Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Hype!

Comments

• Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm excited for Tuesday. I have to tie up a few loose ends with my family over the weekend and they'll be ready for the move to San Myshuno. Can't wait!
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Gotta admit lot traits from todays patch have peaked my interest again for the grungy traits in CL.

Yeah, I do not mind the grungy trait.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    HonestlyBenjaminHonestlyBenjamin Posts: 381 Member
    @Esine
    2nd one I say
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Gotta admit lot traits from todays patch have peaked my interest again for the grungy traits in CL.

Yeah, I do not mind the grungy trait.

Some of the cheaper houses in WC will be getting leaky pipes and pests for sure. Maybe a ghost and gremlins, too.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Oh and ghosts for the Goth's house. B)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Oh and ghosts for the Goth's house. B)

Yeeeesss!!!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I hope you enjoy it, OP! The city is pretty, but I wanted grunge and a more urban, sort of EP with more chaos, more dirt, pollution, natural disasters, more vermin (everywhere) steam coming up from manholes, (sewer vents), dark and gloomy sky, smog, low end paying jobs, nightshifts, bigger, better aspirations like aspiring to be get out of the grunge, more disappointing environmental responses, not pretty graffiti but grimey, dirty, newspapers blowing around. Not saying that is urban life but it is in my world where Sims are having at tuff time overcoming their surroundings and their fate. I want a darker game, but it's not going to happen in TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    FLIRTYINPINKFLIRTYINPINK Posts: 109 Member
    I want to pre-order this but I think it's too expensive.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I'm just going to be stalking everyone's picture threads, and videos as I'm financially unable to buy it. :(. I'm super excited though, I can't wait to hear what players think about it; and get to see some game play. Definitely want to try the new careers out and being able to "work from home", is something I'm interested in along with the new table and gallery board that we can use to sell stuff. Pretty excited for those. Eep! Can't believe it's almost here.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I hope you enjoy it, OP! The city is pretty, but I wanted grunge and a more urban, sort of EP with more chaos, more dirt, pollution, natural disasters, more vermin (everywhere) steam coming up from manholes, (sewer vents), dark and gloomy sky, smog, low end paying jobs, nightshifts, bigger, better aspirations like aspiring to be get out of the grunge, more disappointing environmental responses, not pretty graffiti but grimey, dirty, newspapers blowing around. Not saying that is urban life but it is in my world where Sims are having at tuff time overcoming their surroundings and their fate. I want a darker game, but it's not going to happen in TS4.

Maybe there will be a game pack with something a little bit on the grunge/deviant-side. I would also be happy to see it but don't really expect it. At least the lot-traits are a promising start, a way of letting things get a little bit bad for those of use who want to.
  • Options
    CozySimCozySim Posts: 25 New Member
    I can't wait for City Living! I think I'm most excited about the new careers and the ability to work from home.
  • Options
    phanisixx777phanisixx777 Posts: 38 Member
    you aint the only one!
  • Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    I think I will be bored within a week.

Me too, I am afraid of this... I preorded, but I have an eerie feeling it will be a week and I will be over it.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    SimChickee wrote: »

Me too, I am afraid of this... I preorded, but I have an eerie feeling it will be a week and I will be over it.

Then just cancel the pre order and get your money back.
  • Options
    Big_Boy_Bmw760LiBig_Boy_Bmw760Li Posts: 93 Member
    When is it coming out? Couldn't find a date.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

lol know the feeling @SimChickee There's quite a few things I'm looking forward to but I keep thinking that the complexity most probably just won't be there. Fingers crossed CL surprises us eh!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Should go with your gut feeling. Don't waste 40 bucks. ;)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I'll at some point, perhaps next year, get CL once some more appealing things have been released. I was so hyped when CL was announced, but in the past I've always been hyped for new content and then become easily bored within a couple of days and focus on other games for "new" content to be released. I think that's my problem this go around in TS4. I didn't care what it was... it was just about... something new and different to add to the game. In my Sims 1, 2 and even 3 days... I played and wasn't into building. This go around, I'm definitely a builder since there's a huge lack of game play. It's sad, for me anyway, that I'm more into stuff packs than expansions.

With CL I feel confined... claustrophobic, trying to scream and break free. When we were asking for apartments in the future before CL was announced my biggest fear that apartments would work like TS3 I didn't realize that my worst nightmare would actually come true. Now that I think on it... apartments in TS3 seem better than the cookie cutter shells CL is coming with. TS4, is visually beautiful. But once you take away the visual eye candy what's left? And I, too, was once a HUGE Sims 4 fan. I was always defending the game telling others to try and give it a chance or not play it at all. I've stopped for the moment flipping between Sims 2 and Sims 3, waiting on November 9th when I start playing Planet Coaster- so psyched!

There are pros and cons to CL. The new singing skill is a pro. Basketball is a pro. And more space for more households is a pro. But besides those three pros the others just come down to cons. And I truly hope those who are excited do have a lot of fun with the new upcoming expansion.

I was excited about elevators and hoping to bring elevators into other builds, but learned that it's just eye candy. It's non-functional. It's not animated. It's a spawn point. You click it for means of traveling to other areas on the map which take you to a loading screen. That's where I get the feeling of being claustrophobic, considering we can't alter external walls of apartments. The city is stunning, but it's just one massive animated backdrop. And then there's the markets/festivals. Basically selling stuff that's already in the game... it's recycled content from Get to Work. New active careers... again, recycled content. Basketball is just an athletic skill... it would have been interesting if the athletic non-active career consisted of basketball... but we can't always get what we want. At least we have a sport game play object. And singing is only useful for karaoke, rather than giving us an active entertainer career where our sim could have been a Pop artist. I'd rather have active careers that were exciting rather than just make Simoleons. And penthouses. Basically, just a residential lot on top of a non-functional skyscraper with an animated backdrop.

Again, I do hope those who pre-ordered or are planning on buying on November 1st/3rd have a lot of fun with CL. CL will be the first pack out of all previous stuff, game, and expansion packs that's been released that I'm not buying for the time being. Maybe once the pack is priced at $30.00USD I'll buy. It just isn't worth $40.00USD IMO. Just tired of having high expectations and then those expectations I had high hopes for being crushed.
  • Options

lol know the feeling @SimChickee There's quite a few things I'm looking forward to but I keep thinking that the complexity most probably just won't be there. Fingers crossed CL surprises us eh!

I got confused and thought it was coming out at 12 last night haha, but it's 12 tonight. :P Funny thing is my hubby asked me before I placed the order if I'll play it and I basically just told him sadly it may end up being like usual, I'll play for about a week and then go back to the older one. He was like okay and ordered it. :P

Should go with your gut feeling. Don't waste 40 bucks. ;)

It's my hubbys money so I don't mind so much haha. It may give me about a week of game time until I get bored of course. :P

• Options
    CozySim wrote: »
    I can't wait for City Living! I think I'm most excited about the new careers and the ability to work from home.

Really looking forward to the new careers as well. It will be nice to get a few more to choose from and I like that they have two branches that you can chose between.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    If anyone needs more info to buy. LGR has reviewed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9omkhY9DpU
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I've developed a nervous twitch waiting for this game. My patience is running out. I'm watching all the reviews and going a little bit, nay- a lot, crazy.
  • Options

Hmm.... haven't had time to see it but didn't figure that LGR would feature in a Hype-thread? I am still looking for a reviewer who really fits me, someone who is mainly happy but needs a little bit more deviant and supernatural stuff. Have seen one or two vids by LGR but he doesn't suit me.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Hmm.... haven't had time to see it but didn't figure that LGR would feature in a Hype-thread? I am still looking for a reviewer who really fits me, someone who is mainly happy but needs a little bit more deviant and supernatural stuff. Have seen one or two vids by LGR but he doesn't suit me.

Maybe to see if what someone is hyped about can really be done? Maybe to see if something someone is hyped about is better than they thought. I don't know. Take your pick.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    lovejess2 wrote: »

Then just cancel the pre order and get your money back.

It was my hubbies money hahha so it's all on him if its no good