Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏑 Cath's Creations 🏑

Comments

• Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

What wonderful and beautiful Spooky houses! Your lots always amaze me.
    I admire the creativity you show in all those intelligent details <3
  • Options
    MiliksimMiliksim Posts: 150 Member
    Cool spooky builds! Cath, you are so great with all the details. Your landscaping and clutter - just wow!
    Spellbound is amazing - love the designing, garden, interior, - ok, everything :D
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Thank you for your awesome comments, sweet Rose :blush:<3

Thank you for the very kind comments @AIRIS6962 :smile:

Thank you for your wonderful comments @Miliksim :smiley: Very sweet of you :blush:
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Spellbound is such a perfectly designed and detailed build perfect for Halloween, absolutely beautiful landscaping, I am in total awe :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Spellbound!! So much fun....around every corner. Great layout....LOVE the roof lines....adorable Ms Cathβ™₯β™₯
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    Thank you for your wonderfully generous comment @masajo :)

Thank you so much @BreeMiles :smiley:

Thank you @Cassee :blush: I really had fun with this one, once I figured out how to do the roofs. :smile:
  • Options
    NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    I very much enjoyed your Witchgrass and Spellbound homes! Was that a tiny grim reaper gnome apparation in the fireplace or was I dreaming? There's skeletons in the pond! You have really captured the fairytale atmosphere in the builds and the homes look magical inside and out! If it was fairytale's witch living in there the protagonist might miss sinister things like skeletons on the outside (Witchgrass). I enjoyed seeing all the little details like the gnome riding the flamingo, the queen and her carriage and the plush toys on the beds (Spellbound). I like that one is the home of evil witch with sinister details, and the other home is that of a good witch or fairy! It reminds me how in The Sims 2 you could choose to be good or evil witch :)
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Your halloween builds look beautiful, Cath! Spellbound is a work of art, absolutely perfect! The unique roofs, the landscaping, just WOW! <3
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Cath Spellbound is a gorgeous creation , it looks like it is straight out of a fairy tale this higglety pigglety house is so very charming and as with all your builds the detail is amazing. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    WitchGrass & SpellBound are absolutely stunning! I know I already faved but couldn't remember if I wrote anything since I fave so many builds daily lol. Any way just wanted to say Gorgeous gorgous gorgeous!
  • Options
    Thank you for your wonderful comments, @Nellythekidd! It was so lovely of you to notice all the little details, like the gnomes and kids toys in the back. :blush:<3 Both those builds were really a Lot of Fun to do. I hope we do get some fairies, witches and/or other supernatural things for this game in the future. :blush:

So Lovely to see you again @vethesims! Thank you for the very kind comments and for the nom on Spellbound. :blush: So very Sweet of you! :smile:<3

@follyfoot, Thank you for the Lovely comments, Folly :blush:<3 Love that phrase, "higglety pigglety"! Every time I read it, I get a chuckle out of it, but it really is the Perfect description for those roofs, lol. :p Once I figured out how to get them the way I wanted, it was a Total Blast, to build that home. :blush: Hope all is well and you're continuing to stay healthy. No more illness for you, after that last bout! Take care, Folly :blush: Hugs, <3<3

So nice to see you @MeaganJo! <3 Thank you for the awesome comments :blush: Both those homes were really a lot of fun to create. :blush:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! <3 I am so impressed with your Halloween builds dear Cath! Simply delightful in a spooky way! Will be adding to my favourites when I get the chance to open the game. Not much time for visiting the forums or playing sims these days. Hope you are doing well. <3
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited October 2016
    Can I live in spellbound in real life? It's amazing!!! From the exterior, roofing, landscaping, and interior! Awww it's just amazing <3
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    @yanti68, Oh it's So Lovely to see you, Yanti! Thank you for your Awesome comments and I hope you find some "You" time, really soon... Looking forward to a nice, new Yanti creation! :blush:<3

@lisa17ann, Aww Thank you so much, Lisa! :relaxed: Such a Sweet compliment! :blush:<3
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited October 2016
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Spellbound is a gorgeous witch' cottage! :smiley:
    I really love your architecture, again, so creative and looking very charming! I also like that little diagonal here. The greenery is so cool and wonderful roofing design too! Your landscaping is so pretty! Very beautiful gardens and I really like the foggy swamp. The backyard is just as adorable, even the kid's yard too! And your interior, so gorgeous! Gorgeous interior design and lovely color scheme. I love the girls' bedroom with a voodoo doll on beds.
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

Also, congratulations on your Witchgrass being faved by Maxis! :smiley: I guess that they picked the day version instead of night one, lol! :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    @rosemow, Thank you so much, Rose! We were away for the weekend and it was such a nice surprise to come back to. :blush:<3

@RyeCris16, Thank you for your wonderful comments, congrats and fave, Rye :relaxed:<3 Once again, I'm going to say how disappointed I am that the terrain paint is disappearing... I really, really hope they get this fixed soon...
  • Options
    Metro Retro 4br, 3ba.
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Cost: $306,756
    No CC

Gallery Link

This is my first penthouse for the new City Living pack. I wanted to make it match the existing building as much as possible, so I stayed with the color scheme. I designed this home for a group of friends or roommates. It has four bedrooms and sleeps up to eight sims. There are two bedrooms for guys and two for ladies. The interiors are open concept and have an industrial look. The main floor has kitchen, dining, living room, study and dance floor with dj booth and bar. There are two bathrooms on this floor. Upstairs there's a small music area, home gym, the four bedrooms and a game room. Only one bath on this floor. The top floor is mainly an entrance to the overhanging pool and lounge area, for great views.

The bathrooms and some additional bedroom shots are not shown. If you'd like to check these out, you can view the slideshow, instead. :blush:

Some exterior pics first:

11-10-16_8-29-18nbspAM_zpslfdrqnkt.png

11-09-16_3-07-08nbspPM_zpsp8kmismh.png

11-09-16_3-10-26nbspPM_zpsqmtba9ev.png

11-09-16_8-06-13nbspAM_zpshqhagr6v.png

Roof view and floor plans:

11-10-16_8-27-32nbspAM_zpsorcqod9k.png

11-10-16_8-28-12nbspAM_zpstc2pezy1.png

11-10-16_8-28-24nbspAM_zpswsyajpew.png

The outdoor areas:

11-09-16_3-14-10nbspPM_zpsypezld3l.png

11-09-16_3-15-01nbspPM_zps6vka5ftj.png

11-09-16_3-14-43nbspPM_zpsf7icbqz5.png

Top floor with overhanging pool:

11-09-16_3-13-10nbspPM_zpskhdi1udl.png

11-09-16_3-13-23nbspPM_zpsv6w9it68.png

Heading inside:

11-09-16_8-07-40nbspAM_zpso8q43psh.png

11-09-16_8-09-36nbspAM_zpsavcganm0.png

11-09-16_8-08-04nbspAM_zpsxs8fkdxz.png

11-09-16_8-08-23nbspAM_zps8yanrrp3.png

11-09-16_8-09-02nbspAM_zpsj4tv27hm.png

The upper floor:

11-09-16_8-11-38nbspAM_zps8x5wh4io.png

11-09-16_8-13-41nbspAM_zpswyvrw64j.png

11-09-16_8-15-47nbspAM_zpspxodtx89.png

11-09-16_8-16-37nbspAM_zpsn13wmkgw.png

11-09-16_8-19-00nbspAM_zpsjykiwxin.png

11-09-16_8-19-43nbspAM_zpsqmpfhpp8.png

The game room, just past the bedrooms:

11-09-16_8-18-26nbspAM_zpsbph1kxdq.png

11-09-16_8-18-34nbspAM_zpssruvwjtu.png

And that's it! Thank you for taking a look. Hope you enjoyed it!

Goodnight!

11-09-16_8-28-46nbspAM_zps7suao5o2.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Metro Retro is such a very nice penthouse ! :) Very nice exterior of the home! It complements well with the rest of the building. The angled roofing looks very nice! The windows look very nice how they are placed in the bulld. Very nice outdoors areas! The overhanging pool looks very great! Very nice nook area for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools using the bubble blower. Nice hot tub corner nook for sims to relax in the tub. The outdoors living and dining area is so very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas having a chat and watching tv , or enjoy eating a meal at the table whilst looking out at the views! It is nice that there is a bar there for sims to enjoy having a drink whilst sitting there. Sims will enjoy growing plants there. The water fountain is a nice touch there. Very nice upper floor outdoors patio level! Sims will enjoy relaxing poolside on the loungers in the sunshine or enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The green plants look very nice placed either sides of the fireplace. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The brick texture of the interior and exterior walls gives a great Industrial feel and look to the home. Very nice windows sitting nook for sims to enjoy resting there in the armchsirs reading a book with sunshine coming in onto them through the windows. The angled corner study desk nook is great! Sims will enjoy using the computer there. The pattrned floor rug is a nice touch there. It looks nice how you have created the dining table. Very nice design of the kitchen! The teapots shelves, hanging plans , wall knives and olive oil bottles look very nice how they are placed on the kitchen walls, It is great that there are double stoves. The island workbench is great for sims to use when preparing meals. The living room area is very nice! It looks nice how the sofas are in a u shape. Sims will enjoy relaxing there watching tv and having a drink from the bar. The bar and drinks shelves nook looks nice. They will have fun dancing to the music from the DJ booth also! The upper floor areas look great! Very nice windows music corner nook! Sims will enjoy playing the instruments there on the sunshine. The sports and gym alcove is great! Sims will enjoy playing basket ball or using the fitness equipment to keep fit. They will have such great views through the upper level windows! The games room is very nice! Sims will have fun playing foosball or the llama table top game, then enjoy having a drink from the bar. Nice windows nook for sims to enjoy painting on the easel. The furnishing of the bedrooms look very nice! Very nice colour schemes. It looks very nice how one of the bedrooms is sports themed. The sports themed wall items and trophies look great how they are placed in the room! The armchairs look great at the foot of the bed. The wall pictures look very nice how they are placed on the bedhead wall in the green bedroom . The bookshelves look nice how they are placed on the side wall in the bedroom with the street art on the bedhead wall.
    The penthouse is very nice to live in when in the City! :)
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Wow, Metro Retro is a stunning build, so very unique and stylish :) Absolutely love the balcony with the pool, awesomely beautiful, looks the perfect place to relax :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    edited November 2016
    So beautiful, Ms Cathβ™₯β™₯β™₯β™₯ LOVE the green/blue bedroom. It's perfect.

Oh, I soooooo love those industrial lights....first thing I used from EP.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Awesome build! The architecture of the penthouse fits the rest of the building perfectly, and great use of the new City Living items. :smiley:
  • Options
    @rosemow, Thank you so very much for taking such a thorough look and leaving such lovely comments, Rose! :)<3 You are Very much appreciated, my friend <3 On a side note Rose, I really miss your Room Challenges... :( I really hope you decide to try them again sometime. I know for a fact, I'll be first in line. :blush:<3

@masajo, Thank you so much, Masajo! It's always a pleasure to read your gracious comments. :smile:<3

@Cassee, Hello there You! What have you been up to lately? I miss seeing your work over here... I just Know, you've been building with all our new goodies. B) I hope to see something from you soon! Thank you for your awesome comments, Cass! They mean so much to me :blush:<3

@StSciurus, Thank you for the wonderfully kind comments! Did you get the new pack? If so, how are you liking all our new goodies? There are so many cool new things, I'm just Loving it! :smiley:<3