Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fall Fun Homemade Gift Exchange ~ Event Closed

Comments

• Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    @XxHannelorexX ~

Hey Hanne! :) Hope you're having a wonderful day!

My next gift is up for you ~ Josie and her Oceanside home

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15350589/#Comment_15350589

I had to use this picture because of the look on the green fishes face! Omg made me laugh so hard! "What? I'm in a tank!!!!" lol Poor fish B)

Screenshot-114_zpscbkrmdtt.jpg

Screenshot-127_zps6l4wfcut.jpg
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited November 2016
    To: @tanubanue
    Gift Number: Second gift ready

Link to Gift Thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15351044/#Comment_15351044

How do I get the link to jump to the correct part of the thread? I tried clicking the time stamp and copying it but it didn't work.
    Post edited by Kgaff on
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited November 2016
    @Kgaff - you choose "copy link location"

The spot you want is here:
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    ciane wrote: »
    @Kgaff - you choose "copy link location"

The spot you want is here:

My only choices are
    Save link as...
    or
    Copy link address

I tried the "copy link address" choice

Okay, thanks @ciane, I tried again and I got it to work YAY
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    Hiiii @Kgaff - it's me again, your very own Buddy! :smiley:

I have just set up a little something for you, while I get done preparing the real fun for the evening. You can find it in your very own gift thread, the direct link is here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15353100/#Comment_15353100

I hope you like it! *crosses fingers*
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    Hello All!

For those of you not aware of what is going on on my end ..... since I think only a few of you are friends with me on Facebook.

I am sorry I have been MIA again - I am in the hospital with Shortie. She woke me up in the middle of the night on November 10th saying she could not breath - I checked her fever and breathing and it sounded bad. So I rushed her to the ER. Turns out she has a bad case of pneumonia and needs lots of IV Antibiotics and is getting breathing treatments around the clock. I am exhausted and I have the fun of sleeping on a cot for god knows how long. I have nasty messages from people who have been trying to get a hold of me (none of you guys) and I am truly sorry .... Life sucks some times and my baby girl comes first. I do have limited internet here but it is has been on my Kindle and a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to type on; my wonderful husband did bring us goodies like my laptop but all of my work has been on my desktop computer at home. I have been reinstalling Sims since I got here to finish up a few things and hubby has been doing some file transfers from me for home so I can get my notes stories and such. I am working to get my first gift posted for my buddy as I type this but please bare with me ... real life hates me sometimes. I will be sure to have my buddies goodies up by the 20th and hoping to have gift 1 up later tonight.

To my buddy @MiaSkywalker I have only just barely peeked into my gift thread but what I seen made me tear up! I can not believe you requested me! The houses posted so far as amazing! I love them .... I will post more detailed comments soon I swear! Everyone hang tight I am trying!
  • Options
    @Skymyst

Dear Skymyst.
    I am really sorry that your baby has gotten so ill. And you don't have to apologize to anyone, our real lives, children and families always comes first, everyone here understands that. Take the time you need to care for your babygirl, I'm sure your buddy can wait and will happily do so, as long as your baby gets better fast!
    The kitties and I are sending thoughts and prayers your way - and I'm crossing my fingers for a speedy recovery for your little one.

HUGS!

Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    @Skymyst I'm sorry to hear about your baby girl being ill. Hopefully she recovers quickly! I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.
  • Options
    @Skymyst - pneumonia and problems breathing are the worst! I hope she is breathing much better now and that everyone is taking good care of her.
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Sorry to hear @Skymyst :'(
    Totally agree with @DolphineQ , I really hope your little one gets better fast!
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    I also uploaded the second gift @MiaSkywalker , you can find it here
  • Options
    Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    To: @ciane
    Gift Number: 1
    Link to Gift Thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/905254/fall-exchange-gifts-for-drumroll-please-ciane

Hi Ciane! As you can tell by now you're my buddy for this exchange. I'm so excited about that! Yesterday didn't go as I had planned, but luckily I was able to upload your first gift tonight. It's the first chapter of a story I wrote for you about two Sims: Eric and Leona May. Each chapter of my story will include another gift as well. I hope you'll enjoy it :blush:

Chapter 1: The First Meeting / Lakewood Garden

111t941.jpg

194f13.jpg
  • Options
    oh you KNOW I'm LOVING the story! Such a beautiful park and sims! Thank you @Martje89. I am so happy right now. I can't wait to see this park in my game.
  • Options
    DolphineQ wrote: »
    Hiiii @Kgaff - it's me again, your very own Buddy! :smiley:

I have just set up a little something for you, while I get done preparing the real fun for the evening. You can find it in your very own gift thread, the direct link is here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15353100/#Comment_15353100

I hope you like it! *crosses fingers*

I'm liking it!! I just sent you a friend request :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Just swinging by to drop a fun giftbomb on @Kgaff - Teehee! :smiley:

Dearie, it is located in your gifting thread, right here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15353259/#Comment_15353259 - enjoy!

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    @Skymyst Sorry to hear about your baby, sending best wishes to you and your family. Hope she gets well soon. Hugs <3
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited November 2016
    Thank you all! She is doing better but it is a slow process. She had some REALLY bad stuff happen to her when she was younger - which I won't go into on a game forum .... trust me you all do not want to know! Let's just say it was really bad and she is still very scared and because of that I refuse to go home even though the staff has told me she will be ok if I wish to leave and get some air. So I am working with what I have.

But, enough about that .......

@DolphineQ - I am your buddy, so you can guess how sweet your words of understanding were to hear! I have started a gift thread for you here ......

screenshot_original.jpg

Household: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010328

To give you a better understanding of your gifts ..... The short version is there are 3 main households Household #2 is your main household gift. Household #1 is the parents of one of them in Household #2 and Household #3 which you are meeting now is the parent of the second one in household #2. I thought it might be neat to have the "family" members in your world.

After doing some research I seen you liked to do big legacies and such so that is the direction I wanted to go in. I also read you did not want Sims to have skills, since you wanted to do that, so I tried to focus on looks and stories for you to work off of while you played.

The bloody exchange does not want to log me in to upload so going to try some reboots and such and see if I can find a work around.
    Post edited by Skymyst on
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    @Skymyst so sorry to hear about your little one being ill. Thinking of both of you and I hope she recovers quickly <3
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Just posting this question here because I can't find anything about it online and it really freaked me out O.O So, I happened to scroll back up on the gifting thread I made and did a double-take because of the images on the first chapter of the story I posted was definitely NOT the image I had embedded using the code; it was an image I have never even seen before.

I logged into my tinypic account and tried reposting the code thinking I had somehow typed something extra and wrong which made someone else's image show up, but it was still the same strange new image (and by strange, I literally have no idea what I was looking at but it didn't look very nice!) It's also REALLY odd because I looked over that entire post last night before I went to bed and it was the correct pic, so it somehow changed over night. In the end I can't seem to use the pic it used to be (even though it worked just fine before :sweat: ) so deleted it from the story.

Now I'm kind of freaking out that all of the images I've used on tinypic will do the same thing...

Have any of you heard of this happening with tinypic? I've never had a problem before but am thinking I should find another site to upload images because I would feel terrible if something really dodgy got posted without my knowledge :confounded:
  • Options
    @XxHannelorexX - if that happened to me, I would use another image site as I would assume that my account or the site's was hacked. You can try changing passwords there and that might be enough.
  • Options
    Just posting this question here because I can't find anything about it online and it really freaked me out O.O So, I happened to scroll back up on the gifting thread I made and did a double-take because of the images on the first chapter of the story I posted was definitely NOT the image I had embedded using the code; it was an image I have never even seen before.

I logged into my tinypic account and tried reposting the code thinking I had somehow typed something extra and wrong which made someone else's image show up, but it was still the same strange new image (and by strange, I literally have no idea what I was looking at but it didn't look very nice!) It's also REALLY odd because I looked over that entire post last night before I went to bed and it was the correct pic, so it somehow changed over night. In the end I can't seem to use the pic it used to be (even though it worked just fine before :sweat: ) so deleted it from the story.

Now I'm kind of freaking out that all of the images I've used on tinypic will do the same thing...

Have any of you heard of this happening with tinypic? I've never had a problem before but am thinking I should find another site to upload images because I would feel terrible if something really dodgy got posted without my knowledge :confounded:

That same thing happened in the last exchange. I think cmbaker can help you out with it. Her pictures got switched in the gift thread to me. It sort of freaked me out too.
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Skymyst: I am SO SORRY about your little girl! I almost cried, reading what you wrote about her. The poor little girl! I can't even imagine what she has gone through, but I hope she gets better soon.

I'll be posting your gifts a few every day. I don't want to overwhelm poor ADWilson with having to custard check all of them at once. :) You just take a look at them as you have time, and don't do more than you can handle.
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited November 2016
    Post edited by fleshjenn on
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited November 2016
    Whew! What a fun whirlwind this has been so far.

Some fun facts in case anybody is curious...

16 Buddies
    2nd Day of Gifting
    52 gifts have been checked and all are custard-clean o:)

How awe-sim is that?!!!

Edit: The gift for Skymyst has been included in this tally.
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited November 2016
    @Skymyst: Your third gift has been posted. :)

Skymyst-FH1-022_zpsgwdckbqs.jpg

Warning: I took a LOT of pictures, so it takes two posts. I had that planned in advance when I saw how many pictures I had taken. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top