May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show Us Your Apartments!

Comments

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    @Simalleyaile I love his apartment, the perfect sim for that flat, but how did you extend his balcony?? I didn't think we could move walls??
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    @Simalleyaile I love his apartment, the perfect sim for that flat, but how did you extend his balcony?? I didn't think we could move walls??

You can move walls and windows on the inside wall of the balcony. The actually exterior wall is uneditable. (The balcony ledge)
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    I'm loving everyone's pics!

This is the TLC apartment in the Spice District - the one with the mouses!

The grumpy looking bloke on the couch is a slob and a glutton and a geek who likes collecting, hacking and playing video games. He feels right at home in the Spice District and curry, mice and 'roaches suit him fine.
    IIVvBcq.png

I like your build, it's amazing! But I noticed it's an single story apartment with a balcony and ruined by the TLC trait. I don't know why Maxis had to ruin all the single story with a balcony apartments. Couldn't they have left us one without the Plumb trait?
  • Options
    SimLover4everSimLover4ever Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm having a great time redecorating the apartments and dealing with the little idiosyncracies. I'd love to post pics but my html skills are very rusty. I'm not even sure that, as a new member, I'd be able to anyway.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited November 2016
    @Simalleyaile

Not gonna lie, your sim reminds me of my brother Zach! He looks like him, is a huge gamer, goes to UT and lives in a small apartment, loves foreign foods....Bahaha I saw your sim and went "Good god, its my brother in a video game!"
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I'm having a great time redecorating the apartments and dealing with the little idiosyncracies. I'd love to post pics but my html skills are very rusty. I'm not even sure that, as a new member, I'd be able to anyway.

Once you are a member, you can use a site like photobucket or tinypic and simply upload the photo then copy & paste it on here. :) Lemme know if you need any help, I'd love to see your apartments.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Nevermind, gets embarrassed modlet.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Stunning! Please share more!
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

The grumpy looking bloke on the couch is a slob and a glutton and a geek who likes collecting, hacking and playing video games. He feels right at home in the Spice District and curry, mice and 'roaches suit him fine.
    IIVvBcq.png

I like your build, it's amazing! But I noticed it's an single story apartment with a balcony and ruined by the TLC trait. I don't know why Maxis had to ruin all the single story with a balcony apartments. Couldn't they have left us one without the Plumb trait?

@DragonAge_300905 There's a mod now that allows you to remove the stuff associated with the trait now- the mouse hole, electrical box and pipes- I think the bugs are tough to remove as you have to actually catch them and delete them as they spawn but they can be taken out too. So, although the trait is still locked there and can't be changed, it really causes no more problems in the flat once the negative items associated with it are gone. I can't remember the name but it was created by @Cinderellimouse, could you drop in here when you have the time and post a link to the mod for DragonAge- thanks!
  • Options

IIVvBcq.png

@DragonAge_300905 There's a mod now that allows you to remove the stuff associated with the trait now- the mouse hole, electrical box and pipes- I think the bugs are tough to remove as you have to actually catch them and delete them as they spawn but they can be taken out too. So, although the trait is still locked there and can't be changed, it really causes no more problems in the flat once the negative items associated with it are gone. I can't remember the name but it was created by @Cinderellimouse, could you drop in here when you have the time and post a link to the mod for DragonAge- thanks!

Thank you but I'm very mod illiterate. I don't use mods in any of the games I play. I tried one time in sims3 and wiped out my Windows setup. Since I don't know how to set up network drivers for my computer and have to pay my brother to fix my computer if it breaks, I don't think I'd be brave enough to use the mod.

I've had people in the fallout 4 boards tell me that mods are easier to use these days but then I read about how they mess up game saves if you don't know what you're doing. Thank you very much for the information though.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I think the mod you need is MC Command Centre. This article by Tatiana explains how to use it: http://simscommunity.info/2016/11/09/the-sims-4-city-living-how-to-get-rid-of-apartment-issues/
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    @DeKay That's a beautiful penthouse! your sims are super lucky lol! my sims are living in a very small apartment in the Spice District

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    I'm playing a ready made family and I moved them into the Jasmine apartment, they were in the one on the left but there was a constant droning noise so I moved them into the one on the right,
    11-10-16_6-11-20nbspPM_zpsplosc0w2.png
    11-10-16_6-11-39nbspPM_zpsth7jobnp.png
    11-10-16_6-11-33nbspPM_zpseoyf0r9i.png
    11-10-16_6-21-10nbspPM_zpsrju5ds7p.png
    but they still like to congregate in the kids bedroom
    11-10-16_10-42-10nbspPM_zpsmrvcdjaa.png
  • Options
    TazziannaTazzianna Posts: 141 Member
    So inspiring to come see some of your decor choices, fellow simmers. Very nicely decorated! Makes me smile and... want to go play my own game.
  • Options
    I'm loving apartments! I've done two so far... (Detail pics at my flickr HERE) Both are available at the gallery under my creator name, LadyEmperorSims.

30659062331_292f19ec48.jpg
    20 Culpepper Apartment
    by SimPenguin, on Flickr

30770009356_49a9d26d51.jpg
    17 Culpepper Mixologist Bachelor Pad
    by SimPenguin, on Flickr

I really like your decorating style - I am going to try to find you from the community upload area while in game in order to follow and download a lot or two. The decor looks so playable! Nice job!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hoping someone can delete this message I accidentally made two - lack of caffeine! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    920 Medina - Its only a little bit haunted

11-11-16_12-03-11nbspPM_zpsvub1rvwf.png

11-11-16_12-04-40nbspPM_zpsauc0bc5o.png

11-11-16_12-06-15nbspPM_zpsnjxqedgv.png
  • Options
    solvorshsolvorsh Posts: 142 Member
    Absolutely love all your apartments! Here's my newest renovation, did it for my legacy heir that just moved out. She's 2nd generation, so not a lot of money yet, but she's very ambitious and materialistic so i hope she will earn her fair share of money.

The apartment is a renovation of 910 Medina Studios in the art district, here's the gallery link if you want to download it :)

2zgvw3a.jpg

14jszo4.jpg

b3wvg7.jpg

28hhdnq.jpg
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    aktex wrote: »
    Your apartments are all very nice. Thank you for sharing.

I renovated the VIII Landgraab apartment:
    *snip*
    1111161000om0tyc43h1.png

love your renovation! Lots of great colors and design ideas.

I know a lot of people were upset about having uneditable shells but I'm really loving seeing everyones own take on each of the apartments :)
  • Options
    where is the piano keys rug ???
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,675 Member
    @DeKay That's a beautiful penthouse! your sims are super lucky lol! my sims are living in a very small apartment in the Spice District

Thank you. Well, my sims have been around for a long time so they have a lot of funds. :D
    where is the piano keys rug ???

The default swatch is a portrait-orientated yellow and white rug.
    My Top Song of the Day: Empty by The Click Five
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @aktex how do I find your lovely renovation? I love it and want to download it
    Post edited by Tazzianna on
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 596 Member
    Gorgeous. Every. Single. Picture. So creative and vibrant!