Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Vintage Townhomes is so very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the building and each of the apartment homes! The texture of the exterior looks very nice! The outdoors front yard areas look so very pretty with the flowers, plants, birdhouse and bird bath! The flowers in the vases look nice either sides of the front steps. The table nook with the teaset is a very nice touch. The spider web on the fencing is a nice touch. Sims will enjoy feeding the birds using the bird feeder. The greenery look great on the exterior walll and the planter box windows look very nice. It is a very pretty townhomrs build . Very nice furnishing of each of the apartments! The pink and white colour scheme of the left hand side apartment looks so pretty! The wall pattern looks so nice. Very nice bedroom! The pink flowers look pretty on the side table , and sims will enjoy waking up to sunshine coming in through the bedhead windows. Very nice layout of the middle apartment. It is nice that it is set up for a family to live there. The green and white colour scheme of the living, dining and kitchen areas looks very nice. Very nice bedrooms! The sofa seat sitting alcove in the master bedroom is nice for sims to enjoy resting there watching tv and reading a book. The animal wall pictures and dinosaur in the kids bedroom look cute! Nice corner study desk nook for them to enjoy sitting at the desk and doing homework or reading a book. The brown colour scheme of the third apartment gives a very nice rich look to the home. The wall paneling looks very nice. Very nice layout and furnishing of the basement level! The gym, pool and yoga areas look very nice! Sims will enjoy using the fitness equipment to keep fit, and enjoy restfully doing yoga on the mat. The candles, zen decor, wall picture and plants, create a calming setting for doing yoga. Kids will have fun sitting on the armchairs watching programs on the penguin tv in the playroom! The bookcases look nice placed either sides of the tv. The kids will enjoy reading books there, doing artwork on the activity table or have fun playing with the dollhouse. Very nice bar and games room! Sims will have fun playing chess darts and the llama tabletop game there, and aftrwards having a drink from the bar. Thegrandfather clock is a homely touch.
    The build is very nice! :)
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Absolutely love Vintage Townhomes, such a unique and wonderfully designed creation :) The exteriors look so very interesting with all the different textures complimenting each other and I love the little front gardens, so beautiful :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Gorgeous, Ms Cath♥♥♥ They are perfect...LOVE the modern one in the middle.

I think we will have to use the premade apartments on the top of the skyscrapers kinda like Late Night from Sims 3. Hoping we won't have to, but all the screenshots I've seen point toward this....will all the negativity on the forums right now, I'm just happy we are FINALLY getting some new content... I've decided to just upload to Gallery with no pics here on the forums. Too much work for a game that is slowly disappointing me....BUT you keep building..I love seeing your builds.

Toodles
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    I'm finally back to comment here, these modelling comps got a mess of drama lately so I decided to focus more on the gallery again :D

OMG, THIS BUILD IS GENIUS <3<3<3<3<3 I really love the idea of these combined houses in honour of City Living :D I already was excited about this EP, but now I'm even more, thanks to your amazing build Cath *opens the game and adds Build to the Favourites* :mrgreen:
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    All your newest builds are beautiful like always but I'm straight up in love with briarwood and wish it was my real life home! <3
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited September 2016
    Vintage Townhomes is so gorgeous! :smiley:
    I really love the architecture, very vintage as the title suggested! Love that suburban feel and wonderful roofing work too! I like that second empire feel at the middle. Your landscaping is so pretty! Love the birdhouses you placed. Very beautiful gardens! Love that overgrown feel at the right side. And your interior, so wonderful! Love the soft color scheme at the left side, the modern feel in the middle, and the dark color scheme at the right side! The kids' bedroom in the middle unit is so adorable! The basement is so cool! Love the playroom at the right side.
    I really love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

And yes, I'm so excited for the EP too! Although, you may not like these negatives because you can't build apartments from scratch, only the shell ones from San Myshuno, which is a bummer to builders like us. Another bummer is elevators work only for penthouses and apartments, and not on other lots. :\

But I'm still buying the EP just only for cool build/buy items, especially Moroccan ones and more modern stuffs. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Well, those are really cute Cath. Gave you a fav dear.
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @rosemow- Thank you for your lovely comments, Rose! :smile:<3

@masajo- Thank you for the sweet comments, Masajo! They were really fun to build. :blush:<3

@Cassee- Thank you so much, Cass! I think I like the middle one best too. :smile: And yeah.... I watched the trailer and saw what we're in for.... Too bad we couldn't have gotten a couple of lots where we could build our own version of apartments...
    I hope you change your mind about adding pics to your thread. I will Really Miss, not seeing your work. :pensive: I understand about the rooms. I don't put everything I build or design onto this thread, just the larger builds. I really hope you continue to show us the new homes you build but for now, I will have to make sure I get over to your catalog page on the gallery to see what you've been up too. I hope the new ep brings some excitement back to the game for you, Cass. :blush:<3

@YJB19299- Nice to see you! Thank you for your wonderful comments :smiley:<3 I hope we get tons of new content with the new ep. :wink:

@lisa17ann- Thank you Lisa! I had SO much fun building that little cottage. :blush:<3 I just kept adding more and more stuff to the exterior, lol :lol:

@RyeCris16- It's always so Lovely to hear from you Rye! Thank you for the very lovely comments! :blush:<3 I totally agree with you about being disappointed in not being able to build our own apartments BUT I too am So looking forward to a new world with Tons of new stuff (hopefully)! :smiley:<3

@BreeMiles- Thank you for the sweet comments, Bree! :blush:<3
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oh WOW! 2 lovely builds! <3 My favourite is Briarwood though! Loving the fairytale charm of the build. Gorgeous architecture and landscaping! Inside everything looks so cosy. Love it! The town house is full of character and very authentic! It is a shame that we cannot build our own apartments in City Living. :'( I think all builders were looking forward to that. Great job Cath! Will be adding both of them to my favourites. <3<3
  • Options
    Thank you for your lovely comments, @yanti :smiley: It is kind of a let down that we won't be able to build our own apartments... At least we can build a penthouse. :/ Our sims better hurry up and start earning some extra simoleons, if they have hopes of getting into one of those penthouses :p
  • Options
    Something Wicked... 4br, 5ba.
    Lot Size: 40x30
    Cost: $641,925
    No CC

Gallery Link

This home is a DNA Request for @kmaria. The request was for a Gothic Victorian and included house plans and floor plans, which are always helpful :smile: Here is a pic of the plans:

HDA100-FR-PE-BL-LG_zpszx9fg6ak.gif

I tried to stay as close as I could, to both the exterior plans and the floor plans. I did include an extra bathroom because there was room for each bedroom to be an en suite. The yard has a lot of overgrowth, a swampy fishing hole that is also swim-able, a couple of freshly dug graves, an overgrown and neglected swimming pool and a small garden with perfect quality death flowers, dragon fruit and mushrooms.

The main floor has a large eat-in kitchen, pantry, formal dining room, living room, study and the master en suite. Upstairs there are three en suite bedrooms for the kids. One for boys, girls and a nursery with bed. There is also a pretty good sized playroom on this floor. The basement is a labyrinth of creepiness. I will not show everything there is down there....It's a secret :* I will however show the cauldron room, as it was specifically requested. So, shall we begin our tour?

Some outside pictures of the house and roof view/floor plans excluding the basement, first:

09-29-16_9-32-06nbspPM_zpsqzi2ltem.png

09-29-16_9-15-51nbspPM_zpsr35gcfp7.png

09-29-16_9-18-09nbspPM_zps0felsps8.png

10-01-16_9-50-51nbspAM_zpsdrrbflvg.png

09-29-16_9-11-42nbspPM_zpsg4qhzlva.png

09-29-16_9-11-56nbspPM_zpstymr6x10.png

A little tour of the grounds, starting on the right hand side of the yard:

09-29-16_9-23-40nbspPM_zpseznpqyec.png

09-29-16_9-23-58nbspPM_zpspbfbjney.png

09-29-16_9-26-10nbspPM_zpsc74a5wwv.png

09-29-16_9-27-04nbspPM_zpsjpg7w1bq.png

09-29-16_9-27-27nbspPM_zpsvouazqnt.png

09-29-16_9-29-31nbspPM_zpspthzjtmo.png

And now, let's head inside:

09-29-16_8-30-26nbspPM_zpskoxop8eb.png

09-29-16_8-31-27nbspPM_zpso1zf06xw.png

09-29-16_8-32-27nbspPM_zps2xkwnbel.png

09-29-16_8-43-29nbspPM_zpspxuaa2ey.png

09-29-16_8-43-18nbspPM_zpsokoi3wkf.png

09-29-16_8-45-26nbspPM_zps7kb2xsaf.png

09-29-16_8-46-53nbspPM_zpszp7iy5ba.png

Upstairs are all the kids bedrooms and the playroom:

09-29-16_8-53-10nbspPM_zpsd1m21air.png

09-29-16_8-59-22nbspPM_zpsshsrgxjr.png

09-29-16_8-54-15nbspPM_zpsushghr36.png

09-29-16_8-57-23nbspPM_zps4p6fd3op.png

09-29-16_8-57-11nbspPM_zpstoywaqsz.png

Just a sneak peek at a couple of the dark hallways in the basement and couple of the cauldron room:

09-29-16_9-01-10nbspPM_zpsdnuepfit.png

09-29-16_9-01-27nbspPM_zpsfxazyhro.png

09-29-16_9-03-24nbspPM_zpssqrj0ugz.png

09-29-16_9-03-45nbspPM_zpslmqdfwts.png

And that concludes the tour. Thank you for taking a look :smile:

If you'd like to see a few more pics, you can check out the slideshow here.

Goodnight and Pleasant Dreams....Mwahahaha... :naughty:

09-26-16_10-25-28nbspAM_zpsiqoz20cm.png
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    O M G! It's perfection! I like be everything about. I was just thinking of using that name for a Halloween build too! Lol beat me to it! :D
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    Thank you so much, @lisa17ann! We must be on the same wavelength, lol :p
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

It's beautiful Cath. Just perfect timing for Halloween too. Well done :smiley:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Something Wicked looks very great! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The roofing looks so very, very great! Very nice outdooors areas! The type of plants used and the placement of them looks very great and suits the type of home very well! The graveyard area looks great! Very nice swampy fishing and swimmable pond ! The gnomes look great through the outdoors areas! The harvestable garden area is very nice. It is great that death flowers, mushrooms and dragon fruit are growing there. Sims will enjoy playing chess outdoors in the air near the swamp pond. Very nice folly sitting nook for sims to rest outdoors in the shade. The statues are a nice touch in the build. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The Knights in the foyer, and the shield and portraits on the staircase wall look great! Very nice living room fireplace sitting area! Sims will enjoy resting there in front of the fire chatting and listening to the piano music being played.. The teaset on the coffee table and curtained portrait on the wall look nice there. The candles through the areas of the home add a great look and feel to the rooms. Very nice kitchen and dining room! The flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to see when eating their meals at the table. The kitchen cabinets look very nice how they are placed on the kitchen walls and the island workbench and bar stool counter looks great! The teapots are great touches on the counter table top. The formal dining room is very nice! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst eating their meals. The type and placement of the black curtains look very nice in the room. Very nice study room! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer, or enjoy resting on the armchairs in front of the fire, reading a book. Very nice furnishing of each of the bedrooms! The colour schemes of the bedrooms look very nice, and the wall patterns add a great look and feel to the rooms! Very pretty pink and purple colour scheme of the girls bedroom! The pink unicorn is cute! The playroom looks so great! The ghost wall pattern is a nice touch. Sims will have fun playing chess, perforning in the puppet theatre, watching tv programs on the penguin tv, and playing with the doll house. They will enjoy painting on the easel also and reading a book. The cauldron room looks great!
    It is a great home for Halloween! It reflects the original inspiration home so very well! :)
  • Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    What a fantastic spooky build Cath. Deliciously dark and foreboding but very liveable at the same time, lots of imagination in this one. I bet it was lots of fun to create. Must bring it in and wander about very soon :o
  • Options
    linsleyklinsleyk Posts: 39 Member
    AWESOME
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

<3:o<3:o I love the house, the roofing is awesome, the landscaping and that teens room <3
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited October 2016
    What a fabulous Gothic revival house! Every detail is perfect! :smiley:
    Edit: Love the kids' rooms! The teenage boys room is spot on!
  • Options
    kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    @WrathofCath again I am dying looking at these pics! Oh my goodnessss. You've done such a spectacular job! Downloading this the second I get home today!! I can't wait to pour over all the details haha. I'm going to have to keep sneaking peaks at these at work today B)

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    @soocoolsim Thank you! :)

@rosemow Thank you for your lovely comments, Rose! :blush:<3

@BreeMiles Thank you so much :smiley:

@Glenkarri Thank you, Vicki! It really was a LOT of fun to build. I love trying to make the grounds look all creepy and overgrown for a change :blush:

Thank you @linsleyk! :smile:

Thank you for your sweet comment @emere :blush:

Thank you for your awesome comment @StSciurus :smiley:

@kmaria, again you've made me smile! I'm so very happy that you like it, Thank you! :blush:
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Something Wicked is one of the most spectacular spooky homes I have ever seen, it's absolutely incredible, awesome work! You have designed and built this to perfection, I love everything about this magical creation :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Oh Ms Cath...it's spooktacular!! LOVE the skeleton heads in the 'pond'....made me giggle. Inside is exquisitely creeeeeepy♥♥♥♥
    Gave me goosebumps....THANK YOU!! Fun..Fun..Fun. Gonna go play in this one :)
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @WrathofCath I love "Something wicked"! The garden is amazing, and the interior fits the theme so well. My favourite part is the pool/pond. Looks spooky.