Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Hype!

I'm super excited for City Living. Since I loved Apartment Life for TS2 and Late Night for TS3, this pack is right up my alley. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I think I will be bored within a week.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    is "not getting it" the right answer? :I
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I think I will be bored within a week.

Lol!!

I'm pretty excited. I loved GT & DO but I was somewhat bored after a few hours of play. I downloaded the kids and patio stuff pack and played for literally 20 min before shutting it off. I haven't had a chance to play since (my game crashed.) Similarly I loved Nightlife for TS3 (don't much remember the TS2 counterpart) and probably played it for days on end without ever being bored but I was much younger then so that could be a factor.

I think this EP will add a lot to the game! I'm looking forward to it but I do t have unrealistic expectations of it holding my attention like past versions has.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I am very excited for the first of the month. I am almost done preparing my San Myshuno save. I just finished my Willow Creek Museum revamp. I added a three story glass wing in the shape of a Y for new art work in the new EP.
  • Options
    Well that didn't take long at all for the usuals to come in and dump all over another clearly positive thread. :|

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it too, OP. :) *high five*

I didn't "dump" I just answered the OP's question honestly. :)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    I'm pretty excited. There seems to be a lot of things to do in this pack!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am really looking forward to to it :smile: have a new sim just waiting for trying out the new world. Usually take new things in bits and pieces so first thing is just living in the smallest, filthiest apartment and letting my sim try to get out of it.

Whee!!! Only a few days left :smiley:
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Yeah every day I think to myself "I'm one step closer to Thursday release". I'm so stocked I think this pack looks amazing and I haven't been this hyped since Sims 3 seasons. So far I haven't played Sims 4 for over a month as a traditional preparation for DLC (I started this around ambitions).
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited October 2016
    I can't decide between these four apartment buildings.

TS4_858_EP03_WEBMAP_UPTOWN_SPIRE_EXTERIOR_001.jpg
    TS4_858_EP03_WEBMAP_FASHION_ZEN_VIEW_EXTERIOR_001.jpg
    TS4_858_EP03_WEBMAP_FASHION_21_CHIC_ST_EXTERIOR_01_001.jpg
    TS4_858_EP03_WEBMAP_UPTOWN_LANDGRAB_EXTERIOR_01_001.jpg

I'm hoping one of these have high ceilings & enough room for an indoor basketball court plus sauna.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm excited!!
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I'm really hyped for this EP too :)
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Looking forward to it. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'm really excited ! I have a lot of young adults who just aged up and are looking for a new place of their own, apartments are right on point !
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    I'm excited for the new content. If I'm being honest though, I'm doubtful, like others have said, how long it will keep my attention!

That said - I am excited to play it. Have my legacy sim ready and waiting to move into the Spice district starting with nothing, and rising to the top! Excited to explore street selling and I will definately have a blast designing penthouses to.

A little side note on Penthouses - does anyone else feel like they look a little odd on top of those buildings? For me personally I'll probably build the outside to match the building it's on. Deligracys build was fantastic, but for me it looked kind of odd on top of there! Anyone else feel like this?

Can't wait for 2nd Nov 11pm for me! xoxo :) Have a happy day!
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    I'm looking forward to it.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    If you love apartment life from TS2 you will hate this EP or at least be disappointed in it.
    It is nothing like apartment life.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    It looks nice but it has cracks and sooner or later some folks will be asking to have CL in other areas as well. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I think, CL will be a great addition to my game. Outdoor Retreat and SPA Day were my favourite expansions so far, I also like two previous EPs. But I still don't have a proper place for my sims to live in. Apartments in Spice District seem to be that perfect place. I had doubts at first but now I can't wait for CL, so I'm on the hype train!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I've watched over a dozen previews.
    I am bummed about several things, but overall and I am still looking forward to it.
    I have a lot of ideas I want to try out
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I've watched over a dozen previews.
    I am bummed about several things, but overall and I am still looking forward to it.
    I have a lot of ideas I want to try out

Yeah, ditto
    I think what really got to me was the apartments only available in SM. I loved newcrest and was hoping to add some units there. But I still think the pack looks really good especially the new world and festivals.
  • Options
    I think I must be the only simmer who isn't bothered about not being able to build apartments. :# ducks for cover. (Don't get me wrong though, I fully understand why that is a major blow for many and support your reasoning.) My biggest concern is simply how long with the new game play will keep me entertained. I simply feel that for an Ep there is just not enough.

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I think I must be the only simmer who isn't bothered about not being able to build apartments. :# ducks for cover. (Don't get me wrong though, I fully understand why that is a major blow for many and support your reasoning.) My biggest concern is simply how long with the new game play will keep me entertained. I simply feel that for an Ep there is just not enough.

No, you're not. People got shot down for saying it so stopped saying it. I'm not bothered either. It is a big deal for those who wanted it. Personally, not a builder though. I use the styled rooms a lot and build from there.

I would have loved to discuss the whole neighbourhood in a shell and the multi-layered lots for festivals but I rather sense I'd be shot down for either so haven't. I won't either.

• Options
    Hmm, interesting. We're sort of going off topic for this thread but I guess its about acknowledging each other's losses, you know? I lost alien abduction rates when they were retuned, builders lost apartments. It's about timing too. If I've just discovered that my longed for feature has just been nerfed or not added that is not the best time to discuss the benefits of not having that feature.

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'm looking forward to getting my paws on it and working out how I can make it my own thing. I've got a lot of ideas and plans. Of course there are a couple of things that I would have liked to work in slightly different ways, but nothing is ever perfect and I'm hopeful for those things in the future. I've been hoping for a city (those backdrops have been teasing me) and I've been hoping for apartments. I wanted basketball, and selling things in a market, and graffiti, and more crummy low-end content, so this pack ticks a lot of boxes for me. :)