Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Luna's City Living Giveaway! (2 Copies!!) And the winners are..

Comments

• Options
    dancergirlcbdancergirlcb Posts: 96 Member
    nyvgh1.jpg16202ud.jpg
    This is Jessica Gold. She is a huge lover of art (level 10) and even has a little art gallery. She became an artist because she was inspired by her mom's passion for cooking. She has always loved art and has been drawing ever since she hopped out of the bassinet! First, she had her little pink drawing table and then her pink painting easel she got for her birthday when she was a teen. Jessica was able to express her emotions and get away from the chaos of children in her house (it's a long story) by painting. When she heard about San Myshuno she just knew she had to go there to fulfill her artistic dreams! She could set up on the streets, sell her paintings, and make her name known! She wouldn't mind doing some beautiful murals, also! She is finally a young adult so she can move on her own and it's her biggest dream to go there (to San Myshuno). Jessica is also a very social sim who wants to have many friends. She knows that San Myshuno is full of a lot of potential friends! It is also a great place for her to be a party animal! She hopes to find the one in the new city and eventually settle down and have a family...emphasis on the eventually of course. San Myshuno has so much to offer and Jessica can't wait to see what adventures it will bring!

*Thank you so much for doing this giveaway and giving people the opportunity to win the new expansion pack!
  • Options
    sa1azsa1az Posts: 47 Member
    @LunaNova
    Thanks for you compliment ♡ . I hope a happy patch day for you all guys and thank you again for the giveaway=)
    rbjwwn.jpg
  • Options
    KittybitKittybit Posts: 97 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hello! I just spotted this a couple of days ago, and have been working frantically on it ever after so that I wouldn't miss the deadline and a chance to get this exp! Thank you @LunaNova and @bandcampsquirrel for this opportunity.

image.png
    Ever since she was a child, little Talia had always been amazed by fashion. The pretty ladies, and handsome men
    in nice clothing; the sparkling flash from cameras on the runway, and the touch of fine fabric in the stores that
    her mother used to take her to.

image.png
    While other little girls were dreaming about being a princess and getting married to a handsome prince,
    Talia was dreaming about being the one who made the princess’ clothing. She didn’t need a prince – she just
    needed a sowing machine, she thought!

image.png
    Her mother, however, had watched her daughter from a distance, figuring that she would grow out of what she
    considered a ‘nonsense’ dream, and expected Talia to fall into the long family tradition; to get married, settle down,
    and have children. Even more so, to continue to bring pride to the family name.

image.png
    Even at eighteen, Talia was so busy with her designing and sketching that she thought little of her love life,
    or rather lack thereof. Day in and day out would she sit by her desk; drawing up sketches while dreaming about fashion.

image.png
    So, she was puzzled when her mother and father one day called for her after the doorbell had chimed a
    late Sunday afternoon.

image.png
    In the living room she saw her parents, as well as a young man she thought she had seen before. Talia perked a brow while
    looking to her mother, then father, expecting an explanation to his presence.

image.png
    “Take a seat, dear…”

Talia wrinkled her nose. She knew the tone in her mother’s voice; while the tone was sweet as sugar, she knew
    something unpleasant would follow.

But she sat down.

image.png
    The man in the chair flashed her a confident smile, and she awkwardly smiled back at him. She cleared her throat
    because she figured she should say -something- but failed to find her words.

“So,” her father started, “This is Kyle Roberts, as I am sure you know...”

image.png
    Kyle Roberts... Hm. Where had she heard the name?

Then it dawned on her. In between the fashion articles and magazines that she had read, she had seen his name
    here and there. If she remembered correctly, he was somehow involved in the city’s politics and tried to get
    elected for... something. She almost snickered to herself but was interrupted by her father’s voice.

How much had she missed?

image.png
    “.. looking for an appropriate young lady by his side and his father, and myself, believe you two will be a wonderful pairing.”

Talia winced. A pairing? Wasn’t that terrible old fashioned? And no.

Just no.

image.png
    She looked at Kyle. He couldn’t possible think this was a good idea?

“I know this must sound a bit crazy, Ms. Wallac- “

“Talia, please. No need to be formal”

“..Talia. I think that it might be worth a shot, though? I mean, you don’t have to worry about getting a job or
    making money. You can do your little drawings. I heard it’s a hobby of yours, yes?”

image.png
    A hobby? Talia snorted.

“Excuse me, but I don’t wish to stay at home. I don’t want to clean, and cook and raise children. How awfully 50’s of you!”

“You don’t have to cook, we could hir-“

image.png
    Talia stood up. Clearly he had missed the train – and while she knew she was raised better than that, she turned
    on her heel and left the room.

Pairing.. as if she was nothing but a pedigree dog.

image.png
    Ten minutes later, her mother stormed into her room.

“Are you out of your mind, Talia?! Do you know how wealthy his family is? How great our reputation would be?
    You would become someone important next to him.”

“I don’t care, Mom.”

image.png
    She looked at Talia as if she was perhaps one of Strangetown’s very own aliens. “You don’t... care.” Her mother’s
    voice trailed off, but only for a moment.

“I don't want to hear it. You are going to do as father and I have decided. No ifs or buts. It is time to grow up,
    to stop doodling in your room and think of your future!”

Her mother left Talia to herself.

image.png
    A single sob could be heard as she threw herself on her bed. She didn’t want to be ‘paired’ with Kyle Roberts,
    she didn’t want to stop ‘doodling’… in fact, she didn’t want to give up on any of her dreams.

image.png
    It was still early in the morning when she stood on the train station. In her hand was a ticket to San Myshun.
    Talia had left everything at home other than a handful of Simoleons and a ticket to the big city. She had no idea
    what awaited her, all she knew was that she would not become Mrs. Roberts, the faithful wife.

image.png
    No, Talia had dreams – and she knew the answer to them would be among the hustle and bustle of San Myshun.
    The very thought of it made a smile creep onto her lips despite the butterflies that whirled around inside her stomach.

She would make her mother proud, if not in the way that her mother had planned for her.

I realized while creating Talia and writing her story, that I want to continue her story after this. I'm pretty fond of her by now, so I'll make my first apartment story about Talia whenever I do get the exp. Thanks again for the giveaway contest and good luck everyone! <3

Sorry for any typo/grammar issues. English isn't my first language.
    Post edited by Kittybit on
    banner.png
  • Options
    iballisticbunny6iballisticbunny6 Posts: 87 Member
    Kittybit wrote: »
    Hello! I just spotted this a couple of days ago, and have been working frantically on it ever after so that I wouldn't miss the deadline and a chance to get this exp! Thank you @LunaNova and @bandcampsquirrel for this opportunity. I put mine in spoiler coding so that it wouldn't look super spammy in your thread.
    image.png
    Ever since she was a child, little Talia had always been amazed by fashion. The pretty ladies, and handsome men
    in nice clothing; the sparkling flash from cameras on the runway, and the touch of fine fabric in the stories that
    her mother used to take her to.

image.png
    While other little girls were dreaming about being a princess and getting married to a handsome prince,
    Talia was dreaming about being the one who made the princess’ clothing. She didn’t need a prince – she just
    needed a sowing machine, she thought!

image.png
    Her mother, however, had watched her daughter from a distance, figuring that she would grow out of what she
    considered a ‘nonsense’ dream, and expected Talia to fall into the long family tradition; to get married, settle down,
    and have children. Even more so, to continue to bring pride to the family name.

image.png
    Even at eighteen, Talia was so busy with her designing and sketching that she thought little of her love life,
    or rather lack thereof. Day in and day out would she sit by her desk; drawing up sketches while dreaming about fashion.

image.png
    So, she was puzzled when her mother and father one day called for her after the doorbell had chimed a
    late Sunday afternoon.

image.png
    In the living room she saw her parents, as well as a young man she thought she had seen before. Talia perked a brow while
    looking to her mother, then father, expecting an explanation to his presence.

image.png
    “Take a seat, dear…”

Talia wrinkled her nose. She knew the tone in her mother’s voice; while the tone was sweet as sugar, she knew
    something unpleasant would follow.

But she sat down.

image.png
    The man on the couch flashed her a confident smile, and she awkwardly smiled back at him. She cleared her throat
    because she figured she should say -something- but failed to find her words.

“So,” her father started, “This is Kyle Roberts, as I am sure you know...”

image.png
    Kyle Roberts... Hm. Where had she heard the name?

Then it dawned on her. In between the fashion articles and magazines that she had read, she had seen his name
    here and there. If she remembered correctly, he was somehow involved in the city’s politics and tried to get
    elected for... something. She almost snickered to herself but was interrupted by her father’s voice.

How much had she missed?

image.png
    “.. looking for an appropriate young lady by his side and his father, and myself, believe you two will be a wonderful pairing.”

Talia winced. A pairing? Wasn’t that terrible old fashioned? And no.

Just no.

image.png
    She looked at Kyle. He couldn’t possible think this was a good idea?

“I know this must sound a bit crazy, Ms. Wallac- “

“Talia, please. No need to be formal”

“..Talia. I think that it might be worth a shot, though? I mean, you don’t have to worry about getting a job or
    making money. You can do your little drawings. I heard it’s a hobby of yours, yes?”

image.png
    A hobby? Talia snorted.

“Excuse me, but I don’t wish to stay at home. I don’t want to clean, and cook and raise children. How awfully 50’s of you!”

“You don’t have to cook, we could hir-“

image.png
    Talia stood up. Clearly he had missed the train – and while she knew she was raised better than that, she turned
    on her heel and left the room.

Pairing.. as if she was nothing but a pedigree dog.

image.png
    Ten minutes later, her mother stormed into her room.

“Are you out of your mind, Talia?! Do you know how wealthy his family is? How great our reputation would be?
    You would become someone important next to him.”

“I don’t care, Mom.”

image.png
    She looked at Talia as if she was perhaps one of Strangetown’s very own aliens. “You don’t... care.” Her mother’s
    voice trailed off, but only for a moment.

“I don't want to hear it. You are going to do as father and I have decided. No ifs or buts. It is time to grow up,
    to stop doodling in your room and think of your future!”

Her mother left Talia to herself.

image.png
    A single sob could be heard as she threw herself on her bed. She didn’t want to be ‘paired’ with Kyle Roberts,
    she didn’t want to stop ‘doodling’… in fact, she didn’t want to give up on any of her dreams.

image.png
    It was still early in the morning when she stood on the train station. In her hand was a ticket to San Myshun.
    Talia had left everything at home other than a handful of Simoleons and a ticket to the big city. She had no idea
    what awaited her, all she knew was that she would not become Mrs. Roberts, the faithful wife.

image.png
    No, Talia had dreams – and she knew the answer to them would be among the hustle and bustle of San Myshun.
    The very thought of it made a smile creep onto her lips despite the butterflies that whirled around inside her stomach.

She would make her mother proud, if not in the way that her mother had planned for her.

I realized while creating Talia and writing her story, that I want to continue her story after this. I'm pretty fond of her by now, so I'll make my first apartment story about Talia whenever I do get the exp. Thanks again for the giveaway contest and good luck everyone! <3

Sorry for any typo/grammar issues. English isn't my first language.

That story was very intriguing! I too got pretty engaged into my characters. Also, your english was perfect, far better than some of the people I know.
  • Options
    @iballisticbunny6 Thank you! :) I just went hunting for your entry and I love little Eden! Her freckles are super cute. I think we might be playing with the same custom career? I also have the fashionista mod installed. <3
    banner.png
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    This sounds fun! I will try to get my entry in tonight or tommorrow afternoon
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @LunaNova You can take my name off the list. A friend of mine said she's getting it for me for an early Christmas present.

I shall still have the link to the giveaway in my signature though and wish best of luck to everyone!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    @iballisticbunny6 Thank you! :) I just went hunting for your entry and I love little Eden! Her freckles are super cute. I think we might be playing with the same custom career? I also have the fashionista mod installed. <3
    Yeah! I do have that installed, but I need to sort through my cc and see which stuff is causing my game not to load :(
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @iballisticbunny6 I had a hard time sorting through my CC when something almost ruined my game by telling me that I had a corrupt file. :o Then I did some research and decided to download Package Editor (SimPE) because it let me open up the CC files and look at the thumbnail so I knew exactly what each file was, otherwise it can be kind of hard to tell. I don't know how much CC you have, or how you have it organized, but thought I would post this in case it's as chaotic as mine is lol.
    banner.png
  • Options
    @iballisticbunny6 I had a hard time sorting through my CC when something almost ruined my game by telling me that I had a corrupt file. :o Then I did some research and decided to download Package Editor (SimPE) because it let me open up the CC files and look at the thumbnail so I knew exactly what each file was, otherwise it can be kind of hard to tell. I don't know how much CC you have, or how you have it organized, but thought I would post this in case it's as chaotic as mine is lol.
    I don't have that exactly, but I do have the Sims 4 Studio which allows me to click on the file and edit it if it's like on the Sims when their showering.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    @dancergirlcb I'm pink obsessed! I'm sure she will bring an extra touch of pink to San Myshuno!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    dancergirlcbdancergirlcb Posts: 96 Member
    @LunaNova Definitely! I really love pink (if you couldn't tell :D)!
  • Options
    AmbereenAmbereen Posts: 56 Member
    @LunaNova oh thank you so much! :D I'm glad you liked it - I had a lot of fun doing it! xD
  • Options
    chewpikkachewpikka Posts: 42 Member
    10-29-16_8-13-30nbspPM.png~original

Her name's Chloe and she's a huge foodie as well as a gardener! Chloe's moving to San Myshuno in hopes of making a name of herself in the culinary industry :) ! She's extremely friendly and can't wait to check out the festivals in order to meet new people as well as maybe discover new recipes! Living from paycheck to paycheck due to her paying off student loans :lol: , so home-owning isn't seen near in the future, but the city life is definitely the place for her! Thanks for doing this giveaway, it means a lot! :heart:
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    b8pjdz.jpg

^ Sorry, I just wanted to make that clear in case you missed this.

The link to my entry is here: simscitylivingcomp.blogspot.co.uk/

Things you need to know about my entry:
    - it's from the POV (Point of View) of my sim
    - it's written in the form of a letter, as if my sim is applying for an apartment (I don't think that's how apartments work but I'm only a teenager)
    - her reasons for wanting to go to San Myshuno are in there, just very far in. Like veeery.
    - I told a looot of her backstory
    - I put it on a separate link instead of here bc it's very long and I didn't want to clog the forums.
    - I also know that transport etc are not a thing in city living (I think?) but a lot of the stuff I was just using my imagination for as oppose to completely what will be in the pack.

Thank you so much for your time and being so kind to host this giveaway, as well as bandcampsquirrel who also offered the other city living expansion too.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    sa1azsa1az Posts: 47 Member
    Omg!!!
    Few hours before we know who is the winner. Sooo nervous :D
    rbjwwn.jpg
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    @Purrdalecki A fun bit of info, sometimes a handwritten note when trying to get an apartment or a home can actually help you get it because the owner appreciates the extra bit of thought and wants their home to go to someone who will love it. So that is a really interesting idea for your submission!
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited October 2016
    This is Jessica Starr

et7777.png

Her Top, Skirt and Shoes are from Marigold, her tatto is from S-Club and her hair is from Stealthic and its name is Runaway.

Her Traits are Art Lover, Outgoing and Romantic, her aspiration is Painter Extraordinaire.

She is from Oasis Springs and wishes to move to the big city of San Myshuno to continue her dream as a painter. She drives to be the best she can be and does all that she can. She practices painting a lot in her 1 bed 1 bath home to let time pass by, she is sick of living in the dry old desert and wants a break from it all, where she can have a fun enjoyable life. She also wants to start her own family once she has settled into her work life.
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited October 2016
    Breazona wrote: »
    This is Linnéa Kinsley and she has called Portland home for 22 years.
    09-21-16_5-06-35nbspPM_zpsassyiwus.png
    She makes very creative street art and just loves all the food festivals and unique restaurant choices that Portland has to offer! She's a real foodie. She's a very confident (self- assured) girl, and a lot of that confidence has come from growing up in Portland. Portland is best known for embracing the weird, so she was never afraid to be herself. Portland doesn't get much sun, which results in Linnéa being ghost white. She's wanted to live in a penthouse for as long as she can remember, but she'll have to make some cash first. Her main source of income comes from her street art, which she doesn't make a ton off of but she can live off of it. Both of her parents were politicians, and they want her to follow their lead as they have the connections to get her very high up very quickly, but she prefers to make her own way.
    There's truly so much to eat in Portland, but nearly every time she goes out to eat she goes to a Chinese place. When she isn't making her mark on the world with street art, she's painting. Her paintings aren't well known, but everyone that knows Linnéa knows she has a lot of talent. Her favorite karaoke bar features a lot of her work. She absolutely cannot sing, but she loves to go sing karaoke with her friends anyway. She would be totally lost in any rural setting, and that's why City Living suits her so well!
    09-21-16_5-06-30nbspPM_zpsg9uysfgu.png
    BeFunky%20Collage_zpshx3oaajd.jpg
    I'm certainly not a creative person and I cannot write at all, but I hope that wasn't totally horrible! I currently only have the BG and I've been playing TS4 a lot more lately, but it can be a bit boring playing just the BG. I hope I fulfilled all the requirements, thank you for giving these packs away.

Where did you get her....everything!? Outfit, boots.. hair..! I love :)

I didn't see this until now, sorry! This is her hair. You will need the original hair for that, since it's a recolor. These are her everyday wear boots. This might be her crop top.. I know it's the crop top I used for her athletic wear, but I am not sure if it is used for her everyday wear as well. If I find out I'm wrong I'll let you know. Eyes. Lipstick. Eyebrows. Liner. Skin. Skirt. Scarf. Her eye shadow is from SIMPHORA. Her nose highlight is from SenpaiSimmer. If you want anything else let me know.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    sa1az wrote: »
    Omg!!!
    Few hours before we know who is the winner. Sooo nervous :D

me too @sa1az XD i have low expactations thought from my experiences XD
  • Options
    SonicMoon08SonicMoon08 Posts: 2 New Member
    [img]file:///C:/Users/Alicia/Desktop/10-30\-16_11-30-57%C2%A0PM.png[/img]
  • Options
    SonicMoon08SonicMoon08 Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry! Posted that comment by accident! It's my first time in this forum. Is the giveaway over? Or will it close October 31 @ 11:59pm?
  • Options
    Sorry! Posted that comment by accident! It's my first time in this forum. Is the giveaway over? Or will it close October 31 @ 11:59pm?
    The winner will be announced sometime tomorrow I presume so you have less than an hour to enter if you wish.
  • Options
    I'm so excited. Good luck everyone. <3
    banner.png
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Good luck everyone!!
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top