Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello Skymyst! You're my buddy!

Comments

• Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    That is one of the cutest houses I have ever seen!

I'm tempted to search for a copy of KPST purely so I can download this, haha! :blush:

Rec'd and faved...now I need to try to get all thoughts of sweets out of my head or I might demolish a chocolate bar :wink:
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    What a cute house!
    That is one of the cutest houses I have ever seen!

I'm tempted to search for a copy of KPST purely so I can download this, haha! :blush:

Rec'd and faved...now I need to try to get all thoughts of sweets out of my head or I might demolish a chocolate bar :wink:
    You guys think so? Really? Hm... I'm not sure I would ever want to play it. :)

I bought KPST because there were several amusement park venues at one point (this was before World of Wonder came out) that used that pack a lot. I had been waiting for it to go on sale, and when it was suddenly discontinued and the price shot up, I thought I would never get it. Then one day I saw someone on Amazon selling it for $15 (I'm guessing he didn't know how much it was going for at that point), and I snapped it up. It's not exactly my favorite stuff pack. I rarely use anything from it, and generally I recolor them. Pink... not really my favorite color. :)

This also wasn't what I'd had in mind when I started. I wanted a wicked witch gingerbread house, but then I couldn't figure out how to do it. Since exporting it, I found a wallpaper in the game that would have looked more like the gumdrops on the wall that are mentioned in the Hansel and Gretel story, but I didn't really want to redo this. :)
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Hooray for a bargain! :smile:

I think a part of me just also wants to complete my sims collection as much as possible...the only main thing I'm missing is 70s,80s,90s which I probably will get eventually.

I regret not getting KPST before it got discontinued. Whoops :blush: I just checked eBay and there are several sellers selling used discs with codes for a very reasonable price...hmm...maybe :wink:

I don't think I would get a huge amount of use out of it, but sometimes there are just a handful of items that I really like in a SP that I get enough use out of that it is eventually worth it. Probably not with this pack...but I expect I'll still try to get it all the same XD

I still think your house is super cute <3
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    I like your candy house, it is very festive :).
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Sugar Sweet Gingerbread House would liven up any winter wonderland scene for sure! Easy to see children nestled in their beds, visioning sugar plums (lollipops! gum drops! peppermints!! chocolate!!! <- can you tell which I prefer?!) dancing in their heads ;)

I have KPST, but tend to not use it much... I might have to now!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I immediately thought of Hansel and Gretel and the Gingerbread house! Great job!
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Ok so I have diabetes also but I need to have the Gingerbread house! I think I'll replace a community lot with it for the month of December :) It is super cute and while I agree I wouldn't play it all year Christmas time will work wonderfully! Then after the season I'll tuck it away until next year! lol
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    So after some serious muttering under my breath my baby girl looked at me crawled over to my chair which was a struggle with her IV and such in her arms and hugged me, she said it will be ok Mommy, you will figure it out. After the tears stopped coming I realized she was right I was getting all worked up over "a game not working right". Must be stress! She said .... so who is your buddy? You said everyone got a buddy .... so who was your buddy?

So I curled up with her in her bed and we are looking at "my thread" and reading everything together - while I take a break for a minute from fighting with my game and the launcher!

@MiaSkywalker - So I am still blown away by the fact someone would "request me". I always thought I posted "too much" stuff in my letters. My favorite character to play is a single witch who finds her way in life ...... so the first house is PREFECT for me! While I do not want to "play with" all my goodies until I get my stuff together for my buddy! After all it is only fair she have goodies to play with too! I simply can not wait to get into game and download my houses.

House one Cozy Posey Cottage is PACKED full of goodies! I too am blown away by how you got everything inside it. I LOVE the beehive and the little goodies you said you have placed in the house so I can not want to get in there and explore! The outside looks like something right out of a fantasy movie/novel! And, I LOVE it! Maybe that is my mistake on builds - I have heard before to use "house plans and such as inspiration" but I always felt I was not "good enough" to even attempt such things but seeing all of your stunning houses ..... almost ..... makes me want to try again! ;)

The second house my daughter looked at and said OMG, its a Gingerbread Cottage. She has requested it for her game! She like you loves cats well all pets and started playing Sims so she could mess around with Sims 3 Pets and has since enjoyed discovering some of the "hidden" gems in the game. As far as me I will be honest I actually liked many of the things in the Katy Perry Sweet Treat pack and I was blessed to get it when it first came out so I think I paid like $10 for it. While I too tend to recolor a lot of things in it I think it is amazing for "Winter Wonderlands", "Theme Parks" and such. Christmas/Yule is my favorite time of the year and I actually started a saved game/world to play just for the holidays! So this will fit perfect there too! Though I am thinking about making a world with just gifts from exchanges like Tanu had talked about once before! While I like it my daughter thinks you built this one just for her .... she has claimed it and thinks it is EPIC! Got to love being a kid!

Anyway, enough rambling from me for now I need to get her and I cleaned up a bit before they bring her dinner and I need to try to find something for me to eat too - while she will share her food I of course won't let her. Sometimes the staff bring me a tray too as a thank you for doing a lot of things they would normally have to do - so maybe I can get lucky! It is the day before payday so some of you might know how that feels. When I get back I am going to try to get back to work on stuff for my buddy so bare with me all I am trying! I will be honest I had been so wrapped up in my daughter at first I had almost forgotten about this exchange and with not having my main desktop it is a challenge but as my daughter said ..... It will be ok! Right? Right!
  • Options
    @Skymyst: You tell your little girl that yes, I did make that for her! As well as all other little girls who need something fun to play in.

Real life stinks sometimes; all you can do is get past it when it does. I hope things get better for you and your daughter soon. Pneumonia also stinks (I've had that before), but she's young, which means she can bounce back. At least, I hope so. You do what you have to for her and yourself.

Christmas is your favorite time of year? Mine too! I love how bright and sparkly and shiny everything is! It's not about the presents - I get more excited about what gifts I'm giving than what gifts I'm getting - but it's about the excitement and color and everything else. So, one more thing you and I have in common. :) Every year at this time I break out my Christmas game, where I play in Rflong's Winter Wonderland world. And that Gingerbread House really would go perfectly in it. :)
  • Options
    You might not think that the name is inspired or creative, but the Fantasy Tower House surely is! So much to do on this 30x30 lot, both inside and outside. The bedroom is a fave as is the kitchen, plus plenty of wonderful touches makes it mightily tempting to play a witch again :)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @MiaSkywalker - I like that you've stepped on out of your comfort zone with Sugar Sweet Gingerbread - looks lovely and Fantasy Tower House is fantastic - love that it has a self-sustaining farm - rec'd them both!
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    @MiaSkywalker So I took a few minutes to pop in my wonderful thread and see the latest goodies you have been cooking up! Fantasy House with Tower doesnโ€™t need a better name it is wonderful as it is! I have never had a lot with a mill before so I am excited to play around with it. I had no idea you could do so much fishing on the mill wheel! I love the tower and the care you took in the extra little goodies like the perfect fishes. I so want that kitchen in real life! The ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ camp looks stunning! It really does look like something you would see. It makes me think of the Cher song โ€œ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธโ€™s Tramps and Thievesโ€ yes, I know I am showing my age some. My mother use to love to listen to Cher so I grew up listening to that song! I do not think it is over the top at all! I cannot wait to show these two to my daughter she has been very excited watching the goodies as the come up and daddy brought her his laptop so she can play on it while in the hospital. Since her Kindle was getting a work out. The inside is EPIC! I love all the bright colors and how everything looks so cozy! And it has a basement too! So, cool! It kind of reminds me of a old storm cellar they are making use of while camped out. Thank you so very much! I will have to let you know what my Shortie thinks of these I am betting she is going to like the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Camp after all she is my daughter and she loves bright and shiny things!
  • Options
    @Skymyst: I'm glad you like the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ camp. :) I love bright and shiny things too, so this is certainly a lot I wouldn't be averse to playing. In Sims 1, I think almost all of my lots were this colorful. :D I'm one of the few people I know who actually LIKES the bright colors from the Drifter's Desire and Haucienda sets. Sure, I recolor those sometimes to match a more muted tone, but I see nothing wrong with the normal colors. :)

Unfortunately, as with the other lots I've posted so far, the most you can fit in here is two Sims. There's no room to expand, unless you want to add to the basement and have some bedrooms down there.

You know what? Until I made a medieval mill some time back and was testing it, I had no idea you could fish in it, either. I was pretty amazed, and then when I realized that fully half the fish you'll get out of it are sharks (and the comment "there sure are a lot of sharks" pops up every time you get one), I couldn't help laughing. Sharks? In a mill? How weird is that!
  • Options
    Colorful! Marvelous! A perfect home for a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ witch or a bohemian acrobat or... lots of fun ways to play out living in this house :)
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker - your ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ caravan is very colorful and lovely - REC-A-ROO!
  • Options
    Yay! Another caravan! Love all the colors!
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    You have a great imagination! I especially like the Fantasy House with Tower. ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Wanderings Caravan is very colorful and cheerful.
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Those tiny lots are always such a huge challenge! Cozy Posey Cottage is adorable! It will look wonderful somewhere like Dragon Valley. Sugary Sweet Gingerbread House is a great use of all the candy stuff from KPST. Of course, it's kinda making me hungry, but that's not the point, lol. If I ever decided to make a candyland world, it will be perfect! :lol: Love the Fantasy Tower House! And I see an Old Mill in there! That one is tough to make work in game, but it looks great! The ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Wanderings Caravan is delightfully colorful. That set is so bright that it's not practical for much, but every once in a while it's just perfect. Really like how you paired it with the hacienda set, I wouldn't have thought of that but it definitely works!
  • Options
    Great story behind the name. I hadn't heard that before! I really love the sharp contrast of color in the chicken coop and barn. Fun roof and great choices for textures.
  • Options
    Inverness Fantasy House is beautiful. I'm so jealous of your building style - I wish I could do that! Got you rec'd <3
  • Options
    Inverness Fantasy House has a memorable story behind its name and the memorable bit doesn't stop there! The roofing definitely catches your eye and the interior, too. This is a wonderful home for a large family ~ they won't be feeling cramped or crowded, but will be feeling lucky and special because of living here :)
  • Options
    Fantasy Whimsy is smaller than your other builds, but has as much curb appeal! The fireplace feels like it's the center of the home and that large kitchen leaves plenty of room for cooking up a storm :)
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Mia I've been enjoying seeing the gifts you've created. You have a great sense of imagination :) The last house made me think of a Christmas tree when I saw it's thumbnail for some reason lol
  • Options
    So many fun fantasy homes. It is like Christmas.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Inverness Fantasy House has a memorable story behind its name and the memorable bit doesn't stop there! The roofing definitely catches your eye and the interior, too. This is a wonderful home for a large family ~ they won't be feeling cramped or crowded, but will be feeling lucky and special because of living here :)
    Fantasy Whimsy is smaller than your other builds, but has as much curb appeal! The fireplace feels like it's the center of the home and that large kitchen leaves plenty of room for cooking up a storm :)
    Mia I've been enjoying seeing the gifts you've created. You have a great sense of imagination :) The last house made me think of a Christmas tree when I saw it's thumbnail for some reason lol
    ciane wrote: ยป
    So many fun fantasy homes. It is like Christmas.

Thank you, you guys. :)

Hm... Tanu's comment makes me wonder... maybe it would help if you guys saw the pictures that gave me inspiration? Most of these are real homes that people actually live in, although some are buildings used for shops or places of interest.

Here are some of the photos that gave me inspiration, for builds you've seen so far, and some yet to come:
    e0jw1t.jpg
    2d7hfma.jpg
    21n4qdf.jpg
    20kwah.jpg
    505imq.jpg
    2yw8rpl.jpg
    2415gs4.jpg
    2c0doh.jpg
    2ps0z74.jpg
    28hjuxw.jpg
    29dd7ah.jpg
    23ii4qu.jpg
    11ipfux.jpg
    2w4kb35.jpg
    30blr2w.jpg
    5zf8k2.jpg
    287i2av.jpg
    2hr24pv.jpg
    2zohpw5.jpg
    6sgfhi.jpg
    2qbfw9x.jpg
    atvpj7.jpg

For me, it helps if the house actually exists. You can have fantastic homes in paintings or movies that wouldn't actually be buildable. Then again, occasionally I will stumble across something that really exists, but still isn't buildable.
    1zdc040.jpg
    Yes, it really exists, and someone lives in it. Could I build it? Possibly, with great difficulty. Would it be practical? I seriously doubt it. And I'm too much of a pragmatist to want to build something entirely for looks. :)
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on