day , you will be given the choice again whether to send your sim to work or to have him work from home that day
  • Options
    SamtapletSamtaplet Posts: 151 Member
    Male got pregnant without mods or get to work.
    Origin Id: ActuallySammy
  • Options
    Samtaplet wrote: »
    Male got pregnant without mods or get to work.

Hello
    What are the gender settings that you set for him? Try checking to see if the "become pregnant" box is ticked for him.
  • Options
    Luke111Luke111 Posts: 98 Member
    Yeah, a room in my Penthouse is making this weird as heck buzzing vibrating sound, and when i moved the room, the sound Stayed where the room used to be.

Help?
  • Options
    Luke111 wrote: »
    Yeah, a room in my Penthouse is making this weird as heck buzzing vibrating sound, and when i moved the room, the sound Stayed where the room used to be.

Help?

Hello
    Try coming completely out of the game. Then go back in again and see if the noise is still there.

Was there ever a bubble blowing machine in the room? Some Simmers have had similar issues to you, and found that the bubble blowing machine was the cause of the issue.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Luke111 wrote: »

Help?

Could also be from using the 'use and massage' interaction on the talking toilet. Usually saving and exiting removes the sound from that though.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    KarlaTheSimmerKarlaTheSimmer Posts: 52 Member
    I saw only one bug, and it explains why I didn't see more...

The game freezes when loading screen appears.

This is what I did:

I tried opening three times. I played the expansion and a couple of item packs for the first time. First try: got to the lobby (with create new family, play, etc.). I got couple of little windows that were basically just showing info about those packs. When I got to the last one, it froze. I mean, the screen froze, but I could still move my in-game mouse. The music was still playing. I was unable to do any interactions. Second and third time I got to the part before the "lobby". You know, that green thingy spinning around... The game froze... Again... As in the first case, the music was still playing. My mouse dissapeared so I don't know if I could move it.

I really want to play it, but the whole game doesn't even work! Please answer, I can't make a thread (I'm a new member *clap clap*).

Thank you in advance!