The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, I Finally Give Up On This Game.

Comments

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I'm sorry, I gave this game a chance. Bought it on June 17th 2016, gave up October 17th 2016.

So, why did I give up on this game after just 4 months?

Quite simply, it's because I don't have anything left to do. I've tried everything there is to try. The only things I enjoyed were the new face-moulding tools and the retail system in GTW. Everything else was just a checklist of "Click this fruit 5 times, and get an emotional boost".

However, even though that's what eventually drove me to go back to TS3, I'm still not sure what it is that Sims 4 does so badly that it bores me. In fact, no. It doesn't bore me, it just doesn't feel absorbing and fun. It just feels like a mindless time-killer rather than a game. I'm so annoyed though, because I can't put my finger on what the game does so wrong. I've pretty much concluded that there is one thing that kills the experience, but it's just impossible to find. I CAN'T work it out. I've listened to everyone else's reasons, and they're completely right that those reasons kill the quality of the game, but I don't think anyone has yet found what the draining factor is. And I use the word draining because that's exactly what it feels like when I play Sims 4. It feels draining.

Anyway, I'll likely still be active on the forums, but I definitely will no longer be playing Sims 4.

Sorry but this is neither insightful, nor fair to this wonderful game. The Sims 4 is like the earlier versions of the game totally depending on your fantasy and will to explore and eventually experiment. As a regular player of all 4 versions, I find The sims 4 the best of them all. Playing it every day, and it leaves me speechless for all the possibilities, and we are still getting more.

4 months? You must be kidding, and you think you have tried it all? did you explore all the hidden places? Did you send your scientist through the wormhole or having a male sim abducted and pregnant? Have you played with same sex sims, one being able to impregnant the other, and the other being able to get pregnant? Have you tried resourrecting the two wonderful ghosts north of Windenburg and play with them? They have a lot to tell you, and shows you a totally other side of the game.

Have your sims been running a restaurant? Become a super musician? Have you played a robber or a king? Well, and there is much more like haveing an orphanage and a university. OK, I simply don't believe, you have tried "everything".
  • Options
    Monet_MonroeMonet_Monroe Posts: 63 Member
    I was the same way for awhile. But then I made a family without mods or cheats. Its cool that way. Maybe in a few years if a Sims 5 come out. They have it like all other games where you can play with friends now that would be very dope
    Everything is Awesome
    Everything is cool when ur part of a time B)
    Everything is Awesome

Origin ID: Monet_Monroe85
  • Options
    Monet_MonroeMonet_Monroe Posts: 63 Member
    like a separate world
    Everything is Awesome
    Everything is cool when ur part of a time B)
    Everything is Awesome

Origin ID: Monet_Monroe85
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    As a story teller, I enjoy the Sims 4 more than any of the others. As for the OP, your reasons don't really add up to anything other than: It is not the Sims 3. That is fine, we all like different things. I hated the Sims 3 and I didn't try and force myself to play it, so I understand, but I also didn't come to the forums to bash it simply because it didn't appeal to me. Given how different the Sims 3 is from the Sims 4 (and the Sims 2 for that matter), it doesn't surprise me that avid Sims 3 fans don't like it. The primary features of Sims 3 CASt, open world, and SP are usually the reasons that most Sims 3 players enjoy it. Okay... but again if like me you don't care about those things, then Sims 3 is boring and repetitive. As a story teller, I had no desire to play matchy match with CASt or have SP playing the game for me. The so called events, and rabbit holes instead of real places that you went into also left me cold. So you see it is really a matter of perspective.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    me i will never give up on sims4 i muich prefer sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm sorry, I gave this game a chance. Bought it on June 17th 2016, gave up October 17th 2016.

So, why did I give up on this game after just 4 months?

Quite simply, it's because I don't have anything left to do. I've tried everything there is to try. The only things I enjoyed were the new face-moulding tools and the retail system in GTW. Everything else was just a checklist of "Click this fruit 5 times, and get an emotional boost".

However, even though that's what eventually drove me to go back to TS3, I'm still not sure what it is that Sims 4 does so badly that it bores me. In fact, no. It doesn't bore me, it just doesn't feel absorbing and fun. It just feels like a mindless time-killer rather than a game. I'm so annoyed though, because I can't put my finger on what the game does so wrong. I've pretty much concluded that there is one thing that kills the experience, but it's just impossible to find. I CAN'T work it out. I've listened to everyone else's reasons, and they're completely right that those reasons kill the quality of the game, but I don't think anyone has yet found what the draining factor is. And I use the word draining because that's exactly what it feels like when I play Sims 4. It feels draining.

Anyway, I'll likely still be active on the forums, but I definitely will no longer be playing Sims 4.

Sorry but this is neither insightful, nor fair to this wonderful game. The Sims 4 is like the earlier versions of the game totally depending on your fantasy and will to explore and eventually experiment. As a regular player of all 4 versions, I find The sims 4 the best of them all. Playing it every day, and it leaves me speechless for all the possibilities, and we are still getting more.

4 months? You must be kidding, and you think you have tried it all? did you explore all the hidden places? Did you send your scientist through the wormhole or having a male sim abducted and pregnant? Have you played with same sex sims, one being able to impregnant the other, and the other being able to get pregnant? Have you tried resourrecting the two wonderful ghosts north of Windenburg and play with them? They have a lot to tell you, and shows you a totally other side of the game.

Have your sims been running a restaurant? Become a super musician? Have you played a robber or a king? Well, and there is much more like haveing an orphanage and a university. OK, I simply don't believe, you have tried "everything".
    Whether or not they actually tried everything isnt up for debate because you shouldn't be implying someone is lying to make their point, it's rude.

I'm willing to bet even if they didn't try everything, they tried enough things to realize that any situation you put your sim in is the same because all sims act and play the exact same. Nothing you do with them effects ANYTHING in the world. There is no way to touch or change the world in a meaningful way in this game and that is one of it's biggest problems. I suspect it's why many ppl find the game draining because you put in all this effort to set up households, families, relationships, bakeries, schools, gyms, clubs etc and none of it matters. The worst thing is the fact that culling hasn't even been addressed. The game will undo any and all hard work without prejudice.

And I don't like to be called "rude". Where in my post did I write anything about lying? Please don't read between the lines! Not being able to believe that someone has tried it all, is NOT the same thing as calling that person a liar (in my book). :(
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »
    As a story teller, I enjoy the Sims 4 more than any of the others. As for the OP, your reasons don't really add up to anything other than: It is not the Sims 3. That is fine, we all like different things. I hated the Sims 3 and I didn't try and force myself to play it, so I understand, but I also didn't come to the forums to bash it simply because it didn't appeal to me. Given how different the Sims 3 is from the Sims 4 (and the Sims 2 for that matter), it doesn't surprise me that avid Sims 3 fans don't like it. The primary features of Sims 3 CASt, open world, and SP are usually the reasons that most Sims 3 players enjoy it. Okay... but again if like me you don't care about those things, then Sims 3 is boring and repetitive. As a story teller, I had no desire to play matchy match with CASt or have SP playing the game for me. The so called events, and rabbit holes instead of real places that you went into also left me cold. So you see it is really a matter of perspective.
    Rereading the OP I don't find anything back there what you're saying here. All they say is that the state of the game drove them back to playing Sims 3, not that missing CASt or open world is the reason. In fact they say they can't put their finger on it. Seems to me all you did here was take another opportunity to express your dislike for Sims 3, without its open venues (?), but I fear this topic is about being disappointed in Sims 4 all by itself. It's not about preferring another game and expecting a copy of that. We want to be entertained when we play a game and we are not. And the fact you aren't entertained by a previous version is irrelevant here.

I agree - also, this is not just a game they've made and said 'here you go, this is it until then next one' - it's *constantly* being updated. And while there is even the remotest, teeniest chance that they'll finally do the proper thing and implement the things they should have done 2 years ago people are going to frequent this place.

Simple as. When EA come out and say they're not doing anything more for this game people are going to constantly complain or praise it.

Embrace it, fight it, get over it it - whatever - it's not going to change.

--T
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »
    Rereading the OP I don't find anything back there what you're saying here. All they say is that the state of the game drove them back to playing Sims 3, not that missing CASt or open world is the reason. In fact they say they can't put their finger on it. Seems to me all you did here was take another opportunity to express your dislike for Sims 3, without its open venues (?), but I fear this topic is about being disappointed in Sims 4 all by itself. It's not about preferring another game and expecting a copy of that. We want to be entertained when we play a game and we are not. And the fact you aren't entertained by a previous version is irrelevant here.

I agree - also, this is not just a game they've made and said 'here you go, this is it until then next one' - it's *constantly* being updated. And while there is even the remotest, teeniest chance that they'll finally do the proper thing and implement the things they should have done 2 years ago people are going to frequent this place.

Simple as. When EA come out and say they're not doing anything more for this game people are going to constantly complain or praise it.

Embrace it, fight it, get over it it - whatever - it's not going to change.

--T
    Yes, though I am reaching that point where I don't believe in it anymore. Which is good news for people like Mendota, because it means people like me will soon abandon this place ;) (because you're right, that is the reason people are hanging out here) Two nights ago really was a breaking point for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Can I have your stuff?
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Can I have your stuff?

Hi OEII1001. If you go onto Origin, there's a product called The Sims 3. It costs $30, but costs less elsewhere. Click "Buy" and the installation should start.
  • Options
    Can I have your stuff?

Hi OEII1001. If you go onto Origin, there's a product called The Sims 3. It costs $30, but costs less elsewhere. Click "Buy" and the installation should start.

Oh, I already own it. Thank you though. "Can I have your stuff" originates from my time en EvE Online. People would make these emotional "I'm leaving" posts, to which people would reply "can I have your stuff". It is my stock reply when I see things like this.

Look, it's a single-player game. If you don't like it then don't play it. I didn't end up liking Darkest Dungeon. I didn't go to the Darkest Dungeon forums and tell them I was going to stop playing. If you're done then you're done. There are countless other video games out there. I am sure that you can find one you'll enjoy more than The Sims 4.

I wish you much future enjoyment.
  • Options
    Can I have your stuff?

Oh, I already own it. Thank you though. "Can I have your stuff" originates from my time en EvE Online. People would make these emotional "I'm leaving" posts, to which people would reply "can I have your stuff". It is my stock reply when I see things like this.

Look, it's a single-player game. If you don't like it then don't play it. I didn't end up liking Darkest Dungeon. I didn't go to the Darkest Dungeon forums and tell them I was going to stop playing. If you're done then you're done. There are countless other video games out there. I am sure that you can find one you'll enjoy more than The Sims 4.

Oh, that's funny. If only October 2015 hadn't happened....

The thing is, I kinda have to play the game because otherwise I wasted $280. The other thing is, I want to enjoy this game, because it's a game in a series that I like. But I can't enjoy the game because there's nothing to enjoy. To quote myself from 4 months ago, "There are only 2 ways to play that don't involve Katy Perry".
  • Options
    Can I have your stuff?

The thing is, I kinda have to play the game because otherwise I wasted $280. The other thing is, I want to enjoy this game, because it's a game in a series that I like. But I can't enjoy the game because there's nothing to enjoy. To quote myself from 4 months ago, "There are only 2 ways to play that don't involve Katy Perry".

No, you're wrong. You don have to play anything! Electronic Arts does not get to dictate your leisure time. And if you threw money hand over fist at a product that you weren't enjoying then that is on you. Yes, you wasted that money. The good news is that you don't have to continue wasting money. You can move on. There's lots more out there that you would enjoy better. You'll be happier too.
  • Options
    Can I have your stuff?

No, you're wrong. You don have to play anything! Electronic Arts does not get to dictate your leisure time. And if you threw money hand over fist at a product that you weren't enjoying then that is on you. Yes, you wasted that money. The good news is that you don't have to continue wasting money. You can move on. There's lots more out there that you would enjoy better. You'll be happier too.

I WANT to enjoy the game. It should be good. It really should be good. But it's not. It just isn't.

But you aren't enjoying it. And playing it makes you angry. It clearly isn't the game for you. Going back to EvE Online, we had a term for when one finally stopped playing. We called it "beating the game". I beat EvE Online in February of 2011. When will you beat The Sims 4?
  • Options
    Can I have your stuff?

I WANT to enjoy the game. It should be good. It really should be good. But it's not. It just isn't.

But you aren't enjoying it. And playing it makes you angry. It clearly isn't the game for you. Going back to EvE Online, we had a term for when one finally stopped playing. We called it "beating the game". I beat EvE Online in February of 2011. When will you beat The Sims 4?

Guess what? It's EA's fault that I'm not enjoying it. Why is this? Because they discarded 90% of the game and replaced it with Emotions. I still struggle to see how people enjoy it unless they play the party lifestyle.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I didn't end up liking Darkest Dungeon.
    Another one falls...

"Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Can I have your stuff?

Guess what? It's EA's fault that I'm not enjoying it. Why is this? Because they discarded 90% of the game and replaced it with Emotions. I still struggle to see how people enjoy it unless they play the party lifestyle.

You've already established that you don't like the game. You're currently establishing contempt for those who do, although that's not very productive. But your unhappiness is your fault. Not mine. Not others. Not EA's. You will determine how long you'll be unhappy.

As an aside regarding your signature, Arkansas is a French adaptation of a Siouan–Catawban word with a convoluted history generally understood to mean 'people of the south wind'. It is not English, and certainly not the King's English.
  • Options
    Can I have your stuff?

You've already established that you don't like the game. You're currently establishing contempt for those who do, although that's not very productive. But your unhappiness is your fault. Not mine. Not others. Not EA's. You will determine how long you'll be unhappy.

As an aside regarding your signature, Arkansas is a French adaptation of a Siouan–Catawban word with a convoluted history generally understood to mean 'people of the south wind'. It is not English, and certainly not the King's English.

Nope. EA is at fault. You do not decide if you are happy. That is influenced by outside sources. If a child is starving, is it their fault that they're unhappy because they decide if they are happy? If you could decide to be happy, everyone would do that. But they don't. Why? Because you can't just choose to be happy.

Also, well done. You explained it for me. I'll gladly withdraw it from my signature.