Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Chapter 2: Prepare for the Worst of ATW S3 is out! Emerson meets his grandma and learns some things he really didn't want to know.
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited November 2016
    Oh, guys, have you ever had thousands of plans and story ideas but like zero time to write? And if so, how do you deal with it? :lol:

(edit because grammar)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Hey guys, I made a little "announcement" on my D2D thread, and thought I'd share it here too :) I will just quote my other post so I don't have to type it again :tongue:
    Hello everyone!

Believe it or not, in a couple weeks (on the 24th) it will be the one-year anniversary of the day I published the final chapter of Dust to Dust! :open_mouth:

To celebrate, I am inviting anyone who would like to to participate to join in a "read-a-thon", as @OJenn put it ;) Basically, if you'd like to re-read the story, you are more than welcome to do so, as well as take part in some discussion here in my thread, if you'd like!

I'm going to try to bring back my reflection posts in honor of this anniversary, and plan on re-reading myself as well :)

Thank you again to anyone and everyone who has read and supported this story :heart:

snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited November 2016
    never mind.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Oh, guys, have you ever had thousands of plans and story ideas but like zero time to write? And if so, how do you deal with it? :lol:

(edit because grammar)

Oh, this happens to me so much! At present, the way I'm handling it is realizing that a) I will get a chance to work on my stories at some point, b) it's OK to start a new project if doing so releases some of the creative pressure that builds when that new project just wants to get out there, and c) deciding when I have a bit of time for my creative projects which I feel like working on, rather than feeling like I need to work on them all at once.

Also, fortunately, I current have a few projects that are really benefiting from germination, so I'm able to let the ideas slowly sprout in the mulch...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member

I rather have problems with procrastination. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    never mind.

Oh, man! This was a great question, and I was looking forward to answering it!

Here are my answers anyway:

1) Talk about it! Sometimes, conversations about ideas and issues that are important can really help get others to see the importance.
    2) Write about it! That's what I did during AAWeek, and it really felt great to me! It helped me to feel settled. Also, I'll often stick bits and pieces into my story to help draw attention to issues I feel are important.

Those are my two main ways.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    never mind.

1) Talk about it! Sometimes, conversations about ideas and issues that are important can really help get others to see the importance.
    2) Write about it! That's what I did during AAWeek, and it really felt great to me! It helped me to feel settled. Also, I'll often stick bits and pieces into my story to help draw attention to issues I feel are important.

actually i was talking about the political career ayden had to promote something. but i was trying not to post that because i made a update out of it.
  • Options
    never mind.

actually i was talking about the political career ayden had to promote something. but i was trying not to post that because i made a update out of it.

LOL! Oh! Well, did he try any of the techniques that I use?

• Options
    I'm so excited to share this week's reading for Book Club! It is funny. Be warned. It's deadly funny. I almost died last week. But I didn't! Good thing, too, because I lived to take part in this week's Coffee Hour on Friday! (Yeah... crystal ball... )

CURRENT READING - Feasts for November!
    Nov. 7 - 13: @Virtualee 's Dining Drama with Coffee Hour Host @Jes2G

READING FOR THE WEEK OF NOV. 14
    Nov. 14 - 20: @Simslover163 's Restaurant Extravaganza

Hope you join us for lots of fun this week!

And next week is every #fangirl and #fanboy's dream! :)

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm so excited to share this week's reading for Book Club! It is funny. Be warned. It's deadly funny. I almost died last week. But I didn't! Good thing, too, because I lived to take part in this week's Coffee Hour on Friday! (Yeah... crystal ball... )

fan girl and fan boys dream wich story is that?
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    edited November 2016

That should be my Restaurant Extravaganza series! :) It's a fan boy and fan girl's dream because a lot of our Simselves and favorite SimLit characters are featured.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options

That should be my Restaurant Extravaganza series! :) It's a fan boy and fan girl's dream because a lot of our Simselves and favorite SimLit characters are featured.

thats awesome. i'm trying to get through my reading list but theres more stories than i can count so its going slow.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I keep accidentally making accounts on mainstream social media to the extent that I'm afraid I'm turning into a stereotypical teenager :s
    My twitter handle is Pegasus143143- share yours so I can follow you!
  • Options

You and I live together, Sis! With @mastressalita and Ms. Magna Carta!

• Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    I keep accidentally making accounts on mainstream social media to the extent that I'm afraid I'm turning into a stereotypical teenager :s

Mine is same as here...

• Options
    i gave brandon the soulmate aspiration to make getting a mate easier . but hes a typical teen boy. his hobbies are eating and sleeping so its not going well.
  • Options

my reading goal is to get caught up on shift by march.
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member

Mine is the same here
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited November 2016

Welcome to the darkside :D
    mine is _dreamsinpixels

Edit: OH I just realized you already followed me. haha. <3
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options

Seriously? That's awesome! It's pretty short. It's possible that it'll be finished by March. In fact, I think it will maybe be finished by January. It'll probably only have a total of 34 chapters, pretty short piece.

• Options

Seriously? That's awesome! It's pretty short. It's possible that it'll be finished by March. In fact, I think it will maybe be finished by January. It'll probably only have a total of 34 chapters, pretty short piece.

i also read that its your book club piece. so might try hosting. which is why i said march.
  • Options

i also read that its your book club piece. so might try hosting. which is why i said march.

Oh, that would be awesome! Yeah, that should be a fun Book Club theme, since we'll be reading runaway teen and orphan stories! If you know any more, please nominate them! And it would be so awesome for you to be Coffee Hour Host for that story! :)

• Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited November 2016
    Good timezones, everyone! Does anyone feel nervous about It previous chapter in a story? Like "oh, what if people find the first chapters really bad, and don't read the recent ones to see that the write has change?" Oddly specific, but yeah... :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top