The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    sonale92 wrote: »
    Hey :smile:
    I really love the Sims and also the Sims Legacy Challenge. I have tried several times to reach the 10th generation and I acutally did once ^^ I even started a new one again (generation 3 right now) and I thought about posting it in a blog because I take tons of screenshots and at least try to write a story to the challenge. But I don't know if I need a licence for posting pics of the sims on the Internet and I can only find a licence for the let's plays. I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but maybe someone can help me?
    Thanks a lot <3
    No "liscence" needed :smile:

Thanks a lot :blush:
  • Options
    DotDebsDotDebs Posts: 163 Member
    Hey All!

It’s voting time for my legacy to decide the heir. I would love it if you could help!
    Theresa_C_T_YA.gifAmy_C_T_YA.gifRose_C_T_YA.gif
    To read Generation I, click HERE.

VOTE FOR THE HEIR
    Voting closes November 30th.
  • Options
    KorinaleaKorinalea Posts: 8 New Member
    Greetings all,

Ive started my first ever blog, telling the stories of the Maxwell Legacy!

In game I am actually up to generation 8 so I have heaps of content ready to go.

Check it out if you're keen :)

themaxwellsblog.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    Never posted on this thread before, but...
    Would it be considered cheating if I use a mod that removes the 8 sim per household limit? I hate having to move out folks...
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Never posted on this thread before, but...
    Would it be considered cheating if I use a mod that removes the 8 sim per household limit? I hate having to move out folks...

Since 'cheating' means you are in some way making the game easier, I think the mod you mentioned might make it harder. And you are not the only one that uses a mod like that. I don't think that's cheating.

• Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    Since 'cheating' means you are in some way making the game easier, I think the mod you mentioned might make it harder. And you are not the only one that uses a mod like that. I don't think that's cheating.

But more Sims probably means more income... though... most of the 'more' would be old folks and children and they don't have an income anyway. I'm writing a blog about my legacy, and I get so attached to all my family members and their friends... and I want their significant others to live at the household too, and all the children, before they come of age. I guess I will just cave and get the mod, and have around 12 people in my household. It will be one crazy chaos, I suppose.
  • Options
    simmerkaylasimmerkayla Posts: 30 Member
    Hey everyone,

I've started my first Legacy challenge for Sims 4! I am doing strict equality, modern bloodline, and random heir law.

My founder is Olivia Greene. She came to town with a dream of living off the land as a botonist. She met and married Chris Bennet after her first day in town, and they took Olivia's last name. They quickly realized they needed to take jobs in order to get any walls around their tiny bed, toilet, and refrigerator. They were traveling into town everyday just to shower! Chris took a job in business, while Olivia took a tech job. They both went to work and traveled to the library as soon as they got home so they could use the computers.

They were surprised to become pregnant very quickly, and gave birth to a son, Abraham. They could also afford walls! They lived with everything in one room until the birth of their second son, Beckett. Beckett was still an infant when they found themselves pregnant with a third child, but thankfully, they could finally afford a decent two-bedroom house with an actual bathroom and kitchen! The day after they moved in, their third son, Calvin, was born.

Abraham is now a teen who is pursuing romance, Beckett is a glutton, and Calvin is good. Olivia and Chris are advancing in their career and are hoping to build a larger home by the time they become elders!
  • Options
    Amyloo03Amyloo03 Posts: 6 New Member
    Ok, so AJ, Bella's mom, is an amazing elder and three-fourths through that life stage. She is literally going to die in a week IRL, abd I am so not ready.
    Although, having AJ die will allow the heir, Addison, to age up into a young adult. There has been no new children in a long time, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Rawla wrote: »

But more Sims probably means more income... though... most of the 'more' would be old folks and children and they don't have an income anyway. I'm writing a blog about my legacy, and I get so attached to all my family members and their friends... and I want their significant others to live at the household too, and all the children, before they come of age. I guess I will just cave and get the mod, and have around 12 people in my household. It will be one crazy chaos, I suppose.

Oh I see. I hadn't considered people might have the advantage of more money-makers. Interesting.

• Options
    @simmerkayla - Awesome beginning! Thanks for sharing. :)
    @Amyloo03 - Its amazing how attached we can get to our Sims. Very nice.
  • Options
    AdoriyahAdoriyah Posts: 156 Member
    I am wondering about rules on Lot traits
    My Sims 4 Gallery
    Origin ID: Adoriyah
  • Options
    AdoriyahAdoriyah Posts: 156 Member
    @EuphorialQueen Great! Thanks for the links <3
    My Sims 4 Gallery
    Origin ID: Adoriyah
  • Options
    Raey0nRaey0n Posts: 203 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hello everyone! I've published a blog called the sawyer alphabetacy. There's a thread on it in the forums too.
    Please do check it out! :relaxed:

https://simminglikeaboss.wordpress.com/

I'm a new ish writer. If you like writing with humour then you should hopefully enjoy it. <3 I should add, I don't exactly follow the rules. :D I follow MOST of them. Hehe.
  • Options
    simmerkaylasimmerkayla Posts: 30 Member
    My legacy is on its second generation! Here's what happened after my last update:

Chris and Olivia had three teenage boys (Abraham, Beckett, and Calvin) when they decided to try for just one more. It took awhile, but they finally found they were expecting a little girl! Daphne was born the day after Abraham set off on his own. The Greenes finally saved up enough to build a larger home, and build a lovely country-esque house complete with a garden and pool. Chris quickly became an elder, and not long after, Grimmie came for him. The family mourned for a long time before they could start to move on.

Calvin received the non-commital trait, but it still didn't take long before he met and fell in love with an insane girl named Star! Star already had a teenage son and baby with her ex-girlfriend, but the children decided to stay with their other mother. Calvin and Star tried for a baby soon after their wedding, and the second generation was born soon after! Ellen is currently a school aged child, and her little brother Floyd is a newborn. Floyd was unplanned, but they are still thrilled. Calvin has a hard time keeping a job, so he's working on writing children's books instead.

• Options
    GeekMonkey34B21GeekMonkey34B21 Posts: 131 Member
    Just bought Sims4 during Origin's Holiday Sale! Decided to do my very first Legacy Challenge. Feel free to follow along (the blog still needs organizing but ya know)

Wordpress -- GeekMonkeyGames. I'll post a link when I've been around a little longer.

I've got update 2 dropping tomorrow. With update 3 maybe Monday or Tuesday. I'm on holiday from work so I've had a lot of play time to start the challenge. Maybe I'll go organize that blog now....
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    SimmingMiaSimmingMia Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a few questions...Can spares not have children? If spares can, do they count as the next generation? Also, when is a new heir selected? I read all of the threads and I still can't find the answer! It's probably there somewhere but I couldn't see it.
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    edited January 2017
    SimmingMia wrote: »
    I have a few questions...Can spares not have children? If spares can, do they count as the next generation? Also, when is a new heir selected? I read all of the threads and I still can't find the answer! It's probably there somewhere but I couldn't see it.

The rules say you can't play in another household. So if your spares have already moved out they can't have children (except you use a mod). As long as they live in the legacy household they are allowed to have babies :) (At least that's how I understand the rules). The spares' kids count as the next generation (cousins to the heir/heiress).
    You can choose by yourself when the new heir/heiress is selected. The legacy challenges I've read so far mostly select when the youngest kids turn into teenagers (probably because then you can see how they will look like as adults).

I hope I could help you :)
  • Options

I've been on hiatus from this challenge for a long time. Here is my founder and the succession laws I've chosen. A good start for a new year. Hopefully I can make it through this one. (Yes, I always say that.)

Allison World
    1ff37aad-1c33-4a0b-92d3-9001c55576c6_zpsmxrntyhc.png
    Big Happy Family Aspiration - Domestic, Loves Outdoors, Cheerful, Self-Assured
    Gender Law: Equality (male or female)
    Bloodline Law: Strict Traditional (bloodkin only)
    Heir Law: Last Born
    Species Law: Tolerant (human or alien)
    Extreme Start - 64x64 Windenburg Lot beginning
  • Options
    jeromesimsworldjeromesimsworld Posts: 78 Member
    Hello everyone! I have just fallen in love with reading legacy stories and I have been inspired to start my own. I would love it if you guys would join me on this adventure.
    jeromesimsworld.wordpress.com
    ORIGIN ID: JeromeJoynes

jeromesimsworld.wordpress.com

[img][/img]0g1lXMR.png
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,612 Member
    Okay, I'm planning to take on this Legacy Challenge (along with the Rosebud one that I already started, though this one would be more story oriented), and my current founder is going to be a real "Don Juan" kind of guy and I was wondering if he ended up knocking up a few ladies during his wild romance adventures, would I have to bring them into the Legacy house until birth for the kids to be viable for heirs?

I plan for him to have a primary spouse at some point, but I was leaning towards the idea of having some baby mamas on the side initially for at least some slight genetic variety. I was planning to just let the baby mamas remain npc for the pregnancy and when they popped it out, baby daddy goes visit and when they grow up to a kid he takes them to his house. (And if the kids left after that they'd be gone from the legacy house for good, to make it fair)

I just don't want to juggle the mothers around cause I don't want to keep them but just want their genetic variety. And their love. Having the baby grow up outside would allow true random selection of traits, so to me it would work out.

Also, what defines a primary spouse? If my heir for the next gen happened to NOT be the child of the previous primary spouse, which would I need a record/dedication/immortilization of? The biological parent or the "main" parent that theoretically raised them.

~~

Currently stuck on the Heir Selection Law options. Living Will is really cute/touching but Strength sounds really fun to do. BUT I do also like the idea of other folks voting with Democracy. And of course Merit has it's...merits, for lack of better word.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @EuphorialQueen - Thanks so much! She's gotten married now to a Sim I downloaded from the Gallery. I gave him the politician career. She will be a live at home mother for now. The house has not even begun. Only two wall sections. Behind the toilet and shower for a little privacy, and that's it. They have a cheap bed, fridge, counter and a lamp or two. Its fun! I chose the last name 'World' so I could have a fun time with naming children. Example might be: George Entire World, Mary Peaceful World, etc. Or keep off the George and Mary parts and just have the unique first names. I haven't decided.

@BlueR0se - I don't know quite how to answer your questions except to say, have fun. Sounds like you've got quite a bit of drama in store for your Sim.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top