Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    edited December 2016
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @Eigan123, you have enough points, so now you just need 15 more posts to meet the requirements to be a full member... ;)

Before I was able to become a member, on roughly November 1st of this year, I needed to have 50 posts and 20 likes. So @Eigan123 probably needs 20 more posts than that, or a total of 35 more, before they can become a member. :(

It's 50 points, 30 posts and an account older than 24 hours. The requirements is listed in the Membership thread over in the Forum Ideas and Feedback section. It's been like this since the gurus/mods came up with the requirements... ;) So @Eigan123 has 74 points and 15 posts. So they needs 15 more posts as they already have an account older than 24 hours old. They are 1/3 of a way to becoming a full member... :)
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Hi, @Eigan123. I see several Simmers have already answered your questions. I'll just add that once you get to Member Status, add your wishlist into your signature so that those of us in the 'Own the Store Club' can help you towards CYSing ( yes, I just made up that word ;) ).
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    @Eigan123 That happened to me a few weeks ago, I got double charged for the World of Wonder Carousel collection. I called EA customer service and they resolved it and refunded my SimPoints within about 20 minutes, so I hope you're able to get your issue resolved!

I'm supposed to be writing a paper this weekend, but I just hit the halfway point to completion, sooo...quick break for some Sims and dinner.
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • Options
    JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    It's 50 points, 30 posts and an account older than 24 hours. The requirements is listed in the Membership thread over in the Forum Ideas and Feedback section. It's been like this since the gurus/mods came up with the requirements... ;) So @Eigan123 has 74 points and 15 posts. So they needs 15 more posts as they already have an account older than 24 hours old. They are 1/3 of a way to becoming a full member... :)

Apparently my memory didn't serve me as well as I thought. See what I mean about being stubborn, @elphieluvr? :p

For anyone wanting to see the actual thread, you can see it here.
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    JovialJoy wrote: »

Apparently my memory didn't serve me as well as I thought. See what I mean about being stubborn, @elphieluvr? :p

For anyone wanting to see the actual thread, you can see it here.

It's okay, we all have those senior moments even if some of us isn't seniors yet... ;)

• Options
    It's okay, we all have those senior moments even if some of us isn't seniors yet... ;)

I'm a college senior, does that count? :p

Anyway, guess who just finished her first paper? *dances* More video games for me!
    Wishlist
  • Options
    elphieluvr wrote: »

I'm a college senior, does that count? :p

Anyway, guess who just finished her first paper? *dances* More video games for me!

Hehehe, I'm going to count that as one of those moments since you have your hands full with college finals. That right there is enough to make someone be very forgetful when they have a lot of studying and work to be done... :p
  • Options
    Hehehe, I'm going to count that as one of those moments since you have your hands full with college finals. That right there is enough to make someone be very forgetful when they have a lot of studying and work to be done... :p

Tell me about it. The other day I almost went out with my sweater on inside out. Doesn't help that I'm taking an overload of classes this semester.

So how do I escape? By playing TS3 and subjecting my poor Sims to University torture equivalent to my own. >:)

Wishlist
  • Options

Tell me about it. The other day I almost went out with my sweater on inside out. Doesn't help that I'm taking an overload of classes this semester.

So how do I escape? By playing TS3 and subjecting my poor Sims to University torture equivalent to my own. >:)

Hehehe, that's so evil of you to torture your Sims like that... :p But all joking aside, I have used the Sims once or twice to take out my frustration on situations that had gotten me down. When I got laid off of my job, I made a sim to represent my former supervisor who probably set me up to get me laid off so that I could send my simself over to her house just to declare her an enemy and then proceeded to start a fight with her... >:)
  • Options

Hehehe, that's so evil of you to torture your Sims like that... :p But all joking aside, I have used the Sims once or twice to take out my frustration on situations that had gotten me down. When I got laid off of my job, I made a sim to represent my former supervisor who probably set me up to get me laid off so that I could send my simself over to her house just to declare her an enemy and then proceeded to start a fight with her... >:)

LOL. I hope your sim won the fight. Otherwise, that would just be embarrassing. :p
    Wishlist
  • Options
    You guys are hilarious. :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    So with the help of many others, I was able to meet my DD goals this week. And my CYS for next week is looking more and more tangible as long as the ads keep coming in at the pace they have been. Even the week after that seems doable. However, I just glanced at Christmas week. Ouch! There are THREE big ticket items and several green sets! I'm afraid to do the calculations. :D

*Updated: Choke! I just did it. :s And if I can actually manage to swing this, it will be the most I've ever spent in one week on the Daily Deals. <drum roll> Edd informed I need a whopping 4383 SimPoints to pick everything up! Half of those points are from deals that occur on the day after Christmas alone! :o
    Post edited by JovialJoy on

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Hey!

Can I join you lovely bunch? I've recently become a sims store addict. So many worlds and sets I want!
  • Options
    Yes, join! I'm surprised you haven't already; it looks like you've been a member for a while. Welcome to the Daily Deal thread!

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Its because I wasn't playing the Sims 3 that much. Then I got a new pc and well now I want everything to do with the Sims 3 lol. I don't have any worlds (yet) and I have some content from the store but its so expensive!
  • Options
    Hey!

Can I join you lovely bunch? I've recently become a sims store addict. So many worlds and sets I want!

Oh sure you can... ;) The more the merrier. And welcome to this thread... :p
  • Options
    Eigan123Eigan123 Posts: 17 Member

@lisasc360 Aaah. I figured it had to do with the new member status. Oh well then...

@elphieluvr I was on vacation in another country (and not much The Sims 3 then, as a result) and the BahHaus duplicate purchase was sort of an impulse buy, lol. Internet was spotty, free time was at a premium, I clicked 'Buy' haha. I certainly did not optimize the points for the Cascade there.

What's the most efficient way to resolve the duplicate purchase? Shall I call (not sure what the number is), or would help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ be sufficient? I have used the latter before to resolve an issue with another EA game that is not The Sims related...
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member

Of course you can! Welcome to the DD thread. If you put a link to your wish list in your signature it will make it easier for us to send you welcome gifts.
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @MidnightAura welcome to the DD thread be sure to check out the stuff on page 1, especially the cascade section (animals abound one is great if you don't yet own this stuff). And check out the spreadsheet linked in my signature (also on page 1). Also as zeegee suggested add a link to your Wishlist in your signature, because people love to gift here. Check out the gift giving sections of the forums too if you haven't been there. To get store content free, try entering contests like wittanthony1 25 days of Christmas or if you like building things there are contests for that too like ajaxpost build a den of vice and iniquity comp.
    Above all else have fun, buy things on sale and don't be afraid to ask questions.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @JovialJoy, thank you so much for the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Heel Teen shoes... :) My Sims and I will love them... :)<3
  • Options
    Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    If I can actually remember to get on the store in time I'll be picking up the "Faire Folk Furnishings and Attire" later, with the CYS it should be free or very close to free, but my track record lately for getting on at the right times has been dismal...
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • Options
    FemaleTroubleFemaleTrouble Posts: 38 Member
    Nowhere near as savvy as many of you simmers, but thanks to the tips in here I've been able to get much more stuff from the Sims 3 store the past few days. And farming for Simpoints is my new "I can't sleep" activity! I was starting to get a little confused by criticism of Sims 4 stuff packs, thinking how expensive the store is/was, but it's nice to know with all these tricks the system can be used to your advantage. Though I think I prefer the Sims 4 selling model overall with SPs and GPs (expansions could be a bit better contentwise though), the store is not as bad of a deal as I once thought. So nice to see a community of people helping each other and loving the Sims 3 :)
    tumblr_novzxnecn01tdnvrao1_500.gif
  • Options
    Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    Well, I just got off the phone with someone from "EA Help". Still can't get DV working but they say they are still working on that and gave me another 1000 SimPoints as an apology for the continued delay. I'll never turn down more points, they always come in handy.
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • Options
    @Eigan123 I called them because I wanted the issue dealt with immediately and didn't want to wait for a response to an email. Also, since the Sims 3 store is not really updated or maintained anymore, it's a somewhat obscure issue and more difficult to address with EA's contact form.

I started tackling my second paper today and finished 5 out of 8 pages before dinner. Yay!

@JovialJoy Thank you so much for the gift, I'll use it to finish my research paper. ;)
    Wishlist
  • Options
    Sorry to double-post, but since I'm still a new member I can't edit posts...

I was looking at the spreadsheet tab for CYS estimates, and I wanted to be sure I understand correctly. With the Drifter's Desire deal coming up, it says under "estimated CYS for green download," 133. Does that mean if I own 133 points of stuff from this collection, it should be free to CYS during the deal?

There's so many tabs and numbers, it's hard to sort it all out!
    Wishlist

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top