Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Love, Jacob" (A Secret Admirer story) -- 11/06 update.

KittybitKittybit Posts: 97 Member
Jacob has been smitten by a girl that he saw at the library weeks ago. Being somewhat awkward and not
finding it in himself to directly approach her, he introduces himself in an unconventional way.

Hello and welcome to "Love, Jacob." After doing a whole lot of fussing over my blog and setting up things,
I am finally ready to advertise for my story. I hope you will take a look at it, get to know Jacob and follow
him as he somehow awkwardly tries to get to know the girl of his dreams. <3

I also wanted to give a big thank you to @CathyTea for being so supportive. Your advice and feedback are
greatly appreciated and have become an inspiration to me.

Updates:

Infatuation at first sight
Chapter two: "Love, Jacob."
Chapter three: One Daydream Away
Chapter four: Absolute Perfection
Chapter five: "Slowly, and then all at once."
Chapter six: The Zone
banner.png
Post edited by Kittybit on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    What a great start! Jacob and Cleo seem like such interesting characters. I can't wait to find out more about them, and see them eventually meet each other! :)

Me Before You is one of my favourite books, haha. Hopefully Cleo will like it too.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Kittybit Thanks so much for the thank you... and you're welcome! I love your story--can't wait to keep reading! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I really like this story too I can't wait to see where you go with this :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    @Marmalade27 Thank you so much for reading and commenting, that made me so happy :) I'll be working on fleshing out their characters for readers as I go, bit by bit. And yes! It's such a great book. I devoured it myself lol.

@CathyTea Thank you again! I'm so happy to have your support and I hope you'll continue to like Jacob's story. <3

@SeaDragonSong I actually have another update sitting in my draft... I just don't want to spam like crazy lol. I am so happy that you like the story! :)
    banner.png
  • Options
    Double day update! Both chapters are kind of short but also related to each other, so I decided to publish both.

I just wanted to say thank you to my readers. :)

chap3.png

Chapter 3: One Daydream Away

chap4.png

Chapter 4: Absolute Perfection
    banner.png
  • Options
    totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member
    Sul Sul!

Thank you for dropping by our reading circle and I am glad you have taken interest in joining it! We would love to add you, as I mentioned in my post there, so I'll get your story added to the list soon!

I just finished chapter 2, and I am smitten by Cleo just as much as Jacob already! I really love the small details you add in without making the reading too overwhelming, as well as the small quirks we have already learned about both of them. I am very excited to see where this story leads, as it's so original! I also appreciate a stand alone story, as a lot of simlits here on the forums are based around a challenge.

I'm about to jump into the next two chapters! Again, thanks for posting in the reading circle forum and well done on your first two chapters! I really enjoyed them.

Happy simming! :)
    # BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Thank you so much @totalRainbow :) I'd love to be part of it, thanks. I have a little - okay maybe a lot lol - reading to catch up with everyone, but would be more than happy to do so. This week is a slow one for me, so a perfect time to read.

I am so happy that you like Cleo and Jacob! I love them myself and I am working on developing their personality throughout the chapters, flaws and all. That's one of the reasons why I was smiling when you mentioned their quirks. I'm happy you noticed the little things! Thank you for reading and commenting.

Also a general note: My shoulder was injured yesterday morning so I won't be updating for some days. Rotating the mouse in-game and doing all the set up and editing is just too much of a pain (literally lol) right now, but I will still be here, reading other stories, commenting, and loving on Simlit authors. :)
    Post edited by Kittybit on
    banner.png
  • Options
    Aww, sorry to hear you got hurt and hopefully you'll recover soon! :)
    Story_Banner.png
  • Options
    TaraIris94TaraIris94 Posts: 552 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm so glad you ended up joining the New in Town reading circle! I'm not sure I would have found out about this story if you hadn't.

I've read all the chapters so far and they're so good. I know you mentioned in the circle that you had wrote this story outside of Sims and just started to add the pictures to it, but I think you're off to a great start. This is unlike any other simlit I've ever read. I love how you've included the smallest details about Cleo and Jacob- I think it makes them feel real, or maybe it reminds me of how authors describe their characters in books? Anyways, I am really enjoying the story so far! I can't wait to read more and see how the story progresses.

Get your shoulder well soon! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @SeaDragonSong Thank you! I think I am half way there... now not to die of boredom the next few days while I wait to use my arm properly. :p

@TaraIris94 I'm happy that I could join even though the group was kind of full when I found it :) Your comment made me smile! I'm always happy when people notice the little things and I think one of the reasons why I included some of them, has to do with the story originally being a regular story rather than Simlit. It's been challenging and fun to figure out how to transition from strictly story format to Simlit. Thank you so much for your nice compliments on the story.
    banner.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Got another chapter up! It took a couple of days longer after I hurt my shoulder. Don't climb on chairs while trying to reach stuff on tall shelves.. bad, bad idea. :p

Just wanted to thank my readers while I am at it, you are the best! Every like/follow/comment on my blog, as well as the support in forum threads, brings a smile to my face. :) Aaaand here is another piece of Jacob&Cleo.

chap5.png

Chapter 5: Slowly, and then all at once.
    banner.png
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    I am in love with your story!!! I can't wait to read the next chapter!! Beautifully written :)
  • Options
    @Meeshelby Thank you! That really made my day. I hope you will like the next chapter.. which is coming up asap! :)
    banner.png
  • Options
    Another chapter is up. Not super long, but the next one will get a little lengthier.. as we enter The Zone. ;)

chap6.png

Chapter six: The Zone.
    banner.png
  • Options
    I love the two of them. Great chapter!
    Story_Banner.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I can't get over how beautiful your screenshots are! The way the colors, cc, composition, framing--all of it--work, it stands apart from other Sim screenshots and makes this feel unique!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @SeaDragonSong Thank you so much. I'm happy that you like Cleo & Jacob! :)

@CathyTea Thanks! Your comments are always so sweet and I honestly only started thinking of camera angles and such as a creative thing after our conversations. Also having you link some blogs to me was super helpful because I find so much inspiration for screenshots :) It makes me wonder if there's an advice and tips thread/guide out there somewhere? I know for sure if made all the difference for me and there's still so much more I can learn.
    banner.png
  • Options
    TaraIris94TaraIris94 Posts: 552 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I can't get over how beautiful your screenshots are! The way the colors, cc, composition, framing--all of it--work, it stands apart from other Sim screenshots and makes this feel unique!

I couldn't have said it better myself! This story is so unique and I can't wait for more updates @Kittybit!!
  • Options
    @TaraIris94 Thank you! I'm so happy that you found way to my blog and like the story. You're very sweet :)

Also a general note. I've been swamped with college work the past week now that the classes are getting closer to the end (got finals on nov 30, dec 2 and 6) but after that I have a month off yay! I'll make an update sun eve and will catch up with everyone else, tho!
    banner.png