May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Luna's City Living Giveaway! (2 Copies!!) And the winners are..

Comments

• Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    LunaNova wrote: »
    @kinot9229 How sad! I hate to think of growing apart from my sister. Hopefully a bit of distance will help mend the realationship!

I'm sorry if this story makes you feel sad.
    I don't mean it. :s
    I used to think they are happy normal brothers.
    When I switched to their household, I was shocked by the things I saw.
    But I'm sure they will find out a way to get along with each other. :)
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Not finished making my entry yet, but I have a question: will the winners be picked at random, or specifically?
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    LunaNova wrote: »
    @hotkaki Your English was good! thats a very touching story, its never to late to start a new chapter, no matter how old you are!

Thank you a lot for complimenting my story and my English :# I'm working on getting better at it.
  • Options
    aobaob Posts: 904 Member
    Will it be in the form of a disk or code?
    8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    aob wrote: »

Im assuming it will be in the form of a code, a disk wouldn't get to everyone on release date, but I could be wrong, you know what they say about assuming, lol :)
  • Options
    MissusGerbitMissusGerbit Posts: 124 Member
    edited October 2016
    Ernst_Family.jpg

Meet the Ernst family!

The reason why all of them are in this picture, is because it's their family goal to move into San Myshuno.It all started with Noël Ernst -top right corner-. He grew up in Windenburg enjoying the picturesque environment and living it up at the local party scene. Although he enjoyed his life, he always wanted more. Crazier people, new challenges and a different lifestyle all together.

Well, he definitely got thát when he met Derrick-top left corner-. This hunky Space Ranger, brought Noël the excitement he wanted (getting abducted by aliens among others) and changed his lifestyle a 180 degrees. Just not the way he was expecting. Noël became pregnant of gorgeous twins; Isha -right bottom corner- and Oth -left bottom corner-. The family lifestyle is completely new to both Noël and Derrick but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy it to the fullest. Both children are the perfect mix between both dads. Isha is creative as Noël, but tidy as Derrick and Oth is as smart as Derrick, but as inventive and curious as Noël. The four of them try to make the best out of life by completing as many aspirations as they can, but there's one tiny thing still nagging in the back of they heads; the city lifestyle Noël always dreamed off.

At the moment Noël is an Elder and there's a great chance he won't make it till San Myshuno this November. But that doesn't mean his dreams die there... perhaps his children can move into one of the appartments down town San Myshuno and carry on their father's legacy.

10/04 Edit: grammar

10/17 Edit: new update on the family found [here]
    Post edited by MissusGerbit on
    signature.png
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    Not finished making my entry yet, but I have a question: will the winners be picked at random, or specifically?

i am guessing randomly @Purrdalecki
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    @LunaNova Hey Nova you wanna see my picture of the Bigger Bling? The picture shows which it is similar to the Big Bling from The Sims 3 Late Night!
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    aob wrote: »

Code as anybody from any country can have a chance to win if they enter!

Sorry if i've been a bit quiet i've been super busy at work this week!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    @LunaNova No worries! I hope you that when things slow down at work you can come home and relax while reading all interesting stories on here!
    signature.png
  • Options
    aobaob Posts: 904 Member
    2qmg042.jpg

This is my entry: The Rios Family! From left to right: Noor Rios (mom), Lance Rios (dad) and Aafia Rios (daughter!) They first lived in Newcrest because it had great hospitals for Aafia, who has breast cancer and lost her hair in chemotherapy. But Noor's dream is to become the mayor of San Myshuno, but she was afraid the public would not like her because of her religion. Lance and Aafia convinced her that everything would be ok, and they should move to pursue her dream! Noor is currently campaigning and she is down 5 points, but she is still working hard and believing that she will win! Secretly, Noor thinks she is down 5 points because of her husband's gloomy demeanor.

Soooooooo this is my family! I really hope I win the giveaway, as I will not be able to purchase the EP otherwise :disappointed:

Thanks so much!
    8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh
  • Options
    oliwiazoliwiaz Posts: 253 Member
    Be prepared for a long post... :smiley:

Meet Allison and Samuel Fernandes, an elderly couple from Windenburg:

154x8hl.png
    2hr0r48.png

They were always happy together in their small little cottage but Allison always longed for children, ever since they got married over 30 years ago. Unfortunately, they're unable to have kids because of an accident that Allison had when she was younger which resulted in her not being to have children. Their own siblings were already parents - and even grandparents! Most days, Allison would sit in front of the fire thinking about what her life would be like if she didn't have that accident. What would her children look like? Would she be a good mother? Would she have grandchildren by now? Samuel worked on his crops most days so Allison was left alone and sad in their cottage all day:

2d9qqgp.png

Finally one day Allison and Samuel discussed adopting as they heard that the local adoption centre in Windenburg was doing badly - more and more children were coming in daily and barely anyone seemed interested in adopting. They decided to go in one day and adopt a child. And they did. A beautiful 11 year old girl called Bella.

Years past and the Fernandes family was happy, happy, happy. Bella was now a young adult and showed a real passion for art and painting. She was extremely talented and constantly painted:

2hdd6pu.png
    210c8d0.png

However like Allison, Bella also had things that she wished she could have. Allison wanted children. Bella wanted to move to San Myshuno.

San Myshuno.

What a name for a city! It sounded amazing! It was nothing that Bella was used to. It had absolutely magnificent art galleries that she longed to visit. Constantly, the name of that city was on TV. Everyone seemed so happy and the town seemed so vibrant and diverse. She tried to speak to her parents about potentially moving:

2uqby2r.png

Sadly, both of them refused. Allison was horrified at the idea of her daughter moving cities and Samuel didn't even want to listen, he needed his daughter to help with his crops. This left Bella feeling sad. She felt as if her life was being wasted. She didn't want to settle down and live in Windenburg. She wanted to be free, create art and visit art galleries. She constantly asked and asked but got the same response - no. Allison felt guilty for forcing her daughter to stay in Windenburg - if Bella wasn't happy then it would hurt even more making her stay here and seeing her unhappy face everyday. She spoke to Samuel and after some negotiating he agreed to the idea. Bella was ecstatic! Finally, she'll be able to see those modern art galleries that she often sees on the covers of art magazines and on art-related TV programmes. She packed all her things in a couple of days and was ready to go. Of course she was sad, she was going to miss her parents and her parents were going to miss her but she promised to visit and call often. Then it was time for her to drive to San Myshuno:

10zzrk4.png

Maybe one day, her pictures will be on the walls of art galleries in San Myshuno for others to admire and adore...

2en3k8n.png

Thank you so much for hosting this giveaway and good luck to everyone participating.

City Living reminds me so much of my favourite expansion pack from the Sims 2 - Apartment Life. The apartment aspect seems so similar but better at the same time, I can't wait until my favourite YouTubers start playing it!
    rbjwwn.jpg
  • Options
    GhettoxRainbowsGhettoxRainbows Posts: 847 Member
    edited October 2016
    I had a problem posting before but I figured it out now :)Im so happy a friend told me about this post! Thank you for hosting a giveaway and I hope you enjoy my story and characters. Good luck everyone!

Here we go

Eden grew up in Devon, England. The same town that generations of her family had grown up in, all of whom embarked in successful careers. Her grandmother was a successful writer, and when Eden was a child she would illustrate images for her Grandmas stories. It was then, her family realised how much of an artistic prodigy she was. Her father, Ivan, is a detective and when Eden grew a little older she begged him to let her go to work with him where she would sit in safety and work at her dream at becoming a sketch artist for the police force.
    Eden Levin.
    5613d5c848d62bf91c89e0a55e4b4427.jpg

At least that was her dream until-
    High school art club, in strolls Ray Varner. Bad boy exterior, softie at heart, and an incredible street artist. Total stick it to the man sort of guy. The two were made for each other and clicked instantly.
    Ray Varner.
    facc88aadfe5946af0b1a7633074153e.jpg

Ray has been estranged from his family and often talked about wanting to move to a whole new city where the atmosphere was loud and busy and full of culture.
    "Somewhere like London?" Eden asked
    "London. That's perfect." Ray responds, with a sparkle in his eye.
    He wanted to create anonymous art and have it spread like wildfire all over social media.
    Eden slowly started leaving her fathers shadow and started being vocal with ray about how she would love to open her own art studio one day.
    They would talk all through the night to the wee hours of the morning about a future as notorious artists together after they’re done with high school.
    de5885b8279d9db7cd135b40b2acf8a9.jpg

Childish pipe dream? Or start of a whole new life?
    We’re all hoping for the latter!
    a6fcd3a516b28b02cf10c4658c0580fb.jpg
    -Emelia-
    Post edited by GhettoxRainbows on
    CSI Miami let's go to the beach!
  • Options
    sa1azsa1az Posts: 47 Member

Thank you guys for giving us this chance. before i write my story i would like to note you that the majority of my story is a video clip that i upload in youtube month a go and not just screenshots so i hope it is permissible in this Competition to use video in my story. and i want to take the chance to wish a good luck for all the Competitors.
    ــــــــــــــــــ((lets start))ــــــــــ

do.php?img=1166222

This is (Ahmad) and he's about to wake up and take the shock that's going to change his whole life because he can't take it anymore. Ahmad had everything that people want.(( love, happiness , money, friends)) and the most important thing a boyfriend who always support him and make the life easier for him. but as the saying goes (( nothing stay for ever )), that's what happen to this poor guy.

do.php?img=1166283

This is ((Raed)) and he is about to shoot ((Ahmad)) his boy friend .
    i know it sound weird and creepy . but in fact that happened after months of pressure on Raed which eventually drove him crazy so he really want to finish the torment.

Raed was in fight with his self all the time , he spent so many nights crying under his blanket and so many hours watching him self in the mirror, slapping his face over and over.

All this tragedy happened when Ahmad decided to go to the park and take some fresh air with his boyfriend as they do usually in weekends. But unfortunately , this time they decided to visit a new park to change the routine . in the park there was a building related to Non-profit association call ((with out love)) and its about encouraging people to bee free from love because they believe the love is a waste of time and reduce the productivity of society. and they believe the people should spend their time reading books and live for the science only. they don't even have time to shave their beards !!!!!

Raed got curios to see what they have and how they could live like that. so he decided to visit the building with Ahmad . when they arrive they saw the administrator of the association . he give them a little information about what they planning for and how they can affect the world in positive way.

Ahmad got angry about administrator thoughts so he left the place . but Raed did the opposite thing . day after day he got attached to their ideas and he started to saw Ahmad as something useless and cause harm but at the same time he thought Ahmad doesn't deserve this kind of treatment after all he did for him .

this dilemma put Raed in severe mental disorder so he finished.

the video will tell you more about it ..

https://youtu.be/P6mA5PNvk-U

but wait !!!!!

its not what you thinking ...

do.php?img=1166448

At the last moment Raed decided to suicide and end this situation without involving Ahmad.

Ahmad suffered from depression for long time because Raed meant everything to Ahmad and he lost him. but, as i said before (( nothing stay for ever )) . so one day when Ahmad came back home after visiting Raed's grave, remembering the good days, he saw his lover in the dream.

do.php?img=1166460

he talked to Ahmad and told him how much he is guilty and the life is more than just being creative and genius . Also , he told Ahmad he want a second chance and he can have it if Ahmed help him.

do.php?img=1166464

Raed guided his boyfriend to a book at the Library talks about recipes to bring people back to life and if Ahmad stick with what the book said . he could bring Raed again ! . without hesitation, Ahmad did everything . it was a hard time for him with all the stuff he needed to take from different places.
    he also saved a lot of money to buy analyzing lab .

do.php?img=1166465

fortunately , All his work paid off and he finally brought Raed to life . Ahmad almost lost his mind because from happiness when he saw Raed comes out from grave.

TS4_x64_24_12_37_02_02_23_494.jpgfree upload

they stay on bed for hours flirting , kissing and chating until they fall in sleep together. but what the Ahmad doesn't know is Raed was pretending sleep.After Raed made sure Ahmad is sleeping he went out seeking revenge.

TS4_x64_24_12_37_03_08_48_589.jpgscreenshot software

After Raed shot the administrator he went to police station and told the officer everything.

the second video will tell you more about it ..

https://youtu.be/bT4ClAMDauk

Raed got sentenced to death and burn his body with the book so no one can bring people from death anymore. the story made it to the first pages and people around the town talk about it. Ahmad got uncomfortable with all the journalists and cameras so he decided to leave his home and start new life in a city call San Myshuno

so is he going to travel away from this horrible memory or will he suffer forever ???

the decision is yours !!!!

do.php?img=1166659

*My apologies for the bad English.

rbjwwn.jpg
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    d1794ddee6.jpg
    Chai (left) and Dani (Right) are two sisters who have been studying abroad.
    Chai is a photography major while Dani is an environmentalist, so the two can naturally be found working together on several projects with Chai always tagging along to look after her baby sister.

They are hoping after their studies to travel to Taiwan and do their first big project of protecting the endangered species of Baisha. The sisters were born in Taipei, and listened to the stories of exotic cryptids that their grand parents would tell them every night at dinner time. Dani would sit enthralled and listen to every word that her grandfather told her. That led Dani to wonder how she could protect these creatures. Every year there was new construction encroaching on the homes of animals, what if these unknown creatures were endangered? Would there someday not be anymore of them to inspire legends that will be passed down to future children? She decided to become and environmentalist in the hopes that one day she could protect all cryptids.

Chai learned more from her grandmother, who would sketch the beauty of nature. She would sit with her in the late evenings and watch her work late into the night on pictures that she would never hang around the house. While she never understood it then, she understood the importance of capturing the beauty you see in your life in some way. She saved her allowance for two years to buy a decent camera. From that day forward every time she found something that made her pause to appreciate it, she would capture it with a photo. As she became better with her camera she understood why her grandmother never hung her pictures. It was a moment from her memory, a moment that was special to her that she enjoyed just for herself. Chai grew to also almost never hang her photos unless there was another person present at that moment because to her, those moments belong to only her.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I didn't create my sim in CAS, she is born in game as a part of the 10th generation in my legacy family line.

45QPAoO.png

Her name is Eirin, and she is a teenager at the moment. But as soon as she turns into a young adult, she wants move to San Myshuno to get her dream job. She is a nerd and neat, and her dream is to become a professional gamer and social media personality. She is actually a bit shy, but has her close circle of friends and her sweet boyfriend Magnus who all support her dream.

QB85oah.png
    71b2W4V.png
    T0Hsa1i.png

She grew up in a wealthy family together with two brothers. One of them is Bendik, her alien brother (result of abduction) and best friend who will be moving with her. He never wears a disguise, his parents have always taught him to be proud of who he is.

b6wm4sb.png

Moving from the large family home in Willow Creek to a small apartment in the city will be quite a change for them, but they're determined to do what it takes to achieve their career goals. And if she does well in the social media career, wins lots of tournaments at GeekCon and gets many followers on her live streams and videos, Eirin's ultimate dream is to buy a penthouse in the Fashion District and start her own life there.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited October 2016
    10-13-16_11-05-46nbspPM_zpsyhzhbkfq.png

Meet Wren Epperson. She came to Earth just over a year ago, but things didn’t go quite they she had thought they would. She spent the first few months sleeping on park benches and eating the leftover hot dogs and hamburgers she relied on other people to leave behind. In that time, she managed to befriend two of those people and when they learned of her situation, they offered to let her move in with them.

Wren was never able to hold a job for more than a month, two if she was lucky. She soon learned that the people of Newcrest did not look kindly on extraterrestrials. She kept her identity a secret for as long as she could, but word eventually spread, and for her own safety, she was forced to leave. Her only friends, the couple who took her in, gave her some money to get her started and a backpack full of clothes and a few essentials, but Wren was on her own again. She moved one town over and made its park her home. One day, she was reading the local newspaper when she saw an ad for an apartment in a place called San Myshuno. The address listed was not far from her current residence. The only problem? She couldn’t afford the rent (even though it seemed like a pretty run down place). She spent the next few months working as hard as she could to save up. She worked all summer and by the time the leaves started to change, she finally had enough. She packed up what little she had to her name and set off for a new start in the city of San Myshuno.

10-13-16_10-49-37nbspPM_zpshagomkf4.png
    Wren when she still lived in the park. She found a pair of leggings while dumpster diving one day and wears them all the time now because they remind her of home.

Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    edited October 2016
    Oh wow, thank you very much for this giveaway !

Let me present you Rodrigue Passant.

He is a man who has a lot of social difficulties. He is hot headed and it brings him a lot of problems. Half asian and american, he always felt different from everyone else. His mother, who was Korean left his father when he was a little child. His father didn't accept it and became alcoholic. He grew up with a violent father. They didn't have a great relationship and when he had 18, he left the house without telling his father. After some errance. He finaly put his bags in Newcrest. He really love this city. Almost empty, with a few people, he can be alone most of the time. His neighbour is a really cute woman, France Chevalier. He find her really nice, but he is also hesitant because of his short temper. Only time will help him.
    11_10_2016_20_28_04.png
    15_10_2016_20_08_53.png
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    Such great entries!!! Keep them coming, it's almost time.... :):):)
  • Options
    Update on the Ernst Family

Both dads are in their Elderly lifestage at the moment. Rumor goes that Noël only has a few more days before he has to leave his family behind.
    So it was wonderful for all involved that they still got to celebrate the twins' birthday together. They threw a small party in the backyard to celebrate the twins going into their teenage years. For both (but especially Isha) this started off with some drastic, rebelious fashion choices. Fortunately their parents were able to talk some sense into them and help them with their full makeover...

Birthday_party.jpg
    signature.png
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Woah I can't belive its already the 18th of October!! Things are finally quietening down for me so i'll be replying to the new entries and any questions ASAP I haven't had a day off (not even the weekend!) in the last 11 days and i'll be going for the rest of the week! Can't wait to start reading some stories!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Thank you so much for hosting this giveaway!!
    sKotrj3.png
    z1MDsEa.jpg

Meet Claudia DiBenedetto! She's a fashionista and comes from the city of Milan, Italy, one of the fashion capitals of the world. She dreamed of moving into San Myshuno, where she plans to visit the Fashion District and show off her latest threads. While being focused on her job as a fashion model, she's on a mission to find her true love!

Claudia's planning to move to San Myshuno with two of her fellow fashionistas, Emilia Williamson (from Sydney, Australia), and Celia Jørgensen (from Copenhagen, Denmark). Together, those three will rock the fashion district!
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    OMG all the sims! Good luck to everyone!!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    iballisticbunny6iballisticbunny6 Posts: 87 Member
    edited October 2016
    This is Eden and Angel Watt. Ever since their parents died life's been tough for them. Angel was 4 at the time and Eden was 14. Since then 5 years have past and they have been making a life for themselves in their family home in Windenburg. Eden dropped out of school to get a part-time job and take up painting as a hobby. She has gotten quite well at it and her sister wants to follow in her footsteps. One day Angel saw a commercial on TV about opportunities in San Myshuno. She immediately ran to get her sister and show her the commercial. When Eden saw the commercial something sparked in her that Angel had not seen for a long time. Hope, her sister had hope and that's all that it took to get her life on the road.
    ee0087cd9eadb235f0ec89456fadb0fa.jpg4a0248b56f2fdcf893070810f132ee4e.jpg
    This is Eden Watt. She has the soulmate aspiration, the dance machine trait, the family oriented trait, and the art lover trait. Since her parents passed away life has been hard raising little Angel. When she moves to San Myshuno she hopes to meet the man of her dreams and start a family of her own.
    dde737f84c23335dabd2331172214720.png
    This is Angel Watt. Like her sister she wants to be an artist/fashionista. She has the artistic prodigy aspiration and a custom fashionista trait. Since her parents died she has noticed that her sister has become majorly depressed over the years. In the commercial that she saw, she saw many people and she also saw a ton of very interesting opportunities for art in the city. She knows that her sister is really looking for someone special to help lighten the load with her since she can be a bit of a handful sometimes. Angel can't wait to move to San Myshuno!
    bed61f68d00821106431be2fa2e3b80f.png

• Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    athena.thesims.com/v1/images/0/0x0000104f/8D1B55F8-EFAB-11E5-85E7-178B980A5788/00.jpg
    Meet 11-Year Old Nolan Robinson. Nolan is a homeless kid who hangs around his grandmother, Crystal Robinson, who liked to give him bits of money in exchange for his flowers(Which are picked from her garden). He lost his father due to stress, his father would always abuse his mother due to his own money problems. After they moved to Newcrest his father suffered a severe heart attack after one of his many nightly beatings. His mother soon fell in great depression for the man she loved, despite all the abuse and problems, was dead. She never wanted things to end badly and always saw the bright side, though once he died she could not move on. They were forced to move to Willow Creek with his grandmother. Though, his mother would not sleep, eat, or do anything to move on from her depression. Weeks later she died of hunger leaving Nolan with his Grandmother and without any parents. However, while in the Willow Creek Free Clinic his mother left him her necklace before she died. This necklace was passed down many generations and although worth money, she never sold it due to the value it had in their family. He holds onto his mother's necklace every second of the day, but manages to lose it every once in a while. He is always in a happy mood despite deeply being injured inside. After the funeral for his mother, his grandmother started taking pills and it wasn't long into she fell ill and her dementia grew. He chose not to live with his grandmother anymore in fear of being another problem on her plate, but always visits when she is in the right mind. It was not long until he realized he wanted to do a bit more in his young life. During one of many of his grandmothers rambling he heard her speak about a aunt he never knew about. She lived in the city and has a few kids of her own. He saw this as a chance to find his mom's sister and finally have a family again. He took what money his grandmother gave him for the flowers and waited until she fell asleep. He left an apologetic note near her night stand next to a picture of him and his mother hoping his grandmother would not be angry with him, but instead understand him. He looked in his grandmother's phone book and saw the address leading into San Myshuno's Spice District. There was a picture clipped to the page, it was of his grandmother and her two daughters in front of an old apartment, he knew it was the first clue. He stashed the picture into his pocket and tore the paper out. Setting out in the night he caught the bus heading straight to San Myshuno and straight to his new life.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top