Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think The Sims 4 = Failure?

Comments

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't care who's fault it is, I am more concerned that nothing has been done about it. They won't even address the fans, the very people who PAY for this game, about toddlers. Or anything for that matter (and I really don't give two flying you know what's to their reasons either).

Imagine somebody you deeply care about stringing you along. Not nice is it? This is basically what EA are doing to each and every one of us.

You can like or dislike the game but how anybody is ok with that is shocking. EA are a business who answers to its customers. No answers mean no money. It baffles me to no end that EA are silent. It's like they don't want people to play this game. That worries me more than anything.

I very much doubt there will be a Sims5. I think this game will die and somebody else will step up to the plate in a few years.

--T

Not a chance.

If you are incapable of finding the things that are good with this title
    There is no chance that a team not behokdant to Sims traditon would ever satisfy you.

None whatsoever.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't care who's fault it is, I am more concerned that nothing has been done about it. They won't even address the fans, the very people who PAY for this game, about toddlers. Or anything for that matter (and I really don't give two flying you know what's to their reasons either).

Imagine somebody you deeply care about stringing you along. Not nice is it? This is basically what EA are doing to each and every one of us.

You can like or dislike the game but how anybody is ok with that is shocking. EA are a business who answers to its customers. No answers mean no money. It baffles me to no end that EA are silent. It's like they don't want people to play this game. That worries me more than anything.

I very much doubt there will be a Sims5. I think this game will die and somebody else will step up to the plate in a few years.

--T

Not a chance.

There is no chance that a team not behokdant to Sims traditon would ever satisfy you.

None whatsoever.

How do you possibly figure that?

All they've got to do is create something with the gameplay of TS2 and the open world and CASt of TS3 and they'd obliterate TS4 in an instant.

The exact same thing happened with Cities Skylines, taking out SC2013.
    raw
  • Options
    Evil_One wrote: »

--T

Not a chance.

None whatsoever.

All they've got to do is create something with the gameplay of TS2 and the open world and CASt of TS3 and they'd obliterate TS4 in an instant.

What you just said was basically this.
    All a new team would have to do is recreate the Sims and add the stuff I like.

No?
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member

--T

Not a chance.

None whatsoever.

No?

Which is pretty much what Cities Skylines did, they recreated a City builder like the previous SimCities but made it full 3D, which is what the fans had been asking for, for ages... And guess what, it sold well.
    raw
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

The problem is that this is a game targeted at casual gamers who only want a little fun without playing very much. But all us in this forum aren't this type at all. Therefore we don't interest EA very much and doesn't care much about our wishes because EA only cares about the majority of the game's customers. If the sales numbers are as high as I suspect them to be then EA is alas right anyway.

--T
    You underestimate EA way too much because EA has always been on top in the world when it comes to selling games. Therefore I know that EA wouldn't make the game this way unless EA thought that it would sell and EA would have stopped making all those SPs a long lime ago if they didn't sell. If the sales numbers had been really low then EA a long time ago would have changed the game back and released toddlers, pets, Seasons, Supernaturals etc. But EA hasn't cared about them because EA's strategy about releasing new GPs and a lot of SPs seems to work too.

So I am in no doubt that EA will release TS5 too because the Sims games have always been huge bestsellers for EA. EA will almost certain change the game again and remove the new emotions and the multitasking just like EA did with the Open World and CASt after TS3. Then EA will let toddlers return but also change the game in a new direction once more which we as usual can't guess before we see it ;)
  • Options

--T

Not a chance.

None whatsoever.

No?

Which is pretty much what Cities Skylines did, they recreated a City builder like the previous SimCities but made it full 3D, which is what the fans had been asking for, for ages... And guess what, it sold well.

If you say so.
    More power to you.

Wish for the death of the Sims. and keep a candle in the window for the team that will satisfy your every virtual reality dreams.
    Merry Christmas :)
  • Options
    Erpe wrote: »

The problem is that this is a game targeted at casual gamers who only want a little fun without playing very much. But all us in this forum aren't this type at all. Therefore we don't interest EA very much and doesn't care much about our wishes because EA only cares about the majority of the game's customers. If the sales numbers are as high as I suspect them to be then EA is alas right anyway.

--T
    You underestimate EA way too much because EA has always been on top in the world when it comes to selling games. Therefore I know that EA wouldn't make the game this way unless EA thought that it would sell and EA would have stopped making all those SPs a long lime ago if they didn't sell. If the sales numbers had been really low then EA a long time ago would have changed the game back and released toddlers, pets, Seasons, Supernaturals etc. But EA hasn't cared about them because EA's strategy about releasing new GPs and a lot of SPs seems to work too.

So I am in no doubt that EA will release TS5 too because the Sims games have always been huge bestsellers for EA. EA will almost certain change the game again and remove the new emotions and the multitasking just like EA did with the Open World and CASt after TS3. Then EA will let toddlers return but also change the game in a new direction once more which we as usual can't guess before we see it ;)

Seriously?
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Foxcrest wrote: »
    What I know is that it's completely mismanaged and people at the top need to be fired and/or removed from The Sims Series to another department. That's what I know for sure

This is still true in December 2016.
    Thankfully, TS4 did see a bit of shuffling a few months ago so hopefully we'll see some much needed changes.
  • Options

--T

Seriously?
    Maybe this wasn't the right way to say it. But people who only buy Sims games to have a little fun without playing them much of course - usually won't be in this forum. But people who play Sims games almost every day and very often in several hours - are of course much more likely to be here.

The problem is that EA doesn't care how much you play the game after you have bought it because only the sales numbers matter to EA. Hardcore simmers who play all the time will probably always buy the games. But casual simmers who don't play very much won't. Therefore it is those casual simmers that EA targets the games at. This means that EA doesn't need much content in the game or in its expansions. But EA needs a headline for each release which can tempt as many casual simmers as possible to buy anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

--T

Seriously?
    Maybe this wasn't the right way to say it. But people who only buy Sims games to have a little fun without playing them much of course - usually won't be in this forum. But people who play Sims games almost every day and very often in several hours - are of course much more likely to be here.

The problem is that EA doesn't care how much you play the game after you have bought it because only the sales numbers matter to EA. Hardcore simmers who play all the time will probably always buy the games. But casual simmers who don't play very much won't. Therefore it is those casual simmers that EA targets the games at. This means that EA doesn't need much content in the game or in its expansions. But EA needs a headline for each release which can tempt as many casual simmers as possible to buy anyway.

You are on record as saying "don't like it don't buy it."
    You are on record blaming casual Simmers for buying what you consider an inferior product.

Please enlighten me as to what your ultimate point is.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

--T

Look on the bright side, they could hardly do a worse job.

Very true and quite possibly the only thing keeping me from giving up totally on this genre. Honestly, it's not 'The Sims' I crave anymore but the overall life simulating experience.

--T
  • Options

--T

Very true and quite possibly the only thing keeping me from giving up totally on this genre. Honestly, it's not 'The Sims' I crave anymore but the overall life simulating experience.

--T

Something tells me "Grand Theft Auto" would be right up your alley.

(Oops I was glib...now I'm in trouble)
    (OK bring it on...I probably deserve what's coming)
  • Options

--T

--T

Then you would be wrong. Again.

Nothing new there then.

--T
  • Options
    @Erpe - I can't be bothered to get into it with you and your 'casual gamer' stance. I have a lot of gripes with this game but it feeling like an app is not one of them, I'm afraid.

--T
  • Options

--T

Seriously?

You are on record blaming casual Simmers for buying what you consider an inferior product.

I don't blame anybody for buying the game if they like it. I don't like TS4. But I also don't like a huge number of action games, platform games and sports games. Nevertheless all those games are bought by people who have a different taste in games than I have. It is the same in all other areas where people like food, movies, music or what ever which I don't like myself. But why blame them? Their tastes differ from mine - so what?

My point in this discussion just is that EA didn't make TS4 the way it is because of something that anybody wrote in this forum which EA doesn't even care about. EA made TS4 this way because stuff and SPs had high sales numbers and because people seem to like watching short videos on YouTube and other places. So EA thought that people would want an easier game with a lot of SPs instead of big EPs and where the sims acted more on their own. I don't like that the game was made that way. But if the majority do so what?
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Marcustzb wrote: »
    It's Simcity's Fault... Now TS follows after Simcity 2013

Actually it's the 'we want it online/coop multiplayer' crowds fault.

You can't take what is essentially a singleplayer experience and simply make it online, it doesn't work with all genres and SimCity and The Sims happen to be among them.

Never really understood the need for the Sims to be an online game to be honest.

It's not the way I want to play it at least...

But yes, with The Sims 4 they completely missed the mark, and it's better to end it now instead of dragging on this disaster for another 3 years.
    But the developers will never admit that they missed the mark, that they plummed up so many aspects of the game.

(That's imo one of the problems with the Studio and EA. They know they made big mistakes, but they aren't going to admit it.)
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

--T

Seriously?

This is exactly one of the core problems. EA KNOWS that the hardcore loyal fans, will buy everything anyway, as long as ''The Sims'' is in the title.

They exploit (in my opinion) this fact with the Sims 4 even more. Why do people think they are making so many SP's now and why do people think they put Gameplay objects and stuff in SP's now? Just because they needed to have something to make them sell. It's a smart business move and it works so it seems.

They can get away with less effort and more money at the end of the day.

The Sims franchise (as a brand too) has always been about a loyal hardcore fanbase. A lot of us are with the franchise since day 1. (Me included). If it is the game you really came to love over the years, it's hard to 'just let it go'. It's frustrating to all of us wanting more from a sequel but getting less.

The Sims also has so many playstyles, and EA doesn't really seem to care about that either. Cutting out life stages, making traits just decoration, getting rid of the 'pure sandbox model', getting rid of creative tools etc. They just don't care. As long as it sells, they are all fine and dandy.

I don't even want to think about what they will do with TS5. Maybe this whole The Sims 4 thing gives them the idea that they can get away with cutting even more in the next game and still selling like hot cakes..

It's a sad, sad thing.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

--T

Good points.

I have called it the 'sleazy boyfriend/ girlfriend' mentality. You do not feel appreciated, you feel inside that you are not valued but then, after ignoring you for a while they decide to text you back and everything feels great again. In this case there is a new announcement and 'things are finally taking off' but it is a short lived hype and before too long, it is back to feeling undervalued.

Usually in those actual relationships everything good the other person does is magnified so there is little effort on thier part but that small effort looks better than it really is.

Over time though you start to read between the lines. Those small things that are good are only seen as small things and you start to realise that other person is not worth it so you finally find the strength to walk away and find someone better.

It seems that the same feelings are starting to happen in The Sims community?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

--T

--T

Then you would be wrong. Again.

Nothing new there then.

--T

Fair enough B)
  • Options

--T

Seriously?

I don't blame anybody for buying the game if they like it. I don't like TS4. But I also don't like a huge number of action games, platform games and sports games. Nevertheless all those games are bought by people who have a different taste in games than I have. It is the same in all other areas where people like food, movies, music or what ever which I don't like myself. But why blame them? Their tastes differ from mine - so what?

My point in this discussion just is that EA didn't make TS4 the way it is because of something that anybody wrote in this forum which EA doesn't even care about. EA made TS4 this way because stuff and SPs had high sales numbers and because people seem to like watching short videos on YouTube and other places. So EA thought that people would want an easier game with a lot of SPs instead of big EPs and where the sims acted more on their own. I don't like that the game was made that way. But if the majority do so what?

Erpe expnsions and stuff packs have been around since day one.
    EA has been trying to make a profit from day one.
    Casual gamers have been a large part of the Sims audience since day one.

You really are over thinking this thing.
    Apparantly you haven't liked the Sims since Sims 2

Here's a news flash. they are never going to simply repackage that game and sell it back to you.
    It's not going to happen. (Ever.)
    You should probably come to grips with that.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

--T

Seriously?

Here's a news flash. they are never going to simply repackage that game and sell it back to you.

Well they did give away the Ultimate Collection around two years ago for free, but that was free, so yeah, it isn't going to be sold again ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016

--T

Seriously?

No, they haven't.
    TS1 had only EPs and no SPs.
    SPs weren't planned for TS2 either. TS2 was released in September 2004. The very first SP was Holiday Party Pack which was released on November 17, 2005 more than a year after the release of the basegame and only as an experiment. But to EA's surprise it sold much better than expected. So EA decided to repeat the experiment a few months later and released Family Fun Stuff on April 13, 2006. None of those SPs were even copy protected because EA only expected them to sell shortly for Christmas 2005 and Easter 2006 respectively. But they sold so surprisingly well that EA decided to go on releasing SPs more regularly. So on August 31, 2006 EA released Glamour Life Stuff as the first SP ever with copy protection and TS2 got 7 more copy protected SPs after that.

The surprisingly high sales numbers for TS2 SPs then inspired EA to make the Sims 3 Store too.
    Correct. But before 2006 EA never believed that simmers really would use money on dead SPs without any gameplay included ;)
    Agreed.

I don't want TS2 back and I didn't even buy the last 3 EPs for TS2 ;)
    Instead I hope that TS5 finally will become a better and more interesting game than even TS2 was. I am not too optimistic though like I wasn't about neither TS3 nor TS4 because I know that EA isn't likely to target any new Sims games on real gamers. But nevertheless EA is still also releasing Sims games that I can play with pleasure (most recently the Sims Medieval and the Sims Freeplay). So there is still a chance that the Sims 5 again will be such a game even though the Sims 4 sure wasn't ;)
  • Options

--T

Seriously?

No, they haven't.
    SPs weren't planned for TS2 either. TS2 was released in September 2004. The very first SP was Holiday Party Pack which was released on November 17, 2005 more than a year after the release of the basegame and only as an experiment. But to EA's surprise it sold much better than expected. So EA decided to repeat the experiment a few months later and released Family Fun Stuff on April 13, 2006. None of those SPs were even copy protected because EA only expected them to sell shortly for Christmas 2005 and Easter 2006 respectively. But they sold so surprisingly well that EA decided to go on releasing SPs more regularly. So on August 31, 2006 EA released Glamour Life Stuff as the first SP ever with copy protection and TS2 got 7 more copy protected SPs after that.

The surprisingly high sales numbers for TS2 SPs then inspired EA to make the Sims 3 Store too.
    Correct. But before 2006 EA never believed that simmers really would use money on dead SPs without any gameplay included ;)
    Agreed.

Instead I hope that TS5 finally will become a better and more interesting game than even TS2 was. I am not too optimistic though like I wasn't about neither TS3 nor TS4 because I know that EA isn't likely to target any new Sims games on real gamers. But nevertheless EA is still also releasing Sims games that I can play with pleasure (most recently the Sims Medieval and the Sims Freeplay). So there is still a chance that the Sims 5 again will be such a game even though the Sims 4 sure wasn't ;)

I guess I should stop typing. smh :|
  • Options

--T

Seriously?

No, they haven't.

Agreed.

I guess I should stop typing. smh :|
    What I meant was that all Sims games can be expected to be targeted more on casual gamers than on real gamers :)
    But some of the Sims games have been worth playing anyway. Therefore I am still here.

But read my explanation about how the Sims games got to have all those SPs too - and you will see that EA actually listens very carefully to its customers ;)
  • Options
    Camro27Camro27 Posts: 4 New Member
    Sims 4 is definitely my favourite sims game I own.
    However, the developers need to do some majour improvements to the game. For starters, we definitely need new stairs (such as L & U-shaped stairs), and we also need the themes and colours of the windows to be improved. Also, if they could also bring back Create a Style, that would be amazing. But I would definitely prioritise the stairs over anything else!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top