Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited November 2016
    So I just noticed that the Green Deal for Grandpa's Grove is up on the Daily Deal near the end of this month. I've wanted that set for sooo long; it's one of the first things I asked about when I first came to this thread nearly a month ago! After I pick this one up, I'll finally be able to have a "proper" farm--with my Fowl and Feathers Chicken Coop and Milkin' It Dairy Corral.

I find I get most excited about sets that somehow translate to my "offline existence." I guess I want my World to have activities and objects that are also familiar to my everyday life.

Time to go ad farming!
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    I may have asked this before, but what version of Windows is everyone running?
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    Hey @JoeJude16 , I'm running Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8) on a Toshiba laptop. I haven't had many issues with the game caused by the operating system - my issues have all stemmed from Origin updates and the actual coding of the game itself. I used to try and play this game on my parents' Windows XP PC years ago, and it went crazy and crashed when I bought Pets.

P.S. @JoeJude16 and @stepbot153 , check your wishlists!
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited November 2016
    @JoeJude16 - I have played TS3 with all EPs and SPs since XP Pro, then Win7 & 8.1. All my machines are now on Windows 10.

Looks like you're building your own machine for this game, I hope you have lots of success soon! :star:

In my experience building desktops for this game, it's about good hardware; a dedicated GPU is essential. GTX models tend to be quite awesome and help also future proof your build.
    Nice to 'meet' you. All the best!
    Post edited by SemaviLady on
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the info. I was told by an Origin tech that they recommended Win 7 as the most stable option. I just wanted to know what you guys thought since I have everything from Vista through 10 except 7. And I really don't feel like buying yet another copy of Windows.

@Readalot, thanks for the presents.

Oh, and apparently today I unlocked the Sleek Intellect 5010 computer by sharing memories in-game. According to the Simdex it is one of 7 unlockable store items. Does anyone know how to unlock the other 6? They are on page 385 of the Simdex. The other items that I'm particularly interested in are the Hive of Knowledge Bookshelf and Rustic Staycation Whirlpool Station. I may not be able to get the Deep Freeze Ice Lounge (SOOO unfair) but I'll settle for these.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @JoeJude16 I think several items are unlocked by sharing memories, don't know if these are what you are missing or not because I haven't uploaded enough memories yet.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I was told by an Origin tech that they recommended Win 7 as the most stable option. I just wanted to know what you guys thought since I have everything from Vista through 10 except 7. And I really don't feel like buying yet another copy of Windows.

@Readalot, thanks for the presents.

Oh, and apparently today I unlocked the Sleek Intellect 5010 computer by sharing memories in-game. According to the Simdex it is one of 7 unlockable store items. Does anyone know how to unlock the other 6? They are on page 385 of the Simdex. The other items that I'm particularly interested in are the Hive of Knowledge Bookshelf and Rustic Staycation Whirlpool Station. I may not be able to get the Deep Freeze Ice Lounge (SOOO unfair) but I'll settle for these.
    @JoeJude16 I think several items are unlocked by sharing memories, don't know if these are what you are missing or not because I haven't uploaded enough memories yet.

This is the first I've heard of unlockable items... O.o
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited November 2016
    @JoeJude16 , @angeljess26 , @Cadh20000
    Iv'e managed to unlock up to the hot tub (sharing 25 memories). There's a thread about it somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.
    Here's some info"carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=5553.0
    and:forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/456640/free-items-from-the-sims-3-store-24th-july-2014/p1
    On the second link, scroll down to "6. ACHIEVEMENT ITEMS" , those are the pics of the items.
    If you click on the items next to "5. SHOP MODE ONLY" (right above the achievement items) you should be able to download those 4 items too. :)
    Quoted from pegasas1993:
    "5. How to get stuff from the ACHIEVEMENT ITEMS category?

You must upload a certain number of memories in order to unlock that stuff.

STEP 1. 1. Unlock the grill by sharing 1 memory.

STEP 1. 2. Unlock the bookcase by sharing 5 memories.

STEP 1. 3. Unlock the computer by sharing 10 memories.

STEP 1. 4. Unlock the hot tub by sharing 25 memories.

STEP 1. 5. Unlock the woman's outfit by sharing 50 memories.

STEP 1. 6. Unlock the child's outfit by sharing 100 memories.

STEP 1. 7. Unlock the man's top by sharing 200 memories.

STEP 2. Go to your PURCHASE HISTORY in THE SIMS 3 STORE after sharing a certain number of memories and the unlocked item(s) should appear there after few moments."
    Post edited by Odonata68 on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I totally understand this. I've never played the game in Vista, but had no trouble with Windows 8.1. (note Windows 8 was an unstable system which is why that OS was ultimately replaced with 8.1.) I suspect that the tech who spoke to you, had some sort of bias (not bad), but if your new rig has gaming specs, then it should be pretty stable in your choice of OS. :)

You might want to keep in mind that Vista's EOL is next year.
    Here's the EOL charts at MS: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

I can't be bothered with more OS changes so mine are on Win10.

Best of Luck!

Post edited by SemaviLady on
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    The gift rewards for sharing memories are a pretty cool thing. But one thing to keep in mind is that once you have collected all your memory rewards, your game might stay more stable if you disable keeping memories in game configuration (after that).
    Because not only is your sim storing memories but everyone in town is too! This can make your game get sluggish if you have a slower CPU.
    (see http://nraas.wikispaces.com/TIPS+FOR+BETTER+GAME+PERFORMANCE ..search for memory on the page)
  • Options
    @Odonata68 thanks for the links. I found some cool free stuff I didn't have. I'm a little bummed though that I didn't seem to get the grill or bookcase from the first two levels of memory sharing. Hopefully I'll get the hot tub when the time comes. One can never have too many hot tubs to choose from. And a variant of the bookshelf was among the other free items in that thread, so not a total loss. Of course, I could always hound Customer Service about the missing items. *evil grin*

@SemaviLady, I've always played with memories off, since I never played online and had no use for them. But I did notice today that a townie seemed to be saving a memory. Now you mention it, so I definitely will be limiting my use of that feature. Although the actual CPU load isn't usually a problem with decent systems, is it? I have to admit though, I've been playing with all the graphics options at the bare bones since my latest reinstall a couple days ago and have not had a crash since/yet. The game is ugly as sin, but I get to play without a snag.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    edited November 2016
    @SemaviLady and @JoeJude16 I have always played without memories on because of the stability issue. I recently decided to try it so I could get the free stuff. :D
  • Options
    @JoeJude16 - Check your Store, Purchase History. Then change the "filter by" to Free Items.

It should show up, something like this--

L5WVmbR.jpg

From there you should be able to download. If it is missing, then definitely ask about it.
  • Options
    Like many others, I mostly played my game offline. In fact I'm so behind on achievement badges, that although I've had the game since 2009 and earned other badges, I got my Pizza Delivery badge in 2015! Which is nuts since my sims have ordered (or stolen) hundreds of pizzas.
    20PL0Tn.jpg

I also realized I needed memory off when I started to play online. It got too repetitive on My Page since I did many achievements with so many different sims in countless challenges. Also... Untraditional quests sometimes created a lot of strange public memories (that were hard to explain), so having memories off seemed like a good idea. -- :naughty::innocent:

Memories came out around the Generations EP. They are stored by EVERY SINGLE neighborhood sims.
    And that became a major problem...
    This gets too to be too hard on CPU for many generic machines that Simmers tend to use. So yes, shortly after memories were added, many people had crashes, lags and all sorts of issues. So it became one of the first things that people should disable when they have performance problems.
  • Options
    AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    edited November 2016
    @JoeJude16 , my desktop was Windows 7, my laptop was Windows 8.1, both have been upgraded to Windows 10. Been running Sims 3 well before and well after the upgrade.

Can't say I have noticed any stability issues to speak of that aren't a direct result of mods or too many expansions at once. I'm running patch 1.69 and usually flick Origin to offline mode on the laptop after booting it.

Both are 8gb RAM, i5 CPU with decent but not over the top NVIDIA GPUs (desktop is a 550ti, laptop is a 710m). Sims 3 DOES push the laptop a lot... the heat output is scary! :)
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited November 2016
    @JovialJoy - I loved that you used "Offline Existence". Way back when SimGuruCopeland was asking simmers what we wanted to see in our game (he had a thread), I was one of the many who requested modern farming equipment so that our sims could have working farms. Grandpa's Grove was the result. I was so excited to have the tractor. Although the Green Dragon is a great addition to any farm, I prefer the more realistic tools.

@JodJude - I am running Windows 7. I am going to add your question about Memories items on page 1 of this thread. I thought it was included but I am confusing it with my personal notes. I agree with SemaviLady and Odonata68 about the memories. I always play with memories disabled. I know that Odonata68 has already given a link. I wanted to also provide a link to Crinrict's blog Memories and the Sims 3 Store
    @Odonata68 thanks for the links. I found some cool free stuff I didn't have.
    Have you checked the many threads that list items in the store? Check out page 1 of this thread for some links especially Pegasas1993's thread Free items from the sims 3 store. The memory achievement items are included in this thread.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @JovialJoy - I loved that you used "Offline Existence". Way back when SimGuruCopeland was asking simmers what we wanted to see in our game (he had a thread), I was one of the many who requested modern farming equipment so that our sims could have working farms. Grandpa's Grove was the result. I was so excited to have the tractor. Although the Green Dragon is a great addition to any farm, I prefer the more realistic tools.

That's so cool that your input was used to create that set!

I've mostly lived in, or around, farming communities. And currently we have a garden where we produce avocados, papaya, asian squash, bitter melon, callaloo, sweet potatoes, various herbs. We have chickens and turkeys for eggs, but they're basically our pets too. <3

My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Just to chime in if you still want some memories in game there is a mod out there that allows you to pick and choose what type of memories and how many. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=446281 It has been around for quite awhile and has good reputation. I don't use it at this time, but, when I get my new puter I will be adding it. I just have all memory shut off to try and save what little is left in my puter to process the game. I would still like some memory, but, my puter can't handle it.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @Me1620 thank you for that link to Crincrit's blog. I new I had seen another page about the memory rewards, but I didn't bookmark it.
    @bekkasan Good find! I'll definitely be looking into that one. Thank you. :)

It's kinda amazing, to me, that the whole town is "living" and has memories.
  • Options
    Having a living town with story progression was such a wonderful feature of TS3 over TS2. I know it is not perfect but it was nice to have the whole town grow with your active household without having to jump back and forth between households.

@Odonata68 - Crinrict's blog and her various threads and comments are an invaluable contribution to our game. She is also very active on the Sims section of the EA forum.

@bekkasan - Hi! Good to see you. Thank goodness for modders!

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Here is the list for the current deal and the upcoming deals for the next 24 hours

472 ) Steampunk Savvy / 420 / 561 / 25% / 2 hours
    Part of: Oh My Goth! Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 732, # 194, but less than # 118)

473 ) Hewnsman Living Room Set / 419 / 1073 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 382, but less than # 406)

474 ) The Not So Routine Machine / 130 / 605 / 79% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Final Frontier Set; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set; When Worlds Collide Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 460 but same as # 796)

475 ) Tiki Living Room Set / 152 / 220 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Tiki Set; Best of 2010 Collection; Island Escape Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 257 but less than # 301)

476 ) Uber Sani-Sim Toilet / 112 / 467 / 76% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 644, # 921, # 923, # 851)

477 ) Ancient Warriors / 9 / 29 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Live, Laugh, Love; March 2013 Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

478 ) Everyday Teens Collection / 481 / 1219 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation; Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine is also included in Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 239, # 45)

479 ) Safari Living: Table Top Baobab / 11 / 27 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Safari Living Set; World Inspiration Compilation; Adventurous Life!
    Safari Living Set and Adventurous Life! are not available for CYS discount BUT World
    Inspiration Compilation
    is.

This is a 3-hour deal
    480 ) Red Dragon Loveseat / 47 / 81 / 42% / 3 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation

481 ) Snap and Sprint Shoes / 13 / 25 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

482 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom- The Royal Treatment Towel Rack / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; May 2012 Compilation Set

483 ) Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit / 264 / 600 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: I Heart The 50’s
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 521, but less than # 775)

484 ) Regency Arcade / 867 / 1683 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 542, # 494)

• Options
    Thanks again for keeping this thread active. :)
    I'm finding, more often than not, that I own everything on these lists. I'm kinda curious how much of the store I do own. I just keep purchasing without downloading/installing stuff because I want to install everything using ciane's method.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @SemaviLady Thanks, I found the grill using your tip. Still couldn't find the bookshelf, partly because that sort option includes anything that I've ever gotten from the green Download button. So it occurred to me to look for what date I received the achievement and cross reference. It was a good idea, but no love. Apparently I never did get the bookshelf. But I really don't think it is worth the hellish process that is Origin game support. The links to the other free stuff directed me to the Honeycomb Bookshelf, which is a close variant. If I don't receive the Staycation hot tub when I should then I may make a call, but for now I'm good.

I've also mostly played offline, though I don't know why, since I've always been an online kinda guy, going way back to AOL dial up. I met my ex-husband online in 1999. Once in a while I'll get the bug to actually work on badges, but I get distracted so easily.... And I only post about every tenth memory. I don't think you guys need to know every time a Sim sneezes for the first time. Although now that I know there are prizes involved, that may change for a little while.

Have I mentioned this week how sincerely thrilled I am to have found you guys? I know this is the DD thread, but we get to talk about all sorts of Simming and I've sorely missed that in my OE for so long. I was telling a new friend about the Sims the other day and her eyes just lit up. She was so excited to hear about a game with no time limit and no effort to kill the dragon within 20 minutes or anything like that. Then I mentioned the home design and decorating and I thought she was going to swoon!

Unfortunately, she doesn't have a computer at the moment, but she said at least now she knows what to look forward to when she does get one. She doesn't even have a tablet at the moment, but when she does I'll at least introduce her to Sims FreePlay. It's a fraction of the real experience, but since she's starting from nothing... In the meantime she is excited for me to share some of my experience with her. We've only been friends a couple weeks, but I told her she should come by and check it out at my place. Besides my primary monitor I also have my computer connected to my 50" TV, so sharing would be a cool experience. And I'd have a person in OE to talk Sims with again.

I'm rambling again. Oh well. That's me.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Jude, I love this kind of rambling. I hope your friend gets to have some time with the sims. If close enough to you maybe play on your machine's too; logged in as a different user/guest, her game won't affect yours. I've done this with family members since Sims 1 &2 as well. (My nephews prefer killing dragons and doing FPS ('first person shooters" -ugh not me).

I do love the DD group as well. A great community and little wandering off topic helps build cameraderie.

I'd love to lurk and participate more on TS3 projects, but my free time tends to come in irregular clumps, so I really get behind on 'what's news'.
    I'm so glad for the awesome folks that are here!

@Me1620 - I'm so glad you included the info on the 'missing stencils' in our game on the DD first page. I'm still going through it to see other things I've missed in the past year. Thank you! Thank you!

I hope EA keeps TS3 alive for another ten or more years.
  • Options
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    I'm finding, more often than not, that I own everything on these lists. I'm kinda curious how much of the store I do own. I just keep purchasing without downloading/installing stuff because I want to install everything using ciane's method.

@Odonata68 - If you don't want to download yet, you could use the Sim 3 Website Search Box method.

Use the Quick Search box located at the top of the page, just to the right of your username. Select "Store" and then enter an asterisk in the "Search" box. The items you own are labeled "Owned". Those available for purchase show the number of simpoints to buy the item. You can refine the search results on the left navigation frame to show only certain categories.

See full details on page 1 of this thread in the post "How Do I Know How Much of the Store I Own "

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top