Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, I Finally Give Up On This Game.

Comments

• Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Voeille wrote: »
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    Wooden Sims? Yes. Definitely.

Repetitive, shallow gameplay? All Sims games have the same type of gameplay, so I don't get it.

All sims games are the same genre (or at least are supposed to be), but there are significant differences between gameplay of each iterations.

Yes, I know that, but I was talking, like, in general.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    crashdodgerscrashdodgers Posts: 61 Member
    Ashystar wrote: »
    I like the sims 3 and 4 for different reasons. Sims 4 plays so smoothly for me but sims 3 is sooo annoyingly jumpy and freezy, so i cant bring my self to play it very often. If they could just squash the sims 3 and 4 together and create sims 4.0 id be happy

I to am a huge fan of TS3, but unfortunately my system just is not good enough to enable me to play, the load time is far too long and and when I do get into the game is dose that annoyingly jumpy and freezing, so i can't bring myself to play it very often. But with the fast loading of TS4, at least I more game time then with TS3 over the same period, but now I have freezing in TS4, and it now appears that it is caused by too much content in my tray folder, I mean what a complete and unter mean/nasty/totally unnecessary thing to do, it is as if EA/Maxis has finally found a way to stop use using to much cc in OUR games.

And personal if I had the money I would start think about taking legal action against EA/Maxis, to stop the interfering with my game enjoyment, also with all the things they have been doing with TS4, I am getting a sick feeling that EA/Maxis, do not want to spend more money and time doing the job right, so leaving us to complain about the and I am just waiting for EA/Maxis, to announce that this is the end of the road and that there will be no more Sims, as we are complain too much about the game so they are not going to develop a 5th game for this reason. Watch this space.
  • Options
    FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Okay I will admit it...LOL I was probably one of those people who thought Sims 3 sims didn't have personality and had too many freaking moodlets.

I finally have my Sims 3 game ready to go and loaded it up today. The first thing I thought to myself is wow my Sim has a lot of personality..LMAO She met a random sim. They were attracted to each other. She started flirting with him on her own. I was like WOW this is awesome. Hey I can admit when I am wrong and yeah I was pretty wrong. Maybe I needed Sims 4 to really appreciate the sims in Sims 3.

Lol. That's exactly what happened to me. It's weird. I literally could never get into Sims 3. I played it off and on, but I always went back to 2 as my main one. Then something weird happened last December. I finally rage-quit on S4 after another shoddy patch and I was like, "Wow, I never realized how fun S3 was before."<--that was just the base game too. Been playing it ever since.

Same here. I also gave up in December. First I went back to TS2 than to TS3 because of all the creative tools. I said this already, TS4 maked me love TS3. It's like TS4 opend my eyes. Maybe I should count this on the plus side, when I'm thinking about my wasted 120 Euros for TS4 :D
    Now I'm total in love with my sims in TS3, their reactions and their personalities.
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    Despite my initial disappointment with TS3 I did play it during its years because the good things about it outweighed the bad. However, I complained a lot, and wanted the game to improve. TS4 made me appreciate the good things about TS3 even more, and care less about the bad. I already regarded TS2 as the most polished before, but thanks to TS4 I see it more and I play the game the most often when I feel like simming. It’s great, and it should be an example for future sims games, or a competitor.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    Despite my initial disappointment with TS3 I did play it during its years because the good things about it outweighed the bad. However, I complained a lot, and wanted the game to improve. TS4 made me appreciate the good things about TS3 even more, and care less about the bad. I already regarded TS2 as the most polished before, but thanks to TS4 I see it more and I play the game the most often when I feel like simming. It’s great, and it should be an example for future sims games, or a competitor.

Improve is the magic word here. This is something I will never understand. Maxis did so great things in both games TS2 and TS3. Both are different, but in both are great things. Why didn't they build on this ? I'm sure they could have done it, if I look at the TS4 Cas. But that's it. It's end with the Cas in TS4 (for me !) :(
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    Faridah wrote: »
    Improve is the magic word here. This is something I will never understand. Maxis did so great things in both games TS2 and TS3. Both are different, but in both are great things. Why didn't they build on this ? I'm sure they could have done it, if I look at the TS4 Cas. But that's it. It's end with the Cas in TS4 (for me !) :(

I like the idea of CAS, but it needs improvement. Sure, modifying body and separate hats are great, they really did it right, but no CASt ruins lots of enjoyment with CAS. I’d also like more editable areas on sims’ faces and bigger range of modifiers, and I’d still like to have sliders as an addition to the push-pull method, and number values for sliders. It should be possible to add custom sliders/modifiable areas by modders too.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

I am in no doubt why they didn't do this and it should be clear to you too if you have tried to play TS3 with all the expansions installed?

TS3 became unstable and with extremely long load times because no matter how much the developers had worked on avoiding it the open world just made it impossible on current computers. So if the open world had been included in TS4 too then the game either would have got so extremely high minimum requirements that the sales numbers could be expected to be low or it would have been equally impossible to make good stable expansions for TS4 too.

So the open world had to go. But then TS4 couldn't become an improvement of TS3. So it had to become a new type of Sims game instead. Therefore it was made mainly for people who liked to create sims, build houses and prefered an easy happy life for their sims with most emphasis on partying and as a good looking superficial game instead of a deaper game about raising kids and families like in TS2 or TS3.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

I am in no doubt why they didn't do this and it should be clear to you too if you have tried to play TS3 with all the expansions installed?

TS3 became unstable and with extremely long load times because no matter how much the developers had worked on avoiding it the open world just made it impossible on current computers. So if the open world had been included in TS4 too then the game either would have got so extremely high minimum requirements that the sales numbers could be expected to be low or it would have been equally impossible to make good stable expansions for TS4 too.

So the open world had to go. But then TS4 couldn't become an improvement of TS3. So it had to become a new type of Sims game instead. Therefore it was made mainly for people who liked to create sims, build houses and prefered an easy happy life for their sims with most emphasis on partying and as a good looking superficial game instead of a deaper game about raising kids and families like in TS2 or TS3.

Just one comment on all this...extremely long load times? No. Not everyone had long load times. I have every EP and SP and most of the store, my saved games load in a couple minutes and always have. A lot depends on your PC or laptop. Instead of fixing open world for Sims 4 they dumped it, along with Create-a-Style and toddlers. Terrain tools and the ability to edit the worlds. All gone.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I don't have long load times either. And I don't have a super expensive gaming computer.
    Most current computers can handle the Sims 3 just fine now.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2016

S4 is also unstable. No open world or CASt to cause this. The load times will also increase with additions and time. It's unavoidable for a game that runs as long as it does. Both the sims 1 and 2 also required better hardware over time. It's what happens when a game becomes more demanding with added content and features. S4 won't be any different in this area.

The argument for omitting features doesnt work for me when it's obvious history will repeat itself, regardless of the excuses for making the current decisions.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options

I believe you get me wrong. TS3 is a technical disaster, that's right. I was more thinking about a mixture of both games, let me call it the middle way.
    An open world is great, but I can live without it. But why not a semi-open world ? There are just three or four lots in every neighboorhood. Just as an example.
    Also you can play TS2 without any mods. It's still a great game and will always be my favorite. Players ask since years for an apartment-system like in TS2. But what do they get ? Talking toilets !
    Goal missed, I would say ;) Definitely !

It's not, that I don't have an open mind and I'm able to make compromises, but what they did/do makes no sense to me. Since TS1 the sims game collectet so many different players together. This was the huge strength of the game and in my opion the reason for the success. Now they ignore most of them.

I hope, I could explain what I'm trying to say. Sorry, sometimes I struggle a lot with the english language :flushed:

opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Sims 3 is so unstable that I can play it on my 2005 Toshiba laptop with all packs installed with little to no lag.
  • Options

I believe you get me wrong. TS3 is a technical disaster, that's right. I was more thinking about a mixture of both games, let me call it the middle way.
    An open world is great, but I can live without it. But why not a semi-open world ? There are just three or four lots in every neighboorhood. Just as an example.
    Also you can play TS2 without any mods. It's still a great game and will always be my favorite. Players ask since years for an apartment-system like in TS2. But what do they get ? Talking toilets !
    Goal missed, I would say ;) Definitely !

It's not, that I don't have an open mind and I'm able to make compromises, but what they did/do makes no sense to me. Since TS1 the sims game collectet so many different players together. This was the huge strength of the game and in my opion the reason for the success. Now they ignore most of them.

I hope, I could explain what I'm trying to say. Sorry, sometimes I struggle a lot with the english language :flushed:
    No I didn't misunderstand you. But there are two viewpoints here: yours and EA's:
    1. As so many other simmers you just wanted EA to mix the things you liked in TS2 and in TS3 and only omit or replace the things you didn't care about. But not everybody agree with you about what the things worthy of preservation from the previous games were.
    2. So if EA should satisfy everybody then EA should preserve everything from TS2 and TS3. But this would be impossible anyway because then the game would have to be bigger then even TS3 and both an open world, a closed world and a semi-open world. EA usually doesn't believe in just making the same game with the same expansions in only slightly modified versions over and over again because then many simmers would come to the conclusion that the new version wasn't worth buying if they already had the previous versions. So sales numbers would go down. Therefore EA's idea instead is to experiment with new types of Sims games and EA clearly wants to experiment even more with TS4 then usual because otherwise it wouldn't really have made sense to omit the open world.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2016
    Pary wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever complained about TS3 sims being "wooden" or "robotic" or whatever the latest buzzword put down for TS3 sims is these days.
    I however did complain very loudly about the babyish "safe" gaemplay that was introduced initially with TS3, and in some of the EP's. It felt like it was aimed at kindergarteners. Unicorns for one. I despise them. I am not a five year old girl. I don't need a freaking unicorn. I need more slapping, more fighting, more grit. Never really seemed to get it in Ts3 until later packs.

It still drives me mad that families don't eat dinner together and converse like they did in TS2. That, to this day, alongside being able to bathe your freaking cat but not your toddler in the bath, is my biggest teeth gritting peeve with TS3.

I did watch one of Jo's party comparison videos though, and the TS4 bartender that was just standing there, staring straight ahead and not even moving behind the bar... well... people might want to rethink their ideas on "robotic" because that was the worst I'd seen. Even TS3 robots are less robotic than that.
    Don't underestimate the unicorn.

Frances_241.jpg

Frances_242.jpg

:p

Other than that agreed, by the way.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    blunderwoman727blunderwoman727 Posts: 102 Member
    edited November 2016
    I never get why people trash Sims3 because of poor implementation of some great ideas like open world. There are more than several ways to implement the same thing when it comes to programming and some ways are more efficient than others. Clearly, they didn't do it in the most optimal way in the Sims3 since so many people reported having issues. With that being said the solution was not to throw out the baby with the bath water but to improve the way open world was implemented and not only that but in the tech world, technology you used last year could be outdated today. So I don't get why people seem to feel that open world automatically means lag and crashing or that the developers would be forced to use tech that's nearly a DECADE old.

Either way I play Sims3 just fine these days. For all that was taken out of Sims4 when I did play it way back around the months of its release pre-EPs and etc, the game crashed several times so not so sure why there's a pretense that it's flawless.
    Post edited by blunderwoman727 on
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    I must confess I didn't and still don't like TS3, it was shallow compared to TS2 and unstable... But at least they did TRY to do something new with TS3 in making it open world, with TS4 they didn't even bother to try.
    raw
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    I'm just going to say that The Sims 3's engine was the most BROKEN engine in a Sims game. I've had so, SO many problems running Sims 3, until I got a new computer, and even THEN I'm still getting problems, like those awful load times.

Sims 2 and 4, on the other hand, are pretty stable to me. Sims 2 is occasionally glitchy, like the Sim portraits are loaded up incorrectly, or textures go wokny, but other than that, no problems. Sims 4 runs like a dream... most of the time.

@sparkfairy1 I don't believe your story, honestly. Either your computer is wonky (which I doubt,) or your copy was messed up, somehow.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Don't underestimate the unicorn.

[pic snip]

:p

Other than that agreed, by the way.

:D
    Bah, it looks like My little Pony gone wrong.

TS3 requires kid glove handling. However, the benefits of doing so make for a remarkably fun experience.

It seems a lot of people simply don't want to take the time to do so or they don't know how to optimise their install to achieve the best results, they just want to install and go with little worry, so TS4 and it's basic simplicity seem to suit them.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

That really wasn't across the board. I played TS3 with all expansions and most of the store and had very little issues. Played vanilla pre TS4 so maybe it was because I wasn't loading my game with a ton of CC and mods on top? No idea. But it isn't the case that for all TS3 played badly. Anyway I had a much worse experience trying to run TS4 than I ever did with TS3. I had the worst bug. Every patch requiring a full uninstall/reinstall on a vanilla game.

Same.. I play TS3 all the time and love it, the only time is slows a little and has the occasional lag is when wild horses get stuck in Isla Paradiso. Apart from that it runs like a dream. Can't say that currently of TS4..it's running like a pig.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Evil_One wrote: »
    I must confess I didn't and still don't like TS3, it was shallow compared to TS2 and unstable... But at least they did TRY to do something new with TS3 in making it open world, with TS4 they didn't even bother to try.
    Yes they did although I agree because I am a gamer myself who don't care about looks. But they just chose to make TS4 into a game which is about nothing else but looks and which therefore only is a game for people who like to create special looks. TS4 is about creating and admiring the looks and watching your sims instead of controlling them very much.

I don't like this even though I would like to try all the GPs and EPs shortly. Just not enough to actually buy them because I know that I would only "play" them for at most an hour and then probably never use them again. SPs I wouldn't even care to open one simple time. So even though EA tried to let TS4 be a game for creative people who like to create good looking sims and beautiful houses it still isn't a game for me at all ;)
  • Options

@sparkfairy1 I don't believe your story, honestly. Either your computer is wonky (which I doubt,) or your copy was messed up, somehow.

Generally the people who are lying are the ones who are first to dismiss arguments entirely.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I'm just going to say that The Sims 3's engine was the most BROKEN engine in a Sims game. I've had so, SO many problems running Sims 3, until I got a new computer, and even THEN I'm still getting problems, like those awful load times.

Sims 2 and 4, on the other hand, are pretty stable to me. Sims 2 is occasionally glitchy, like the Sim portraits are loaded up incorrectly, or textures go wokny, but other than that, no problems. Sims 4 runs like a dream... most of the time.

Yes that is right, everyone with broken computers has a perfect TS3.

I have a very wonky computer and my world of 300+ Sims and 500+ lots works like a dream while my very stable PC from a few years ago caused crashes, lags, glitches and everything.

Wonky computers for the win! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Yes that is right, everyone with broken computers has a perfect TS3.

I have a very wonky computer and my world of 300+ Sims and 500+ lots works like a dream while my very stable PC from a few years ago caused crashes, lags, glitches and everything.

Wonky computers for the win! :smiley:
    Sims 3 is so unstable that I can play it on my 2005 Toshiba laptop with all packs installed with little to no lag.