Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello Skymyst! You're my buddy!

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Your collection of 5 males and one female is quite an intriguing collection! Wonderful backstories on each of them :) Might tempting to see which gent wins the hand of fair lady.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Wow-we-wow! Such HUNKY and beautiful Sims! You've been busy and done a fabulous job! I've got them all rec'd <3
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    A couple of those sim guys are just too handsome for their, or my own, good!
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Wow Mia you are really spoiling your buddy with these gifts. I am really loving the fantasy house with tower and fantasy whimsy. The terrain sculpting and ivy really give the fantasy whimsy a nice look. May have to "borrow" a few of them for my dragon valley save. Also really liking Deondre its so rare to see darker vampire, am really liking his look and have a female sim that would like to meet him.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited November 2016
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Your collection of 5 males and one female is quite an intriguing collection! Wonderful backstories on each of them :) Might tempting to see which gent wins the hand of fair lady.
    aricarai wrote: »
    Wow-we-wow! Such HUNKY and beautiful Sims! You've been busy and done a fabulous job! I've got them all rec'd <3
    ciane wrote: »
    A couple of those sim guys are just too handsome for their, or my own, good!
    Catdog123 wrote: »
    Wow Mia you are really spoiling your buddy with these gifts. I am really loving the fantasy house with tower and fantasy whimsy. The terrain sculpting and ivy really give the fantasy whimsy a nice look. May have to "borrow" a few of them for my dragon valley save. Also really liking Deondre its so rare to see darker vampire, am really liking his look and have a female sim that would like to meet him.

Thank you guys! :) I really liked making them. I made Deondre because as I was searching for something (completely unrelated to Sims) online, I stumbled across an image of an absolutely gorgeous African-American man. I just HAD to try to duplicate him. I couldn't completely; the game just won't allow muscles quite as sculpted as his were. Also he had some really interesting tats all over, and I couldn't duplicate that effect, so I eventually just gave up on that part, and didn't put any on at all. I think I got his face right, though, and that was the main thing. :)

@Catdog123 - The gout fairy tale / medieval houses are really more my usual build style than the other two, so I do have to agree with you. They would blend in with either Dragon Valley or Cotes D'Ambonnay (the custom world I play most frequently), and those are the two worlds I love most. Sometimes the ivy is tricky to work with, so I can't always use it where I want. It worked well on that build, though. :)

I think different guys from that set will appeal to different people, so I wanted to make a variety. Glad you guys like them - I think the ladies of your worlds will, too. ;)
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Wauw, how do you get all those roofs look so pretty! Awesome build <3
  • Options
    Hoplass wrote: »
    Wauw, how do you get all those roofs look so pretty! Awesome build <3
    Practice. Lots and lots of practice. :)

Remember how, when I was running my contest, at first I had trouble with roofs? I did a lot of practice with different roof types, on different floor plans, until eventually I started figuring out all sorts of roof tricks. I also read some Sim building tutorials on roofs in the creative forum, and watched a bunch of tutorials on Youtube. Now I'm actually pretty confident about making roofs of different types.

I also experiment with roofs any time I do a new build. I will try every roof type with different pitches and other things until I get it right. Or, if I have a particular idea in mind, I will try as many times as it takes to get it right.

That curvy roof I use on a few builds is the pagoda gable, with a reverse curve. (There's a slider for the pagoda curve below where the pitch slider is.) For those, if you go all the way to the edges, the roof sticks out way too far most of the time, so I actually start one square in both front and side, and then pull the roof until it's one square in on the other sides as well. You have to also use a flat floor on the roof, so that you don't have the building open to the elements, and the curvy roof is really just for looks. Unlike with the straight gables, I didn't tend to pull the curvy gable roofs all the way across, even when I was doing a gable on each side; the gable walls for the curvy roofs don't meet nicely the way they do for the straight gables, and it makes that floor unusable. (I like to use the gable areas for attic space.) So for the gables with curvy roofs, I had to pull them only as far as the side in. Sometimes it was tricky getting it to look right, and I play with the pitch, and delete and redo the roof several times until I get it right.

I absolutely NEVER use the default roofs that the game puts in. They're almost always ugly and inappropriate. :)
  • Options
    I LOVE that roof! That is awesome! Yep, I've had problems where I had to add floor to place something and then delete the floor after placing.
  • Options
    Sorcery Star Cottage is so very unique. I love the roof on it - gorgeous - REC'D!
  • Options
    Sorcery Star Cottage is... **jaw drops**
    Stunning! An absolutely stunning showpiece of a place. <3 that roof and everything under it :)
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Oooo, more wonderful DV homes! Love them! The cottage look really is so perfect there, and it's one of the few worlds that I feel really fit the fun fantasy theme. I just can't seem to do fairies and unicorns and stuff in places like Lucky Palms. It's just weird, lol. (Genies and aliens kinda fit in there, though! :lol: )

And yay, more hunky guys for my sim gals! And fun colors to add to the rest of the fun colors in DV! (I think DV and MH are the two towns with the craziest EA-made sim genetics...you just never know *what* you're gonna get with those sims!) Seriously love all the purple in these outfits, too!
  • Options
    I LOVE that roof! That is awesome! Yep, I've had problems where I had to add floor to place something and then delete the floor after placing.
    Sorcery Star Cottage is so very unique. I love the roof on it - gorgeous - REC'D!
    Sorcery Star Cottage is... **jaw drops**
    Stunning! An absolutely stunning showpiece of a place. <3 that roof and everything under it :)
    Oooo, more wonderful DV homes! Love them! The cottage look really is so perfect there, and it's one of the few worlds that I feel really fit the fun fantasy theme. I just can't seem to do fairies and unicorns and stuff in places like Lucky Palms. It's just weird, lol. (Genies and aliens kinda fit in there, though! :lol: )

And yay, more hunky guys for my sim gals! And fun colors to add to the rest of the fun colors in DV! (I think DV and MH are the two towns with the craziest EA-made sim genetics...you just never know *what* you're gonna get with those sims!) Seriously love all the purple in these outfits, too!
    Thanks guys! (beams) I really appreciate the comments.

Bookie, yes, it's hard to imagine supernaturals in some of the worlds, but I played a PlantSim in Lucky Palms once, and that didn't feel too far off for me. I can see a PlantSim in most of the worlds, and as for the others... well, you never know exactly WHAT sort of beings might be living around you that you don't know about, right? ;) (Although I have to admit, the idea of a unicorn in Lucky Palms DOES seem a bit odd.)
  • Options
    Fun pics! So sorry you had to add those floors over and over again! The things we go through, huh? Nice job.
  • Options
    What a pretty & fun place to go! The lattice effect is quite eye-catching and the carousel looks awe-sim up there. <3 the abundance of activities to do and foods to try... can easily see why you tried to leave a potion within easy reach.
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    I bet that was a tough build to get right but it was so worth it :) You should be proud of it!
  • Options
    Fun pics! So sorry you had to add those floors over and over again! The things we go through, huh? Nice job.
    What a pretty & fun place to go! The lattice effect is quite eye-catching and the carousel looks awe-sim up there. <3 the abundance of activities to do and foods to try... can easily see why you tried to leave a potion within easy reach.
    tanubanue wrote: »
    I bet that was a tough build to get right but it was so worth it :) You should be proud of it!
    Thank you all for your comments!

It definitely was worth it! I was really pleased with it when I was done. :) The only thing I might have changed (although I really hate second guessing myself) would have been to MAYBE use the greenhouse roofs on it. After seeing some of the later builds that people posted, I thought that maybe I should have... but no. I would have had to make the top a specific size to work with them, and it was already hard enough without making things even harder on myself! :D.

I don't mind a build being difficult to make. In fact, I view it as a challenge when it is, and I usually appreciate the build even more because of how much I had to put into it. :)
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Fantasy Tower House is very nice! Definitely suits its name :smile: Great build! The shell of the house is so cool; I especially like those windows!

🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wanderings Caravan is so nicely bright and colorful :smile: Very cheerful looking!

Inverness Fantasy House is stunning! Beautiful build, inside and out; lots of nicely decorated rooms. That green wallpaper and matching colored floor and sofas look especially nice!

Fantasy Whimsy (such a cute name; very fitting!) is adorable <3 All that greenery climbing the walls of the house is a lovely touch!

Haydar looks like fun to have in game! Love that hair, both color and style :smile:

Deondre is another very nice sim; interesting backstory! And lots of very cool outfits :smile:

Gyles certainly looks like he'll make sims swoon :wink:

Isamu looks like a lot of fun too!

Reece has lovely eyes, and so many col outfits :smile:

Aeryn is beautiful! And that everyday outfit is so pretty :smile:

Lots of fun sims with great stories :smile:

Sorcery Star Cottage is very cute; amazing the way you've done the shell with the roof! Lovely inside too :smile:

Skymyst Magical Park is amazing! Very cool build; looks like a great place to hang out for sims! Nicely colored too :smile:

All rec'd! Great work :smile:
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Love love love, all of these. I'm in the process of rec-ing and snagging lol. Great backgrounds on everything!
  • Options
    Love your Skymyst Magical Park @MiaSkywalker - there's so much to do! Got you rec'd!
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Wow @MiaSkywalker ! I don't think I have enough adjectives to descriibe these builds and I can't pick a favorite either. I love the star cottage and the tower and all the sims and the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan you did an amazing job on each one :)
  • Options
    Love love love, all of these. I'm in the process of rec-ing and snagging lol. Great backgrounds on everything!
    Thank you very much! As I recall, you sort of like the medieval theme as well, although maybe not so much as I do. I don't know why I shared so much technical information of what I encountered during building them. Maybe it was because during the contest I ran, we all shared information about the challenges we had and how we overcame them, and we all learned so much from it, that it was just automatic for me. :)
    Love your Skymyst Magical Park @MiaSkywalker - there's so much to do! Got you rec'd!
    Why, thankies! Although, I have to admit when I saw the boardwalk that someone made (I don't recall who off the top of my head), I realized how much MORE interesting theirs was! Oh well, I did the best I could. :) I rarely make commercial lots, so I'm not that good at making them yet. But practice makes you better!
    Kgaff wrote: »
    Wow @MiaSkywalker ! I don't think I have enough adjectives to describe these builds and I can't pick a favorite either. I love the star cottage and the tower and all the sims and the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan you did an amazing job on each one :)
    Thank you very much! :D.
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Yeah I do. Just a simpler time, makes it challenging at times to play cuz no electronics to entertain the sims. And the old world feel is also amazing. The stories are endless, it's great. Maybe one day I'll do a medieval to future challenge. Although I'll probably start with one family in Dragon Valley and kinda have the heirs move onwards to different towns as time evolves.
  • Options
    Yeah I do. Just a simpler time, makes it challenging at times to play cuz no electronics to entertain the sims. And the old world feel is also amazing. The stories are endless, it's great. Maybe one day I'll do a medieval to future challenge. Although I'll probably start with one family in Dragon Valley and kinda have the heirs move onwards to different towns as time evolves.
    Oh yes, one thing I never put in my medieval builds is a TV. I rarely put a stereo in either, although occasionally I will put something like one of the retro record players in. Sims need to do SOMETHING to start their athletic skill, particularly if you don't want exercise machines. (Which are also way too anachronistic.)
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    Hello @MiaSkywalker I am so very sorry I disappeared on you it has been a crazy few weeks! I won't go into all the details but please know I am very sorry it has taken me so long to get back to all of the wonderful gifts you made for me. I tell you I am simply blown-away by all of the AMAZING goodies! Just one of these would have been prefect but you went all out and spoiled me like crazy. My daughter is working on some home-school work right now .... plus peaking at what goodies I am looking at ... so let me get me a tea refill and a sharp pen and I will be back with more detailed comments on each of the newest goodies! Thank you thank you my friend!
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    @MiaSkywalker So sitting her bundled in blankets and sipping hot tea. I can’t not talk because of a bad inter ear infection that is also affecting my throat – so I sound like a squeaking bull frog who partied to hard last month! The plus side of this is my family is giving me a tiny breather to surf the net some ….. so for some better details about all of my other amazing gifts.

Next up on my list is ….. Inverness Fantasy House …. I loved hearing the story behind this name … so very creative and makes me wonder more about the original house. I love the inside and the fact you used my favorite set in it. It looks amazing! I love the details you added like the plants and nectar all around! I must say the roof and outside looks like something right out of “Ever After” or other Fantasy movies I have seen! I colors are stunning and I love love love all of the wood grain left upstairs. The attic reminds me of things like the Charmed TV show with all of the “good” stuff happening upstairs in the attic! The kitchen is hands down my favorite of the entire place. I love the colors, the details, the wood working! I will take one in real life too please! Thank you so much for this EPIC build! I cannot wait to have time to really get in it and play with all of the little details you added.