Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think The Sims 4 = Failure?

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Camro27 wrote: »
    Sims 4 is definitely my favourite sims game I own.
    However, the developers need to do some majour improvements to the game. For starters, we definitely need new stairs (such as L & U-shaped stairs), and we also need the themes and colours of the windows to be improved. Also, if they could also bring back Create a Style, that would be amazing. But I would definitely prioritise the stairs over anything else!

@Camro27 - sadly, I don't think CASt will be making a return but hopefully you'll get your stairs.
  • MarcustzbMarcustzb Posts: 140 Member
    Yeah, hope the 'U' Shaped Stairs would appear
    Find me via Origin, Search by my name from my profile :)
  • MarcustzbMarcustzb Posts: 140 Member
    Camro27 wrote: »
    Sims 4 is definitely my favourite sims game I own.

I personally have this game but as "not about win or lose game" . Not based on your opinion
    Find me via Origin, Search by my name from my profile :)
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Toddlers are here !

Do you (still) think The Sims 4 = Failure ?

Not a family player but it's great to hear, about time. Still missing open world and create-a-style though and the ability to edit my towns. Nothing for me but maybe there's hope.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited January 2017
    Toddlers are here !

Toddlers aren't like a magic wand, they can't solve the whole range of problems and lack of gameplay. They're just one of many elements missing, and that's why they've been used as a way to express frustration. Other issues are core features of the base game, such as the closed world, and it's hopeless at this point.
    But to answer the original question, I wouldn't say that TS4 is a failure, no. I'd still call it disappointing and mediocre. But not go as far as calling it a failure unless if it were entirely justified, because it's something really rude to say to the developers. It has many, many flaws but also its own qualities including a few that I appreciate (the better AI, the connected worlds).
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2017
    Not a failure any more - don't care about nothing else - got my toddlers, and Vamps are coming - all is right with my world.....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Not a failure any more - don't care about nothing else - got my toddlers and Vamps are coming - all is right with my world.....

Pretty much this too. I would like CASt but I can live without it. Same with open world.

Shorter teens would be great. As with no culling. But yeah, I got what I asked for. I'm good now.

--T
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Not a failure any more - don't care about nothing else - got my toddlers and Vamps are coming - all is right with my world.....

Pretty much this too. I would like CASt but I can live without it. Same with open world.

Shorter teens would be great. As with no culling. But yeah, I got what I asked for. I'm good now.

--T

Really, all I need is the aspiration/trait systems improved upon just a bit and TS4 will be perfect for me. I can wait for pets, seasons, and all the rest.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Not a failure any more - don't care about nothing else - got my toddlers, and Vamps are coming - all is right with my world.....

Two words...... TODDLER VAMPS :+1:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »

--T

Really, all I need is the aspiration/trait systems improved upon just a bit and TS4 will be perfect for me. I can wait for pets, seasons, and all the rest.

Oh yes, that too. That's another of my wants too.

@NZsimm3r TODDLER VAMPS

--T
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @To7m I could spam the forums I'm that stoked. I knew that they would be added for free eventually... well not 'knew' but was really really sure they would be but when it didn't happen in tome for xmas I did lose hope.

Super super glad this has happened. :)

*toddler vamps* omg!!!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    @To7m I could spam the forums I'm that stoked. I knew that they would be added for free eventually... well not 'knew' but was really really sure they would be but when it didn't happen in tome for xmas I did lose hope.

Super super glad this has happened. :)

*toddler vamps* omg!!!

I know how you feel I want to comment on like *every* thread I don't know where to comment I have so many notifications haha. I wish I was at my game an able to play. You don't realise how much I wanted to finally be able to play TS4 and now I can and I'm away from home, working!

--T
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Toddlers are here !

Hard to say because we don't know the sales numbers.

But toddlers clearly weren't meant to be in this version of the game and were dropped from the basegame when it was in the alpha stage. So why did EA finally decide to add toddlers anyway and even for free? Did the sales numbers for the latest expansions become so low that EA didn't even dare to take money for toddlers by putting them into a GP or EP? Is EA now desperately hoping that free toddlers will be enough to make more than a few people interested in TS4 expansions again?
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Toddlers are here !

For me personally, yes. As I've said in other threads today, I'm very happy for TS4 players that toddlers were finally added, and I'm seeing some great screenshots. But toddlers were just a drop in the bucket of features I want/need in order to buy/play TS4. I would've bought the base game if it had included toddlers at release. But now -- too little, too late.

But I'm happy for other gamers!
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    They probably thought about pricing toddlers as as paid content, but realized the backlash would have been fierce and wisely decided to add it as a free update and recoup profits off toddler themed packs
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Toddlers are here !

For me personally, yes. As I've said in other threads today, I'm very happy for TS4 players that toddlers were finally added, and I'm seeing some great screenshots. But toddlers were just a drop in the bucket of features I want/need in order to buy/play TS4. I would've bought the base game if it had included toddlers at release. But now -- too little, too late.

But I'm happy for other gamers!

Agree, and as much as I liked the toddlers from other Sims games I don't think they will provide enough distraction from the reality of how boring (for me) this game is
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,830 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Toddlers are here !

But toddlers clearly weren't meant to be in this version of the game and were dropped from the basegame when it was in the alpha stage. So why did EA finally decide to add toddlers anyway and even for free? Did the sales numbers for the latest expansions become so low that EA didn't even dare to take money for toddlers by putting them into a GP or EP? Is EA now desperately hoping that free toddlers will be enough to make more than a few people interested in TS4 expansions again?

I don't even think sales numbers are a consideration here. You, and by you I mean those who have started playing with toddlers, can tell these have been in development for a long time. I do think this is going to have an explosive effect on future sales though. Quite a few simmers have already commented that they've purchased additional content today.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Toddlers are here !

If toddlers weren't meant to be in the game why was TS4 announced having all life stages but then later had to be retracted.

Q and A from Sims camp

http://thesims4blogger.com/post/62013845250/the-sims-4-simifieds-qa-with-simgurugrant

Simified: What are the Life Stages in The Sims 4? Are there any new ones?
    SimGuruGrant: The Sims 4 will have all of the same life stages as previous games, Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder. There are no new life stages coming at this time.

Just my thoughts but I feel it has more to do with the recent coming and going of the Maxis staff. Someone had a vision but that vision didn't satisfy a lot of players and now I understand that more of the devs from TS2 are back. I also think they felt they needed game changes to bring fans back.

@simgirl1010 I don't think sales numbers have anything to do with it either. For me it's the base game mechanics and missing lots of bits and pieces.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Toddlers are here !

If toddlers weren't meant to be in the game why was TS4 announced having all life stages but then later had to be retracted.

Q and A from Sims camp

http://thesims4blogger.com/post/62013845250/the-sims-4-simifieds-qa-with-simgurugrant

SimGuruGrant: The Sims 4 will have all of the same life stages as previous games, Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder. There are no new life stages coming at this time.

Just my thoughts but I feel it has more to do with the recent coming and going of the Maxis staff. Someone had a vision but that vision didn't satisfy a lot of players and now I understand that more of the devs from TS2 are back. I also think they felt they needed game changes to bring fans back.

@simgirl1010 I don't think sales numbers have anything to do with it either. For me it's the base game mechanics and missing lots of bits and pieces.

Do you have a source for this?
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Not a failure. Still a lacklustre heap of banal linearity? Absolutely. Would it be that hard to introduce a colour wheel?
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Toddlers are here !

Q and A from Sims camp

Do you have a source for this?

A source for the simplified quote? It's in my post. It was from a Q&A session by a Sim's Camp attendee.

The rest of the post are my thoughts.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member

Amen to that, I am so happy that nothing can bring Me down , I finally got Vampires, and we got the lil tikes, now all that is left for Me to get hopefully is Pets with Werewolves, and the other Supernaturals, & of course Plant Sims, other then that I am good right now, :)
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    We got toddlers, and we will probably get pets this year.

So no.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    That the toddlers are here is great, to me that improved sims4. Yet another thing I would like is a balanced emotion system and not the jumpy one we have now.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top